Page 4 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2345691454 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Vol. 2 + 3 (no spoilers)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    To be fair, You. Nobody cares about extra alice.
    Then my name must be Nobody.

Blog Entries
    In a perfect world.

Blog Entries
    lemme correct that

pedophiles
    nobody

She and Kairi are going to be my favorite Servant-Master pair in the entire franchise at this rate.
    Already the case for me. Since the golems/homonculi fighting scene in the first volume. I think they have the best synergy as a master-servant pair so far.
    Needless to say that this scene has confirmed my preferences.

This isn't really any different from Tohsaka who gets periodic attacks and needs to take medicine or Alice who you could say has it even worse.
    Unfortunately I do not know about Alice yet (nor do I want to know yet - spoilers allergy), but you are correct.
    So far, the only thing she sacrifices for magecraft is "herself", which doesn't necessarily make her cold. As I said, I only "expect"(ed- now not so sure) her to be cold.
    However, having sacrificed so much already, she might go even farther, that's my point. And Caules, or any other human, might suffer the consequences of this - which I definitely do not hope it will happen (especially for Caules, as he's kinda my fav' master of Black). Or it might not happen, which will hopefully be the case.
    Though if You are the one saying it, I probably should be reassured.
    Last edited by Sarn; October 7th, 2014 at 05:42 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarn View Post
    That's a good point. For one who never had legs, having those cured might just be something more like a "dream" than a "necessity", while it is the opposite for magic circuit and magecraft for her (as opposed to "normal" humans).
    I recommend re-reading 3-5 of Volume 1, because it specifically talks about how she knows it's just a luxury and that she doesn't need it and that she thinks it's utterly selfish and shameful of her, but that she still wants it.

Me, fighting? Perish the thought. Stasis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    it specifically talks about how she knows it's just a luxury and that she doesn't need it and that she thinks it's utterly selfish and shameful of her, but that she still wants it.
    I must admit "cold" was not the best adjective I could have used, but my opinion doesn't change. In fact, what you added comformts me in my position.

There are two choices. Does she, in reality, fight to catch back her legs? Then if as you say, it's just merely an extra bonus, the fact that she's so strongly attached to kill her openent is absolutely...troubling.
    Does she fight for the sake of the family? Still frightning, because that means she doesn't fight for herself, meaning she was sort of "brainwashed" to solely follow what she was taught. Typical mage's philosophy.

That's why when I say "cold", I mean...well...more of heartless, or...in a kind of desinterested state.

However, it's true that in all the Grail wars, they were few those who had a wish everyone could fully understand (*cough*saber*cough*).

Still, I think that Fiore is the weirdest (and in parallel the most intersting) master of the Black Faction. Something's really wrong with her. I feel like there's a too strong incompatibility between her backstroy, her will, her personality an her doings.

Or perhaps I'm missing something.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stasis View Post
    Or perhaps I'm missing something.
    I bet you are.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I must admit "cold" was not the best adjective I could have used, but my opinion doesn't change. In fact, what you added comformts me in my position.

There are two choices. Does she, in reality, fight to catch back her legs? Then if as you say, it's just merely an extra bonus, the fact that she's so strongly attached to kill her openent is absolutely...troubling.
    Does she fight for the sake of the family? Still frightning, because that means she doesn't fight for herself, meaning she was sort of "brainwashed" to solely follow what she was taught. Typical mage's philosophy.
    Are you reading things wrong? "strongly attached to killing her opponent". As said, she literally goes "I can only do this because I really really want my legs back".

She clearly doesn't fight for the sake of the family either, because it's mentioned that her primary motivator for fighting besides the chance to get functioning legs is that she's scared shitless of what Darnic might do if she backs out, since she's the clan's hope (for the record, Darnic would, as to any clan member that gets in his way, rob them of their properties, reputation and throw them to the wolves as a heretic. Basically make you a magic hobo that no one wants.).

That's why when I say "cold", I mean...well...more of heartless, or...in a kind of desinterested state.
    Like, if having a strong desire for a wish and the circumstances making that wish comes true might involve endangering people then literally 90% of Fate's cast is, by your definition "heartless".

However, it's true that in all the Grail wars, they were few those who had a wish everyone could fully understand (*cough*saber*cough*).
    Saber's wish is collectively agreed upon by everyone who hears it, including the guy who fetishizes saving people, as 100% stupid. They all understood it, and that's why it was stupid.

Still, I think that Fiore is the weirdest (and in parallel the most intersting) master of the Black Faction. Something's really wrong with her. I feel like there's a too strong incompatibility between her backstroy, her will, her personality an her doings.
    This, if nothing else, is something we can agree upon, though it's a shame that only Gordes, Fiore and Caules have actual character-building and aren't just background probs like the rest.
    Last edited by Christemo; October 7th, 2014 at 07:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Like, if having a strong desire for a wish and the circumstances making that wish comes true might involve endangering people then literally 90% of Fate's cast is, by your definition "heartless".
    There's a bit of a difference between being willing to endanger people for the sake of, say, saving the world, or preventing great evil, and being willing to endanger people just for the sake of fixing your legs...I dare say the latter should seem more heartless (not to mention selfish) than the former two.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Blog Entries
    Saber about to kill Assassin > Nope
    Shishigou about to kill Fiore > Nope

Blog Entries
    pretty sure vol 2 is the adventures of lucky saves

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    There's a bit of a difference between being willing to endanger people for the sake of, say, saving the world, or preventing great evil, and being willing to endanger people just for the sake of fixing your legs...I dare say the latter should seem more heartless (not to mention selfish) than the former two.
    Not entirely. For one, most people identify easier with people that have very human, down-to-earth wishes than with people who fight for ideals or morals or such. I mean, even with a comic book hero, say, Superman, it's easier to understand that he basically fights for his mom and pop and the loving environment he was raised in than by saying he fights for Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

Too, with this wish-granting device insofar as we've seen, it's not like A) there's a clear moral reason to fight like in FSN regarding something about to destroy the world, and B) everybody here is risking their life to win a wish. If the rules are laid out before me saying "You and anyone else have a very clear shot at winning the lottery, but you are in equal parts risking death to do so" and everyone has made that agreement, there's not exactly a high ground for any one of them to stand on. Some fight for glory, some fight for ideals, some fight for personal reasons, and all of them are equally valid. I don't think it's heartless for Fiore to fight and risk it all for herself just like I don't think it's heartless for any given person to want something out of winning the war.

Although I do think it's heartless of Siegfried to save Sieg. *sunglasses*

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    That scene really (•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■) tore at my heartstrings
    Last edited by Christemo; October 8th, 2014 at 02:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daiki View Post
    Saber about to kill Assassin > Nope
    Shishigou about to kill Fiore > Nope
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenieth View Post
    pretty sure vol 2 is the adventures of lucky saves
    It's the universe being confused because a Lancer is still alive.

So far, even 2 are. And a Saber is dead.
    Poor universe must not understand what's happening to it.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    because the Lancer curse has not been activated yet, especially the red one.

Are you reading things wrong?

Wow, wow, no need to be so worked up about it...I understand I seem to be blabbering absolute idiotic depraving nonsense to you, but is it worth such wrath?

Let me explain me once more.

First of all : yes, I do find many (though not 90%) characters of Fate kind of what I would call blind (like Medusa! ok no jokes anymore...) in their way of thinking. But in no case can I critisize it, because for most of them it's totally justified.

Secondly, I must admit I forgot about Darnic's menaces. But I maintain it doesn't explain everything. Does it really seem so normal to you that because you're threatened, when doing what you're told to do, you're in a total machine mode?
    For me, there are several different attitudes you could otherwise adopt. The fact that Fiore does it this way means for me that there is something more. And once again, if it's for the legs, it's not normal. That's why I hope it's for something else.

This, if nothing else, is something we can agree upon
    Er...you overall don't agree with me, but on the epitome, the conclusion of my thinking, you do agree...? I recon I'm astonished.

Some fight for glory, some fight for ideals, some fight for personal reasons, and all of them are equally valid. I
    I could long argue about that, but it's typically the topic no one will ever agree with the other. But personally, I don't think so.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wow, wow, no need to be so worked up about it...I understand I seem to be blabbering absolute idiotic depraving nonsense to you, but is it worth such wrath?
    I didn't sound angry at all in my opinion. Im just stating that by applying such a simplistic look on things, almost every named character is "heartless" in their own way.

Secondly, I must admit I forgot about Darnic's menaces. But I maintain it doesn't explain everything. Does it really seem so normal to you that because you're threatened, when doing what you're told to do, you're in a total machine mode?
    For me, there are several different attitudes you could otherwise adopt. The fact that Fiore does it this way means for me that there is something more. And once again, if it's for the legs, it's not normal. That's why I hope it's for something else.
    “No. But if I declare that first, I wouldn’t be able to resolve myself inside.”

I see, Shishigou thought with a wry smile. To put it another way, since she had warned him—she wouldn’t hesitate to kill him now.

The magic bullet smashed through the animal’s brain, ending its mission. As Fiore was frozen in astonishment, someone hidden behind a nearby building called out.

“Nee-san, don’t just stand there in shock!”

“Ah. R-Right!”

Fiore frantically stood up. Her artificial arms had already regained their flawless ready postures to protect her. She ordered her arms to release strafing fire with bullets of light all at once in order to blow way the car.

I'd just like you to point out the part where she's a "total machine", because to me she seems far more fettered by what she's doing than, say, Shishigou.

Er...you overall don't agree with me, but on the epitome, the conclusion of my thinking, you do agree...? I recon I'm astonished..
    I disagree with your viewpoint on things, but I agree on the fact that Fiore is the most interesting Black Master, besides maybe Caules.

heavenly hell and infernal heaven...Now I have to re-read it entirely to sort out some quotes...oh wait it’s not that long.

"In response to Shishigou’s words, Fiore spoke with a satisfied smile."

"The man smirked, and the girl smiled in turn."

U NO MIRAI NIKKI?
    Well, I've never been deeply involved in a fight, but personnaly I think smiling would really not be the first thing I'd think to do, especially if I know I'm in experience disadvantage.

"With a calm expression you wouldn’t expect to see in the midst of battle, she lightly nodded."

And those last lines :

"But Fiore shook her head and rejected that with a gentle gesture."

"Her behavior was rather splendid, and not even a fragment of her desire to kill him here remained."
    These descriptions sure don’t describe her as a fearless psycho, but it is for me the pace of someone who can make an impressive and surreal distinction between well…you could call it “personal and professional life”. It seems to me too much of a habit of her. Someone who can keep such composure is definitely someone special.

But it is indeed worth wondering why she suddenly, and for such a brief moment of time, lost all her self control. And why she isn’t that much amazed that her brother stands here. Just hoping it doesn’t finish in a typical Japanese bro/sis “officialy-family-love and unofficially-simple-incest-love”

Blog Entries
    Not entirely. For one, most people identify easier with people that have very human, down-to-earth wishes than with people who fight for ideals or morals or such. I mean, even with a comic book hero, say, Superman, it's easier to understand that he basically fights for his mom and pop and the loving environment he was raised in than by saying he fights for Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

Too, with this wish-granting device insofar as we've seen, it's not like A) there's a clear moral reason to fight like in FSN regarding something about to destroy the world, and B) everybody here is risking their life to win a wish. If the rules are laid out before me saying "You and anyone else have a very clear shot at winning the lottery, but you are in equal parts risking death to do so" and everyone has made that agreement, there's not exactly a high ground for any one of them to stand on. Some fight for glory, some fight for ideals, some fight for personal reasons, and all of them are equally valid. I don't think it's heartless for Fiore to fight and risk it all for herself just like I don't think it's heartless for any given person to want something out of winning the war.

If you're willing to kill people just to have your legs fixed, then you're completely mental with no morals imo, unless:
    1. The people you are willing to kill are responsible for your legs being ruined in the first place, or:
    2. The people you are willing to kill are evil scum.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."