Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rin's reasons for liking Shirou

Rin's reasons for liking Shirou

Hey guys, I was wondering- other than Rin's major reason for liking Shirou what other reasons do you think contribute? Also do you think she would still like him if some of his traits were missing? What if he didn't have his signature six-pack? I don't think Rin likes him only for that, but I wonder if having it gone would make a difference? This may be a silly question I'm just legitimately curious on others thoughts lol.

US Friend Code
    I mean in universe Shirou is kinda the plain protagonist. The guy with looks is Shinji and maybe Issei.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Everything begins with a bar.

JP Friend Code
    who else would put up with her bullshit

Well Issei wouldn't poke her with a 10 pole stick. And Shinji only want to bang her

That leaves only Shirou

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    I mean in universe Shirou is kinda the plain protagonist. The guy with looks is...maybe Issei.
    Hmm.

US Friend Code
    Rin is secretly also a big fan of swords.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatesshadow View Post
    Hey guys, I was wondering- other than Rin's major reason for liking Shirou what other reasons do you think contribute? Also do you think she would still like him if some of his traits were missing? What if he didn't have his signature six-pack? I don't think Rin likes him only for that, but I wonder if having it gone would make a difference? This may be a silly question I'm just legitimately curious on others thoughts lol.

Well, for one, Shirou is a magus, which means he's one of a very few people she can actually let her "honor student" persona drop around. Ignoring Shinji (who, while "in the know" isn't really a magus) the only other one of those in the entire city is Kirei.
    Other than that, their characters are actually fairly compatible in general- they're both traditionalists, they both like taking care of people (even if Rin generally doesn't admit it), Shirou is a house-husband while Rin is a career lady...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Hmm.
    Shinji was the one dragging around two girls wherever you saw him. Since we know what his brains were like, he's either a lot more handsome than the artist gave him credit for,or hung like a horse greatly gifted in other ways.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shirou is a Pretty Cool Guy. Eh has Swords and doesn't afraid of anything.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    theres an entire scene in the vn where they sit around and she tells you
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Shinji was the one dragging around two girls wherever you saw him. Since we know what his brains were like, he's either a lot more handsome than the artist gave him credit for,or hung like a horse greatly gifted in other ways.
    I know Shinji is handsome. It's Shirou having apparently plain looks, and Issei being more handsome than him that raises my eyebrows.

US Friend Code
    I mean Shirou doesn't have plain looks going by art, it's just thats his rep in the VN itself. Or how i think of it. Shirou is kinda in background for his school life, which doesn't necessarily have to do with his appearance but with his personality. That's why i mentioned it because of how Shirou is Tohsaka doesn't like him because whether he's handsome or not because normally students wouldn't notice if he's there or not as he's going around doing stuff for people, so thus what Tohsaka likes about him has to do with other things then looks.

anywhere than here

Well, for one, Shirou is a magus, which means he's one of a very few people she can actually let her "honor student" persona drop around. Ignoring Shinji (who, while "in the know" isn't really a magus) the only other one of those in the entire city is Kirei.
    Other than that, their characters are actually fairly compatible in general- they're both traditionalists, they both like taking care of people (even if Rin generally doesn't admit it), Shirou is a house-husband while Rin is a career lady...
    True, those are good points- Letting her facade down would be a major selling point. So the attraction stems more from the personality rather than appearance, right?

If we do say that Shirou attracts Rin because of personality and not looks, would she loose attraction if he didn’t have his six pack? It seems to be one of his defining characteristics. I mean he has it because he’s fit, but if Rin truly likes him for him she wouldn’t care that it’s not there right? He’d still be fit.
    Last edited by Fatesshadow; May 25th, 2018 at 10:16 AM.

I mean Shirou doesn't have plain looks going by art, it's just thats his rep in the VN itself. Or how i think of it. Shirou is kinda in background for his school life, which doesn't necessarily have to do with his appearance but with his personality. That's why i mentioned it because of how Shirou is Tohsaka doesn't like him because whether he's handsome or not because normally students wouldn't notice if he's there or not as he's going around doing stuff for people, so thus what Tohsaka likes about him has to do with other things then looks.
    Plenty people notice him though.

Mostly when he has food.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Canonically both good-looking and above-average intelligence

top tier in everything except magecraft, rip

I know Shinji is handsome. It's Shirou having apparently plain looks, and Issei being more handsome than him that raises my eyebrows.
    Issei is pretty much equal with Shinji in terms of popularity with girls iirc, Shirou on the other hand just kinda stumbles across girls who like him because he's an eroge protag
    Last edited by Kotonoha; May 25th, 2018 at 10:31 AM.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatesshadow View Post
    True, those are good points- Letting her facade down would be a major selling point. So the attraction stems more from the personality rather than appearance, right?If we do say that Shirou attracts Rin because of personality and not looks, would she loose attraction if he didn’t have his six pack? It seems to be one of his defining characteristics. I mean he has it because he’s fit, but if Rin truly likes him for him she wouldn’t care that it’s not there right? He’d still be fit.
    ...Why are you so obsessed with Shirou's abs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Canonically both good-looking and above-average intelligence

top tier in everything except magecraft, rip

Issei is pretty much equal with Shinji in terms of popularity with girls iirc, Shirou on the other hand just kinda stumbles across girls who like him because he's an eroge protag
    It's been a while, but I don't think Issei's popularity or lack thereof was ever mentioned. Just that he's always stuck in the Student Council room doing Student Council things.

US Friend Code
    Plenty people notice him though.

Mostly when he has food.
    it's not like he cooks for his school tho, so he remains unpopular since no one knows the heaven that is his kitchen.

But that's another trait separate from appearance anyhow.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been a while, but I don't think Issei's popularity or lack thereof was ever mentioned. Just that he's always stuck in the Student Council room doing Student Council things.
    I think Hollow mentioned something to that effect but I don't remember, thus not confident

anywhere than here

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    ...Why are you so obsessed with Shirou's abs?
    Why would you not be, did you see Presage Flower?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    Just look at Muramasa and say your not impressed

anywhere than here

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I think Hollow mentioned something to that effect but I don't remember, thus not confident
    It's actually one of the First things we hear about him when he's introduced:

Quote Originally Posted by Fate/Stay Night, Everyday (I)
    Issei, who is organizing the papers he was reading, is the big boss of this student council room.
    He's the guy trying his best to reform this lax student council, and he's been a friend of mine since first year.
    His full name is Ryudou Issei.
    Despite his old-fashioned name, he has elegant features and he's really popular with the girls.
    Last edited by forumghost; May 25th, 2018 at 10:50 AM.