Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2530333435363740 ... LastLast

Thread: Food, Cooking, and Recipes General Discussion!

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    This thread makes me hungry.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's the point, it makes you hungry so you go cook something and post pictures for people on the internet who then get hungry, and so it continues. It's a vicious circle.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Attempt at katsukare. Took longer than it should have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    It looks good.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    That looks so amazing. Can you share your recipe?

Blog Entries
    A true magician never reveals his tricks.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is pretty much my usual curry, but instead of stewing the chicken I fried it as a cutlet first.

Basically, debone a thigh, pound it to a uniform thickness, season with salt and marinate in soy and rice wine if you like, then coat with flour, coat with egg, and once more with flour and cornstarch. Pan fry it until it's cooked through.

Dice carrots and potatoes and onions and garlic. Keep it smaller, I made mine too big here. Fry onions and garlic and carrots in oil, then add curry powder and fry that a little, then deglaze with rice wine and add soy sauce and a bit of sugar, and spice if you like. Add some water, idk how much, and put the potatoes in to boil. I also add the leftover bone in for flavor.

Cook it for until the potatoes and carrots are tender, and the sauce thickened from the potato starch. Season with salt and roasted sesame oil to taste. Cut up the cutlet, serve over rice, and pour the sauce on top or to the side. The greens there are shredded cabbage.

- - - Updated - - -

I think a proper katsukare uses crushed tomatoes in the sauce, too. Presumably, it'd give it some sweetness and a more bright acidity, and have it more orangeish than yellow.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

the tortured magi department Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We got a fire pit. What things which are not marshmallows or hotdogs might one cook on open flame?
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kebabs, potatoes, barbecue? Though IIRC cooking this way is less about cooking in the flame itself but the radiant heat, and things like potatoes should be roasted in the embers rather than the flames themselves?

Blog Entries
    My dad cooks sausage links a lot on ours.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prix of Heroes View Post
    We got a fire pit. What things which are not marshmallows or hotdogs might one cook on open flame?
    You could always try marshdogs, or hotmallows.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    This is pretty much my usual curry, but instead of stewing the chicken I fried it as a cutlet first.

Basically, debone a thigh, pound it to a uniform thickness, season with salt and marinate in soy and rice wine if you like, then coat with flour, coat with egg, and once more with flour and cornstarch. Pan fry it until it's cooked through.

Dice carrots and potatoes and onions and garlic. Keep it smaller, I made mine too big here. Fry onions and garlic and carrots in oil, then add curry powder and fry that a little, then deglaze with rice wine and add soy sauce and a bit of sugar, and spice if you like. Add some water, idk how much, and put the potatoes in to boil. I also add the leftover bone in for flavor.

Cook it for until the potatoes and carrots are tender, and the sauce thickened from the potato starch. Season with salt and roasted sesame oil to taste. Cut up the cutlet, serve over rice, and pour the sauce on top or to the side. The greens there are shredded cabbage.

- - - Updated - - -

I think a proper katsukare uses crushed tomatoes in the sauce, too. Presumably, it'd give it some sweetness and a more bright acidity, and have it more orangeish than yellow.
    Wooh, thanks. Gotta add that on the list of things to try

after substituting for all the things I can't digest there that is

actually tasted pretty terrible

texture was reminiscent of a softer styrofoam
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Well, what did you expect?

Blog Entries
    What... even is that? Chocolate... something?

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    What... even is that? Chocolate... something?
    It's a chocolate covered banana.

They surely have ran out of ideas.

They should have gone the choco covered chili route though for an Aztec and Mayan taste.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Blog Entries
    It's a fake banana though, that's just cheap. :/

The only thing that's banana here is the fake flavouring. I used to like it as a child but now it's just a mouthful of nothing. Although Serbs have some very good sweets.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries