Page 13 of 263 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Nasuverse Card Game!

Although I would like to implement a monetary system for the cards first.

Something like a certain amount of credits after each match, and you can either spend that credits on 'packs' or specific individual cards?

So you don't have to keep grinding looking for those rare drops, you can just grind until you have enough credits!
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

後継者 Successor
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Prana
    Sounds really good. I really like it. I hope it's not too complicated and confusing / hard to learn.

On specifics, I think having the prana store up would make getting prana too easy / too hard. Let's say you have a really powerful effect that costs alot. You built your deck around this effect. Therefore to get this card you can't do anything else the entire game. If you lower the cost of the card then it becomes too powerful if you draw it too early. The only thing that makes sense is for prana to not store up, that way you can feel free to use other cards in the meantime and sacrifice your way to affording the super effect once you've drawn it.

Feels like one of the pitfalls of going too far off the beaten path.

Secondly, I really like the sacrifice mechanic. Yes it's imprecise for valuing cards, but it is an excellent way to manage resources. It encourages players to be aggressive on the field to keep your opponent's resource count low. It also prevents turtling.

It only makes sense that you're able to do this with units. Think about any RTS or strategy game. Good strategy usually revolves around the idea of using your units to disrupt the opponent's economy. Therefore we need a way for units to destroy opponent's mana, if mana is to be such a big part of it.

I also really like that there's no 'land'.

We make Traps and Spell Cards Spells and Rituals.
    Well currently it's Traps and Effects. You're advocating renaming them into Rituals and Spells right? I think it's a good idea. But not necessarily these names, as how is "Tea Time" or "Old Tree" a spell anyhow.

Alterations
    I don't think we should replace Equips with Alterations, I like the idea and they should be another class of effect cards. I think they're different from equips and quite cool, but not necessarily a replacement.

We sort of already do have alterations in development.

http://dulst.com/#!game/4/Nasuverse/244/Consuming Darkness
    http://dulst.com/#!game/4/Nasuverse/160/Dark Sakura - Queen of Chaos

This is sorttaa the same thing.

Also, do we have an official term for "monster" yet?
    OK, the standard term is Unit, but Ally might make more sense in this case.

Get rid of the last digit, it's always 0 anyway and makes the game look less like a Y-G-O ripoff
    Hmm I disagree here, the familiarity is helpful, this is intended to be a YGO for Nasuverse kinda thing.

Edit:
    Other ideas like having Humans give off Mana are pretty cool too... hmmm
    Last edited by KaoruAoiShiho; June 30th, 2011 at 12:58 PM.

Quick question on another topic.

Since I'll probably working on creating cards for the 'knk themed deck', what sort of characters should it contain? (This is also sort of a reference list for me to check back to later)
    Ryougi Shiki
    Touko
    Mikiya
    Azaka
    Fujino
    Kirie
    Lio
    Araya
    Alba
    God Word
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Blog Entries
    Maybe Drug Dealer Lady? Has some kind of effect that lets you see information on cards or something? Needs Void Shiki as well as regular too.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

You forgot Yumizuka or whatever his name was

and the school sempai girl Ouji
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Maybe an "Awaken Origin" Spell card. It could be an equip that either gives a special effect or boosts stats.
    Also you forgot Enjo Tomoe: Badass Normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyokushi View Post
    You forgot Yumizuka or whatever his name was

and the school sempai girl Ouji
    Yumizuka is God Word. (Although I think his name was actually Satsuki, so I used God word to avoid confusion? Or is this another Yumizuka?)

*...oh right, I did forget Enjou Tomoe. I'll keep him in mind.

Honk

I was going to bring up the utter lack of Kara no Kyoukai. How are you going to do the power house Araya? Give him otherwise average stats if you don't have the hotel in play with a few nasty special effects? Also what is up with the Touko card we have now? Its special effect makes no sense to me. Also need Ghost Liner familiars and dolls. Especially that Aoko doll that can turn into a spider ans self destruct.

Alba should have roughly Servant level Attack for low level summon with some detrimental special effect that makes him less useful than an actual Servant, with really low (like maybe 600) defense.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KaoruAoiShiho View Post
    Sounds really good. I really like it. I hope it's not too complicated and confusing / hard to learn.
    A quick tutorial is enough, trust me. I mean the mana mechanic of magic is much more compelx than this, and it takes 5 minutes tops to teach that.
    On specifics, I think having the prana store up would make getting prana too easy / too hard. Let's say you have a really powerful effect that costs alot. You built your deck around this effect. Therefore to get this card you can't do anything else the entire game. If you lower the cost of the card then it becomes too powerful if you draw it too early. The only thing that makes sense is for prana to not store up, that way you can feel free to use other cards in the meantime and sacrifice your way to affording the super effect once you've drawn it.
    Hmm. Look at Elements, it alsoo has a "store up" mechanic and is still balanced. Besides, I intended it that way that you basically stop generating more prana at one point, since you do suffer disadvantages when you try to generate more, thus adding one additional tactical element of resource management.
    Feels like one of the pitfalls of going too far off the beaten path.
    Don't we want to do that? I mean, I am fine with playing a Y-G-O clone with minor alterations and I think everyone here would be too, but it would be even more exciting to make the whole thing stand on it's own, with it's own set of mechanics.
    Secondly, I really like the sacrifice mechanic. Yes it's imprecise for valuing cards, but it is an excellent way to manage resources. It encourages players to be aggressive on the field to keep your opponent's resource count low. It also prevents turtling.

It only makes sense that you're able to do this with units. Think about any RTS or strategy game. Good strategy usually revolves around the idea of using your units to disrupt the opponent's economy. Therefore we need a way for units to destroy opponent's mana, if mana is to be such a big part of it.
    The problem with the sacrificing mechanic is that it lets one player overwhelm the other one rather easily. As a defending player you basically have to hope for a lucky draw. That makes the game dynamic, yes, but it also makes the balancing pretty hard. While it prevents turtling (to some extent, I mean Y-G-O proplay sees a lot of stalling tactics, for example FINAL decks and Yata-Garasu Lockdown) it encourages curbstomping.
    I also really like that there's no 'land'.
    Heh, thank you. It's one of the things beginners hate about magic, because everyone tells them "stay at 60 cards, 24 Lands and don't put all that useless stuff in there"

Well currently it's Traps and Effects. You're advocating renaming them into Rituals and Spells right? I think it's a good idea. But not necessarily these names, as how is "Tea Time" or "Old Tree" a spell anyhow.
    Yeah, that is kind of a problem, either we stretch the interpretation a little, rename the cards, or scratch that idea.
    I am just in favor of renaming "Traps", because it kind of feels strange. Besides, somebody will eventually make an Astolfo card, and then it gets confusing

I don't think we should replace Equips with Alterations, I like the idea and they should be another class of effect cards. I think they're different from equips and quite cool, but not necessarily a replacement.

We sort of already do have alterations in development.

http://dulst.com/#!game/4/Nasuverse/244/Consuming Darkness
    http://dulst.com/#!game/4/Nasuverse/160/Dark Sakura - Queen of Chaos

This is sorttaa the same thing.
    I used the alteration mechanic so that "saving up" becomes a strategic option before playing a unit. But equip cards are fine too. To be honest, I just wanted something loldifferent from MTG and YGO, and add a strategic element.

OK, the standard term is Unit, but Ally might make more sense in this case.
    Keep it Unit. I am stupid.

Hmm I disagree here, the familiarity is helpful, this is intended to be a YGO for Nasuverse kinda thing.
    Like I said before. I think you should evolve it into something different from YGO. Because if people want to play YGO online they can. Not strictly legal but you get what I mean.

terra, you should see the Void Shiki card I worked on yesterday.

It's all sorts of awesome.

Heh, thank you. It's one of the things beginners hate about magic, because everyone tells them "stay at 60 cards, 24 Lands and don't put all that useless stuff in there"
    Random thing that appeared in my browser as soon as it finished posting, but wasn't it generally 'around 1/3'? Like 21-24 is generally a good estimate.
    /nitpick

Honk

Blog Entries
    WANT
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Maybe an "Awaken Origin" Spell card. It could be an equip that either gives a special effect or boosts stats.
    I was thinking about that too

an Awaken Origin can turn normal Lio into Origin Lio and Ryougi into Void Ryougi
    Code:

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post

Where do I see it? Or is it not up for viewing yet?
    Also see my edit for possible Alba suggestions.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post

Random thing that appeared in my browser as soon as it finished posting, but wasn't it generally 'around 1/3'? Like 21-24 is generally a good estimate.
    /nitpick
    Beginners generally put too expensive cards in there without mana boosting mechanics. So I mostly tell them to go for 24.

Also, I think demon hunter class cards should get an attack boost against demons and vampires
    Code:

Well, experience is the greatest teacher. When I first started, after getting mana screwed for two or three games, I started adding more mana.

Or rather, I think I took a look at the ratio of one of the premade decks and tried bringing that over.

Honk

You know who we need in here?
    More Zero characters, but more importantly Hero Kotomine.
    You summon him and he gets 9999 ATK for FACE MELTING SHENANIGANS and then dies the next turn (oh wait I seem to be confusing him with a Kotomine near death, I don't know it should be something pretty crazy that lasts for only one turn with maybe some burn-out).

Hmm, I think 2 Kotomine cards, maybe 'Kotomine, Grail War Mediator' (FSN) and 'Kotomine, Executor' (Zero).

Honk

後継者 Successor
    You can share links to unreleased cards just by posting their url. Anyone can view them really.

I3buster what do you think about what I said about harassing the opponent's mana?

I'm stuck in a place where I can't really access the website tbh. I can do it when I get home though.

Although part of me wants to not do it, to keep the surprise.

Honk