Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 69101112131621 ... LastLast

Thread: Food, Cooking, and Recipes General Discussion!

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    When I go to afternoon tea I eat so many cakes and drink hot chocolate with marshmallows and feel sick.
    When I go to afternoon tea I eat so many cakes and drink hot chocolate with marshmallows and feel sick.
    afternoon tea ...hot chocolate with marshmallows .
    afternoon tea...
    hot chocolate with marshmallows
    SIDDOWN AND DRINK UR GODDAMN TEA
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

blue blue glass something something Pillzman's Avatar
    Nice teatime, and here I am eating bread ;_;

Go to a tea house and pretend to be a K-On character

In the countryside in Suffolk

Blog Entries
    My next try will be with this recipe:

http://www.torta-al-cioccolato.it/cokies-alla-nutella/

Seems good and not difficult to pull if off, what do you think? At least the amount of Italian I know can make me understand the video and the recipe without any problems

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I tried to make a melt for the first time.

Steak, onions, mozzarella. Could be better, the cheese didn't melt properly. I'll slice the bread thinner and add tomato slices and bacon next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Did you melt it open-face for a bit first?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nope. That might've helped. Welp.

On another note, anyone know how to get softer, more pliable pizza dough? And if making pizza dough the night before it's used is reasonable?

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    On another note, anyone know how to get softer, more pliable pizza dough? And if making pizza dough the night before it's used is reasonable?
    I've always used water to thin out my dough. And while you can use older dough, you've got to be careful refrigerate it properly and sprinkle/coat it with flower so it doesn't expand too much.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

You could also let it rest before stretching. Might have to wrap it in cling wrap so it won't rise too much. Unless it's yeast-free, then just cover it air-tight or with a damp cloth.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Nope. That might've helped. Welp.

If you're making it by scratch?
    Add more fat if you want it softer and flakier.
    If you want it more viscous and like movable so it'll stretch more add more gluten.

If you're making it the night before, make sure to keep it moist.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's a shitty pic and my phone screwed up the lighting again, but oh well.

I made chicken bakes like they do at Costco, because they stopped selling the frozen packages here (though mine are half the size, for easier portioning).

To those who don't know, it's stuffed with sliced chicken, crumbled bacon, green onions, mozzarella, and Caesar dressing (made from scratch: lemon juice, crushed garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and olive oil), and dusted with Parmesan.

- - - Updated - - -

I made more than two, of course, but I'm freezing them and saving them for when I'm hungry and lazy.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    wow that looks fucking delish

Blog Entries
    This morning, I tried to see what would happen if I added corned beef to cup noodles.

It wasn't great.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Corned beef itself isn't great. Anything which needs condiments in order to become edible is horrible.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    There was that old "Mesopotamian Kukkis" recipe that popped up recently in ufotable F/SN thread or someplace like that.

I made them to eat while watching the latest F/SN episode, sadly the episode came out before they were ready-

I also was lazy and instead of making actual cookies just poured the whole thing into the tray and made one pie-thing. It turned out quite ugly ass, but how I got from the description they are supposed to have more of a pie-thing texture anyway.

For some reason I think Gilgamesh wouldn't have been pleased if I served him something like this --'

It's tasty though, but too sweet for me. Should be better when reduce the amount of dates maybe up to a half of original and add some walnuts. Also have an idea to try the recipe with banana instead of raisins and dates, and as real cookies.
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Appearance of food is nice if you're serving to other people.

However, if just cooking for yourself... eh, if it tastes good, that's all that matters!
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    It wasn't just for myself, but also for a friend and family, but they don't care about looks too. Actually, there happened weirder looking pies in my household, but not by me.
    I expected that the dough would act like the one of my favorite pie recipe, when I randomly put in on a tray and during baking it just gets smooth and pretty on it's own.
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Second attempt at ramen.

Noodles were better this time, where I actually used alkaline for the proper texture and color. It tasted a bit basic, though, so I might add some vinegar while it's cooking next time. Though on second thought, that could end badly.

I didn't have much at hand for the rest. I had pork broth, scallions, and hastily made hong shao pork, though I didn't intend for the pork to flavor the broth the way it did, so that sorta bummed me out (I was going for a purer pork flavor for that).

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Jesus that looks good.