Page 51 of 263 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 5253

Thread: Nasuverse Card Game!

後継者 Successor
    Here's the Tier System as I envision it:

The points requirements are dynamic and move depending on the playerbase and how many points they have. But here's how I envision it if I were to use the formula I want right now.

Tier 1: New (0-50)
    Tier 2: Veteran (50+)
    Tier 3: Expert (300+)
    Tier 4: A Class (1000+)
    Tier 5: A+ Class (2500+)
    Tier 6: S Class (5000+)
    Tier 7: S+ Class (10000+)

I'll use a formula to equitably sort people into Tiers. The player at 10,000 (or whatever is the highest at the time this rolls out) will be S+ class. I, at 1500, will be A Class. The 2500 player will be A+. Just some examples, And here are the handicaps (they are accumulative, so if you are 3 tiers above you get the handicap of 1+2+3):

If you are 1 Tier above your opponent, you start the game with -2000 HP.
    If you are 2 Tiers above your opponent, one of your cards in your hand returns to your deck at the start of the game.
    If you are 3 Tiers ayo, your opponent starts the game will full visibility of your hand.
    If you are 4 Tiers ayo, at the start of the game your opponent can steal a card from your deck and put it into his deck.
    If you are 5 Tiers ayo, your opponent can steal another card.
    If you are 6 Tiers ayo, your opponent can steal another card.

For a difference of 2 tiers or above, you do not lose points if you lose the game.

Also, if you lose 3 matches in a row, and you will get a choice out of 3 consolation cards.

Also coming up is better match making so that you are matched with players closer to your point level...
    Last edited by KaoruAoiShiho; July 6th, 2011 at 07:26 PM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Please do not make that mandatory. Make a checkbox or something. I am sure while fair play is nice and cool, crippling stronger players will only damage long-term motivation.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Please do not make that mandatory. Make a checkbox or something. I am sure while fair play is nice and cool, crippling stronger players will only damage long-term motivation.
    Well, I'm kind of torn on this.

In the long term, I'd definitely agree that it should be optional, but in the short term, it might be better to make it mandatory (or, at least, to allow one player to force it against the will of the other) just to give the newbs a chance. Otherwise, they'll be stuck with the choice between playing a game they can't win and playing no-one at all.

Blog Entries
    How about: Monetary reward doubled if you check the box?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    I guess that works pretty well. Higher tier players can play the lower tiers if they want and just suffer a handicap. Yeah, it might be an idea to let it be optional but whatever. Also, I imagine it will be good to keep points separate from any form of currency used to buy cards later as then the tier rankings would fluctuate wildly.

If your like 6 tiers higher, do you suffer each level of handicap?

後継者 Successor
    In any competitive game you don't see such a Tier difference playing vs each other. Our problem is that we don't have enough players.

The long term fix is for Tiers to play each other only within their own groups so we don't get these problems. We're having short-term motivation problems as low point players are getting pounded.

Blog Entries
    Kaoru, could you at least leave me a comment when you are going to change the Shikis? I'll make WLen Nanaya in the unreleased section, as well as Kid Shiki and the rest of the gang (and the Shirous, but an admin is free to change those completely if he has a good idea, I just want control over my precious Shikis )

後継者 Successor
    Kaoru, could you at least leave me a comment when you are going to change the Shikis? I'll make WLen Nanaya in the unreleased section, as well as Kid Shiki and the rest of the gang (and the Shirous, but an admin is free to change those completely if he has a good idea, I just want control over my precious Shikis )
    Shiki is totally yours right now.

If you are 4 Tiers ayo, at the start of the game your opponent can steal a card from your deck and put it into his deck.
    If you are 5 Tiers ayo, your opponent can steal another card.
    If you are 6 Tiers ayo, your opponent can steal another card.
    Lol, this is just for that game right?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I just think that if I change the text and the effects don't change in-game... you know what I mean, since they are already released cards.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    How about: Monetary reward doubled if you check the box?
    I don't think that's enough, really, because the likelihood of you winning if you don't is so great that your expected reward is essentially even. It just turns it into a matter of personal preference, and if a newbie gets forced into an unhandicapped game against their will that's going to cause a lot of problems.

Oh, also, there is another possible issue with the tier system. If one person is on 1501 points and the other on 1499 points, then if the boundary is 1500 they will be different tiers even though they're basically the same. If you're going to do it by points, it might be better to base it on the difference between the players, not on the tier they are in.

後継者 Successor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Lol, this is just for that game right?
    Yeah just for one match.

Also I think it should be optional in the sense that if you want to play a lower tier player because they are good/friends/w/e the lower tier player should have the option of turning off the restriction/handicap but otherwise in order to play lower tier players, a higher tier player would have to accept the handicap. If they win in spite of it, maybe give them more points or I dunno, a reward doesn't seem necessary beyond the normal I guess.

後継者 Successor
    Yeah, I just think that if I change the text and the effects don't change in-game... you know what I mean, since they are already released cards.
    Oh make a new card. Just give it the same name. If you intend to use the same image as already exist just make a note which image you want.

Oh, also, there is another possible issue with the tier system. If one person is on 1501 points and the other on 1499 points, then if the boundary is 1500 they will be different tiers even though they're basically the same. If you're going to do it by points, it might be better to base it on the difference between the players, not on the tier they are in.
    Right on, OK.

Eh, I think the handicaps may be a bit too much. Once the person is 2 tiers or above, they're chances of winning drops down exponentially. Tiers are supposed to even out the playing field, not give an overwhelming advantage to one side.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Stealing a card is kind of much. I wouldn't go that far, maybe throwing it in the deadpool instead.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Also I think it should be optional in the sense that if you want to play a lower tier player because they are good/friends/w/e the lower tier player should have the option of turning off the restriction/handicap but otherwise in order to play lower tier players, a higher tier player would have to accept the handicap. If they win in spite of it, maybe give them more points or I dunno, a reward doesn't seem necessary beyond the normal I guess.
    I would agree with this, certainly. If neither player wants to play with the handicap, it should be disabled. And, in the longer term, when we have enough players that anyone who wants a handicapped game will be able to find one, I would say that it probably should require both players to consent to play the game with a handicap (although, of course, you would not pair someone who does not want a handicap with someone who does). However, right now there just aren't enough players to do that.

Stealing a card is kind of much. I wouldn't go that far, maybe throwing it in the deadpool instead.
    Not really. If you're that high-tier, you probably have about half your deck of cards they simply don't have, so I don't see why they shouldn't be able to steal a few of those, to level the playing field a little. Certainly, if there is anything objectionable in that it's the idea of them removing the card from you (thereby potentially destroying your strategy if it revolves around one or two cards which you can usually summon at some point), not of them obtaining it for theirselves.

It does depend on what the differences in tier actually are. IMO at the moment no-one should be more than 3-4 tiers below even the top player (i.e. you). And, as the differences get greater, those limits will actually be necessary.
    Last edited by Mike1984; July 6th, 2011 at 07:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ok, I'll use placeholder images for that.
    Anybody knows at what point in which route the Shiki as a kid sprite comes up? That was just a really small timeframe, like 4 pages or so, so I don't want to ctrhold though all 5 routes again...
    Or if someone has it it would be very nice.

In Brazil, everybody's hands are burning red.
    that grail is bugged... it takes 300 life points EVEN WITHOUT a human.

後継者 Successor
    Ok, I'll use placeholder images for that.
    Anybody knows at what point in which route the Shiki as a kid sprite comes up? That was just a really small timeframe, like 4 pages or so, so I don't want to ctrhold though all 5 routes again...
    Or if someone has it it would be very nice.
    I have it, and will put it up.NP.