Page 1 of 26 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: DanMachi - Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

DanMachi - Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

A long LN name
    Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka
    . Anyways, I've been reading it since early last year; it's pretty popular right now in Japan. There's also a side story novel called Sword Oratoria that focuses on another group of characters.

There's a manga; you should try it. I think it's a good adaption.
    http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/dungeo...darou-ka-r9803

Sword Oratoria has a manga adaption too.
    http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/dungeo...ratoria-r12581

Looks like it's worth a try.
    -Insert witty signature here-

JP Friend Code
    Oh yeah I've read Volume 1 of the light novels, it was nice. I think translations are done up to volume 3?

Though as amusing as it is, it's not really the best motivation to go to a monster filled dungeon for that specific "event flag".

*looks at the manga screenie* WatDaFundge is up with his stats? Is the effect of that skill really that game breakingly good?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    *looks at the manga screenie* WatDaFundge is up with his stats? Is the effect of that skill really that game breakingly good?
    Yes.
    Spoiler:
    They don't call him "The Fastest Rabbit" for nothing.

However, the scales are reversed: everything starts at I (like his magic, which is actually I0) and improves toward A.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah, I really like this series; I'm waiting on the V4 translations.

Aisu best grill, sorry Hestia. You're wonderful, but kuudere moe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    This is fun. Looking forward to more.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, the manga is based off of an LN? That would explain some of the way things were presented. Cool, I've been looking for something to read but been too lazy to invest in a novel style when I can just random a comic.

Oh yeah I've read Volume 1 of the light novels, it was nice. I think translations are done up to volume 3?

Though as amusing as it is, it's not really the best motivation to go to a monster filled dungeon for that specific "event flag".

Just a bit of clarification, stats and levels go up independently. When an adventurer fights in the dungeon and gains exp, he then gets an update in stats. For example he gets beat up a lot, so his END goes up. However he doesn't LEVEL up. A level one adventurer can have up to 999 in each stat etc. When he/she finally levels up, the stats are rest downwards I believe, like back down to 1 or so, but the adventurer keeps his previous level 1 stats too. It's kind of like a promotion in Fire Emblem. Because of this the gap between a level 1 adventurer and a level 2 adventurer is actually a REALLY BIG DEAL.

Bell is still HAX though, his cheating growth skill makes his stats rise at ludicrous speed.
    Go check out some awesome fan fiction!
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/forumdisplay.php/5-Fanfics
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../FateStayNight
    Because the remaining ten percent is worth dieing for.

Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier, Magi locked in a deadly battle royal. Sounds familiar right? Familiar and AWESOME.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...eo-Walkthrough

Blog Entries
    I wonder if I should buy myself a copy when YP releases it...

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Very interesting so far, glad I looked into it and thanks to you Pai!
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    thanks pai, this looks pretty entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm already reading a grinding story so you're going to need to sell this to me from a different perspective.

Blog Entries
    Best I can tell the plot is mostly about tits.

Blog Entries
    And boobs.

Why do you think Pai

Ridiculously game breaking.

Spoiler:

Not only does his stats all jumped to S class - except for Magic, roughly A class and Agility, SS class - in less than one month. Also, remember that Minotaur he ran away from in the first chapter/volume? By Vol 3, one month after that, he and an upgraded Minotaur dukes it out in one awesome duel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    However, the scales are reversed: everything starts at I (like his magic, which is actually I0) and improves toward A.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameStrike View Post
    Just a bit of clarification, stats and levels go up independently. When an adventurer fights in the dungeon and gains exp, he then gets an update in stats. For example he gets beat up a lot, so his END goes up. However he doesn't LEVEL up. A level one adventurer can have up to 999 in each stat etc. When he/she finally levels up, the stats are rest downwards I believe, like back down to 1 or so, but the adventurer keeps his previous level 1 stats too. It's kind of like a promotion in Fire Emblem. Because of this the gap between a level 1 adventurer and a level 2 adventurer is actually a REALLY BIG DEAL.

Bell is still HAX though, his cheating growth skill makes his stats rise at ludicrous speed.
    Spoiler:

Actually, 999 isn't the max number to have in a stat, meaning that one could actually go beyond S. Even before the fight with the Minotaur in Vol 3, Bell's Agility stat is already over 1000, firmly in the SS rank. A group of Loki's familia watching was surprised. The elf lady in that group - usually calm and collected - can't help but laugh at that.

Also, I'm interested in Aisu and Ryuu - the elf maid in the restaurant. Sorry Hestia, but boob loli just isn't the thing for me.
    Underneath the Stars

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

What?! But Boobies Loli is like a miracle of dreams! Afadsfadsf I guess it got squashed by Kuudere power.

About the stats though, I think Bell might have been the first one to get them that high thanks to his skill.
    Go check out some awesome fan fiction!
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/forumdisplay.php/5-Fanfics
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../FateStayNight
    Because the remaining ten percent is worth dieing for.

Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier, Magi locked in a deadly battle royal. Sounds familiar right? Familiar and AWESOME.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...eo-Walkthrough

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameStrike View Post
    About the stats though, I think Bell might have been the first one to get them that high thanks to his skill.
    I understood how stats work, that's why I was rather surprised to see it in number form, seeing that on a LV1 newbie (I guess I forgot his final stats were actually on the end of the LN's volume 1). Pretty much every starters dream. But...
    Spoiler:

Won't getting his pure maiden heart crushed possibly bring forth like a Negative Status effect then? Like a severe stats drop as long as he's self loathing & depressed or something.

I guess it's possible that various 'mentalities' or 'drive' can bring forth new unknown SKILL's.

I understood how stats work, that's why I was rather surprised to see it in number form, seeing that on a LV1 newbie (I guess I forgot his final stats were actually on the end of the LN's volume 1). Pretty much every starters dream. But...
    Spoiler:

Won't getting his pure maiden heart crushed possibly bring forth like a Negative Status effect then? Like a severe stats drop as long as he's self loathing & depressed or something.

I guess it's possible that various 'mentalities' or 'drive' can bring forth new unknown SKILL's.
    Spoiler:

Well, the skill affect his growth and not his stats so if he get his heart crushed it would result in something like his stats not increasing no matter what he do.
    Underneath the Stars

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I meant to post about it like 2 weeks ago but forgot. This is getting an anime; it's gonna be produced by J.C. Staff.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...v-anime/.80294

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Looks like Kirito's fighting monsters again.

This is pretty great though; I really hope they get to the fight at the end of Volume 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Probably won't watch.