Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789

Thread: Elite: Dangerous

Hey, gotta make the money before I can outfit it... can't afford an armed setup yet, which would cost roughly about the amount of money I've made in the entirety of what I've played so far. Those 51 million 7A modules are expensive, and the Anaconda's got two of those...

That's basically what I've done with all the rest though. Upgrade to the best trading setup I can afford, whether it be a cargo hauler or stripped down multirole, and use that to fund the outfitting of the previous ship (T6 funded the Cobra's combat outfitting, and Asp's purchase; Asp funded the T7's purchase; T7 funded the Asp's smuggling outfitting and Clipper's purchase; Clipper funded purchase of the Python; Python funded Clipper's combat outfitting, and purchase + outfitting of FDL; Anaconda will fund the combat outfitting of the Python).
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

Re: long-range hauling missions such as that from Robigo.

Word is that the high paying smuggling ones (which are typically slaves) are still worth it to do, paying anywhere from 1 million (at the lower trade ranks) up to 10 million (at the highest trade rank), and only involve from 1-20 cargo so you can load up on a bunch of them before leaving the station.

The main catch is that the missions now fail if you get scanned with illegal cargo, so... one successful scan by an NPC, and ALL the delivery missions you've got going at the time will fail. Higher risk for the profit, which IMHO is pretty fair.

(However, players are getting around some of that because the cargo isn't marked unique, so they're selling off the slaves before leaving the station, and then repurchasing slaves at another port closer to the destination before delivering, so they have less chance of getting interdicted + scanned during the 400LY trip. I do have to question whether the extra time spent flying to another station to reacquire slaves make sense from a profit per unit time though).
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

For those who are still interested in doing long-range smuggling:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...nge_smuggling/

Taking another long trip, 12000 LY out:

Two small moons close to each other:

Crossed the Norma Expanse, another 3000 LY closer to the core.

Found an earthlike world!

I guess I'm the only one still playing? :P

After 2 months of travelling, have reached the opposite side of the galaxy:

Taking a break, before making the long trek home...

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Oh hey, you were were with those guys?

A survivor by the sounds of it.

(been a long very while and I only got to login once since Engineers. I got shot down.)
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Yeah, it was quite the experience.

Three and a half months out in the void. But since there were several hundred other players doing the same thing, you never were really alone. The organizers had set up specific 'base camps' and days we would be meeting up at them, so we could get together, do crazy antics in our SRV's, and just have a good time.

I kept track of my starting/finishing stats:

Distance traveled on this trip: 252685 light years (I took a few big detours along the way!)
    Systems visited: 8415

Made about 100 million selling the exploration data when I got home too (also took about 2 hours to sell it all...).

2.1 patch sounds like it's made the AI pretty nasty. I'm going to have to be careful...

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like a big roadtrip alright.

Isnt there a sell all exploration data on page option? Or does the thing goto multiple pages?

Yeah, I hear AI is nastier. But I died because I was trying to learn SRV combat and I was caught out by some AI Viper IV that came to shoot me down.
    I dunno atmospheric combat either.

Yup, there's a 'sell all on page', and they recently(?) increased the number of items on a page. But with 8000-some systems visited, that's still a lot of pages...

I still haven't tried facing against the new AI yet. All I've done since 2.1 is log on, fly my Courier back to 'home' base, and try on the decals . Might find some time this weekend...

US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Elite Dangerous' galaxy generation system predicted Trappist-1's seven planets pretty well.

Actually the entire star system, because they didn't actually have Trappist-1 in their original dataset.