Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 1234581353 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Vol. 2 + 3 (no spoilers)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Thank you very much.

Damn, Mordred's pretty much a Berserker.
    Ahh, Saber. #bestNasuverseFather
    Oh, does Kairi have a compatible situation with Mordred?
    Ahahaha, the tribulations of Servant tourists.
    What a darling mother, ensuring her daughter gets three square meals a day and some hamburger.
    Jackie the Stripper makes her entrance!
    Wow, Jackie blew her identity quickly.
    There's Chiron!
    So Mordred's Prana Burst is only usable when she has the helm off?
    Heh, an annoying honor student.
    Damn, Chiron's arrows punch clean through her armor? Not bad.
    Damn, Chiron's a boss. Pankration too good.
    Doc Ock time.
    Muscle-headed daruma? You need work on your insults Caules, but I like you more and more.

If Saber akenly predicted her next move, it would instantly lead to her own death.
    Mistakenly. (Chapter 2-3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Mistakenly. (Chapter 2-3)
    Thanks for catching that. And I can't believe I made a mistake with "mistakenly". ;P
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

An impeccable translation. Many thanks, Edreamer.

That was truly a glorious update. I did not realize how much I had missed Mordred until I read it.
    Also, "badass" doesn't even begin to describe Shishigou.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Fiore vs Kairi part finally. many thanks to ED.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I gotta admit to really liking this Saber. Like, she says the sort of stuff that Deermud or her daddy ought to but are just too proud to say.

Who should I attack? Please say the punk that just tried to shoot me in the back.

Blog Entries
    Gawain the honor student, lol.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Me, fighting? Perish the thought. Stasis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarn View Post
    Also, "badass" doesn't even begin to describe Shishigou.
    Couldn't have said it better. Reminds me of Kiritsugu, but with additive crazyness and fun. And better Servant. Well, all the more the better!

Also, I have no idea how old Fiore is, but she's one damn hell of a cold killer...

Also, I have no idea how old Fiore is, but she's one damn hell of a cold killer...
    Considering she willingly refuses to cure her legs just to keep her full potential as magus, I'm expecting her to be a very cold person. 100% magus.
    Well, hopefully I'll prove to be wrong.
    Last edited by Sarn; October 6th, 2014 at 05:10 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Considering she willingly refuses to cure her legs just to keep her full potential as magus, I'm expecting her to be a very cold person. 100% magus.
    Well, hopefully I'll prove to be wrong.
    I think you're looking at it the wrong way.

She has lived her entire life with magecraft as a substitute for her legs. She doesn't know what having legs is actually like, so giving up one's Magic Circuits permanently is probably an extremely scary prospect. Her wish to have both her legs and her circuits can easily be seen as "It sounds so amazing, but I can't in good faith give up my entire lifesake for it", which is pretty reasonable to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
    Also, I have no idea how old Fiore is
    Caules is 18 and he's the younger brother, soooooo, 20, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
    but she's one damn hell of a cold killer...
    She literally goes "I can't in good faith take lives for anything other than a cause that might get me my legs back" before she starts the battle. I personally fail to see the "coldness", but I guess it's up to interpretation.
    Last edited by Christemo; October 6th, 2014 at 07:09 PM.

She has lived her entire life with magecraft as a substitute for her legs. She doesn't know what having legs is actually like, so giving up one's Magic Circuits permanently is probably an extremely scary prospect. Her wish to have both her legs and her circuits can easily be seen as "It sounds so amazing, but I can't in good faith give up my entire lifesake for it", which is pretty reasonable to me.
    That's a good point. For one who never had legs, having those cured might just be something more like a "dream" than a "necessity", while it is the opposite for magic circuit and magecraft for her (as opposed to "normal" humans).

But she still feels quite a lot of pain and has to take medicine periodically. So she values magecraft over not only her legs, but also over being released from a constant pain she has to deal with as long as her legs aren't cured. Which is very magus and somehow cold. It is human to try to escape from the pain if you can after all.

Still, you did nuance my view of her.

In any case, the future content will tell us what she's truly made of.
    Last edited by Sarn; October 6th, 2014 at 07:49 PM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I dunno, people do soul-crushing menial work for careers and don't try to escape it. Even better: athletes in games like hockey or rugby or American football injure themselves all the time and keep competing even through plenty of pain, and I don't exactly consider them cold for wanting to compete.

Blog Entries
    I never thought I would like a Saber clone as much as I like Mordred. She and Kairi are going to be my favorite Servant-Master pair in the entire franchise at this rate.

But I've always wanted to see how Mordred and (FSN) Shirou would play off of each other, given how much respect he has for Ms. Daddy and how he's so used to someone with that face being so regal and composed. It would be awkward and painful in the best way for both of them.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But she still feels quite a lot of pain and has to take medicine periodically. So she values magecraft over not only her legs, but also over being released from a constant pain she has to deal with as long as her legs aren't cured. Which is very magus and somehow cold. It is human to try to escape from the pain if you can after all.
    This isn't really any different from Tohsaka who gets periodic attacks and needs to take medicine or Alice who you could say has it even worse.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    I never thought I would like a Saber clone as much as I like Mordred. She and Kairi are going to be my favorite Servant-Master pair in the entire franchise at this rate.

But I've always wanted to see how Mordred and (FSN) Shirou would play off of each other, given how much respect he has for Ms. Daddy and how he's so used to someone with that face being so regal and composed. It would be awkward and painful in the best way for both of them.
    She would kill him ten seconds into a conversation

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    This isn't really any different from Tohsaka who gets periodic attacks and needs to take medicine or Alice who you could say has it even worse.
    Wait, Tohsaka is sick? With what? And yeah, Alice does have it worse, what with being a cyber ghost due to a deadly combination of terminal disease and parental abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post

From what I've seen, this actually ties in pretty well with the Black Faction's theme of "healing": Chiron being summoned, the Sieg scene, Jackie's less than perfect surgical procedures, etc.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    Wait, Tohsaka is sick? With what? And yeah, Alice does have it worse, what with being a cyber ghost due to a deadly combination of terminal disease and parental abuse.
    Tohsaka stuff is in HA. Alice from Mahoyo.

Blog Entries
    To be fair You, should have specified.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    To be fair You, should have specified.
    Yes that was my bad. Going through some Mahoyo scenes yesterday made me completely forget about Extra Alice.

Blog Entries
    To be fair, You. Nobody cares about extra alice.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post

Shirou is not bro enough to tag with Mordred.