Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clock Tower 2015

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    That's the point. Ain't been there in ages.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Heard there was a PDF of this floating around?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's in Bamboo Broom, but I'll save you the time, here's the link.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Bamboo Broom the blog? You mean we didn't have to pay for it?

Blog Entries
    don't quote me on this

System ∀-99 ∀Gundam BananaShiki's Avatar
    Where is this short story from?

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Fuck imouto, get power.

Blog Entries
    Nasu wrote it to commemorate the closing of the Type Moon mobile site, then later posted it on his blog right above you.

System ∀-99 ∀Gundam BananaShiki's Avatar
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Blackstone View Post
    What if EA was in fact EA. As in Electronic Arts.

Does Gil have to buy DLC for its full power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Fuck imouto, get power.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    Yep.

The kitchen spambots still come back now and again, but we just delete the threads and pseudo-ban them, since for some reason invision boards won't let mods actually ban.
    food should be able to fix permissions to allow you guys to ban

he just hates you
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Blog Entries
    of course he does, duh
    don't quote me on this

will this ever be updated?
    is food alive?
    can I still buy kitchens from his forum?

sorry for bumping, but I just want to know.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    you can still buy kitchens
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死者 Corpse
    ¿will this ever be updated? GG, guys.
    Last edited by EntityEther; February 9th, 2017 at 03:33 PM. Reason: error language

update it urself

This translation was relayed in a séance via ouija board.

Miss Aozaki wore travel clothes.
    A plain t-shirt and worn out jeans. Long black hair that fell freely down her back.
    No makeup to bring out her femininity or a need to overdress.
    And yet what struck one about this extremely charming woman was her cool aura and lovely figure.

A princess who casually went off on an adventure before her coronation.
    That was Leiv's impression when he first saw her.
    It was a thought that had not changed even 10 years after, unaffected by the passage of time.

"...My apologies, that was a childish outburst. Still, what is with those glasses. I understand your sentiment but I don't appreciate you imitating your sister."

"It's just a disguise though? I'm feeling so attacked right now."

"Is that so. Did you think you could pass yourself off with a pair of glasses? As always you fail in self-assessment. Take a cue from your sister's refinement and meticulousness."

"So should I imitate her or not?" Miss Aozaki pouts petulantly. In true sibling fashion, the gesture brought to mind the sister that Leiv had been expecting.

Although the sisters were polar opposites in their characters and ways of life, physically speaking the similarities were many, to the point that if you broke them down to little pieces and reassembled them you would once more end up with the exact same form.

"Regardless, why are you here? You should be aware that I dislike you. Ahh, but I believe that you've run out of travel funds. Lack of foresight would be characteristic of you, after all."

"The matter of pocket money is only incidental. Right, I'm actually surprised as well. When I heard that you're alive at the reception desk I thought, huh, that's not what I've heard."

"...me being alive is not what you've heard?"

"Right. Weren't you dead? I was notified with a letter and all. I was in the area so I dropped by to give my condolences and here you are alive and well."

Ahh, once again Leiv felt dizzy.

Not once venturing outside in however many years as Director had given rise to such rumours. How much more comfortable it would be if he could turn into a labworm, he sighed.

"It's a persistent rumour, nothing to take seriously. Who would send you a letter if I was dead in the first place?"

"Hm. Well, that's true."

Miss Aozaki replied while picking up a chess piece from the desk.

"You seem unconvinced. Fine, then let us check just to be sure. It's possible that I may have died and become a wraith without realising it. There is a mirror over there. Well? Is my figure reflected? See, a wraith's wouldn't but it looks like mine is, no?"

"Ah, so it is. Which is to say, you're obviously in good health. I'm relieved too. Though this turned out to be a huge waste of time."

"Good. I have only ill feelings towards you but I hold your sister in great affection as a colleague. Out of respect for her I will cover your return ticket. Is cash okay?"

"Enough to cover dinner is fine. That aside--are you still going on, decyphering?"

At Miss Aozaki's question, Leiv Uvall felt an unease he could not put into words.

She had shown no interest in his research to begin with.
    Leiv did not acknowledge her methods at all either.
    From their first meeting the two of them could not understand each other.
    And yet why was she asking such a question at this point?

"If I'm not mistaken, your research aimed to measure the past?"

"That is correct. Unlike you, it is decidedly standard archaeology. Locating relics, examining them, and interpreting them in modern terms. Gathering evidence and putting together hypotheses on how things must have been until there is no room for debate. Archaeology is a discipline that accurately reconstructs and brings messages from the past back to life. It's the same with astronomy. When you observe the vastness of space, do you not measure distance using the light from the past?"

"It's actually the opposite. The only way to perceive the present is by observing the light from hundreds of millions of light years away. Because for current technology it's safer to rely on 'something that has existed in the past'."

"Ahh, then that is fine. Humans cannot even grasp the present, let alone the future. The only thing certain is the past. By receiving the records of the past we can ascertain 'why the present is here' and change it. The future is something like the answer column of a test; a blank space waiting for someone to fill it out. Worthless in itself, what matters is only the person who fills it."

Leiv Uvall's life was dedicated to filling that blank space.
    Accurately receiving guidance from the past and disseminating it into this era.
    Reproducing the world of the past and its rules in the present day.
    That was Leiv's research. The unshakeable conviction that he had held since he was born.

"My research continues as always. Recording a past that has definitely existed, what I leave behind is my life. Beyond that―――the future after the 22nd century is unworthy of consideration. After all, that would have nothing to do with me."

"Ah right, I remembered. That was why we got along terribly - me being more future-minded. I'd said something like, whether you skip over hundreds of years at a time in previous human history like you're playing Daruma otoshi[1], the destination is similar."

"That is correct. You inherently look only towards the future. Although you're very popular with neophiliac magi, to me you're nothing short of a plague. I don't even want to imagine wasting my time for the sake of the future."

"It's the difference between making a heap until you end up reaching the sun and building from the ground up in order to reach the sun. That said, the fact that both are barbaric acts doesn't change."

"Is seeking after the truth barbaric?"

"In terms of exposing whatever is not known to you, it is."

She had a point there. A researcher's tenacity isn't because patience is required in their experiments but a result of their own stubborness.
    They never forsake their personal convenience. Their vehemence is like that of a zealot.

"...Hmm. Then I'm discounted as a researcher, as I am different. Delicate, not at all tough, and I can't bear to think about the future. Not even about my own circumstances. I simply cannot live in any other way."

His words spoke of his own shortcomings.
    And yet Leiv was smiling.
    Not in self-deprecation, but complete contentment in his own inhuman way of life.
    She stared dumbfoundedly at such a face as that.

"Or rather, one that's having too much fun. Though you're definitely my exact opposite and I have my doubts about your research direction, seeing such an expression I can't really fault you. I came here in a tizzy because of a strange letter but it seems I shouldn't have worried."

Miss Aozaki returned the chess piece she had been playing with to the desk and made to leave the Director's room.

"How odious. What expression would that be?"

"The one I'm looking at right now. Really, it's because your words and your feelings don't match. From the looks of it you'll be working as long as you live, and you probably won't die until your research is complete."

"I wonder. Well, it may be so. Working as long as I live has a nice ring to it. Therein lies salvation. Yes, if that were to happen then come and leave me flowers someday. Consider it payment for lunch."

Shrugging his shoulders, Leiv walked out side by side with her to the cafeteria, and--

"But if you come again make sure to give your full name. If I had known the younger sister was the visitor, I would have at least treated you to tea."

--he spoke of an improbable future.
    Last edited by Leftovers; December 11th, 2018 at 07:23 AM.

Is this the continuation of food's translation?

US Friend Code
    All hail the ouija board.

In all seriousness thanks Left
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Well thank you for this newly added bit. Is this like halfway through the short story or what?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I'm feeling so attacked right now."
    pfft
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The translation picked up from where it left off. With this 23 out of 52 pages have been covered.

03 Autumn | Suburb of London | Clock Tower Eleventh District

Under the muted midday sunlight, I squinted my eyes as I walked these nostalgic streets.
    I had gone for a casual look with flashy sunglasses and a long wig.
    Having left my coat in the car I felt a little chilly in just a shirt.
    It'd help that in a little while the sunlight would get stronger, but unfortunately my free time did not extend past the morning.

This was my second time visiting Rocks Road College. The mansion where the person I'd be meeting was hadn't changed since last time.
    It was a time of intimate conversations, but that wouldn't be the case now. I would leave the flowers and be done with it.

"It can't be helped that I'm late. Rather, I'm still pretty early considering I'm like a fugitive returning to her prison."

When it was reported that he had died several months ago I was in the middle of shaking off a pursuer from the Clock Tower.
    After confirming that they had lost me I snuck into England by sea, snapped up a Cobra[1] that I ran across, and blazed through the highway to Rocks Road. By the way, I'm very glad that, unlike Japan, there are no tolls here.

The Clock Tower isn't after me because they hate me. On the contrary, I'm being chased because I am too highly regarded.
    Given a special treatment that promised a worry-free life if I stayed, there would be no freedom in being confined to a single place no matter what they said, not that they could be trusted in the first place.
    That was why I became a wanderer, leaving behind my numerous friends in the Clock Tower and only returning to this town many years later.

At any rate, the college atmosphere was very enjoyable.
    The Eleventh District's, Rocks Road's atmosphere in particular.

"If only there were no Lords this place would be pretty liveable, pointless though it is to hope. They're even more stubborn than the vampire knockoff that's been running the Clock Tower for nearly a thousand years. Ah, but wasn't El-Melloi ruined? And I've heard the Mineralogy top brass have changed too."

While the Magic Association was founded in the 2nd century this town is said to have been established in the 12th.
    The ones that offered the land, funded the city's construction and are still bankrolling it are the twelve magi families known as its monarchs. As the ones that manage the safeguarding, concealment, and decline of mystery in the modern era, it would be no exaggeration to call them the rulers of the magical world.

For convenience's sake there exists a Director above them - the founder of the Association - but he stays cooped up at the heart of the Clock Tower and rarely ever shows his face.

The Magic Association is divided in three institutions.
    The Clock Tower here in London, the Sea of Estray in the North Atlantic, and Egypt's Atlas Mountains.
    While equal in scale, many currently consider the Clock Tower to be synonymous with the Magic Association itself.

Regarding magecraft from the Age of Gods as supreme and scorning its Common Era counterpart as child's play, the Sea of Estray is currently engaged in a cold war with the Clock Tower.
    Having no connection with the outside world to begin with, not even light can penetrate into the "living abyss", the Giant's Pit - Atlas Institute.
    To belong in these two means to abandon the current era.

No one sees themselves eagerly becoming a relic of the past. As a result, ninety percent of all Western magi enroll in the Clock Tower.

This trend can no longer be reversed. If the Clock Tower ever were to fall from the center of the magical world it would virtually spell its demise on a global scale.

What's more, centuries of ideological conflict among the Lords has split them in two factions on the brink of internal strife.

"Well, not that I'm complaining if it's just the leaders that change. At the end of the day, this is an ideal environment as far as a researcher is concerned."

Compared to the anachronistic Sea of Estray, this place was full of new theories. For me it was still a treasure trove of mysteries and romance.

Everyone has their own impression of the Magic Association.

For freelancers unaffiliated with the Association it's an authority structure embroiled in internal struggles, while fledgling magi yearn for the academic city that can fulfill their dreams of research and future prosperity, which the veterans absorbed in their research take as a fact of everyday life, insofar as being able to share in its facilities is convenient.

"Ah, here it is. Mister Flauros' research building. As always his garden is well looked after......eh? Is it really being looked after...?"

In other words, did people even live in here...? The plaque on the gate read "No Visitors Before the End of the Month".
    The mansion was surrounded by a tall iron fence.
    Throwing the suitcase I held to the other side, I descended into the depths of the garden with lively steps.
    Last edited by Leftovers; March 31st, 2019 at 12:07 PM.