155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fate

16 10.32%
  • UBW

72 46.45%
  • HF

67 43.23%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Fate/Stay Night Route.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    So full of self.
    We are.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks View Post
    Oh bullcrap nothing's happened yet, Tobias please wait til something actually happens.
    ^

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    So the Avalon faction is annoyed that Fate isn't gonna win?
    I don't care about who thinks what route is good. Every other thread like this has been bad.

- - - Updated - - -

And if saber gets involved, spinach might decide to save the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdoom View Post
    I don't care about who thinks what route is good. Every other thread like this has been bad.

- - - Updated - - -

And if saber gets involved, spinach might decide to save the thread.
    Stop trying to stir shit up, please.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdoom View Post
    Literally the only thing that has decreased it's quality so far is you bitching about it.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Sakura route for sure. It's the one where you learn the most world lore and background of the war that really isn't explained in the previous ones. Fate is a lot of "girls should stay in the kitchen, even superheroes" and UBW is pretty interesting but not as substantial, IMO. Also less important but still a factor: HF is the only route where the sex scenes don't feel totally contrived to just sell the game. Put another way, the replacements in Realta Nua detract from HF route the most, while Fate and UBW are more or less the same.

In hindsight HF makes Fate and UBW feel like the Bishoujo and Cool routes to hook people. Which is not a bad thing - if you overload people with dense exposition from the start it will turn them off.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; October 8th, 2014 at 08:35 PM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's funny because the route that frontloads the most exposition is probably Fate anyway.

even if a part of that exposition is only there to be proven wrong later
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's funny because the route that frontloads the most exposition is probably Fate anyway.

even if a part of that exposition is only there to be proven wrong later
    That might be objectively true but I'm just describing the impression I am left with, not having played through the game since 2007 or so. I was left pretty satisifed with HF because things made a lot more sense now. Plus that shout-outs to Touko and Zelretch were so satisfying to finally read.

On that last bit, what I mean is that it wasn't positively clear if Fate/ was set in the same (multi)verse as Rakkyo and Tsukihime. Counter Force gets brought up a lot but is described very differently, and Tsukihime doesn't have much connection at all.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; October 8th, 2014 at 08:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Also, really guys, you're so scared of discussing favorite routes now that you request locks? Are we really at this point? Has this become 4chan?

We had like 50 page favorite route threads back when polls was still active, why are you all panicking. We can do this without being retarded if nobody is being retarded (fun things are incidentally fun)

Blog Entries
    Also, really guys, you're so scared of discussing favorite routes now that you request locks? Are we really at this point? Has this become 4chan?

We had like 50 page favorite route threads back when polls was still active, why are you all panicking. We can do this without being retarded if nobody is being retarded (fun things are incidentally fun)
    It's more like guy. Singular.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Well then fuck that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    It's always hard for me to gauge the different routes because it's so difficult for me to view them on their own.

They support each other to form one whole.

Based purely on the best moments Heaven's Feel is probably my pick though.

Of course, it makes sense that the climax of the story has the greatest sense of release, so you can't solely give credit to simply Heaven's Feel for having those moments.

For example the Archer segment of Nine Bullet Revolver wouldn't be half as good without having read Unlimited Blade Works first.

It's makes the whole question a bit tricky, for me at least.

Of course its stuff like this which makes me like Fate so much in the first place.
    This is the reason why I think Fate is the weakest. F/SN is great in utilizing its structure for cathartic moments which is something Fate doesn't have at all, because it can't. It has to be completely self contained in its payoffs until replay while also having to put out all the hooks for the later routes.

Liking Fate from what I saw boils down to an 80/20 split of liking the romance aspect of it which is the best one of the routes imo (and in the opinion of many others) and in the way it delivers its core message and people agreeing with the way it handles it over UBWs less idealistic version. But to me Fate really doesn't offer a message that can be disconnected from UBW so I can't really understand that part.

i can understand waifuism tho, i finished that shit and was ready to be on team saber

- - - Updated - - -

I would put HF equal to UBW but the day..I think 7/8 SoL parts legitimately made me drop HF for almost a month.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I like all the routes, but liked UBW the best. Felt the most "balanced", out of the three. Not much else to say about it.

Well, Rin and Archer are both some of my favorite characters; Lancer, Caster, and Assassin are also cool; and Answer was one of my favorite scenes in the entire novel. It also had an ending I quite liked, Brilliant Years. (For comparison, I didn't like either of HF's endings too much. Not bad, but not the best. Continuation of the Dream is my absolute favorite)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I get what you're saying, buster. Fate is constrained out of necessity for a lot of reasons. The other routes have to explain things that it can only hint at, it has to have a waifu/romance to hook first time players, etc. Doesn't mean I didn't like it, I even teared up towards the end. But world lore-wise (which I really want) it's the weakest.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; October 8th, 2014 at 09:05 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    For Fate, I actually did quite like it, though I don't remember why. I really liked the finale and ending though. Not the most "epic", but the Fate finale was one of my absolute favorite scenes, no matter what others say.

HF has a lot of cool moments, but Sakura is my least favorite heroine. Just don't care for her. Best parts of HF were Kotomine and Illya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Fate Herk is best herk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korburss View Post
    Frank you Franco and the Franking pun of bull you rode in on.

One true OTP...

Blog Entries
    It's still far from bad. I guess you can argue that it managing to be a good self-contained story while also having to dump setting info and foreshadowing for two other routes makes its writing superior to the other routes if you want to? But to me the actual experience matters more, which is why I can't count handicaps like that in my evaluation.

UBW because it has the most Tohsaka and Tohsaka makes me laugh. I imagine other stuff happened too but it's probably not important anyway.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by francobull3 View Post
    Fate Herk is best herk.
    He did literally nothing interesting in Fate outside of talk in his last moments, except that was also ruined by him talking about how sugoi Saber is.

UBW is easily the best herk, just for the flashback.

Blog Entries
    It's still far from bad. I guess you can argue that it managing to be a good self-contained story while also having to dump setting info and foreshadowing for two other routes makes its writing superior to the other routes if you want to? But to me the actual experience matters more, which is why I can't count handicaps like that in my evaluation.
    As you point out, though, Fate on its own is essentially toothless. "Here is a thing a man believed in. He kept believing in it."
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    He did literally nothing interesting in Fate outside of talk in his last moments, except that was also ruined by him talking about how sugoi Saber is.

UBW is easily the best herk, just for the flashback.
    Ahem, he was a pretty big threat in the route.
    Whooping servants left and right, needed Archer, Saber, rin and Shirou to off him for good.
    While UBW has his best moment, it also expects you to know how unstoppable he is to appreciate it.
    Else he is just a fodder who happened to break a chain and not die for a few seconds before dying (something cu does better)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korburss View Post
    Frank you Franco and the Franking pun of bull you rode in on.

One true OTP...