Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Akin to Sin (IC)

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    Hyung Lowe

Ah-ha, okay.

The spear now freed, it became apparent that it was meant to fit in the handle of the key. Slotting it into place, Lowe turned his new-found screwdriver first to the fittings of the picture frame, hoping to pry them loose and check if there really was something else hidden behind, or if this was a decoy.
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries
    Cell #5 with a guy in it. (Thanks, Bloble.)

As expected, the pole slipped. The boy'd be too heavy to take it with me, so I lay him on the shelf with a sad and disgusted expression on my face. After that, I step away carefully from the locker with the key, the pole and the framed photo in my hands. Hopefully, I didn't get hurt from all these shards laying on the floor.

Licking my dried lips, as I reached the table and put the photo on the box, I flip the key in my hand and insert the pole there. A bit of twisting to fix it in place, and a nice signature click shows that everything's ready.

And then, I started screwing the screws away from the photo's frame.
    Last edited by R.Lock; September 26th, 2014 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Forgot.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Erika Andrews
    ??? - Cargo Hold
    Time:
    ??? (Night)

“Finally getting somewhere.” With that simple remark, Erika used her newly found screwdriver on the frame, to remove the picture and inspect it. After doing so, she quickly went towards the metal frame with her cell number, and started to unscrew it too.

Time to get out of dodge.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ??? - Cargo Hold
    Time:
    ??? (Night)

With the help of a right tool, the screws on the back of the frame come off rather easily and without a fuss. One-by-one, the screws are removed, and around the cargo hold one can hear small sounds as they hit the metal floor. After all, almost all of the prisoners had gotten on with the program, and were currently in the process of making themselves the screwdriver, or already using it. After all, it a Phillips head screwdriver could not unscrew Phillips head screws, what was the point in one?

Eventually the unfortunate ones managed to get all the screws out of the picture frame. This meant that the wooden frame opened with a surprising ease, as if it had always been meant to come off and reveal the photo inside. Judging from the composition of the photo they found, it was not some old relic that had been put into new frames; no, the sheen of the photo and the way it felt to one's hand made it clear that it was a somewhat recent creation.

Of course, while the photo itself was not changed in any way from the last time the unfortunate ones had looked at it, there was still something to check. Namely, they had not been able to see the backside of the photo thanks to the frame. Now that it was free, though, it was merely the question of flipping the photo over to see if there was anything there.

And indeed there was. Written with a permanent marker on the back of the photo were the digits:

"1946."

Meanwhile, Erika, in her cell, had also taken it upon herself to unscrew the numbered plate above the entrance. It came off rather easily, revealing the wall behind it. There, with some of black, shiny paint or something similar, the letter "A" had been painted.

New Information!

Photo
    Black-and-white photo of a nuclear explosion, now without a frame. On the back of it, there is a row of four digits written with a permanent marker: "1946."

Blog Entries

Absentmindedly, I fumble with the box, getting the zeroes into 1946 sequence.

Should it really be that obvious...? Or, it's just an appetizer?

Blog Entries
    Erika Andrews
    ??? - Cargo Hold
    Time:
    ??? (Night)

“Alright, then the box first…”

Grabbing the box, that she had mostly left alone for the time being, she input the numbers 1946 on the lock, hoping that would finally open it.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    Hyung Lowe

1946... How apt. Yeah, makes sense.

Moving to the locked box, Lowe moved the tumblers to match the date on the photo's backside, hoping that the third try would be the charm. Hell, if it was, did that mean the barred door's electronic lock's battery was in here?
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries
    "Hopefully this work and it isn't just another puzzle."

Although, if this was the answer and they all had the same combination, it was a bit embarrassing; only one of them needed to do the work.

Reaching for the box, she inputted the code 1-9-4-6.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Cell #3

Quickly catching up to everyone else, Kasumi added the spear to the other side of the key handle, turning it into a screwdriver. Then she removed all screws and looked at the back of the picture. There was a number there, 1946, presumably the year the photo had been taken. Naturally, there was more to it, as this four digit number was the closest thing she had to a password for the locked black box.

Without even need to think about it, Kasumi grabbed the 'mini-safe' and sat on the bed with it. Then she pressed the numbers 1-9-4-6 in that order, pretty confident that said number would get the thing open.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    ??? - Cargo Hold
    Time:
    ??? (Night)

"1946."

Around the perimeter of the cargo hold, in various cells, this combination was entered into the combination lock of the small black box. Afterwards, the unfortunate ones twisted the lock to see if this would finally be the right answer... and to their surprise, the lock continued to twist until it came to a sudden halt, accompanied by a rather satisfying click. Then, without fuss or any objections, the combination lock came off, sliding out of the way and unlocking the box itself. Indeed, the secret code had been found, and finally, the contents of the small black box were revealed.

... However, what they found might not have been what they expected.

There was a small, about thumb-sized though wider, chip in the box. It was jet-black in color, but just by looking at it one could tell it was an electrical component of some sort, meant to be inserted into some sort of hole or similar thing. However, it's purpose was not clear from the appearance, as there were no actual markings, numbers or symbols in its. Just the unified inky black color.

Still, the locked box was finally open, and its surprising treasure was up for grabs.

New Information!

Items

Big chip
    A big chip, or an electrical component, meant to be inserted to somewhere... perhaps? It is jet-black in color, and does not have any markings to indicate where it would belong.

Blog Entries

For goddamn's sake. I put the chip into my teeth, trying not to bite too hard on it. Then, I hop on the table to take a look at sign with the number of my cell.

Yep, Phillips screws. Cool.

After screwing away the screws from the sign, I send one glance to the wall and get off the table. Sign on the table, I get to the panel near the door. Seems legit to have it installed to it. But where?

Let's see if it fits the more colorful hole.

Blog Entries
    As far as she could tell, there were only two electrical devices in her...'room'; the bracelet around her wrist that she hadn't really paid attention until now, but which seemed to emit a small light, and the exit.

Hopeful, she approached the panel on the wall, trying to see if there was any place for the chip there.

If she could get out first, that would be wonderful.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Cell #3

A chip... First thing that crossed Kanami's mind was that it could possibly be the means to power up the control panel by the door. It was not like she had any knowledge besides the basic on how machines like those worked. If you told her a chip would be enough to power up a system, she'd believe it without asking a second time. But, before heading towards the control panel to check it out, Kanami decided to examine the pieces she had one more time to make sure that there wasn't something she had missed.

She glanced one more time at the photo to see if there was something else of note, be it on one side or in the other. Once done, she placed it on the bed and did the same with the other items she had, until she reached the statue. So far it had been pretty useless, besides as a disguise to hide part of the screwdriver, and then again it had been fairly easy to tell that the 'polearm' did not belong. Kanami examined it from all angles now, to see if there were any places where she could insert the chip (and if so, she would).

Provided all her attempts would prove to be futile, Kanami would close the empty box once more and use it as a support to reach the metal plate and repeat the same process she did with the screws on the the picture frame with those that kept the plate attached to the wall.
    Last edited by hero; September 26th, 2014 at 04:16 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    ??? - Cargo Hold
    Time:
    ??? (Night)

After unscrewing the screws that held the plate above the entrance, Mark was able to pry the thing away and reveal the wall behind it. There, on black, inky sort of paint, somebody had painted the letter "D", as if it had been some sort of grade or a classification. Whatever the purpose, the paint had long-since dried, and it would not be coming off anymore.

Having done that, the young man started approaching the panel next to the cell door that separated him, and indeed everyone, from the freedom. At the same time, in cell #10, Aya was doing exactly the same thing, trying to see if the chip they had found would fit anywhere in the strange electronic panel that seemed to stand in for a lock.

It soon became apparent that if there was one part where the chip would fit, it would be the large blue hole at the bottom of the panel. Unknowingly of each other, both Mark and Aya tried this same slot at the almost exactly same time, inserting the big black chip into it. To their surprise, it slid in almost perfectly, leaving no wasted between the chip and the hole. There was a part, though, where the chip seemed to encounter some sort of resistance, but eventually it slid fully in, taking its place in the panel.

A second passed.

Two.

Three...

... And suddenly, the panel came alive.

The small dots lit up blue in the panel, along with a low, almost inaudible hum that seemed to emanate from the panel. At the same time, the strange folds at the top of the panel all rotated around, revealing that on the opposite side of the grey plastic-like surface were pieces that seemed to make some sort of small screen. Well, it would have been wrong to call it a screen in the true sense of the word. It was simply an arrangement of tiny lights that would lit up in specific sequences to relay messages. However, just like those ancient pinball machines that utilized these, it always seemed like a screen for those who looked.

And this screen, after being given power, had a message to those who saw it.

"5 IS REQUIRED TO UNLOCK."

And with that, the buttons below the message came alive with soft glow.

As Kanami investigated the items she had gathered, she initially found nothing that had not already been seen by her. However, when it came time to investigate the small statue, she eventually came across something that could only be seen by looking at the thing from a different angle. Namely, there was something written to the bottom plate of the small statue. And while it did not seem to be part of any bigger clue... the carved writing was rather disturbing on its own.

After all, it read:

"This is [you]."

Afterwards, Kanami went to unscrew the numbered plate from above the entrance of her cell. The letter revealed from within was, as the rest, painted with black paint of some sort, seemingly almost blood-like in its composition and thickness.
    Kanami's letter turned out to be: "B".
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; September 26th, 2014 at 04:21 PM.

Blog Entries

...Oh. Oh. I almost want to pat my own back for giving hints away.

Because of a softly glowing message I almost forgot about the letter I've seen on the wall. "D". What does this mean?

With this question in mind, I inspect the panel. Six buttons, ten numbers.

I've got some free time, why not to spend it? If I'm not wrong, then Com should stand for communications.

I press Com, and then press numbers, trying to get some reaction out of panel.

Blog Entries
    Erika Andrews
    ??? - Cargo Hold
    Time:
    ??? (Night)

Finally obtaining the chip and applying it to the panel, Erika found herself baffled by the enigma presented before her. From where the hell was she supposed to get more numbers? All she had to work with were those that unlocked the box… and the letter A.

“Hrm… I could try this…” mumbling to herself, she started to absentmindedly introduce a sequence of numbers, which read ‘19461’. She doubted it’d be the answer, but there was nothing lost by trying, and in any case it was a good idea to discard the obvious first.

quotes

Blog Entries
    "5 is required..."

Five numbers? The number five? For five people to activate their panels?

Either way, since this seemed to be some sort of crazy adventure game, it would be in her best interest to keep as many puzzle pieces as she could before leaving; something might become important later.

Slipping what she could into her pockets - namely the two photos and the figurine, she looked around the room while holding the screwdriver.

Well, there was that plate. Perhaps it had the code and she was supposed to unscrew it? It seemed strangely redundant, but then she had never really had much interest in this kind of game.

Reaching for the numbered plate, she attempted to unscrew it in order to inspect both sides.
    Last edited by Siriel; September 26th, 2014 at 04:26 PM.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    ??? - Cargo Hold
    Time:
    ??? (Night)

In various cells, various things were tried by the unfortunate ones to see if they could get any reaction out of the lit up panel. However, so far, nothing happened. Not when the numbers were pressed in the sequence Erika tried, nor when Mark pushed the "COM" button and numbers afterwards. Indeed, the buttons above seemed to be even more useless, as upon pressing them, they let out a dull "clack" as if they were inoperable completely, or not connecting with their supposed purpose. Whatever the case, it seemed that the ways tried for now were not the right ones.

However, one point of interest rose when the unfortunate ones tried the number buttons. Whenever a numbered button was pressed, it would light up a little more, becoming brighter than its companions. However, if another numbered button was pressed, then that number became brighter, and the previous one went back to dimmer setting.

Whatever this meant was anyone's guess...

Meanwhile, in Cell #10, Aya unscrewed her numbered plate off the wall. Beyond it she revealed a letter painted black. Her's read: "I".

Blog Entries
    #10, Aya - Cell #10

"Everyone, there's something behind the numbered plates, it might be useful later so you may want to look!"

Not that hers was particularly useful. 10 - I? There wasn't much that she could do with that.

Dejectedly placing the plate on the bed, Aya turned back to the panel that had lit up and began trying out buttons while thinking.
    Last edited by Siriel; September 26th, 2014 at 04:42 PM.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries

...Right, everything seems to work backwards here. What I should do now?

Looking through the bars, I can see that there are at least eight cells, four on each hand. Should be enough space for another one on my right.

After pressing "4" on the panel, I get to the wall on my right and speak. Just loud enough for the person behind the wall, should they not sleep, to hear it.

"Anyone behind this wall?"