Page 8 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3678910131858 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Vol. 2 + 3 (no spoilers)

A rather enjoyable update. I especially appreciated the part where we learn about the reasons why Rulers are summoned.
    Also, I'd really hesitate if I had to say who's the most reckless between Shishigou and Mordred. I look forward to more scenes with them.

Finally,

This productivity is wonderful. Have my babies ED.
    I share the feeling. Great job, EDreamer.

Edit: only 46%? That sure is one hell of a chapter. Are the other chapters still ~18K words (and thus the 2nd LN is bigger than the 1st one)? Or do they get shorter as a consequence?
    Last edited by Sarn; October 13th, 2014 at 02:08 AM.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Well, I don't calculate by word count, but to give you an idea, the first volume was a little over 350 pages, while the second volume is a bit more than 450 pages. (So yeah, they're getting longer.) Also, there's three chapters as opposed to first volume's four, so the division ends up creating some pretty huge chapters. The first chapter was just about 100 pages, but this second chapter is 177 pages and the third chapter is nearly as long as that too, so I have a lot of work to do before I even reach another chapter milestone. I'm trying to keep my updates between around 20 to 40 pages to keep a good pace (on the lower side of that scale when I'm just too busy IRL), though I do intend to translate bigger chunks if I ever get enough free time.
    ~The sage cries out. "Open, Gates of Heaven. Bless us and bestow miracles upon us!"~

Fate/Apocrypha Translation Collaboration Project: My site (NanoDesu Translations) and CanonRap's site (Quality Mistranslations)
    Volume 1 (CanonRap): Complete | Volume 2 (Me): Complete | Volume 3 (CanonRap): Ongoing | Volume 4 (Me): Complete

Fire Girl Translation: NanoDesu Translations
    Volume 1-1: Complete | Volume 1-2: Complete | Volume 2-1: Complete | Volume 2-2: Ongoing

Okay, thanks for all the info.
    100 additional pages is quite the increase. Impressive. (and good news, eheh)
    Considering the 4rth volume was released earlier than usual - in May instead of August - and that they are probably going to release the 5th on usual schedule -December- (if not later, we still got no info about it) I wonder how long it will be!

Blog Entries
    Appreciate the pace but don't go all out and burn out ED.

Blog Entries
    Reika and Jack are so cute and haha Seig you dense.

Goddammit.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    But Jack's design is literally the worst thing of all time.
    First of all, I said body, not outfit. Subtle difference. Secondly, I still disagree with you.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    But Jack's design is literally the worst thing of all time.
    Passionlip has a worse design, except for the claws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

Me, fighting? Perish the thought. Stasis's Avatar
    There's a thing I don't understand at all since a few chapters : that is the goal of Jeanne and Sieg.

What are they planning on? Going straight into the Yggdmillenia castle? That's absolute madness!

Do they think when they'll arrive at the fortress, the clan will be like " oh you want us to open the gates so that we can loose all our prana suplly? How wonderful, come!".
    Sieg knows how the clan is, how important the homunculi are for them. I'm even sure he's more or less aware of what happened to Rider. But I don't understand why he is more thinking on how convincing the others rather than infiltrating the fortress!

Blog Entries
    Did you miss the bit from chapter 1 about jeanne telling him to not recklessly go in without a plan of action?

The guy's still in the process of, but he's not just gonna knock on the door.

Me, fighting? Perish the thought. Stasis's Avatar
    Well in that case he better hurry up because at the end of the day they'll be there and he still hasn't the slightest idea of what do to...

Quote Originally Posted by EDreamer View Post
    Another three parts done.

Chapter 2 (46% Complete):
    Part 7
    Part 8
    Part 9

Personal reaction to this update
    We once more get to see the classic cliche: the kind yet misunderstanding (or maybe not so misunderstanding) old man, the clueless boy, and the embarrassed girl. And yet, for some reason, it never gets old for me. Also, I think the author having a little too much with "obvious foreshadowing" with that last line there.
    Thanks for the update ED your awesome.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, thanks for the update, ED.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    JP Friend Code
    Ruler puffed up her chest proudly. I think this way of talking is referred to as ‘acting like a senpai’, Sieg remembered. But there was something that bothered him more than that.
    Cannot unsee Jeanne as stealth Sakura clone now.

The Volume 3 Prologue.

Quick reminder not to discuss spoilers past the Volume 2 translation in this thread. Discussion of spoilers should go in the General Discussions thread.

If you have suggestions or corrections regarding Volume 3 updates, spoiler them entirely or PM me directly.

Update for Volume 1: as I finish I'll be passing them to Mewarmo, who'll take another look at them. the Prologue can be found here. I'll post to the Volume 1 thread when all parts are finalised.
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah, here we go, so this is how the timelines diverged in the AU. :P

Thanks for the update as always.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hinode View Post
    Cannot unsee Jeanne as stealth Sakura clone now.
    Ah shit why did I read this

And thanks for the update, Canon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CanonRap View Post
    The Volume 3 Prologue.

Quick reminder not to discuss spoilers past the Volume 2 translation in this thread. Discussion of spoilers should go in the General Discussions thread.

If you have suggestions or corrections regarding Volume 3 updates, spoiler them entirely or PM me directly.

Update for Volume 1: as I finish I'll be passing them to Mewarmo, who'll take another look at them. the Prologue can be found here. I'll post to the Volume 1 thread when all parts are finalised.
    Hoard your volume 3 translations until ED is done with volume 2 and then post them all at once; people will flip their shit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Hoard your volume 3 translations until ED is done with volume 2 and then post them all at once; people will flip their shit.
    Yes. I confirm and will definitely flip my shit. Canon do this.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    If we can't talk about the things that happen in it anyway until Volume 2 is done, I'd say just hoard it, Canon, and then release the whole deal when ED is done.