Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fate/Re:Born (Quest)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    3. Hit on him.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3. Hit on him.

You know he liiiiiikes it!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    This is why write in is always a disaster option :P

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Disaster? I'd say more like a perfect storm.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    I've seen that movie, you can't convince me that Perfect Storm wasn't a fucking disaster movie as well as a disaster of a movie.

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    3. The reason you can't sense any magical energy from me, as you so astutely observe, is because I'm just here to keep an eye on the town. After the debacle from 10 years ago, the Association lost faith in the Church as a supervisor, so among other measures, I'm here.

My purpose is simply to confirm that the Masters have completed their Summons and to report back to the Association so that we can best manage the secrecy of the situation in the case of a wildcard. And given that we still haven't been able to ascertain the final Master, I would say that wildcard has well and truly been played.

Kill me now and I can't file my report to the Association. No report about the final few Masters puts the secrecy of this whole war at risk, so allow me to complete my job, if you would.
    This answer is pretty pro.

I have to achknowledge it.

Changing my vote to this.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    >tfw dead quest thread

Just so we actually know what to expect Sei, how often will this be updated? Is there a schedule or just "whenever I feel like it"?

Blog Entries
    Sei plz

Blog Entries
    rip

Sei's schedule is pretty much when she finds the time/motivation the quest will be back eventually.

Blog Entries
    There's no doubt in my mind as to the nature of this man. Aside from his foreign appearance and the armor that is out of place for this day and age... His presence alone speaks volumes... Without a doubt, this man is a Servant... and just looking at his form confirms everything that I've heard. Though I lack the ability to feel magical energy itself, my instincts more than make up for it. Rather... simply being subjected to this man's gaze exudes a pressure that can physically be felt by my body. So, no matter how I look at it, this man is not human.

Could my luck possibly get any worse?

"A Servant?" It takes me a while to collect my thoughts, "Are you Tohsaka's Servant, by chance?"

Still... Somehow... I manage to keep a visible calm. Though nothing can be done about the beating in my chest or the thin coat of sweat forming on my face, I can only hope that this much of a ruse will make me seem like less of a target.

"Have you been watching me this whole time?" I adopt a smile of confidence, "Should I be disturbed or flattered?"

The man in blue smiles at my remark.

Maintaining his position on the rooftop above, he rises up and stands with his back to the moonlight. Had I not found the sight of him intimidating before, I'd definitely say he is now.

"Ho?" Amused, the unnamed Servant looks down on me, "So not only do you know what I am, but you also seem to have an understanding of how this little game we're playing works? That's kind of impressive for someone coming from the outside," He turns away from me for a bit, setting his sights on Tohsaka's house, "Unfortunately, kid, I'm not this Tohsaka person's Servant. My spear belongs to someone else."

"...Spear?"

Honing in on that singular word, my mind goes blank while my body tries to understand the implications. At the same time, the blue Servant's eyes drift back towards me- cold and merciless. Before I realize it, the air around him is distorting, bending, and surging... Giving way to a spiral of red chaos, the rules of the world as I know it are momentarily altered and given form in the manner of a weapon. The spacial flux calms itself as quickly as it came and- as a reminder of what just occurred- a menacing red spear rests within the Servant's hand.

"Yeah, that's right," An ominous smile, "My Noble Phantasm is a spear. So that means I'm of the Lancer class."

Yeah... I could understand that much for myself. But the fact that he would openly reveal as much to me... It means that there are no consequences for him in doing so...

"You see... Since things haven't officially kicked off yet, my master sent me on a bit of an errand. 'Scout out the enemy' is basically all I have to do. I'm supposed to avoid any actual combat, if it can be helped," Hiking his spear across his shoulders, Lancer shoots me a questioning look, "So imagine my surprise when I stumbled on you... Doing the exact same thing..."

"..."

"So then, kid, I've shared..." The playfulness in Lancer's voice dies down. As his eyes close in on me, I can feel his intent to kill me coursing through, "I think it's only fair that you do the same."

Dammit...

Of all the things that could have possibly happened, why this? There's absolutely no way I can stand up to Lancer... Whether that's in combat or simply running away. No matter what, if he moves to strike, I'm dead. No questions asked. And with the fact that this whole war is supposed to be a secret, my existence here alone can be seen as a threat. So there's little I can say to actually talk myself out of this as well. ...In the end, the only reason Lancer is presenting with the opportunity now... is to watch me squirm. To see what I could possibly come up with when faced with the threat of death.

"Don't be hasty, Lancer," Unable to laugh in the face of danger any more, I mask my uncertainty with professionalism, "It's true that I don't have any kind of magical energy. As you suspect, I'm only human. There's a distinct lack of magus blood in my veins... But, that serves a purpose as it allows me to perform my job without drawing any unnecessary attention. Generally speaking..."

Lancer squints his eyes at me.

"You see, Lancer, after the failure of the last Holy Grail war- the same one that nearly destroyed all of Fuyuki- the Association lost a great deal of faith in the Holy Church's ability to contain the effects and collateral of the war. Therefore, they deemed it necessary to be more careful in their observations. To insure that the secrecy of the war is kept out of the public eye, observers such as myself have been employed to keep an eye on things," Feeling confident about my words, I breathe deeply to calm myself, "It's a tricky business, really, but that's basically it. Granted there are others who will follow me, my job for now is to observe the summoning of all Servants and report back to my superiors. ...Normally, the Mages Association would take little interest in the proceedings of the everyday mage. However, as this is the Holy Grail War, and the scale is unlike your everyday occurrence, extra steps are being taken. So, Lancer, there y-"

"Hahahaha!"

I'm caught off guard by a sudden fit of laughter coming from above.

That ominous feeling of my own demise slowly creepy back up on me, I can do nothing but fall silent as I look up at the blue servant.

"I've gotta say, you're pretty quick witted, kid. To think that you'd be able to come up with that in such a short amount of time," Lancer tilts his head up to the sky and laughs at me some more. But, after just a few seconds, he stops, turns to look back at me, and sets his eyes on me like I'm some sort of prey, "It's a shame, to be honest..."

"...!"

There's no explaining it... Rather, there's not much I can do to explain it.

Consciously, all I can comprehend in that following moment are Lancer's words... But, at the same time, my body recalls the most intense pain I've ever felt in my life. Striking right through my chest... A premonition of my own demise...

Lancer is attacking me...

-----

An impossible foe strikes. How will you respond?

1. Attack and hope to parry.
    2. Dodge to the side.
    3. Turn and run.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

If Lancer is anything like the Lancer we know, he'll probably try to finish us off in one hit as a sign of courtesy. Turning around without any kind of trick sounds bad.

He also has high ground and I am not even sure what methods of attacking/parrying we have. Sooo...

2. Let's dodge to the side.

Then we should Yolo into Tohsaka's home. Might be jumping from the frying pan into the oven if we even get that far, but it might hold at least a chance of survival.
    Last edited by hero; November 29th, 2014 at 09:24 PM.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar

Blog Entries

Lancer is probably too fast to hope to dodge successfully - I think our best bet is to try to parry, and running away sounds like it won't work out well.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Dranes's Avatar
    1. Attack and hope to paaaarry.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

Not with any hope of winning, mind you. Still, if it manages to avert that fatal blow, the attack will have done its job. It's an instinctual reaction of one who is attacked to defend themselves, regardless of how strong the foe's blow is. By taking the offensive, you'll put Lancer on the defensive, and if he's on the defensive, he won't be killing you.

Of course, a counterattack will take you out no matter what, but in the short term, it's the best plan.

Besides, by attacking instead of dodging or running, you irrevocably turn this exchange into the "combat" Lancer was tasked to avoid, putting him into conflict with his orders. If the command can hamper his performance somewhat, survival might become possible, if still unlikely.

Blog Entries

Parry then ripos- Oh wait we're not in Dark Souls. Still sounds like the best thing we can do though.