Thread: Fate/Untold Destinies

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar

Fate/Untold Destinies

The world is never set in stone, like a ball of clay it molds itself into something greater. Something often unseen and unexpected. The universe is not so different, there are an infinite number of events all colliding with one another for the chance to shine if only for a moment. This is simply one such chance, for soon seven people destined for glory or destruction will face off in a war where destiny is at their mercy.

The chance to win the Holy Grail.

In the town of Fuyuki the magical energy stored inside what is often known as the Greater Grail will reach its apex. Upon completion seven heroes of legend will join seven masters for the chance to receive the ultimate reward, a chance to have all their greatest wishes and desires fulfilled.

But fate is a fickle thing often flickering in and out of destinies, doing whatever it takes to continue the long slow march of time as such the fate of these seven also changes, who are they? What do they want? Why do they fight? That has yet to be told, yet all will become clear as the moment approaches and their destiny can be fulfilled.

Concept:

This is a simple RP where you as players can select one Servant and Master and enter into the Fuyuki Grail War. The catch? You can pick any canon Servant or Master you want! Yes any, from any Type Moon work and in any scenario. They don’t have to be a pair together, so you can mix and match however you want. This means that you can have a Shirou Emiya with Gilles de Rais as a Caster if you so choose.

Because of the nature of such a concept you will be allowed to RP however you wish regardless of personality. This means if you wanted to play as Kayneth for instance, you do not have to sit holed up in some hotel the entire war. Characters, conflicts, destinies it’s all up to you guys to create!

However, one thing I will be watching will be overpower, if you try to play as Gil for instance and finish the war in one night I will step in to prevent things from becoming a boring mess. This is meant to be a RP where you can experiment with whatever pairings you desire so have fun with it, just don’t go crazy, too much.

Canon characters includes people from unfinished sources such as Apocrpha and Fate Strange Fake, however the less information you have to work with the closer and closer they are towards being considered OC.

If you wish to play as an OC then you are free to go that route, however beware that I will be watching you a lot more closely to prevent powerleveling and general unfairness. I also reserve the right to turn down you sheet altogether.

Story:

The story will vary for everyone but for now most of you will know the basic background of this particular adventure.

The year is 2004, ten years after the events of the 4th Holy Grail War it is once again starting this time far earlier than anyone could have anticipated. Though the events that surround the 4th War are often confused and muddled it was known that the grail war preemptively destroyed causing a great fire to occur in the middle of the residential district.

Character Creation:

Though you will use canon characters, I need to be able to get a perception of what you believe those characters are able to accomplish. Because of this when you pick who you want to play as please send me a sheet using the format below with a description of each and every thing you think that they can accomplish. Anything performed outside of the specified rankings are subject to my judgement in one way or another.

Master Sheet:

Name:
    Race:

Stats: (Keep in mind this is for human parameters not Servant, for a person above that of a human and into the territory of Servant use + as needed.)

Strength:
    Agility:
    Endurance:
    Magic:
    Luck:

Skills and Abilities:

Magical Talents:

Equipment:

Servant Sheet:

Name:
    Master:

Stats:

Strength:
    Mana:
    Endurance:
    Luck:
    Agility:
    Noble Phantasm:

Class Skills:

Personal Skills:

Noble Phantasms:

Basic Explanation of Stats:

Stats: stats are labeled E-A with there being two levels of power, human strength and servant strength. The ranking for the stats are in order from weakest to strongest: (Human) E, D, C, B, A, (Servant) E, D, C, B, A. A plus marker indicates that the stat is now one rank higher due to some circumstance with an ability or skill. So E+ is equal to D statwise. This is important to consider when battling someone so please keep it in mind. Also an A rank human is only one rank below a Servant's E rank in this particular RP. This means that if a human were to have A+ in a particular stat then they are equal to a Servant's E rank stat.

For those of you who might be unfamiliar with how ranking systems work or would like a general explanation of how they might work I’ll explain.

Strength: strength determines a persons physical strength, essentially how much they could lift in pure weight. An E ranked human would bu unable to lift an old CRT television for example while an A ranked Servant would be able to easily split a car in two with a single blow.

Endurance: endurance determines how many hits a person can take, in battle this translates into how long a person can keep on fighting. An E ranked human would only be able to take one or two well aimed punches before being knocked out clean while an A ranked Servant could withstand blows from a tank cannon with little loss to their condition. This stat also determines stamina, for example two runners in a race are set to go as far as they can with the one who can run the longest the winner. The guy with A rank Endurance would be able to outlast the B ranked person and would win this type of race.

Agility: Agility determines a persons running speed and agility when fighting. An E ranked human would take over twenty minutes to run a mile while an A ranked Servant could run it in seconds. In battle this translates to a person's ability to dodge attacks as well as attacking first and the speed of the attack.

Prana: Prana determines both a person's skill with magic as well as their capacity to hold it. An E ranked human is simply a normal human with no magical capabilities (Think Shinji) while an A ranked Servant can perform devastating attacks with a single wave of their hand. (Think Medea) In combat this translates into a persons ability to cast magic as well as how many spells they can cast and in a Master's case how well their Servant can perform. Not all A ranked people and servants can use magic though they might simply just have a large capacity or compatibility with it.

Luck: luck is a special skill, it is the ability to defy destiny. It allows a character to do something they would normally find impossible to do. An E ranked human lives a boring life with nothing out of the ordinary happening, while an A ranked Servant is able to overcome impossible odds perhaps by dodging a bullet or living through a sure hit attack. The higher your luck ranking the more plausible it is that you can get out of a sticky situation, however keep in mind that plausible does not always mean possible and should someone try to abuse this stat it might come back to bite them in ways they did not intend.

Noble Phantasms: A noble phantasm is a Servant's strongest weapon while a few humans have been known to possess them they are very rare. The ranking system is the exact same as everything else with the pluses denoting a rank up due to circumstance. One other thing of note, A+ or higher rankings are essentially a sort of S ranking denoting some of the strongest attacks ever seen. Most Ex ranked Noble Phantasms are above any such rankings and therefore can only be overridden by another Ex ranked skill or Noble Phantasm unless they have a special weakness.

With all of that said let the fun begin!

As of now I will only by accepting 7 players and the entries will be for those who enter in their sheets first.

Example:

Master Sheet
    Name: Uryuu Ryuunosuke
    Race: Human
    Appearance:
    Stats: Human

Strength: C
    Agility: B
    Endurance: C
    Magic: D
    Luck: B

Skills and Abilities:

Charismatic Appearance: Though Uryuu is just a normal human his ability to get into whatever advantageous situation he desires is quite good. His skills with persuasion and deception allow him to sneak his way into just about any position he desires, perfect for getting into just the right spot for some murdering.

Magical Talents:

Untrained Magus (C): Though Uryuu is completely unskilled in the art of magic, his families blood that lies dormant inside him has granted him the possibility of attempting the magical arts, especially that necromancy and spiritual evocation. Should he choose to go down that path he could begin the arts of a magus but for now his circuits lie dormant only coming out accidentally. (Spoiler Format)

Equipment: Besides his favorite purple garb he also carries with him a set of his favorite knives and scalpels, perfect for getting just the right cut.

Players
    Saber:
    Lancer:
    Archer:
    Rider:
    Berserker:
    Caster:
    Assassin: Elyrin

Caster note: This is actually Milbunk's RP, I'm just posting it.
    Players:
    Last edited by Caster; October 15th, 2014 at 04:55 PM.

Do the masters have to have been canon masters, or can they just have been canon characters in type moon works?
    Collection of cherished moments
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE
    <Zagrin> I'll kill ya Plue

Blog Entries
    If you want to play as someone who wasn't a Master perhaps we could work something out. Did you have anyone in mind specifically?

Blog Entries
    Alright our first entry, I would like to welcome Elyrin who shall be joining so far with an Assassin.

祖 Ancestor
    Just assassin? From the concept I thought you'd have to be both a servant and a master, or does he choose to keep the master secret?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Team Matou, because I'm a silly person.
    Last edited by Elyrin; October 15th, 2014 at 08:43 PM.
    <Satehi> thank you based admin of justice, he/she who doth bring forward the true gospel

Blog Entries
    I hadn't put down the Master just yet because we hadn't quite worked it out but it's good now.

Blog Entries
    And we now have confirmed entries for both Caster and Kuroyuki! They shall be using Saver and Saber respectively.