Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Food, Cooking, and Recipes General Discussion!

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    And now I'm ging to make an even better version tomorrow. Provided this hangover dosn't make me attempt to drill out my brain to alleviate the pressure.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I've got 2 poverty recipes I use because I'm a poor ass college student

no pics because I didn't take any

Tomato Beef Ramen
    Ingredients:
    Discount Stewing Beef ($1/lb, only need about .25 cents worth)
    Can of tomato paste ($.75)
    3 packs of beef instant noodle ($1.50)
    Some onion ($.10)
    Whatever spices (whatever, Sriracha works)

Throw everything into a pot. Serves 2-3 meals. So about a dollar a meal.

Ghetto Pad-Thai
    Ingredients:
    Spoonful of Chunky Peanut Butter (natural is better but fuck, no money)
    Pack of chicken ramen
    Sriracha

Make chicken ramen, drain chicken ramen. Mix drained ramen, peanut butter, and sriracha together.
    Tastes like high-class poverty

serves 1, costs about a dollar
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    premium ramen:

1 packet of instant ramen
    1 egg

cook instant ramen and then crack the egg over it like a minute before its done
    feel like a master chef
    eat
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    1 packet ramen
    some spinach or torn napa cabbage
    sesame oil
    buncha scallions/green onions
    egg

cook ramen in water, drain and place in bowl
    boil water, add seasoning packet, then add veggies
    remove veggies, add to bowl
    add egg, cook till done.
    place egg in bowl, garnish with scallions
    pour hot broth into bowl, garnish with sesame oil

it doesn't actually taste better, but it looks nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    A little life hack I like to use when making instant pasta, obviously you add garlic, but get some of that dried butter that stores sell for popcorn and add liberally as well. Turns crap into crap and a half!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Tomato Beef Ramen
    This is disgusting and you should feel bad for ruining ramen.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    This thread makes me hungry.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ratstsrub View Post
    This is disgusting and you should feel bad for ruining ramen.
    Fun fact: in China, they have Tomato and Egg ramen. (stir-fried eggs and tomatoes is a common dish in China)

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    honestly I can actually see that. if you fried it and seasoned it well the taste might be a nice contrast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sorta. I don't really like them because I'm not a fan of tomatoes or eggs, but it's basically one of the dishes parents teach their children when they're just starting to learn how to cook, mostly because it's easy and quick. Here's a recipe:

a tomato cut into wedges
    3 or 4 eggs
    salt, sugar
    some oil
    scallions/green onions, minced

Basically, you scramble the eggs (keeping the curds large) and set them aside, then stir-fry the tomato till juices come out. Season with salt and sugar to taste, add the eggs back in and stir-fry some more. And it's done, and you garnish with the scallions.

It'd usually looks kinda like this:

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Korburss's Avatar
    I'm one of those people that cooks a batch of something and eats it for multiple meals and all my meals reflect that. This ones a bit of work but depending on serving size it can feed couple of people for a day or two and is technically two recipes.

4-6 slices of chicken.
    1-4 Potatoes.
    1-2 onions.
    Pound of carrots.
    Garlic (Fresh or powdered.).
    Rosemary.
    Basil.

1-2 cans of chicken broth.
    16oz Bag of squash.

Take four to six (More or less is fine, just add more/less of something else.) slices of chicken. a couple of quartered potatoes, a peeled onion or two, a pound or so of cut carrots and a few bits of garlic (Or of garlic powder if you must but do that with the rest of the spices.). Put the chicken in a baking pan and the vegetables in a large bag. Put a teaspoon of basil and rosemary into a bowl (and garlic powder if you didn't use fresh.), spooning half of that onto the chicken and put two tablespoons of olive oil in with the remaining spices. Dump the olive oil and spices into the bag of vegetables and shake it. Evenly place the vegetables in the pan and cover it with aluminum foil, dog earing it on one corner. Bake at 425F (218C I think, Google says so.) for 45-50 minutes.

Now if you made a large batch as I do, you should have about half leftover and we go on to the second recipe.

Take the leftovers from day one and dump them in a soup pot. Add chicken broth as needed (The amount of potatoes can make it more or less juicy.) and chunk half of the frozen squash (Or fresh but frozen dissolves nicely.). Boil until the squash has dissolved and the broth is nice and yellow.
    Last edited by Korburss; October 13th, 2014 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Fun fact: in China, they have Tomato and Egg ramen. (stir-fried eggs and tomatoes is a common dish in China)
    There's a rice vermicelli soup based on tomato and ground crab/shrimp meat. The tomato gets really soft and sweet and adds quite a bit of flavor to the broth.

That guy up there just used tomato paste. What the heck. Cut a tomato!
    Last edited by ratstsrub; October 14th, 2014 at 01:37 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hm. Reminds me. Got this at a Chinese noodle shop a day or two ago:

Rice noodles with braised pork ribs.

Blog Entries
    shit that looks good
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just finished dinner. Had squid so obviously made calimari. Took 30 mins.

Need:
    Squid
    Salt
    Pepper
    Cornstarch or Flour
    Oil

Basically you don't want a really thick batter so you can taste the squid more. So this isn't like the calimari you get at restaurants. If you want that kind just mix some egg and make a wet batter.

Either way.

Cut squid into rings. Squid curls when you fry it, so rings is the best cos it won't curl into itself that much. Learned it the hard way. Either way make sure to dry the squid on a paper towel. Don't want it super wet.
    Put oil in pan, heat said pan.
    While pan is heating put salt, pepper and flour into those snap-lock bag. Proportions are whatever, eyeball it to how much squid you have/can afford.
    Mix whatever is in the bag well then put squid into bag and mix very well. Make sure it's mixed really well and all the squid is dredged. It's very important to have it all dredged.
    Fry for about 2 minutes. Take out of pan.
    Drizzle lemon or whatever.

Calimari. I would post pictures but I ate it all.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED! *drools*

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

That looks nice, Kirby!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Went to a place today, ordered beef and miso ramen. Got this.

Not sure how rameny this actually was, but oh well. Still tasted good.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Mmmmmm...Bok Choi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

THe onions....
    they stare in my own soul!
    Quote Originally Posted by Korburss View Post
    Frank you Franco and the Franking pun of bull you rode in on.

One true OTP...