Page 101 of 263 FirstFirst ... 51919699100101102103106111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 5253

Thread: Nasuverse Card Game!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KaoruAoiShiho View Post
    Because of the tribute system in Yugioh, lower level units are your 'mana', or 'economy' or 'resource'. You need to have more of them to power your army, so you can put higher level units on the board. Loyal Followers is an OK defender but why - sasaki?
    I know that, but at the same time you need the high level units to put on the board in the first place.

As for why 40 cards? OPPORTUNITY COST.
    Look, I fully understand the concept, but if you have 45 cards that are roughly equal then there is no reason to get rid of 5 of them just because the minimum deck size is 40. For one thing, it's quite possible (although admittedly rare) to lose by running out of cards (indeed, you nearly did in the game we played, and were it not for the Sold Off card you probably would have), and having even a couple of extra cards would have made the difference between us in that game, and secondly my deck is better balanced with 45 cards than it would be with 40, because you can't have half a card, and they all have different roles.

Quote Originally Posted by ratstsrub View Post
    QUESTION

Why is Magic Blast a suckier version of Sold Off?

D:
    It's not. It destroys the units, rather than just removing them to the player's hand.

I do think Sold Off should apply to both sides of the board, though. At the moment it's a very OP card.

Quote Originally Posted by dakidukno View Post
    Root of the Problem is situational. Its pretty bad to pay 2000 unless the effect/trap u choose is rly screwing u over.
    Which it quite commonly is.

If you run a fair bit of humans, which you do, they make up most weaker units, Impulse is a good safety card. Inhuman Power is a good alternative if ur willing to pay the cost.
    I can see the use of Impulse, but of the cards I could have in my deck, it's certainly one of the weaker ones (indeed, Kaoru explicitly told me to remove it...).

Sasaki is a great card, but because he's a SERVANT, he can be dealt with fairly easily compared to Loyal Followers, therefore making the followers a good defensive alternative.
    Yes, but given how many servants I have in my deck, and how many of my higher-level units are servants, it's better that my opponent use their anti-servant cards on him rather than on a more powerful servant. Plus, he has attack, whereas they do not.

*Hrunting is bad as it doesnt actually boost your stats, leaving ur unit vulnerable during ur turn.
    On the other hand, it's the only card which allows you to lower an enemy's attack on your turn, which means you have control over it, rather than having to wait for them to attack you (which may well not happen). Plus, it's permanent, so if you use it it has the same effect as using Childhood Abuse does, only instead of only working once it applies to all enemies you attack.

*Li is a great card, thanks to his one shot attack, but there are stronger 6 stars (as far as base attack goes).
    I know, but I don't have enough of them. And Li is one of the few cards that can take out stronger enemies, which gives you control of the board.

*Mana Depletion is terrible.
    You may be right there, TBH. I don't think I've used it yet.

*Dagger doesn't give that great a boost, u rly dont need 3. There are definitly more useful cards that could be taking up deckspace.
    etc etc.
    Well, I've removed two of them now.

Oh and, Knife Point is rly a card thats best used if ur ready to take offense on the turn u use it. As a late game card it usually ruins ur chance of recovery.
    Look, how else am I supposed to get rid of a card like Aoko, that I simply lack the power to overcome?

There are a bunch of cards out there that I simply have no way to get rid of, especially in decks like War Hawks, and Knife Point gives me a chance to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Serika View Post
    That is probably because you never saw Stardust in action. My Saber is basically Stardust with easier summoning if you go chain and Excalibur effect.
    True, the Avalon and Excalibur effect is pretty nice.

But, regardless of that, my statement about Rider still stands. Like Kaoru pointed out, every card you have in your deck means less chance of drawing other, more useful cards, so you don't want cards in your deck which do nothing. In order to summon Medusa you need to have a Gorgon-Breaker Medusa on the board and the necessary card in your hand, which means that if you draw her into your hand she is a totally wasted draw. Similarly, to summon her you need to sac a one-sac unit, which means saccing a total of two units anyway, plus you need an extra card on top of that.

For all that, I'd expect a lot more from her than you're currently giving.

And my Aoko summons aren't that easy to get too, or attack.... because someone complained and it got nerfed to this point.
    Well, yes, because they were horribly OP.

And here it is, ALL the Childhood cards i own put in one deck... just because Aoko summon was nerfed that bad.

So basically: 2 Aoko summon from hand and deck
    2 Aoko summon from grave
    1 vampire summon from grave (getting more is useless since i don't have to many vampires)
    1 card that its mainly use is to send Berserker Arc to grave so that i can revive her
    So, its basically a Childhood deck (even if i am still missing Happiness) with a few extra cards
    And you're trying to claim your deck isn't OP?

I don't think I have virtually any of those cards, and the ability to summon vampires and Aoko from the graveyard and/or your hand is extremely powerful, especially with the Final Memory card, even if it has been nerfed to the point that people with a half-decent deck (i.e. "not me") have possible counters to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Serika View Post
    We all know servants can't last to long without their masters, and that most of them should be stronger then their actual form.

There should be a rule that all Servants die in 2 rounds if there is no master on your side of the field.
    Archer class are allowed to take independent actions and exist more without a master, so they should be allowed to last 4 rounds.
    Exception Gilgamesh, if there is no master on your side of the field for 4 turns, instead of dieing, Gilgames returns back to your hand (to kill something to get his mana back) for 1 turn, then he is force invoked back to the field.

I think this would work as an invisible card.
    Seriously?

Servants are weak enough as it is, without needing to have a bunch of master cards in your deck to back them up. Especially when you consider that the only master cards in the starter deck are Sakura and Shinji, both of whom suck. If you were to do that, you would need to totally redo the starter deck to remove 90% of the servants from it.

And a nerf to "Drained Prana". Magus class units should be able to ignore this effect (Shiro and Rin are fine while in Rider's Bloodfort)
    Drained prana is weak enough as it is, TBH, even if that does make sense from a canon viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    I Edit Edit: a card that could be used by both Tohsakas and Edlefelts doesn't sound so bad, Zelretch could probably use it to (kind of guessing but they do get their magecraft from him so it isn't a huge leap and we need more flexible cards [and by we I mean you guys because I am not playing yet])
    Seriously, why is everyone so determined to boost cards like Luvia or Rin, whilst making no effort whatsoever to make Sakura (other than her Living Grail form) useable?

Edit: to be honest the card that needs the biggest boost in stats if we want to stick to canon is Fujino, she is repeatedly stated to be more powerful in pure "stats" (I find it funny this is Nasu's actual term for it) wise than Ryougi and Araya, but she has 1000 ATK and DEF.
    That may be true, but given how strong her effect is it would be stupid to boost her stats.
    Last edited by Mike1984; July 16th, 2011 at 09:29 AM.

後継者 Successor
    Edit: to be honest the card that needs the biggest boost in stats if we want to stick to canon is Fujino, she is repeatedly stated to be more powerful in pure "stats" (I find it funny this is Nasu's actual term for it) wise than Ryougi and Araya, but she has 1000 ATK and DEF.
    Need more info on this. ATK is kinda... fighting skills though not really. Her effect is already making her awesome, she's already borderline OP basically. More would be nuts. Still I think making the game as canon-like as possible is an important goal we should have.

Massive List of changes from last night:

Edits:
    • Nanaya Shiki - Dead End
      Nanaya Shiki renamed to Nanaya Shiki - Dead End
    • Nrvnqsr Chaos
      Nrvnqsr Chaos effect changed: Can invoke 2 Animal Units from your hand, including the 999th Beast. Send Nrvnqsr Chaos to the Deadpool.
    • Aozaki Aoko
      DEF nerfed from 1900 to 1600.
    • Aozaki Touko
      DEF nerfed from 1900 to 1750.
    • Hrunting
      Debuff enhanced. It now lowers by 600 from 500.
    • Archer - Casual Gilgamesh
      New effect: Force Invoked Archer - Gilgamesh from your hand or deck by removing three Servants from the Afterlife to the Deadpool.
    • Vermillion Kiss
      Renamed from Forbidden Romance. Also now increases your health by 1000.
    • Nanaya Kiri
      Buffed. ATK increased from 1400 to 1500. DEF increased from 1100 to 1300.
    • Fujino Nerfed
      Now after using her effect her DEF and ATK falls to 0.
    • Childhood Lesson
      Nerfed. Now requires 2 childhood cards to be discarded, up from 1.
    • Chaos Tiger / Chaos Deer
      Gains the class Darkness.
    • Kirei Kotomine
      ATK increased from 1400 to 1450.
    New Cards:

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Seriously, why is everyone so determined to boost cards like Luvia or Rin, whilst making no effort whatsoever to make Sakura (other than her Living Grail form) useable?
    Serika just made a long post trying to make the Sakuras more useful Mike. We do not have to choke creativity in one direction just because there are cards that are worse off.

N
    • Nanaya Shiki - Dead End
      Nanaya Shiki renamed to Nanaya Shiki - Dead End

New Cards:
    1) I can understand that, it's because we want to have more Nanayas?
    2) You have a very liberal interpretation on what is a joke card and what isn't

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Serika just made a long post trying to make the Sakuras more useful Mike. We do not have to choke creativity in one direction just because there are cards that are worse off.
    Well, I'm not saying that, I just think that Sakura needs to be boosted. And, whilst some of Serika's ideas were pretty good, they pretty much only work if you have a large number of Sakura cards in your deck (in particular, to make normal Sakura useful you need Dark Sakura), and even then a Zanabiya stuck in there at the wrong point (specifically, hitting Magus Sakura) would fuck you over horribly.

Blog Entries
    Oh, and before I forget it:
    "The smell of blood" - Effect, Permanent
    "Whenever a demon hunter you control destroys a unit he gains 200 ATK. If the killed unit was a demon it gains 300 ATK instead"

Possible? Too strong?
    I try to not go overboard with the anti-demon affinity of demon hunters (even when it makes no sense ) but a little has to be.

後継者 Successor
    Noteworthies!

Gilgamesh! We now have Gilgamesh! He's an amazingly useful card that can only be invoked by the Casual Gilgamesh version. I know many people have been storing up Casuals without a way to use them. Now you can!

Mike has been complaining about the lack of an anti-vampire card. Now we have one! Naked Vampire.

The Tohno Family cards are starting to come together... Who will be the first to put together that deck? (honestly, probably me)

Does your deck involve dragging out the game until you can get that crucial card? Now with Not Dying you can give your defenses a serious boost!

Also, I3uster's version of Shiki is now live. Thanks to everyone who's making stuff and giving feedback!

後継者 Successor
    1) I can understand that, it's because we want to have more Nanayas?
    2) You have a very liberal interpretation on what is a joke card and what isn't
    It's because there's no such thing as Tohno Nanaya. The killing chamber quote comes from the Dead End, an AU, out of character Tohno Shiki who gave in to some stupid serial killer desire for no reason? That's the Dead End version of Nanaya. The Tohno Nanaya I originally intended was the Nanaya Mode Nanaya, the one with blue eyes and MEoDP, hunts vampires but is by no means a random serial killer.

And I3uster, can you confirm whether or not you were the one who bade this card:
    http://dulst.com/#!game/4/Nasuverse/2661/Tohno Shiki - Nanaya Mode

And for the joke card. 4th wall breaking metaverse fandom stuff joke cards are the ones I hate. Jokes made in game are totally ok. Arc and Hisui wants to switch uniforms? How cute! Ciel has an abnormal love for curry? Sure. Gilgamesh makes a wisecrack? Why can't servants be funny. It's when you start bringing in Dead-End stuff like Neko Arc that you start running into problems. I mean why Neko Arc and not Ciel Sensei, and why not Mecha Hisui too? And is a CAT FINE TOO? I mean it starts to get really stupid.

Blog Entries
    No, I don't like the concept of a Nanaya mode card as a unit, as I said a few times before.

I understand the reason for changing the normal Nanaya but he was intended as the KT nanaya, so changing the quote would have worked better imo.

Okay, as for my ideas and plans for the demon hunters.
    They basically should move in the spectrum of mid-level 4 stars and top level 6 stars in powerlevels, Satsujinki will stay the most powerful demon hunter card statwise. The focus of the demon hunters will be "killing units and gaining additional benefits from it", with a secondary focus on buff cards because demon hunters are usually to weak to kill the most cards on equal grounds.

As for the jokes, Kohaku DID dress up as Mister Chin and did that weird speech pattern. But I can understand where you are coming from.
    Last edited by I3uster; July 16th, 2011 at 10:27 AM.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    I browsed through the cards and I think I have an idea for a card. It'd use the Realta Nua cg of of Saber's first close up in the Last Episode as the image. It'd be an effect card that lets you browse your deck for a Shirou card and put it into play if you have an active Saber card, and then you shuffle your deck.

Damn, this'd be so much easier if this was M:tG.

後継者 Successor
    The archetype idea sounds good, but why 'demon hunters'? Sounds a little hard to justify story-wise.

Blog Entries
    Because that's what they do, hunt demon hybrids?
    I mean we can't base the archetype on killing demons because that would make it rock paper scissors, only that you are permanently stuck with scissors and everyone uses rock until someone is too stupid and picks paper.
    And demon hunters are pretty effective against Dead Apostles and normal humans too as seen by Tsukihime

Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    I browsed through the cards and I think I have an idea for a card. It'd use the Realta Nua cg of of Saber's first close up in the Last Episode as the image. It'd be an effect card that lets you browse your deck for a Shirou card and put it into play if you have an active Saber card, and then you shuffle your deck.

Damn, this'd be so much easier if this was M:tG.
    Inherent system flaw. You can translate the concept of pretty much every YGO card into MTG but not every MTG card can be made a YGO card.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, (non-human) Demons right now are actually pretty powerful (at least potentially), because they lack any card that defeats them, so having Demon Hunter cards which can do is isn't necessarily a bad idea. You just have to make sure they're not useful only against Demons.

Blog Entries
    Yup. They have a concept-wise affinity anyway because killing units hurts a demon-based deck more since they will be leaning more towards 1- and 2-sac units.
    But a little forced affinity can't hurt.

And Mystic Eyes of Death Perception are pretty effective against Dead Apostles and normal humans too as seen by Tsukihime
    Fixed that for you, pretty sure that most of the Demon hunting Association except freaks like Fujino would have no way of dealing with vampires considering all it took to undermine their way of doing things and create new branches were hybrids.

@Karou
    Fujino wrecks an entire expansion bridge for cars. I know the movie makes it look really slow and boring but I am pretty sure it happened quite faster in the novel. But still even if it did take a half a minute or a minute or so that is like a anti-fortress level attack right there, I don't think her attack really allows defense in terms of structural integrity to be honest. And then she is clairvoyant and her attack hits you at the speed of sight, with her developing clairvoyance there really shouldn't be any to dodge out of the way like Ryougi sort of did at the beginning and Tohno does with Akiha since clairvoyance ignores obstructions and distractions to vision.

Still in the end it is your choice, if you want to boost her attack but keep her balanced you could give her abysmal defense and force her into defense position every time she attacks since she can't really respond to a direct melee assault.

Edit: just from my knowledge of Yu Gi Oh's attempts at balancing, they often have cards that can be summoned without a tribute that have 2000 atk if they have some detrimental effect like losing atk points or forcing you to tribute a monster for each attack. Not sure how well that would work here.

Also another suggestion for when people start complaining about Gilgamesh still being to weak for canon (it will probably happen), we could add a Serious Gil-sama card. Use the bare chest Gilgamesh from Hollow Ataraxia or something.
    Last edited by terraablaze; July 16th, 2011 at 10:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    You are telling me that precognition and the peak of human abilities does not allow you to wreck a dead apostles day? I mean surely, they won't slaughter DAAs left and right and they aren't even more than a speck of dust against a TA but i think they have good chances against DAs.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Still in the end it is your choice, if you want to boost her attack but keep her balanced you could give her abysmal defense and force her into defense position every time she attacks since she can't really respond to a direct melee assault.
    But then her owner would just refrain from actually using her to attack at all, and would keep her around just to use her effect.

I thought you could only use the effect once, like a flip effect. My ignorance of the practicalities of the game show I guess. You could also force her into defense position when she uses the effect as well I suppose.

@13uster
    He really really doesn't have precognition. Certainly nothing at Ryougi's or Saber's level. Technically the term is instinct anyway. And being able to sense hostile intent is something any fighter worth their salt gets. More importantly how will they actually damage them? They don't have Black Keys or anything.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I thought you could only use the effect once, like a flip effect. My ignorance of the practicalities of the game show I guess. You could also force her into defense position when she uses the effect as well I suppose.
    No, you can only use it once, but why would someone bother to use her to attack before they wanted to use it?

True, you're probably not going to bother summoning her at all in that case, but it does at least give you that option. And, then, in addition you get a free attack after using her ability, or you can leave her there to just tank any enemy attack and, thus, make it hard for them to get back into the game.

Blog Entries

And for the joke card. 4th wall breaking metaverse fandom stuff joke cards are the ones I hate. Jokes made in game are totally ok. Arc and Hisui wants to switch uniforms? How cute! Ciel has an abnormal love for curry? Sure. Gilgamesh makes a wisecrack? Why can't servants be funny. It's when you start bringing in Dead-End stuff like Neko Arc that you start running into problems. I mean why Neko Arc and not Ciel Sensei, and why not Mecha Hisui too? And is a CAT FINE TOO? I mean it starts to get really stupid.
    At first I didn't even read the post, I just saw Neko Arc and A CAT IS FINE TOO in caps. I opened Google Chrome in a hurry and found nothing of that.

Then I read the rest of the post.

;_;
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

<@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos

後継者 Successor
    Because that's what they do, hunt demon hybrids?
    I mean we can't base the archetype on killing demons because that would make it rock paper scissors, only that you are permanently stuck with scissors and everyone uses rock until someone is too stupid and picks paper.
    And demon hunters are pretty effective against Dead Apostles and normal humans too as seen by Tsukihime
    Sorry miscommunication. Didn't mean why call them demon hunters but why is it that demons hunters gain the 'buff for every kill' strategy? Someone like Nero/Gilgamesh/Kotomine might be more suitable.

Fixed that for you, pretty sure that most of the Demon hunting Association except freaks like Fujino would have no way of dealing with vampires considering all it took to undermine their way of doing things and create new branches were hybrids.

@Karou
    Fujino wrecks an entire expansion bridge for cars. I know the movie makes it look really slow and boring but I am pretty sure it happened quite faster in the novel. But still even if it did take a half a minute or a minute or so that is like a anti-fortress level attack right there, I don't think her attack really allows defense in terms of structural integrity to be honest. And then she is clairvoyant and her attack hits you at the speed of sight, with her developing clairvoyance there really shouldn't be any to dodge out of the way like Ryougi sort of did at the beginning and Tohno does with Akiha since clairvoyance ignores obstructions and distractions to vision.

OK I hope someone with a lot of knowledge can give us a well thought out alternative to the current fujino. That being said I'm not sure wrecking a bridge translates into high ATK. It's a lot joules sure, but that's not the same thing as ATK, which measures combat ability I think, rather than pure strength.

Also another suggestion for when people start complaining about Gilgamesh still being to weak for canon (it will probably happen), we could add a Serious Gil-sama card. Use the bare chest Gilgamesh from Hollow Ataraxia or something.
    oh we're doing that.