Page 1 of 263 12361151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Nasuverse Card Game!

Blog Entries

Nasuverse Card Game!

Introducing:

Nasuverse Card Game - CLICK HERE

Nasuverse card game is a card game based on Yugioh rules with Type-Moon Characters. This game is big, intricate, and supremely fun. It's easy to learn but hard to master.

Casted Tournament Game:

<strong>

FAQ:

Q: If I already know how to play Yugioh do I know how to play this?
    A: Yes. Just hop right in with the starter decks.

Q: How do I get started on playing the game? What are the rules and so forth?
    A: http://dulst.com/nasuverse/wiki/Wiki-Main-Page

Q: Is there anything I can do to help?
    A: YES! We're looking for feedback on anything and everything. If you like card games and have ideas, we want to talk to you and have spots open as game designers. Seriously, we want your help. Pop into the chat and talk.

Q: What are the variations of this game?
    A: Nasuverse has a very strict set of rules and policies on what art are appropriate for cards, how to balance the game, and which parts of the Type-Moon universe to include in the game. This led to the birth of http://dulst.com/gaia Originally a variation on Nasuverse with different rules and policies it has since morphed into a full fledged redesign and cleanup, fixing the problems with Nasuverse while expanding on it. There is also an in-progress, completely new, Type-Moon game based on the hearthstone rules. Look forward to that too.

Come and play:
    http://dulst.com/nasuverse
    http://dulst.com/gaia
    Last edited by Milbunk; January 16th, 2014 at 09:45 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't TM have all those Lycee cards?
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    You could use those cards to but this is more of a make a card up kinda thing.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Counterguardian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I play Heaven's Feel 4: The Burning of Shinto.

Last edited by Counterguardian; May 13th, 2011 at 03:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    Alright then I summon my Caster in attack mode.

uh damn it Saver get them!!

How about this? A bit cheap (reminds me of Orichalcos Shunoros and Aristeros), but the ability is pretty faithful.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't there a card with a similar ability to that actually? Wicked Avatar, I think.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Kinda, but Wicked Avatar increases its points according to the strongest card on the field.

Uh need some trap card here

Blog Entries
    I play Sword Rain I.

[22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

後継者 Successor
    Milbunk and I are working on a hopefully balanced set of cards for Nasuverse.

We have 379 cards right now, but are not done yet. Post if you have any ideas. If you have card game experience and want to help, PM one of us.

For a demo look at the video in the first post.

Idea, make all versions of Shiki (save the CAPS version) only available after you play some card like "the Root" or "mysterious accident" so you can make them overpowered without destroying balance.

Note: I have no experience with balancing card games.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's really intuitive when it comes to balance card games.

If you can trade one card for two of your opponent's cards (or more) at any point in the game, it is a "staple".
    If you can trade one card for one of your opponent's, then it is "good".
    Anything less is usually "mediocre" to "bad".

There are also rare cases where a card costs you a limb to use but offers extreme flexibility. Such cards do not follow the above rule, and can be "staples", because sometimes you just have to get rid of your opponent's backbone card. Proper use of these cards is what separates the leet from the n00bz.

Just follow these rules, and you will have a balanced game. Of course, you need to play test after theory-crafting.

EDIT:

Try to keep "bad and mediocre" cards to a minimum, and make more cards "one-for-one". Try to minimise "one-for-two" staple cards that takes no brain to use.
    Last edited by food; May 22nd, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

後継者 Successor
    Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Idea, make all versions of Shiki (save the CAPS version) only available after you play some card like "the Root" or "mysterious accident" so you can make them overpowered without destroying balance.

Note: I have no experience with balancing card games.
    Yeah Shiki was over powered in the video. He's been removed from the game for now for redesign.

Our cards don't really start out extremely well balanced. They're collections of ideas, for what effects we want cards to have, and what kind of relationships make sense from a story perspective. We wanted to make cards that fit within the nasuverse world.

Then we play the game and talk about balance. We make them less or more powerful, more complicated and more interactive. fun

New video in a day or 2.

We've been going over our cards and thinking about them deeply, and testing them.

Now up to 387 cards.

Blog Entries
    Here's a new video showing some of the new things and smoother gameplay for a more enjoyable experience. It will also be on the front page of this thread.

A few things that have been done include:

Different backgrounds, fancier buttons, and almost perfectly working cards and effects.
    The cards in the deck that we are using have been tested many times.

We are now up to about 438 cards.

後継者 Successor
    That was a really hard game for me. It was probably a mistake wasting the Childhood - Sold Off so early. I needed that in order to combat your even stronger cards. Was over aggressive, I wanted to get board control so I could set the tempo. But in the end ended up wasting too much of my hand while you still had a lot of cards.

I also made a pretty bad mistake back there by counting wrong and mistaking when your Assassin would die. Whoops. Towards the end I got kinda panicky and started spamming Len's effect hoping to get more cards. There were only 2 reasonable ways to get rid of your Elesia once it was out.

1. Use Condemned, which is awesome. I had to hold the defense long enough though.

2. Draw Classroom, which might've been able to stack up enough students to kill Elesia with some ATK buffs or debuffs.

Could also potentially use friendly servants (a trap card that invokes Kohaku and Hisui), and use them as sacrifices for a stronger card. Never happened though. I ended up using From the Flames (get unit back from afterlife) WAAYYY too late. It ended up doing nothing at all. If I used it earlier I could've been more aggressive with it and killed a few of your weaker units, and hence preventing you from bringing out Elesia and assassin.

Anyway, this is the first of a best of 3 with both of us using the same (default) deck. These are probably going to be the only videos where we're using the same deck (default deck). The next videos after these will be with our own decks. Such as my demon / demon hunter deck with Inversion Impulse.

If anyone here likes this stuff and want to play with us (or help us make cards), go to my profile and leave me a message on my wall or post in this thread.

Edit Game 2:
    Last edited by KaoruAoiShiho; May 27th, 2011 at 08:58 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Rowanism's Avatar
    I'm very interested in this game actually. Looks like dat Magic: The Gathering PC game back then, only better. You know. What we played because we were too poor to play with actual cards.

And I'm too much of a Nasuist to not be at least interested.

後継者 Successor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowanism View Post
    I'm very interested in this game actually. Looks like dat Magic: The Gathering PC game back then, only better. You know. What we played because we were too poor to play with actual cards.

And I'm too much of a Nasuist to not be at least interested.
    Hey I sent you a PM.

Also thanks to everyone who's PMed me.

We'll have more videos soon.

Talking

KaoruAoiShiho i really have nice game with you...it need me 3 try to beat you
    actually it do same as yugioh for me n the card a is balance ,u need to understand the effect of each card to master it easy to say...you batter try it...
    p.s:sorry my english suck
    Last edited by harithnoark; June 3rd, 2011 at 12:53 PM.