Page 1 of 20 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated Rules and Punishment System

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Updated Rules and Punishment System

BL has changed.

Get your MGS4 jokes out of your system now. Don't worry, we'll wait.

Alright? Okay then. Even if some of you chuckleheads will probably add your jokes here, partway through, or at the end. We're on to you.

BL has changed and not for the better. BL used to be a much nicer place. Not in the sense that we held hands and sung kumbaya before heading in to watch Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood; we've always had a few bad apples and low points in our history. But overall BL was a lenient place to kick up your feet and speak your mind. If someone screwed up and they were told to cool their heads, most people listened. They shaped up, their offenses were forgotten, life moved on.

This is no longer the case.

We get more incidents of shitposting, sockpuppets, and people just plain trying to get banned like it's street cred. More and more users are outright gaming the system and don't even pretend to improve their behavior until they're just shy of a permaban. Then they sit back, wait out however long they think their cooldown is, and go right back to their old habits. We have watched with considerable frustration as people flaunted their bad behavior, but by the rules we set forth we felt obligated to follow procedure. Because this is a community, and dictatorship jokes aside, we do our best to run it like one. We try to be open about our policy, we spend considerable time and effort to help offenders become upstanding members instead of banning them and being rid of the problem, and above all we do our best to be fair.

The punishment system was designed to give people lots of chances. Two warnings, three levels of bans before perma, and we wipe the slate clean after a period of good behavior? That's incredibly forgiving. I personally was proud of how we could afford to be so.

That forgiveness has been abused and pretty much everyone knows it. So it is with a heavy heart that the administration and moderation team is announcing a new punishment system.

You still have two warnings, a private and a public. If you're especially offensive you'll go straight to public. These cooldowns have been extended, but if you make it past the grace period we will wipe the slate clean.

Bans, however, now operate on a three strikes system. A temp ban no longer expires and we will not wipe your slate clean. If you receive even a single temp ban, your next punishment will be a second ban. And after that, you will be permabanned.

Those who have been banned recently and are still on cooldown, you are currently on the level of a private warning.

The new punishment system is as follows:

Cooldown applies:

1. Private Warning
    2. Public Warning

No Cooldown:

3. First Tempban: One Week
    4. Second Tempban: Two Weeks
    5. Permaban

Yes, this is a much harder punishment system than BL used to have. It took a long time for us to all agree that this needs to be done, and even then it only happened because of the mounting evidence that the situation is not getting better.

To the great people still around who make BL a place people want to be, who go out of their way to give to the community and raise it to greater heights, keep being great. We're sorry that this affects you, but honestly we doubt this will ever be a concern for the people who are here to contribute and have a good time without ruining it for others. Maybe someday circumstances will arise where we don't need this system anymore. At the very least we may be able to give people more slack for good behavior, because everyone has bad days and we don't want to see people go just for that.

To the people who aren't part of this cult of personality, aren't especially great, who make honest mistakes or enjoy their barbs just a bit too much every now and then, and otherwise just hang around enjoying the atmosphere without making it at the expense of others, we want you just as much. For reals. For are we all not a group of not-great people admiring and basking in shared appreciation of the one great (if occasionally insane) Kinoko Nasu?

To the people who take delight in ruining the experiences of others, that this is a sanctioned and indelible aspect of the Beast's Lair and that they are duty bound to carry on some grand tradition? This is your group.

And we don't want you.

Have a nice day everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    now ban memeposting and we will get a second golden age
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    gg guys it was fun, i'm on skype and irc and steam
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Really if you want to clean it up get rid of Avalon. 90% of shitposting gone right there.

Apparently BL Jesus Umbra of Chaos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I vote for a preemptive ban on Hong Kong Walmart.

The meme is dead, long live the meme.

[3:24:35 PM] Italian Leo: i was never a faggot
    [3:24:42 PM] Italian Leo: but rather a shining ray of hope

I'm actually confused about this whole gaming the system thing.

Like, I can think of a few users who've had plenty of temps, but I really am not sure what I can identify as deliberate abuse of it.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post

Like, I can think of a few users who've had plenty of temps, but I really am not sure what I can identify as deliberate abuse of it.
    dont worry, we can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra of Chaos View Post
    I vote for a preemptive ban on Hong Kong Walmart.
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    now ban memeposting and we will get a second golden age
    you can't have a golden age without food

Blog Entries

do you want an example or are you satisfied with knowing that you are wrong

like even if its not gaming the system theres cases of people being told to knock it off and just continuing on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Satehi View Post
    you can't have a golden age without food
    when are you ready, we all know who has to take the mantle

Apparently BL Jesus Umbra of Chaos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reiu?

The meme is dead, long live the meme.

[3:24:35 PM] Italian Leo: i was never a faggot
    [3:24:42 PM] Italian Leo: but rather a shining ray of hope

do you want an example or are you satisfied with knowing that you are wrong

like even if its not gaming the system theres cases of people being told to knock it off and just continuing on

- - - Updated - - -

.......I mean, I don't like to be mean.

I just like to think that people aren't actively abusing the system.....

aside from maybe GaRbS

maybe Break, and Magos, and christemo etc etc

OK, so there might be plenty of users actually doing the whole not knocking off the bad behavior thing
    Last edited by Megas; November 7th, 2014 at 11:01 PM.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can remember a few cases. One was named sjack. They showed up once every few months, spewed bile, and then disappeared. In that particular cases, we just permabanned him and were done with it.

Other cases, it mostly amounted to persistent flaming or trolling. They get too close to the permaban, they quiet down for a few months, and then we're back where we started.

Or just people who hit private or public, quiet down for a while, then get back to their old tricks.

We're very frustrated with handing out warnings for the same offenses. Never mind having to call as many of us together in order to decide whether or not to ban the same people for the same reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    Seconded.
    Thirded.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    (funnily enough he's clean right now)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    That's a good point actually, now that the bans are basically tear tattoos only cool kids are allowed to get are you still going to hand out the same warnings for spoilers and shit, because I'd rather not have the system neutered in some roundabout way through this.

Blog Entries
    So, you mentioned shitposting. What kind of shitposting are we talking about?

SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Blog Entries
    That's a good point actually, now that the bans are basically tear tattoos only cool kids are allowed to get are you still going to hand out the same warnings for spoilers and shit, because I'd rather not have the system neutered in some roundabout way through this.
    There will be absolutely no difference, or change, in the way we judge infractions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Will shitposting like what happens in the ufo thread be punishable?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    There will be absolutely no difference, or change, in the way we judge infractions.
    im crying guys hold me