Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Food, Cooking, and Recipes General Discussion!

blue blue glass something something Pillzman's Avatar
    Guyguysguysguys: Give me yout best Chinese Weeaboo noodle soup recipe HERE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillzman View Post
    Get chicken broth, noodles, and cook that business with sesame oil, garlic, ginger, maybe a star anise, hot spices if you want, and whatever veggies. Meat if desired. Should work?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Standard chinese noodle soup:

Wheat noodles
    Baicai/Bokchoy, torn into large pieces or split, depending on size and type
    Stewed beef, sliced
    Egg, one per person
    Soy sauce
    Shaoxing wine
    Douban sauce
    Vegetable oil
    Sesame oil
    Garlic, minced
    Scallions, minced
    Pork stock

Boil noodles, strain, run through somewhat cold water, strain again, and set aside portions into bowls. Take a wok with a bit of oil, add garlic and fry until fragrant, and then add douban sauce, until it's kinda dry. Add wine and soy sauce, mix until until bubbling and thick, and pour in pork stock until you have enough soup. Bring to a boil. Add veggies, cook briefly until done, divide veggies into bowl. Add eggs to broth, let cook (but don't stir), divide into bowls. Top bowls with sliced beef and garnish with scallions and sesame oil, and pour the hot broth over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Got Ton Katsu.

You can't see it, but it's served over rice.
    Now I want to go out and get Katsudon.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Korburss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillzman View Post
    Chicken Broth, noodles, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley. I call it Chinese Noodles but really, I just was out of stuff to make and didn't want to admit it.
    Last edited by Korburss; November 2nd, 2014 at 04:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Korburss View Post
    olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder
    wtf m8
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh, but if you're looking for the Chinese equivalent of an instant lunch, you just boil some water, and dump a bunch of leftovers and noodles into it, and just heat it until the noodles are tender and the soup is hot. I don't like it that much, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Now I want to go out and get Katsudon.
    Heh. They actually have that at the same place I got the Tonkatsu, but I haven't tried it yet. Might consider it, though.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Korburss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    wtf m8
    I literally just threw everything I had in. That was it.

blue blue glass something something Pillzman's Avatar
    Oh wow, you guys know a lot about this stuff, and answered incredibly fast. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh, but if you're looking for the Chinese equivalent of an instant lunch, you just boil some water, and dump a bunch of leftovers and noodles into it, and just heat it until the noodles are tender and the soup is hot. I don't like it that much, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Heh. They actually have that at the same place I got the Tonkatsu, but I haven't tried it yet. Might consider it, though.
    Pretty sure once you stick the tonkatsu on top of a bowl of rice it turns into a variation of katsudon anyway, just with tonkatsu sauce instead of egg and onions.

Blog Entries
    I got eggs on mine too

Blog Entries

Stuffed potatoes. Kind of needed bigger potatoes but it was good.

Hot Pot, non-traditional but still pretty good.
    Last edited by Sinon; November 15th, 2014 at 04:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ok, today I made some "Palha Italiana" and took some pics

The ingredients:

Butter

Chocolate Powder (Preferably the ones without sugar, but that one you use to make chocolate milk is fine too)

Condensed Milk

Vanilla essence

Cornstarch Cookie (I personally prefer to use the ones with milk)

I melted the butter then dropped the condensed milk and vanilla essence together in a pan, and then chocolate powder. I don't put much chocolate or the final product will have a sickening taste. I got this:

Then I cooked all together until this happened:

I broke the cookies into pieces and dropped into the content after I took it off of the stove then mixed all together

It's done! After it cooled down you can also cut it into any format and then cover with sugar

Done!
    Last edited by Artee; November 16th, 2014 at 04:51 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    o.o

So is it, like, a chewy cookie/candyish thing?

Blog Entries
    Kind of! I prefer to use the chocolate powder without sugar and the taste is even better. There's also the version without the cookie, which is also great, it's called Brigadeiro (I just don't like the granulated chocolate)

However, this is great, but with dark chocolate

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hm. Kinda reminds me of that time I tried to make truffles, though that was just chocolate and cream. Though this is probably chewier/creamier, with the butter and condensed milk?

adding cinnamon in the chocolate sounds amazing

Blog Entries
    You can substitute the chocolate powder for a lot of other things, like strawberry Nesquik, and even milk powder. I personally love the one with milk powder.
    When you use Nesquik it also tastes good, but kinda sickening because it's too sweet

Blog Entries
    I'm not a fan of chocolate cakes, buuut, I'd try this one

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If only we had heating utensils other than microwaves here ;_;

We don't even have a toaster oven or rice cooker.