Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Precursors of Purity (Fate/Zero x Ni no Kuni) (Two-Shot)

Blog Entries
    Finally read the second part.

Jesus christ reading the last bit with this playing literally had me tearing up.

Quote Originally Posted by ZidanReign View Post
    Finally read the second part.

Jesus christ reading the last bit with this playing literally had me tearing up.

And I consider the instrumental version of "Fragments of Heart" playing immediately after. Of course, there's little different between the vocal-less theme song and the overture for the game...

Anyway, I promised a snippet, and here's a small one:

<><><>

It was late by the time Kirei Kotomine had finished preparing for next Sunday mass. Several hours preparing what to say and what to read for the unfortunate souls to God's loving embrace while shepherding them to realize just how truly sinful they were in their current state of living. It was both a privilege and a pleasure for Kotomine to share to them, as he took the matter seriously every week.

But he knew that such a time was soon ending. Gilgamesh may now be of mortal skin, but he was still that of a Servant, and he knew the Holy Grail War was starting again soon. Much sooner than any other before it. Why, if his memory were correct, it would be around the ten year anniversary to when the Shinto district burst into flames.

A soft smile grew across his lips. Before was just a glimpse. But this time it would be true reckoning.

He was just about to turn in to the night when a brilliant white portal opened within the confines of his residence. For a brief moment, he suspected it to be Gilgamesh making an entrance, but his very being emitted a gold aura. This held power, but nothing comparable to that of the Gate of Babylon.

From the portal came a hunched old man, dangled in robes fitting for a storybook wizard. His step was deliberately slow, yet the tap of his staff-like cane made the priest feel nervous for some reason.

"Kirei Kotomine," the wizard spoke, gesturing his hand to the still shining light he had appeared from. "The White Witch seeks an audience with you."

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    So....is this going to continue or what...?

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Possibly as a sequel. But since I have a few long term writing projects to take care of, including Fate/Reach Out, it's kind of hard to do. I just posted here for a sort of teaser that things will be very different.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not familiar with "Ni no Kuni" - but after this, I think I need to be.

It was very entertaining, thank you.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Indeed you do, Kieran. Play the game, watch an LP, whatever. It's a hallmark to the great Studio Ghibli, and its a travesty more people aren't drawn into their amazing landscape art and simple but potent storylines.

You love the movies like Kiki's Delivery Service? Princess Mononoke? My Neighbor Totoro? Castle in the Sky? Well Ni no Kuni is best described as a Studio Ghibli movie you can PLAY.

...sorry, really gushed on it there. But I'm glad reading this story has gotten you interested in it's lore. It really is a great RPG.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishou the Badger View Post
    Indeed you do, Kieran. Play the game, watch an LP, whatever. It's a hallmark to the great Studio Ghibli, and its a travesty more people aren't drawn into their amazing landscape art and simple but potent storylines.
    I can't disagree.

You love the movies like Kiki's Delivery Service?
    First one I ever saw, since I was a Kirsten Dunst fan.

Princess Mononoke?
    My first theatrical anime outside of a convention - and I've been meaning to watch it again . . .

My Neighbor Totoro?
    This one, I admit I've missed - have to get around to fixing that.

Castle in the Sky?
    It was cute - everything I expected it to be.

Well Ni no Kuni is best described as a Studio Ghibli movie you can PLAY.
    Ooooo . . .

...sorry, really gushed on it there. But I'm glad reading this story has gotten you interested in it's lore. It really is a great RPG.
    Understandable, and it certainly sounds like it.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

And I even bought the game for christmas myself!
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Oh my shit THIS HAPPENED.

Now I HAVE to finish this crossover!

*Hype intensifies*
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Oh yes, this I like. Will we perhaps be getting a peek at the extended Ghibli-verse?

Could Nausica perhaps be the future of this world? A legend of a Castle in the Sky told to children in Magi families perhaps? Totoros?
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Actually aside from sharing the same character art style by part time Ghibli collaborator Yoshiyuki Momose and frequent Ghibli composer Joe Hisaishi for the music, this game isn't involved with Studio Ghibli in any way. I mean, they're still inactive after Miyazaki stepped down. But hey, it's being done by the other producer Level-5 and they know their RPGs.

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/new-ni-no...i-324507.phtml

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishou the Badger View Post
    Oh my shit THIS HAPPENED.

Now I HAVE to finish this crossover!
    I'm all for it!