Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VTM: Clans

Banned

VTM: Clans

Which Clan reigns supreme?

Blog Entries
    Goku
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ravnos because I'm a dirty hindufag and that's the clan I'm currently playing.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Thedoctor's Avatar
    Is this Vampire the masquerade?

Gangrel because Beckett was so boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Is this Vampire the masquerade?
    yes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuradora View Post
    Gangrel because Beckett was so boss.

Blog Entries
    True Brujah are not a clan.

- - - Updated - - -

Voting on Gangrel, Nosferatu and Ventrue because they were only worthy to port to NWoD.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCaptainKatsura View Post
    True Brujah are not a clan.
    They're definitely a splinter faction and attribute their bloodline to Brujah rather than Troile, and I don't remember them being particularly fond of typical Brujah. As well as being cold and detached in contrast to the passionate and rebellious Brujah.

Just grouping them together with normal Brujah didn't feel right.

Blog Entries
    Gehenna scenario confirmed them being delusional and in fact descending from Troile. Going by that logic, Assamite should be split into three bloodlines, Laibon Legacies featured, et cetera.

Banned
    Gehenna scenario confirmed them being delusional and in fact descending from Troile.
    That's just in one of four of Gehenna's scenarios, and considering we're not sure which is canon it's not really a reliable source of information to use outside of storytelling and roleplaying. Unless of course you are using that specific scenario in your RP.

Going by that logic, Assamite should be split into three bloodlines, Laibon Legacies featured, et cetera.
    Not by that logic because the Assamites still derive their bloodlines by a single antediluvian Haqim, and the Shango faction is not specified to have a different progenitor.

Blog Entries
    Even assuming True Brujah derive from different Antedilluvian, they are not considered as a Clan in canon. The same way Cappadocians and Salubri are not considered Clans, only bloodlines because they got demoted through circumstances.

Interesingly, now Dark Ages 20 Laibon Legacies have their own origin stories and they are not tied specifically to any Antediluvian. They may not be Kindred.

Banned
    Even assuming True Brujah derive from different Antedilluvian, they are not considered as a Clan in canon. The same way Cappadocians and Salubri are not considered Clans, only bloodlines because they got demoted through circumstances.
    "We bear a great atrocity. In addition to stealing the blood of our clan father, they have stolen his name. We are the True Brujah, and one night the streets will flow with the blood of Troile's bastards."

They definitely consider themselves their own clan. Different attitudes, a disciplines unique to them (temporis), and a hatred for normal Brujah. The only credence you got for them not being their own clan is the Fair is Foul scenario where Brujah/Ilyes managed to escape his canonical death at the hands of Troile.

Interestingly, now Dark Ages 20 Laibon Legacies have their own origin stories and they are not tied specifically to any Antediluvian. They may not be Kindred.
    The last I checked the Laibon Legacies included even the Followers of Set, and the Ishtarri who are descended from the Toreador. In fact, all the clans with the exception of the Followers of Set are descended from one of the other Clans.

Blog Entries
    "We bear a great atrocity. In addition to stealing the blood of our clan father, they have stolen his name. We are the True Brujah, and one night the streets will flow with the blood of Troile's bastards."

And no one cares about their claims.

Good luck on that, since Brujah are more numerous by far. And good luck taking on Camarilla or Sabbat where Brujah hold membership.

The last I checked the Laibon Legacies included even the Followers of Set, and the Ishtarri who are descended from the Toreador. In fact, all the clans with the exception of the Followers of Set are descended from one of the other Clans.

Beta of new edition of Dark Ages mentions Legacies and none are attributed Antidiluvian progenitor. It's call changing stuff, thanks God it was written by NWoD team. I love subtle references to Strix.

If David Hill get green light, Kuei-Jin might be rewritten from scratch.

In theory X20 is 2nd ed with polished Revised mechanics, no metaplot and dumb stuff removed, but they started changing stuff a lot. Black Spiral Dancers are now portrayed in different way, there are new types of spirits in Werewolf, Mage will include new mechanics.
    Last edited by Kat; November 8th, 2014 at 01:44 PM.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why, of course that would be Gan*is dominated*VENTRUE ARE OUR NATURAL LORDS AND SUPERIORS.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    It's funny because in the other WoD Gangrel and Ventrue are hinted to have related origins. My personal theory is that Ventrue are NWoD Gangrel bloodline that reached enough power to elevate themselves to Clan status as the only bloodline in the history. Animalism, Resilience, Protean -> Animalism, Resilience, Dominate.

Banned
    And no one cares about their claims.

Good luck on that, since Brujah are more numerous by far. And good luck taking on Camarilla or Sabbat where Brujah hold membership.
    Which is exactly why no one will expect it when they wage their temporal time-war against the Brujah. They have the advantage of surprise.

As well as the ability to simply do things over if they did things wrong the first time. It will be like Groundhog Day except with more violence and less Bill Murray. Hopefully, I'm wrong about the less Bill Murray part.

Beta of new edition of Dark Ages mentions Legacies and none are attributed Antidiluvian progenitor. It's call changing stuff, thanks God it was written by NWoD team. I love subtle references to Strix.

If David Hill get green light, Kuei-Jin might be rewritten from scratch.

In theory X20 is 2nd ed with polished Revised mechanics, no metaplot and dumb stuff removed, but they started changing stuff a lot. Black Spiral Dancers are now portrayed in different way, there are new types of spirits in Werewolf, Mage will include new mechanics.
    Well, there's your problem I am talking OWoD not NWoD.

Which is why I said VTM: Clans and not VTR: Clans. As far as I know in the OWoD the Laibon Legacies with the exception of the Followers of Set are descended from one of the typical clans. They have the same antediluvians, have similar attitudes/appearances, and a similar affliction.

Akunanse are descended from the Gangrel, Guruhi from the Nosferatu, Osebo from the Brujah, Shango from the Assamites, Xi Dundu from the Lasombra, Kinyonyi from the Ravnos, and the Ishtarri from the Toreador as I mentioned already.

They're all off-shoots, and the Followers of Set are the only ones that are not descended from one of the other clans among the Laibon Legacies.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    jesus christ nobody cares
    If nobody does, there shouldn't be a discussion over this. And I don't even know what they're talking about.

Blog Entries
    Well, there's your problem I am talking OWoD not NWoD.

No, your precious "Revised" edition is retconed now that there is a new edition of OWoD.

Banned
    No, your precious "Revised" edition is retconed now that there is a new edition of OWoD.
    You mean by that kickstarter V20 Dark Ages and that it apparently retroactively alters canon despite that you only have a beta for it. That, and you haven't explained why it supersedes everything. Where exactly are you drawing this conclusion from within the beta or the manuscript for that matter.

****************************file/d/0B7F...BTcmVTNXc/view

Point me towards it.