155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fate

16 10.32%
  • UBW

72 46.45%
  • HF

67 43.23%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Fate/Stay Night Route.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Anyway I'm just glad the Illya route never made it in because I'm trying to introduce a friend to this VN.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Anyway I'm just glad the Illya route never made it in because I'm trying to introduce a friend to this VN.
    nsfw
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I can almost taste your tears

Blog Entries
    realtalk saber looks like a kid so if you introduce it to somebody who has a low enough powerlevel to get freaked out by loli you will have to use non-h versions anyway

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I'm using PC Realta Nua anyway. Safest way.

Non-otaku friend who liked Fate/Zero but most of the Nasuverse jargon understandably went right over his head.

If I have to criticize RN, it's just that the replacements for the contrived sex scenes are nonsensical instead of contrived.

Going with HF because it left me the strongest memories, both in terms of action and characters. The former is pretty evident; while the previous routes certainly weren't lacking in excellent fights, it's in HF where every battle has an extra oomph and the stakes feel much higher than ever before. That probably owes a lot to the thematic shift that Nasu made for the route; some call it grimderp, but it felt like a breath of something new after the quite similar in tone previous routes. Plus the lore revealed in HF is arguably the most interesting in the VN.

Character-wise, yes, a not-insignificant part of the previous cast were unsubtly given the boot, but that abscence gave room for characters like Illya and Kirei to move to the foreground and allow readers to see facets of their personality that didn't emerge previously. And its damn hard to not gain a newfound appreciation of Kotomine after finishing HF.

As for Sakura, I have to say I was incredulous when, after reading through 2 routes worth of Shirou reaffirming his ideal, he dropped everything for his qt kouhai, and I did take a long break from reading when the fawning over her seemed to have no end in sight, but I can say that in time I came to revise that first opinion (unlike many others here hue). That is to say, Sakura's romance with Shirou is the only one in FSN that I can accept as plausible , and not a byproduct of the need to flash tits to have any chance of selling well. To compare, the relationship with Altria seems to me like one in which the ideological facet is of far greater importance than the physical, and Rin just plain works better as the instructor slash friend rather than the awkward partner in a lets-make-it-work high-school-like romance.

The moment when HF really clicked for me was upon rereading it and reaching the decision in the rain. Having gone through everything before, I could then appreciate just how much weight that decision has, and with that the strength and determination it took for Shirou to abandon the safety of borrowed ideals, which were all he ever knew, and take that step into an unknown and uncertain future which he would have to fight desperately to sustain.

Plus Sakura has the best body out of the heroines, and fucking Rin in her cat pyjamas is weird as shit.
    Last edited by Leftovers; October 8th, 2014 at 10:04 PM.

A cat pajama for a cat like ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korburss View Post
    Frank you Franco and the Franking pun of bull you rode in on.

One true OTP...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I'm wondering, how would you all feel for the Fate route if Saber was actually male with Shirou.

I find myself in agreement with what Urobuchi said about it so it would work, though it would take a while for me to get used to. Not to mention it would eliminate the gender statements Nasu so awkwardly implemented we all know and love.

Seriously, I'm fine with admitting Fate is the weakest. About scrutinizing the idealism, the most we would get was the church basement scene. That Shirou is the one with the most disadvantages and the longer road to take and learn. So I don't leave Fate thinking everything is hunky-dory and that Shirou has nothing left to progress, because that's not true.

Fate has its appeal to me because I did admire Saber's character and her resolution and that the boy and plot I saw there was not the abomination I was led to believe from previous opinions.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    I'm wondering, how would you all feel for the Fate route if Saber was actually male with Shirou.

So, um. Would there still be the romance?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    If that's the only change, Shirou is still straight, so it seems unlikely.

There would need to be a lot of additions to the plot to make the Fate route compelling, since his developing romance with Saber is a big part of it. I mean, most the events would still be around, but Shirou's "girls shouldn't fight" chauvinism means that he uselessly throws himself between Saber and danger a bit more than he might've otherwise. There are some key player choices that wouldn't occur.

Blog Entries
    is shirou really straight though

dreaming_about_swords.jpg

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by francobull3 View Post
    Didn't he also ask shirou to protect her when he regained his sanity after his death in HF tho?
    I think it shows he was attached to the girl.
    No, they just shared a bro-stare.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post

oh god the lp memories

THEYRE COMING BACK

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shirou/Archer is still a decently popular pairing though. At least, on pixiv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Shirou/Archer is still a decently popular pairing though. At least, on pixiv.
    Well, duh.

They're attractive. Saying that they get shipped is like saying that dumbasses exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post

Gonna say probably.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    I preferred the middle section of fate than ubw tbh. I fond the caster and kuzuki thing annoying. That said archer and shirou was amazing.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    I want to vote both UBW and HF route but it won't let me.

Fate is fine but the romance is......dunno.

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

UBW is simply the best >>HF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FATE

Blog Entries
    HF for me, though I really like UBW as well. HF because of all the lore and reveals, the darker feel, Illya, Rin and Sakura bonding as sisters, badass Kotomine, and Shirou being badass as well. UBW for the action, the Shirou-Archer conflict, Lancer being super awesome, and of course, the huge reason: because of Rin. Fate is pretty boring to me compared to the other two routes. I still like it, but it loses pretty heavily to HF and UBW to me.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."