Page 8 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3678910131858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Nasuverse Card Game!

後継者 Successor
    This might sound tripe but please try Google Chrome. Firefox has all sorts of funkiness, the card counts doesn't actually count the cards you have in the database, it counts the movements of cards in the interface, and that could be incorrect if the browser refreshes too slow.

http://www.konami.jp/topics/2009/0807/index-e.html

Also if you find something bad happening (outside of a match) refreshing usually helps. Lastly many many people reports Firefox not working when playing an actual match.

Sorry, better support for browsers other than Chrome/Safari will be forthcoming.

Edit: Actually in regards to largest, it seems debatable.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...game/75891.htm
    http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/...game/69956.htm

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KaoruAoiShiho View Post
    OK everyone try to answer these questions, some are Aye/Nay/Middle, some require answers:

1. All effects, even ones that really have nothing to do with Prana in the story, should require Prana to use.
    Middle/Nay, because making sense in Nasuverse is at least a little important to me.
    Aye. Sacrificing something to create something stronger isn't really rooted in Nasuverse rules either
    2. We ditch the sacrifice system entirely.
    Aye-Middle. While I3uster, you are very convincing, YGO is the most popular card game in the world, and I don't think it's as broken as you think it is. Even though it lacks fine value tuning, its simplicity may be part of its appeal. This essentially turns YGO into MTG, which is lol. Lastly again, I don't think all cards need to be good. I see this more as an RPG rather than a fighting game like Melty Blood, where every character needs to be 'balanced'. You can start out with crappy pokemon and slowly work your way up to better stuff, you don't need every card to be viable at tournament play. This is an important point and might be the source of some miscommunication.
    It is not broken, but don't you think it creates a much larger pool of useless cards than the other system? We only have so much freedom before we go into OCs. So I say
    3. We allow players to sacrifice cards on the board to get back their Prana value, as proposed by Gauss.
    Middle. Added complexity both in creating this feature and in the game. I don't think any game has this feature currently and it'll be hard to understand. But this could be very useful feature.
    Middle. I think that could be broken depending on how we are making prana obtainable.
    4. How do players get Prana?
    Fuyuki place cards should definitely generate prana. Every turn each player gets some free Prana? I don't know if this is sufficient.
    Let's brainstorm on this one. A constant, small amount should be gained because of story reasons. But then it gets difficult. Do we want dedicated prana cards like in MTG, or do we want to be able to use regular cards as prana sources like for instance in the WOW-TCG or Duel Masters? Also, is Prana emptied at the end of turn or can you "save it up" like in Elements (free online TCG, check it out)?

/off to install google chrome
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I personally think YGO is more played. It's a lot more acessible. But MTG probably has the bigger tournament scene.

Actually, from what I can tell looking at the world records, it looked like as of 2011, more yugioh packs have been bought, but more people are playing MTG.
    # of people playing vs # of cards actually sold, sort of deal.
    <Satehi> I, satehi, thought of tentacles first for entirely inappropriate, disgusting, lewd and perverted reasons

Honk

後継者 Successor
    @game popularity
    It could just be that YGO releases new cards faster or something.

Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Maybe you can earn cards by achieving certain things? Like, winning a battle without attacking with a monster (provided that its possible), or winning in a single turn, or using a six card combo.

Has trading been suggested yet?
    Fantastic ideas about the 'achievements'. Will try to implement that some way haha. And trading, yes of course. Necessary features both.

I had the same problem on google chrome.

Added cards, until counter said 40.
    tried starting a game, said not enough cards.
    refreshed, counter dropped down to 32.
    Removed all the cards in deck, counter dropped to -8.
    ?

Honk

後継者 Successor
    OK, the counter is indeed incorrect.

This will be fixed during the next maintenance window. I apologize, just try to get the counter to say 40.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Don't think Childhood Happiness works right. Card doesn't go back to deck nor does its effect work.

後継者 Successor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Don't think Childhood Happiness works right. Card doesn't go back to deck nor does its effect work.
    Thank you, this will also be fixed in the next maintenance window.

Blog Entries
    Btw, something random: For some reason, Tokiomi's effect doesn't appear when on the board, for some reason. Only his description. And he's the only card that has this.
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

<@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    I think that is right and happened to me, let me check next game.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, I think Sakura needs to be somewhat more powerful, because looking at the cards as they are right now she looks almost unusuably weak, and she doesn't even have an effect, either.

Blog Entries
    It's FS/N Sakura, not the HA one with magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Lol, having Kohaku kill Hisui essentially for the win

Honk

Blog Entries
    I just had a short match, and, quite honestly it was super buggy.

For one, my name was registered as Anon for my opponent, and I saw my opponent's name as my own username.

And apparently he was battling someone other than me, since he said it was my turn and that I was even summoning Iskander, when it was still his turn and I didn't even have Iskander on my hand. O_o;

I'm going to guess it has to do with the real time server's update...?
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Rowanism's Avatar
    Jinan Tokie is broken. After sacrificing 2 hand cards, no SHIKI appears. Even if it's in the deck. Also, right after it didn't work, This:
    http://i56.tinypic.com/2lc1vlv.png

I was playing someone else after that, and the game itself screwed up. Pretty much. Opponent had my cards, and I had opponent's cards, and then a new game started, adding more cards to the hand. This was kinda weird.

Oh yeah, I was fighting Ruca_Milda, the post above me.

Blog Entries
    Damn, even the backgrounds we had for the game were different.

Mine was an Akiha BG, and not that one. O_o

And I had none of the cards on that pic except Zabaniya, which, since I didn't get a turn, was in my hand, lol.
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

Does anyone know how to switch the invoke facedown to invoke faceup?

*nvm I think I figured it out

Honk

後継者 Successor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Hmm, I think Sakura needs to be somewhat more powerful, because looking at the cards as they are right now she looks almost unusuably weak, and she doesn't even have an effect, either.
    Sakura has more powerful variants she can turn into. She's a useful card to have for when more cards are released, but maybe not a card you want in your deck right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowanism View Post
    Jinan Tokie is broken. After sacrificing 2 hand cards, no SHIKI appears. Even if it's in the deck. Also, right after it didn't work, This:
    http://i56.tinypic.com/2lc1vlv.png

I was playing someone else after that, and the game itself screwed up. Pretty much. Opponent had my cards, and I had opponent's cards, and then a new game started, adding more cards to the hand. This was kinda weird.

Oh yeah, I was fighting Ruca_Milda, the post above me.
    The idea behind Jinan Tokie is that she was the one who took Shiki's virginity, not SHIKI. 2 different cards.

If you guys had different BGs then you were in different games.

Did you back out or refresh during the time at any chance?

Sorry for the screwup. umm beta?

This is the first time I've heard of this bug and will be trying to reproduce it. Thanks.