Page 31 of 89 FirstFirst ... 21262930313233364181 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Vol. 2 + 3 (no spoilers)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is it possible that only by fame boost Vlad III gained rank up in all 3 physical parameters?

Since DDOTS gices boost equivalent to Mad Enhancement rank A that rank up all parameters, not only physical ones.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

I'd say it's either one of the two, or none at all. Shirou comments about how "absurdly overpowered" Lancer of Black is, so you'd expect his actual stats with all skills and boosts to be higher than what is given to us.
    Speculations though, if you want a proof, no idea.

And yes fame boost does a huge job. His power is 10 in Romania, while it is 6 in the gardens (aka with no fame boost).
    If the mere loss of his fame boost makes him almost half of the Servant he used to be, I'd expect it to be able to at least cause one rank-up in all three parameters.
    Last edited by Sarn; January 10th, 2015 at 04:22 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Is it possible that only by fame boost Vlad III gained rank up in all 3 physical parameters?

Since DDOTS gices boost equivalent to Mad Enhancement rank A that rank up all parameters, not only physical ones.
    That's depends if you believe that CMIV's stats are canon which is an endless debate.
    If CMIV stats canon = only fame boost in there
    If CMIV stats non-canon = who knows.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarn View Post
    I'd say it's either one of the two, or none at all. Shirou comments about how "absurdly overpowered" Lancer of Black is, so you'd expect his actual stats with all skills and boosts to be higher than what is given to us.
    His lowest stat except Luck is B.

In fact Luck aside he has equal or better stats than Gilgamesh when not under Kirei.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    And yes fame boost does a huge job. His power is 10 in Romania, while it is 6 in the gardens (aka with no fame boost).
    If the mere loss of his fame boost makes him almost half of the Servant he used to be, I'd expect it to be able to at least cause one rank-up in all three parameters.
    I was under the impression that 10 includes DDOTS as well. But I guess the numbers still fits, maybe in Babylon 2 was taken from fame boost and 2 from DDOTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    His lowest stat except Luck is B.

In fact Luck aside he has equal or better stats than Gilgamesh when not under Kirei.
    Oh correct. For some reason I still had the CMIV stats in mind.
    Still, for someone who has seen the stats of Achilles, Shirou calling Lancer of Black "absurdly overpowered" seems a bit too much for its current given stats.

I was under the impression that 10 includes DDOTS as well. But I guess the numbers still fits.
    Yes, and DDOTS probably.
    Though the LN makes no reference to it - only to fame. And not benefiting from it should imply he can't use his NP that creates stakes, right? If that's the case, it means he's still under the effect of DDOTS, because he still attacks Karna with spears he creates. Unless I didn't get something, which is possible.
    Last edited by Sarn; January 10th, 2015 at 08:07 PM.

Overall, I'm really confused about whether DDOTS is active or not in his fight in the gardens.
    Maybe the "domain" he marks is not related to the land he's on, and the garden still flies in his domain despite not being in Romania. It is, after all, just above the fortress.

Blog Entries
    Of course Demonic Defender of the State is deactivated.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Of course Demonic Defender of the State is deactivated.
    Wait... then.... Im confused. Wasnt he sprouting stakes from his own body back in the Garden?
    Last edited by castor212; January 10th, 2015 at 04:56 PM.

What I'd like to know. If he has a means of attack without Kaziklu bey, and if that means is creating spears. Every time he attacks he first activates his NP.
    LN seems to hint that no, but I can't be sure.

Blog Entries
    Yes, as opposed to creating stakes everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

What I'd like to know. If he has a means of attack without Kaziklu bey. Every time he attacks he first activates his NP.
    LN seems to hint that no, but I can't be sure.
    Give him a spear and he's probably competent with it.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

Give him a spear and he's probably competent with it.
    So, does this mean within Vlad's body is considered territory formed by DDOTS?

I added "and if that means is creating spears" to make it clear, in between.
    Of course he's competent with a spear. Just wondering if he can still create several, like he does against Karna.

You might be right.
    Last edited by Sarn; January 10th, 2015 at 05:01 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, does this mean within Vlad's body is considered territory formed by DDOTS?
    Actually yes.

Quote Originally Posted by demonic defender stat thing
    カズィクル・ベイ
    極刑王
    」はこのスキルで形成した領土内においてのみ、行使可能な宝具である。
    Kazikli Bey is a Noble Phantasm that can be used only in this skill's formed domain.

I am kinda curious: are there stat sheets for both Berserkers? If yes, do they display the stats bonus granted by mad enhancement in a different color, as for Herk in FSN?
    If that's the case and that there isn't such thing for Vlad, I think it's safe to assume his stats don't take into account DDOTS, considering its effect is equivalent to a mad enhancement (without insanity + NP).

Also, I think it'd be weird to show in his stats sheet statistics that take into account a buff only activated when under the effect of DDOTS, which depends on the location choosen by Vlad.
    In a sense, DDOTS is like a Caster's territory, and the effect of these is obviously not taken into account in their stats. (especially when you see Semiramis' stats... and her actual abilities in the gardens)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I am kinda curious: are there stat sheets for both Berserkers? If yes, do they display the stats bonus granted by mad enhancement in a different color, as for Herk in FSN?
    If that's the case and that there isn't such thing for Vlad, I think it's safe to assume his stats don't take into account DDOTS, considering its effect is equivalent to a mad enhancement (without insanity + NP).

Also, I think it'd be weird to show in his stats sheet statistics that take into account a buff only activated when under the effect of DDOTS, which depends on the location choosen by Vlad.
    In a sense, DDOTS is like a Caster's territory, and the effect of these is obviously not taken into account in their stats. (especially when you see Semiramis' stats... and her actual abilities in the gardens)
    There's stat sheets for everyone. And no one has ever known if ME is accounted for in Berserker sheets. There was a big argument about Lancelot's sheet a while ago. And after Herc they were never coloured. Herc is the outlier in that sense.
    Last edited by You; January 10th, 2015 at 08:25 PM.

Ah damn, TM is not helping there. I wish they had kept that way of representing stats buffs from skills.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Actually yes.

Kazikli Bey is a Noble Phantasm that can be used only in this skill's formed domain.
    Then... doesnt that mean DDOTS is currently active, if only inside Vlad's body? And doesnt that meant Vlad got the bonus stat boost? Or is it that Vlad has to be surrounded​ within DDOTS territory to get the skill boost?

Also, small confirmation, if Vlad's fame boost can be weakened by simply removing him from "Romania", that means all HS got progressively weaker the further they are from their geographical location they are famed, right?
    Last edited by castor212; January 10th, 2015 at 10:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, I think I got it? Being summoned as the patriotic hero in Romania, when he was outside Romania and only known as a vampire, Vlad the hero was actually weakened.

Maybe it's like this: Outside of Romania -> Vlad the hero lose all "hero" fame boost -> famed as a blood sucking vampire outside of Romania -> Vlad did not get any "vampire" fame boost -> as a "hero", the "vampire" (in)famy actually weakens him instead.

At least, that's what I get after rereading that particular section.

Still not sure whether or not the DDOTS within his body gave im boost or not.
    Last edited by castor212; January 10th, 2015 at 10:16 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Then... doesnt that mean DDOTS is currently active, if only inside Vlad's body? And doesnt that meant Vlad got the bonus stat boost? Or is it that Vlad has to be surrounded​ within DDOTS territory to get the fame boost?

Also, small confirmation, if Vlad's fame boost can be weakened by simply removing him from "Romania", that means all HS got progressively weaker the further they are from their geographical location they are famed, right?
    Defender doesn't give a fame boost. It gives a boost because it gives a boost.
    Other than that, yes it should be Defender is on at all times if Vlad's body is included as his territory as it so seems. However there is no reason why he should get a boost, because the whole point of defender is to take leylines and take them as your territory.

For the second one, we're unsure. In Zero Saber's stats didn't change when she moved from Germany to Japan, so the location of summoning is important. However Apo indicates it is currently where you are. As you said with the Vlad example. So it's ??? until more info.