Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: Food, Cooking, and Recipes General Discussion!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Kirby can you be my roommate when I move out so I dont have to cook? I'm good at praising food.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Heh. I ate that at a restaurant, so I didn't make it. The one time I tried to make something like it, I forgot the warm the bowl so it got cold quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

It still looks tasty though

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The one I made was just chicken, so it had to be eaten with other dishes and stuff. I should've added cauliflower.

If there's one thing brief time away from home taught me, it's that cauliflower tastes amazing in anything spicy.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Because they're naturally disgusting, disastrous if prepared badly and a sin against nature and taste buds everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrienDarkform View Post
    Brussel sprouts contain a compound which tastes bitter (and smells funny); amounts will vary from crop to crop of course, some will taste more so than others.

Given that the number of taste receptors decreases with age (as well as potential change in sensitivity to different flavors), it is not a surprise that when young, they can taste particularly unpalatable.

I hated them as a kid, but not anymore, so long as they are not overcooked to the point of mush (though that's a general requirement I have for all cooked vegetables).

Perhaps it's an acquired taste in part. Coffee is bitter and not great tasting either, yet tons of people drink it (though often dressed up in various ways with milk, sugar, and other flavours).
    The compound is a glucosinolate and when it's cooked it turns into something like PTC which is bitter. However about like 25% of people don't have the gene that allows you to taste this compound. So most of the time with brussel sprouts it's not age but genetics. But yeah, you'd taste it more strongly as a kid if you can taste it at all. Also if you're a supertaster which means you more taste buds on your tongue then average you'll taste it more.

Personally I love Brussel sprouts. I can't taste the bitterness in them at all.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Heh. I ate that at a restaurant, so I didn't make it. The one time I tried to make something like it, I forgot the warm the bowl so it got cold quickly.

Yo that looks fucking good so I repeat my statement.

Can you be my roommate when I move out so I dont have to cook? I'm good at praising food.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    If there's one thing brief time away from home taught me, it's that cauliflower tastes amazing in anything spicy.
    You're wrong, cauliflower is always awful.
    Small but dangerous!

My boring Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
    Cute things are cute.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    :'c

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Kirby can you be my roommate when I move out so I dont have to cook? I'm good at praising food.
    Learning to cook is a good skill. You will become a renaissance man.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Learning to cook is a good skill. You will become a renaissance man quarter-competent human being.
    People who decide they "can't cook" should be abandoned on a desolate mountainside.
    (This is a general statement. So far Christemo has only said he's lazy and wants to eat Kirby's food, not that he actually refuses to cook).

Cauliflower is one of the few vegetables I do prefer to cook rather than eat raw, but I avoid spicing it. It doesn't really work for me.
    Last edited by Seika; February 20th, 2015 at 03:10 PM.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Being able to follow recipes isn't being able to cook imo.

being able to cook is fucking up the recipe and then knowing how to save it
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Being able to follow recipes isn't being able to cook imo.
    This is the attitude that makes people resort to convincing themselves they can't cook.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If you can't follow a recipe then you actually need to go back to grade school.

just posting in here because I saw a Leo post
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post

Depends on the recipe. I made fudge yesterday and you need to hit a certain boiling point which had a tiny window and hold it at the point for a set time while continuously stirring.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Leo View Post
    This is the attitude that makes people resort to convincing themselves they can't cook.
    a lot of people that are convinced that they can cook should not be

I3uster's hidden elitist side is showing itself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post

what the fuck mod stalker
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    a lot of people that are convinced that they can cook should not be
    It's okay if people think cooking is doing recipes, because otherwise they could be eating Chipotle and frozen pizza every day, IMO.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    oh my god this woman here wont stop chewing her food with her mouth open someone kill me
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Leo View Post
    It's okay if people think cooking is doing recipes, because otherwise they could be eating Chipotle and frozen pizza every day, IMO.
    natural selection

Blog Entries
    I personally don't approve of trying to drive people away from making themselves food that isn't unhealthily prepackaged.