Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Find the exact year of main event of Fate/stay night (Timeline)

夜魔 Nightmare

Find the exact year of main event of Fate/stay night (Timeline)

Fate/stay night Timeline

The time period in which the main events of Fate/stay night goes on (the 5th Holy Grail War) are during the January 31 to February 15 (the last day of the 5th Holy Grail War in all routes of Fate/stay night, changing only the time of day that the final fight for Holy Grail goes). By observing the visual novel's storyline, especially regarding the dates used in relation to the days of the 5th Holy Grail War and the CGs shown during the progress of the story in relation to the lunar cycles, the exact year in which the events of Fate/stay occurs night is 2007.

The years 2004, 2005 and 2006 are completely discarded, because the days in relation to the events of the 5th Holy Grail War in combination with moon cycles in those days did not hit perfectly with the storyline of the visual novel. The day that Saber was called to attend the 5th Holy Grail War (the night of February 2), was during a complete full moon night. See the CG scene where Saber surrendered Tohsaka Rin in end of prologue of visual novel after striking Archer on the outside of the Emiya residence below and a screenshot of the 'MoonPhase 3.3' program to prove it, proving that the year of the main event of Fate/stay night actually passed in 2007:

Name:  fate stay night timeline 001.jpg
Views: 11127
Size:  22.8 KB

Screenshot of end of Prologue of Fate/stay night (Rin’s Perspective), Fate Route

Name:  fate stay night timeline 002.jpg
Views: 4292
Size:  22.7 KB
    Screenshot of MoonPhase 3.3, setting in February 2, 2007, Full Moon, without Summer Time

So to have an even greater proof that the year 2007 is really, play the visual novel until day 8 (February 7 on the visual novel storyline) in the Fate route, until the part where Shirou and Archer end of talk in the end that day and shows a scene where the moon was in that position that night before the start of the day 9 (February 8). Check out:
    Name:  fate stay night timeline 005.jpg
Views: 3691
Size:  22.6 KB

Screenshot of end of day 8 of Fate/stay night, Fate Route

Name:  fate stay night timeline 003.jpg
Views: 3488
Size:  23.1 KB
    Screenshot of MoonPhase 3.3, setting in February 7, 2007, without Summer Time

And finally to take all the doubts regarding the year in which the events of Fate/stay night occurred, play until the last day of Fate route, the last day (February 15) until the part where Shirou delivery back Avalon to Saber during the night this day before they came to the Ryuudou Temple to fight Kotomine Kirei and Gilgamesh in the final battle for Holy Grail and see that the moon was entering the state of New Moon, missing only two nights to could fully enter into the phase of complete New Moon on February 17 (possibly that was the day that Avenger, reborn as full Holy Grail, after that his physical form was destroyed by Shirou and Saber at the end of the 5th Holy Grail War, found Bazett Fraga McRemitz dying in ghost mansion of Edlefelt near the Fuyuki Church, and realized the desire of it to not want to die a miserable death and continue the Holy Grail War, that resulted shortly after the events of Fate/hollow ataraxia). So confer below and note that the dates and lunar cycles hit perfectly with 2007:
    Name:  fate stay night timeline 006.jpg
Views: 3595
Size:  21.4 KB

Screenshot of end of day 15 of Fate/stay night, Fate Route

Name:  fate stay night timeline 004.jpg
Views: 3447
Size:  23.0 KB
    Screenshot of MoonPhase 3.3, setting in February 15, 2007, without Summer Time

With this, it is now proven that the events of Fate/stay night really began in 2007, as well as those of Fate/hollow ataraxia that occurred in the same year and so also, those of Fate/Zero whose the main events are those in relation the 4th Holy Grail War take place 10 years before the events of Fate/stay night in relation to 5th Holy Grail War. Then the year in which the events of Fate/Zero in relation to 4th Holy Grail War occurred, happened precisely in the year 1997.

Having established that the years 2004, 2005 and 2006 do not match the storyline of the visual novel Fate/stay night, but the year 2007 match perfectly with the storyline because the days of the events used and the phases of the moon in those days in relation that year match with precision, we finally find out in that years, months and days occurred the events in relation the history of visual novel, including the prologue of Fate/stay night and epilogue of each route of the visual novel and his endings. Now confer the complete information below:

Prologue (Shirou’s Perspective): Start in February 2 2007; on the night when Lancer tried to kill Shirou for the second time this day, Saber was called to attend the 5th Holy Grail War, saving the life of Shirou in the process by stopping Lancer.
    Prologue (Rin’s Perspective): Starts in October 1996, when Rin dreams about seeing his father Tohsaka Tokiomi, still alive for last time in the last days of the 4th Holy Grail War and ends on February 2 2007; when she and Archer are attacked by Saber when they came near the Emiya residence during the night of the full moon.
    Main Event (Fuyuki's Fifth Holy Grail War): Begins on January 31, 2007 and ends on February 15 of this same year. The final day of the 5th Holy Grail War is always the same for all routes of visual novel and so also the location of the final battle for the Holy Grail that is Mount Enzou, where is located the Ryuudou Temple. The only differences is where the location of the final battle is fought and what is the period of February 15 that year these battles occurred on each route individually (in Fate route, the final battle takes place on the evening of the February 15, in courtyard of the temple and in the lake where the Holy Grail appeared. In Unlimited Blade Works route, the locations of final battle are the same of Fate route, and the difference is that it occurs in of the day 14 to the day 15 of February. In Heaven's Feel route, the final fight occurs inside the cave of Mount Enzou, where the Great Grail is located and happens in the same period of the day that the final fight in Unlimited Blade Works route took place)
    Epilogue (Fate route): Happens on April 9, 2007, the period of time where Shirou and his friends live, then at the end of the fifth century, where Altria Pendragon dies after his soul return back from the year 2007 to his real body in the past where she ended its contract with the world after that it and Shirou destroy Holy Grail in present and finally in spiritual plan in Avalon (unique to version Realta Nua of Fate/stay night), where Shirou and Saber finally get together.
    Epilogue (Unlimited Blade Works route): No Good Ending the epilogue takes place on February 16, 2007, a day after the 5th Holy Grail War has ended, where Saber ends up staying in this world after destroying the Holy Grail with the help of Rin. In True Ending, the epilogue takes place exactly one month after the 5th Holy Grail War ended (probably in March 2007), where Shirou and Rin are together and plan to travel to the Mage's Association.
    Epilogue (Heaven's Feel): In Normal Ending, the epilogue takes place ten days later (probably on 25 or 26 February 2007) that the 5th Holy Grail War ended with Shirou sacrificing himself to destroy the Great Grail to save Sakura and continues until the day when Sakura dies of old age. In True Ending, the epilogue takes place exactly two years (2009) after the end of the 5th Holy Grail War, where Illya sacrificed himself to become the Holy Grail to save the life of Shirou and sealed the entrance to the Great Grail to avoid Avenger that can come into the world as 'All the World's Evil', showing the lives of Shirou, Rin, Sakura and Rider after the end of that conflict.
    Battle for complete dismantling of the Fuyuki City’s Great Grail Ritual System: Occurred only on the Fate and Unlimited Blade Works routes. Going on ten years after the destruction of the Holy Grail at the end of the 5th Holy Grail War, probably occurring in the year 2017.

And with this information and remembering a certain interview where Kinoko Nasu said that "The end of Tsukihime is also the beginning of Fate/stay night.", I finally realized that he meant with that. I noticed that the end of Tsukihime that he spoke is not happening after those events occurred at Melty Blood Actress Again or the so rumored Tsukihime 2, but he spoke of the scene where Tohno Shiki was reunited with Aozaki Aoko in the place where they met within of the limits of Misaki Town, 10 years later on a complete Full Moon night in the epilogue of the visual novel Tsukihime, which is the final chapter known as 'Eclipse' and this being also the last scene shown in the visual novel. And it made me realize something very important, which is in relation to part of 'The beginning of Fate/stay night'. The first scene shown when you open the visual novel of Fate/stay night is the scene where Shirou was about to be killed by Lancer and the Servant Saber is called to save the life of young Emiya Shirou and participate of the 5th Holy Grail War in Fuyuki City, and that day takes place also in on a complete Full Moon too.

And with that, the mystery behind the words spoken by Kinoko Nasu in relation that period of time that ended the story of visual novel Tsukihime and the beginning of the story of visual novel Fate/stay night is now revealed by using this information and the schedule of events above in relation to of the timeline of Fate/stay night. The day that Shiki was reunited with Aoko after ten years they met for the first time and Saber was called to attend the 5th Holy Grail War are precisely on the evening of February 2, 2007, when the moon entered the phase of a complete Full Moon.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Fate/Zero

After know the exact year in which the events of Fate / stay night occurred, is a little easier to know what was the year in which the events of Fate / Zero also passed. When watching the last episode of the anime version of Fate / Zero, there is a scene where it shows the news which speaks of the monstrous fire that caused the incident caused by the Holy Grail at the end of the 4th Holy Grail War the next morning, when the fate of shows Waver . Velvet after losing the 4th Holy Grail War Notice good in the picture of this scene and especially the day and the month in which the news was next to the clock in the upper left corner to what was showing '6:36' am:

The Anthology of Lore GabrielMR's Avatar
    Brazil - RS, Rio Grande do Sul - Porto Alegre
    US Friend Code
    Hello omegasonic1005!

Using your assumptions and other informations that I can obtain, I'm trying to recreate a 'almost perfect timeline' of Nasuverse, but using the original informations of your other post here I'm in self conflict.

Do you want to help me create the timeline? I'll share with your gmail account the google sheet where I created the timeline.

For now, I'll post the public link for view: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=610023595

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well for starters you can disregard any conclusion he came to in this thread, because

US Friend Code
    Because? He is a troll or whatever?

Well, I see conflict on years date of Tsukihime and Fate.

I'll carefully look into it when I have more free time.

Blog Entries
    No, because Nasu said it happens in 2004

US Friend Code
    Adjusting the date times.

I'll mark in yellow the "official dates".

Sleeping in the Akasha... Riku Noctis's Avatar
    And if we take into account the fact that there would be A LOT of "timelines" because lolPruningSystem, the effort of trying to gather every date from every franchise on a single timeline could easily become meaningless.

Kingdom Hearts III: The End of Evangelion
    The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    "Time to start learning Japanese."
    Five timeless words. ;.;

US Friend Code
    I don't think so, it's not effortless to make a raw view of the main events, birthdays, deaths and battles.

I like to catalog all events of the works that I read / view / play.

I think that now my timeline is more accurate (Only the english version, not updated the portuguese version yet)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    The events of Stay Night take place from very late January 2004 to mid-February 2004. Hollow Ataraxia takes place in October 2004.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    If it's just for your own reference, fine, but officially most of the stories don't take place in the same continuity as each other.

Tsukhime-style worlds are separate from Fate-style worlds. Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai can't take place in the same world.

Et cetera.

- - - Updated - - -

FGO has a lot of concrete dates as well which generally match up with their real-life content release timing. Dunno if they're collected anywhere in English but they're easily reviewed if you have the game.

JP Friend Code
    And then you have FGO NA pushing those dates 2 years forward to match the NA schedule lol.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Tsukhime-style worlds are separate from Fate-style worlds. Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai can't take place in the same world.
    This is why a Tsukihime remake is incoming, I think. Fate and Tsukihime must be one and the same timeline, at least for the main events.

Yes, I know that Kara no Kyoukai is another verse.

But shares families between Tsukihime [Ryougi, Nanaya, Fujou and Fujino]

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    And then you have FGO NA pushing those dates 2 years forward to match the NA schedule lol.
    I'm not counting Grand Order nor Fate/Extra on the list, it's dimensions can't be synchronized at all. Singularity F is the unique Holy Grail War that happened on Grand Order timeline for all I know.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrielMR View Post
    This is why a Tsukihime remake is incoming, I think. Fate and Tsukihime must be one and the same timeline, at least for the main events.
    What does the remake has to do with nasu spesifically saying that tsukihime and fate worlds are wholly different and incompatible?

We already know that worlds with heroic spirit summoning has no DAA.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

That's exactly how it is not, though
    Quote Originally Posted by BBB 2017/4/15
    んで。その中で異彩を放つドラマCDですが、この場を借りてちょっとだけ補足を。TYPE-MOONの伝奇……というか、奈須きのこがTYPE-MOONでやっている伝奇は『すべて同じ世界』と思われがちですが、それはあくまで基本であって大きく二つ の系統に分かれている事は今までちょろちょろ説明してきました。

英霊がサーヴァントとして使役できるFate世界と、
     英霊なんて強大な概念を“自律した使い魔”なんて術式に落とし込めるワケねーだろ、という月姫世界ですね 。

Fate世界の下地は『人類史を肯定するもの』なので英霊も主役として考えられますが、
    月姫世界の下地は『人類史を■■するもの』なので、その敵対者である死徒たちが主題となる、みたいな違いで す。
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    The separation is a recent statement so it's almost certainly not going to be rewritten to be the opposite.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Huh, I always thought they were the same world. Is it completely different or just different timelines?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Worlds where the human order is strong enough that Servant summoning can occur =/= Worlds where the human order is weak and Dead Apostle Ancestors are at the top of the food chain

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    The separation is a recent statement so it's almost certainly not going to be rewritten to be the opposite.
    But what about the worlds where it has both anyways because lol!SF?

Like literally, Nasu mentioned a world where both exist in his statement about how worlds with both don't exist.
    Last edited by forumghost; May 8th, 2018 at 04:54 PM.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Strange Fake seems like it's supposed to be some weird hybrid world.