Page 3 of 263 FirstFirst 1234581353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Nasuverse Card Game!

Blog Entries
    Gauss, are you d/cing or...?

(I randomly got into like 3 games with you because I wasn't watching Chrome. ^^; )
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

<@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos

後継者 Successor
    Quote Originally Posted by food View Post
    You mean I can't pwn you with my Alpha Black Lotus?How dare you?
    Impressed by your cross game knowledge.

1366x768

OK yes at that resolution vertical space will definitely be at a premium. Will put more effort into polishing for that res.

@ruca, even though we're focusing on chrome, we are trying to make things work for firefox as well. Can you describe what the problem with verify password is? Is it that the register dialog is too big or something else. It looks the same as in chrome for me.

For the permanent thing, it'll be in the FAQ tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    It's just because, during registering, it was impossible to see the Verify Password space. But Chrome pretty much fixed that.
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

後継者 Successor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    I'm not sure, I might be. I'll be playing fine, then suddenly my clicks won't be having any effect.
    After today's experience, getting reconnect support and not dropping at small disconnects is now a priority. will also be updating the realtime server to work better with firefox.

There are certain countries that can't connect at all sadly.

Blog Entries
    Right now the only browser that is working is Google Chrome, so if you want to play your gonna need to use it.

後継者 Successor
    New in latest updates:

- Fixed issues with connection instability, people randomly dropping should not happen anymore. However some people are still unable to connect correctly in the first place. A fix for this will be coming in the next few days! If you cannot connect to the chatroom, please check back in a few days.
    - Fixed issues with Apple Safari
    - Fixed certain card specific bugs
    - Fixed issues where people are not given the correctly default deck.
    - Made card images smaller for lower resolutions.

- In addition to the default deck, everyone should have gotten 70 free cards to construct your own deck. The default deck is BAD. You probably want to tweak the deck the first thing you do.

FAQ:

Q: How do I start playing?
    A: First register! Then click on the my cards and decks button. You will be able to tweak your default deck there. When you are ready, click the play a match button. This will match you to another player to start the game.

Q: When can I use trap cards?
    A: You can use trap cards only during your opponent's turn.

Q: Why do cards have low attack?
    A: Games that are old has usually been through a lot of inflation over the course of its lifetime. Players congregate around powerful cards, and demanding ever more power to satisfy their greed. Nasuverse is young. Rather than pure power, look at relative usefulness.

Q: How do I get more cards?
    A: You will get cards by winning games. You get drops / loot after victory. However the game needs to not be super short or else it won't work.

Q: Are some cards more rare than others?
    A: Yes, tremendously so. There are features coming soon that will help you target the cards you want.

Q: Do I get better drops if I beat a higher ranked opponent?
    A: No, not right now.

Q: I found a bug!
    A: Please let us know! Post in this thread, send a PM or leave a feedback through the feedback button.

Q: I can't connect to the chat / I can't see some images!
    A: We're currently in beta and is focusing on making cards and features as opposed to cross browser compatibility. We currently support only Google Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer with Chrome from at this time. Firefox support will be coming in the future.

Q: Why are Archer - Emiya Shirou and Gilgamesh so lame?
    A: There will be stronger versions coming later.

Q: How do I win?
    A: Defeat your opponent by attacking them directly or destroying their monsters. They will take damage. You win if their health points fall to zero or if they expend all the cards in their deck.

Q: What are Invisible Cards?
    A: Invisible cards are effects that are properties of the game rather than a specific card. For example, all vampires are stronger at night! The third magic is more effective in Fuyuki!

Q: Can you define your terms?
    A: Invoke = To place a Unit on the field
    Force Invoke = Any effect that sends an Unit to the board is force invoking that Unit.
    Afterlife = The place where your units and cards goes after their are destroyed or expended.
    Deadpool = A special place that certain effects can send your cards to.

Q: Can I view the cards in my Afterlife?
    A: Feature coming soon...

Q: Is there anything I can do to help?
    A: YES! We're looking for feedback on anything and everything. If you like card games and have ideas, we want to talk to you and have spots open as game designers. Seriously, we want your help. Send me an email or a PM (KaoruAoiShiho on BL / [email protected])

Come and play:
    http://dulst.com/#!game/4/Nasuverse
    Last edited by KaoruAoiShiho; June 28th, 2011 at 12:17 AM.

Out of curiosity, was the a reason you based this on yugioh as opposed to mtg?
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I asked the same question way back when.

EDIT:
    You know, using mana. It would seem to make more sense, with magic and circuits and such.

後継者 Successor
    @food

Sorry must've missed it.

I'm not that familiar with MTG. Why? Do you prefer it?

It has a lot of good ideas I think I want to adopt, for example Mana, if we could find some way to fit it in.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The mana system is a good way to curb over-powered cards.

With the YuGiOh system, since magic and trap cards do not have opportunity costs, cards can easily be br0ken.

Tie spells and traps with mana, you inflict opportunity cost, so people will have to think a LOT harder when dropping them.

後継者 Successor
    Yeah I agree. I wanted to add in more of a mana dynamic from the beginning, because it makes sense. There was no real decision which existing tcg to base things off of, because I, like many other people who are into anime, like things that come from Japan. Was only peripherally aware of MTG's existence.

We're not completely following YGO's ruleset anyway and we see it as a starting point rather than a limiting factor.

I totally want to work mana dynamics into cards. We're going to have a way for people to generate mana. This can be done either with Invisible cards or something else. But I definitely want cards to have a cost dimension to them. There's really nothing stopping us. So we're going to do it.

We really need more people to talk about the design of new cards in specific, excruciating detail with. Let us know.

And regarding what you said in regards to curbing powerful cards, yes I completely agree, you're right.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that one idea we had was having a sort of leader that you could pick and this leader would have their own unique mana pool along with maybe one or two unique special abilities. Of course this is only an idea so right now we still need to find an effective system to help balance the game.

Well, I'd like to borrow the MTG mana and power system.

I think general powers are better as opposed to like 2300-2200.

Eh, if you really want to get nasuversian, maybe something like instead of the 5 color mana, split it into 2, prana and od? (or whatever it's called)
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

I think Kokutou should be a little more useful. Something like, "when this card comes into play, the opponent must reveal a card of their choice"
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

後継者 Successor
    I don't know how MTG works and I don't see the gameplay benefit to having 5 colors of mana. Seems largely aesthetic to me. For us having 2 mana would make sense from a story perspective... but only slightly. Since both prana and od are really the same thing, just comes from different places. I think it would be interesting to have 2 different ways to generate prana though, represented by their story sources, but have it be available to everyone.

I don't know what power system is, is there a link I can see it explained? or can you explain it?

Mana system

Usually you build a deck around 1 or 2 colors of mana, in this game you could have fire, water, wind, earth, and void and, if you want, colorless

Also, Nanaya Kiri Should have an effect that lets him see if a facedown unit is human/servant/demon etc
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

It's basically attack/defense, only it's technically called power/toughness. Power is like the attack, it determines how much damage the creature deals. Toughness is basically the 'hp', or how much damage the creature can take.

Also, side note: The 5 different colors of mana basically represent 5 different ways of gameplay. For example, black mana is really good at killing enemy creatures, green may have some really strong individual creatures, white can amass a an army of weenies for a zergling rush, red can burn/deal direct damage to creatures and players and blue can manipulate the deck through draw cards or countering spells. Well, this is rather an extreme oversimplification, and there's some overlap between the colors, but for the most part, it's pretty distinct.

Anyway, let's see if I can find a link?

http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/New...ic/learntoplay

http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmag...earnToPlay.htm

Here are some stuff from their main site. There's also a pretty useful demo game you can download if you have time that's pretty useful for learning.

Honk

後継者 Successor
    On Mana:
    Gotcha.

On Power system:
    It sounds cool, but too different from yugioh to be able to easily adapt it without redoing all the cards.

We have some cards which uses the 'hp' idea. http://dulst.com/#!game/4/Nasuverse/294/Hrunting

We can totally add more cards which have similar effects. I think having 'ranged' units like archers that do damage to units without expending itself would be both good and fitting. But overall the power system sounds different and interesting rather than superior. Having a good mana system is priority I think.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    One tip I can give you: be aware of the concepts of card advantage, forced combos, non-forced combos, deckbuilding if you include some kind of resource like mana, the three general types of decks in card games etc.

Or this will end up broken pretty fast.

Blog Entries
    Q: How do I get more cards?
    A: You will get cards by winning games. You get drops / loot after victory. However the game needs to not be super short or else it won't work.
    Best. Feature. Ever.

I've been pretty much traumatized in online games where someone asks you to lose and keep doing that for x rounds so they can get x stuff.

Also, description for Miyako says "original little sister", but wasn't Akiha the original one?

Or if we want to get technical, wasn't it Azaka? :P
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete