Page 55 of 158 FirstFirst ... 5455053545556576065105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3142

Thread: TM Fanfics Index: Recommendations & Discussion. Updates never

Blog Entries
    But its a good pairing and theoretically it could work though.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    But its a good pairing and theoretically it could work though.
    But aren't you of the opinion that Archer pairs well with everything?

Like a slutty red wine
    Last edited by Imperial; January 25th, 2015 at 11:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    you know I dont really see bazett and archer. the chemistry doesnt really seem to be there
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Kinda in agreement with Tobias here. I don't see it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    But aren't you of the opinion that Archer's penis pairs well with everything?
    Nah, not really. There's a whole list of characters I couldn't see Archer with or would even attempt such a thing. Like Arc (even though Shirou could theoretically work), Hisui, Caster, pretty much anyone from KnK, and so on and so forth.

I'm hesitant to put Ciel on that list because there could be a chance that she gave him the holy cloth to make his mantle and butt cape. Then again, I'd see that as more of a teasing friend ship than anything romantic.

Plus F1's story had me dabble in some ArcherxBazett myself, even though it didn't end in lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    you know I dont really see bazett and archer. the chemistry doesnt really seem to be there
    They don't meet up in Hollow do they? (I do remember Jack showing me Bazett's eml and Archer admits she's really attractive which pissed Rin off.)

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    no, I just mean thinking about the pair of them. Bazett requires a certain level of...lets call it patience. Archer, despite his faux couldnt care less attitude, tends to meet someone, figure out whatever their flaws are, and pick on it until they either fix it or try to kill him.

Kirei, shirou, even avenger and lancer to a certain extent handled bazett like you would a cat. they threw her treats and scratched her ears every once in a while but generally were smart enough to wait till she came out of the corner on her own terms.

just me thinking out loud, but that doesnt sound like archer. Its only my opinion though, so don' let me stand in the way of anyone's fic or OTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    +1 to Fate/Far Side

Blog Entries
    +1 to Fate Shifted Origins

Fate Shifted Origins, at first glance, looked like something that would probably be bad. Its premise is that Tokiomi decided to give Rin to Zouken instead of Sakura, and is the story of the proceeding Fifth Holy Grail War. I thought it would probably be just a generic grail war fic at best, or a power trip SINO fic at worst. However, to my pleasant surprise, it has gone far and beyond anything I'd expected from it. The characterization is great, the changes all have made sense so far, and it's overall extremely interesting read. Barbarossa has done an excellent job taking a premise that I usually shy away from and have grown to associate with mediocre fanfiction and taken it in a direction that makes me anticipate every new chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Blog Entries
    + Fate Shifted Origins
    Well deserving of praise, especially in the personality and characterization aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

+ Fate Shifted Origins.
    Also, please, could any of you rec me fics with the whole Matou Rin concept?
    Lately I'm craving for them.
    By the way, + to ‘Within Shadows':
    https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10926324/1/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytte Myst View Post
    + Fate Shifted Origins.
    Also, please, could any of you rec me fics with the whole Matou Rin concept?
    Lately I'm craving for them.
    By the way, + to ‘Within Shadows':
    https://m.fanfiction.net/s/10926324/1/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    No it's not.

What I need to add a new story to the Index:
    • Link to the story.
    • Story name
    • A positive review of your own.
    • Plot synopsis. If your review gives the synopsis I can work with that. It must give the casual reader an idea of what's the fic about, hopefully in two lines, or so. About two tweets in length.
    You need to write out a review/synopsis, it's not on the rec list already.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if she adds a proper review: -1 to within Shadows. It has a fairly generic premise, which isn't a problem in and of itself, but it's not really executed that well. The characters didn't feel that interesting, the writing style felt pretty dry, it just--wasn't enjoyable to me.

On the other hand, it's not From Fake Dreams or Swords and Sorcery, it's not offensively bad. So there's that at least.
    Last edited by SINIB; February 4th, 2015 at 08:54 PM.

SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Well, it's about the tiger dojo 40, in which Sakura eats Rin and decides to make her ‘live' everything she lived.
    I liked it (but then I tend to like most things with Rin on them), because I honestly thought it interesting, to see Rin thinking it's all an illusion of shorts, kind of accepting the punishment her sister is putting her throught, whilst someohow hopping that Sakura will see (if Rin and Shirou are still in her, and haven't been shipped to another reality as a comment suggested), and the two sister will finally bond over, maybe after going on a Matou-murdering rampange.

More so, I just need more F/SN fics, and given the fact for my OTP there's only, like, 5, counting RadiantBeam's two one-shots, Matou!Rin (or just Grail!Rin) is my next best thing...

Is that enough?
    Last edited by Brytte Myst; February 4th, 2015 at 08:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    You're expecting Dark Sakura to in-character stop everything just because of the chance Rin would "accept her punishment"?
    That's...odd.
    And "Matou-murdering spree" isn't exactly possible in HF, considering Zouken and Sakura are the only ones left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytte Myst View Post
    Well, it's about the tiger dojo 40, in which Sakura eats Rin and decides to make her ‘live' everything she lived.
    I liked it (but then I tend to like most things with Rin on them), because I honestly thought it interesting, to see Rin thinking it's all an illusion of shorts, kind of accepting the punishment her sister is putting her throught, whilst someohow hopping that Sakura will see (if Rin and Shirou are still in her, and haven't been shipped to another reality as a comment suggested), and the two sister will finally bond over, maybe after going on a Matou-murdering rampange.

More so, I just need more F/SN fics, and given the fact for my OTP there's only, like, 5, counting RadiantBeam's two one-shots, Matou!Rin (or just Grail!Rin) is my next best thing...

Is that enough?
    I'd think so, although it's up to kyte, I'm pretty sure he's vetoed recs because he considers the review to be too shoddy, but I would edit this review into your previous post.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Nah I can work with the stuff split into two posts.

Thank you!
    And, no, I don't expect Dark Sakura to just stop it.
    I was thinking about after a lot of time, after Rin has really, really lived everything (or it to be really another world, so they could kill anoter Shinji and Zouken).
    Anyway, I'll edit later, from my pc or something...

Do you have any other Matou Rin fic?
    I've already read that Scrödiger Sisters... (anyone knows if it will be actualized?)

Also: +1 To Endless Dream
    Last edited by Brytte Myst; February 6th, 2015 at 05:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    (Meant to do this a while ago)

+1 to Crosswinds of Fate
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9340220...swinds-of-Fate

Without going into too much details, let's do this! CoF follows a rather generic plot: Zelretch decides to send Rin, Sakura, Shirou*, Saber and Rider** to Potter-verse, where, after interacting with the locals, they eventually become instructors at Hogwarts. Rather than take up the DADA post (the Frog still has this), they instead teach the subjects: Formulcraft and Runic Magic. This takes place during Book 5, where already there are some differences from canon (on Potter-side).

... If someone would like to go further with this base summary, then be my guest.

*Older versions
    **For reasons. His side story might illuminate that though.

Despite what you may say of the writing, I enjoy reading it. Sure, the prose might range from "decent" to "awful" at times, and some of the scenes might not be enjoyable to read at times, but it's still a fun fic to read whenever I get bored. I like reading the little interactions between the TM and HP characters, and HP-HP characters. (Not so with TM-TM though) I like the comparisons between TM and HP magic, the explanations and lectures were something I can get behind.

The fact that the author did not make the TM group the DADA is a plus on my book too. The jab at the other fics that used the "studying under a hermit in a foreign land" made me smile - that, and the first back-to-back conversation Rin and Dumbledore had too. History of Magic with Saber was good, though Shirou with Divination got overplayed a little.

It's not the best HP/TM story. But, it is one that I will recommended.

Any premise that include Zelretch in a Type-moon fanfiction is almost a guarantee of it being utter and complete shit.

The only exception I can think of is Lunatique

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arsdraconis View Post
    Any premise that include Zelretch in a Type-moon fanfiction is almost a guarantee of it being utter and complete shit.

The only exception I can think of is Lunatique
    Breakdown wasn't super-terrible.

And the surfing fics are WORKS OF GLORY
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Crosswinds of Fate is actually okay on the Zelretch front.

The problem is that it goes downhill as it progresses.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.