Your choice you cannot outrun
    Lies and truth are this tale
    In the end there was just one
    Who found the Mocking Grail

In the end there was just one

And then there were none

12th of January, 2010
    Near Hokkaido, off the coast of Japan

The cold, unforgiving island of Tengetsu. A city wrapped in mysteries tighter than the blanket of snow it is wearing. The annual "Great Blizzard" is approaching; a huge snow storm that cuts off the island from the rest of the world for weeks. Locals are not the only ones who are there to enjoy this odd local phenomena, but tourists, too, have gathered in droves to witness the spectacle. The small town once under the occupation of Nazi Germany is now a prosperous, shining beacon of light for the rest of Japan. Though the dark days of the past still occasionally cast their shadows, and though sinister mysteries raise their heads every now and then, everything seems to be peaceful this winter...

... until the beginning of the Second Heaven's Moon.

A great ritual meant to bring forth the Mocking Grail, an omnipotent vessel that is said to grant miracles to those who obtain it. And to obtain it, one must fight in a war. War that is fought between nine people, nine Masters. Nine Masters and nine Servants.

Masters - People from around the world with supernatural talents.

Servants - Heroic Spirits summoned to the modern age to enter a bloody melee to death.

You are one of these nine, either a Servant or a Master. You've been invited by the call of a mysterious letter, and three red brands appearing on you. Someone, or something, on this freezing cold island requests your presence... and you have decided to answer. Perhaps to find the truth. Perhaps to know why. Perhaps to simply win. Perhaps to have your wish granted. Perhaps to enjoy the deaths of others.

Your reasons are your own.

The only thing expected of you...

... is to win.

Fate/Moon White Redux is a forum roleplay that serves as a re-telling of the original Fate/Moon White that was never finished. With slight tweaks made to the system and with a brand new rulebook, the Holy Grail War of Tengetsu is taken to new heights. This is no high school island floating in the sky. This is a cold and dark place, where vicious mysteries try to obstruct you from proceeding. This is a place where you must either fight or die, as alliances are unlikely. In other words, this is the true essence of a Holy Grail War condensed. There are no Gamemaster-determined enemies to fight. The only enemies you must defeat to win are other players. Fair or unfair, clean or dirty, honorable or dastardly... how you decide to tackle this war is up to you. Even whether you are a Servant or a Master is up to you.

But remember: there can be only one winner.

Everything you need to get started can be found in the rulebook. The rulebook, on the other hand, can be found here.

And here is a link to a .doc version.

There are some rules that should be good to know before entering this game. Here is the current list, which may grow if players are determined to... fool around.

Rules
    Incidentally, there are some ground rules that are in effect for all and every player. Call it "learning from old mistakes."

1. No Simo Häyhä as a Servant
    2. No Lesbian Joan of Arc
    3. No loli Joan of Arc
    4. NO LESBIAN LOLI JOAN OF ARC
    5. No Insta-Summoning the moment you get out of plane
    6. Powerplayers are mercilessly cut down
    7. Minmaxers are mercilessly cut down
    8. Loophole exploiters are mercilessly cut down
    9. Rulebook is subject to change if some things are not found working. It is a big thing, and there's always something to tweak.
    10. There is no direct choosing method of players. After all, there are 18 spots to claim, so that should be enough.
    11. That being said, if there is competition, the most interesting character/concept will win. Not the strongest or the coolest.

More might be added if the need be.

Stuff of Importance
    Prana Regeneration Chart
    Prana Regeneration Chart
    Masters
    E = 100 l 40
    D = 200 l 80
    C = 300 l 120
    B = 400 l 160
    A = 600 l 240

Servants
    E = 150 l 60
    D = 200 l 80
    C = 300 l 120
    B = 400 l 160
    A = 700 l 280

Summoning Ritual Chant
    Ye first, O silver, O iron. O stone of the foundation, O Archduke of the Contract.
    Hear me in the name of my great teacher, [______].
    Let the descending winds be as a wall.
    Let the gates in all directions be shut, rising above the crown, and let the three-forked roads to the Kingdom revolve.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.
    Fill
    Shut.

Five perfections for each repetition. And now, let the filled sigils be annihilated in my stead.
    — I announce.
    Let thy body rest under my dominion, let my fate rest in thy blade.
    It thou submitteth to the call of our ritual, and if thou wilt obey this mind, this reason, then thou shalt respond!
    —I make my oath here.
    I am the person who is to become the virtue of all Heaven.
    I am that person who is covered with the evil of all Hades.
    [Additional Lines]
    Thou seven heavens, clad in a trinity of words, come past thy restraining rings! Guardian of the Heavenly Scales—!

Additional Lines for Berserker:

—Yet, thou serves with thine eyes clouded in chaos. Thou, bound in the cage of madness. I am he who commands those chains!

Additional Lines for Assassin

—Thou art my shadow, thy form will not be seen. As the silent guardian, my will shall be thy duty. One of the nameless, bearing a mask of white death!

Tengetsu Encyclopedia

Characters

Kichiro Aohara
    The resident class-clown of 2-B. A young man who dreams big, but lives surprisingly small. His family owns a ramen restaurant in the old town.

Keiko Fukui
    The homeroom teacher of class 2-B. A little distant and rather serious woman, she puts academic success above everything else. Old friends with Tetora Fujimura.

Munechika Hakushima
    The third oldest sibling out of the four who guard the current mayor. Munechika is soft-spoken and solemn individual who believes his boss is the only hope the island of Tengetsu has. Like the rest of his siblings, he is experienced in both weapons and supernatural means of fighting.

Mika
    One of the prostitutes living in Shushin Koushi. Known to be quite the drinker. Hears perhaps more secrets than anyone else in town.

Annabelle McKlennington
    One of the two current heads of the Vollmond Theater. A sweet and caring individual, and an accomplished magus on her own right.

Sensei
    Jiboujiki Clinic’s acting doctor. “Sensei” is, of course, not his real name, but that’s the only name he’s ever given to anyone. His methods may be weird, but no one can deny his skills. Hates people.

Yuina Yukimura
    An aloof woman who owns the Gongujoudo hot springs inn. Some say she’s the weirdest person on the island, and anyone who meets him can agree. Still, she runs a fine establishment.

Yamaichi no Izumi
    The blind young girl who acts as the assistant of priestess Sourokurou. Quiet and demure, she seems mostly concerned by the well-being of the Masters. Though she does not talk much, she gets what she means across well-enough. Is in love with various old puzzle-games, and may often offer mysterious hints to Masters visiting the shrine.

Rain Fereshgical
    South African Executor who has become something of a sensation on the island. His cheerful attitude and contagious grin have made him a liked figure, and because of that, he has the most contact with the locals out of all the Church members on Tengetsu. Still, despite his happy-go-lucky mindset, he should not be taken lightly. He is accomplished fighter and a pious believer.

Kairi Kato
    A normal high schooler living in Tengetsu City. Still, rumors say that this hot-headed young girl has seem some strange things happening at night in her neighborhood…

Matthias Loch
    One of the two current heads of the Vollmond Theater. Young man with a fervent passion towards acting.

Amber Farfield
    A police officer at the Tengetsu Police Station. Mostly in charge of refilling the coffeemaker and flowering all the potted plants she brings to the office.

Otsue taiyu
    The current owner of Shushin Koushi. A woman who holds surprising amount of power in the city, and uses it to protect her “daughters.”

Sayokuni Hakushima
    The youngest sibling out of the master swordsmen who defend the mayor of Tengetsu whenever someone threatens his life. Sayokuni, while not as talented as the other three, makes it up with the density of the inhumane blood running within. Still, Sayokuni does not shy away from a sword-battle. This youngest member of the Hakushima lineage might be a bit awkward and serious-minded, but that does not hamper the skill Sayokuni’s sword is wielded.

Chelsea Mackeroch
    It is often said that without Chelsea, life on Cross & Grace would be extremely boring. This beyond-optimistic girl is full of energy like a particularly excited hamster on a sugar-rush. And while she might be ditzy and an oddball, she often notices things others might not, making her an invaluable partner when it comes to detecting enemies of mankind. Has quite the sweet-tooth.

Muire Gullivan
    Irish Executor who acts as a second-in-charge for Cross & Grace. Whispers say that this man has been acknowledged as a Saint by the Holy Church, yet there has been no official announcement. Still, he managed to defeat a Dead Apostle Ancestor that plagued his homeland of Ireland (though the vampire escaped.) Calm and collected, he is willing to listen to anyone before making any decisions.

Meiji Myoujingata
    The current police chief of Tengetsu. Avid mystery novel fan, and always ready to get to the bottom of lies that cover the island he calls home.

Ruler
    The mysterious Servant who serves under the supervisor of Heaven's Moon, Sourokurou Mochizuki. Wild and unpredictable, but still exists for the sole reason of upholding the laws and rules of the ritual. Those who defile the ritual will meet their punishment swiftly and without mercy.

Tetora Fujimura
    The current head of the yakuza family of the island, Fujimura Group. A woman with a mean streak ten miles long, and a former purowrestler. Do not call her a “Bengal Tiger.”

Zenko Kourou
    The maid of the Fujimura family. A cold individual who is master of harsh words, her lung capacity is said the be out of this world. Is also an apparent master of broom, wielding it like naginata against the plethora of pigeons that try to roost on the roofs of the estate.

Old Man
    An old man sometimes spotted on the streets. Likes to talk, even if he is a bit grouchy.

Lady Chìhóng
    Owner of the Koharubiyori Inn. A Chinese immigrant and bit of an odd bird in Tengetsu. Quite the gossiper.

Servant Status Screens

Invoker's Minion

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the thread. I'll try to answer whenever one crops up.

Characters

Last edited by Verg Avesta; March 7th, 2015 at 02:10 PM.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wanna participate, will play Master, already got an idea.

Hey toby, wanna be mah savanto?

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Name:  2688236-7696402723-scann.jpg
Views: 2252
Size:  24.6 KB

I am Caster. I will kill everyone who challenges me for the spot.

...I mean it guys. Don't play with me.
    Last edited by Mellon; November 9th, 2014 at 10:24 PM.

Reserving Master spot for old time's sake. Though if Morm joins, I'll trade him the York Torch for a Servant spot.

Will apply for MW Berserker again. Hopefully I can get it again

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    I would like to say I am competing for the spot of Archer.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    What's this about?

I never was the original.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Maybe Assassin as long as i dont have to hassan.
    Or Rider.

Blog Entries
    I would like to participate (newfag though I am) as a Servant. At least, that's what I'm thinking.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Servant probably archer but maybe assassin, this should be interesting regardless though.

Masutaa represent.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    What's this about?

I never was the original.
    Basically, an RP that started the whole Ashaverse deal. Happens before both Somnium Summer and Regalia.

One of the old guys can probably give a better description. However, it's basically Grail War and heavy mystery stuff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vritra View Post
    Servant probably archer but maybe assassin, this should be interesting regardless though.
    i will murder you for that spot

Blog Entries
    Since I have had a long time to prepare for this, here will be a bit of a taster of the sheet I am submitting. Since the old folks already know my sheet identity from the last time (and I have no intention to change), this will bring the newcomers up to speed, I guess.

“What is this? Have mages fallen so far that they need to hide in shadows and cower before the eyes of mankind? Fools, all of you. If you cannot even solve a basic problem like that, then magecraft deserves to be lost to the mists of time!”

“We are the true rulers of this world. Not the mystical beasts that roam its surface. Not the alien spirits fleeing their dead rock in the sky. Not even the will of the Planet will stop us or hold us back.”

“And once this world takes its last gasping breaths and comes to its predestined end, we will move beyond this shell that gave birth to us and truly become what we were meant to be.”

“Weakness? Lack of power? Your perspective is distorted, ______. We have already brought this world to its knees, banished its beasts to the shadow, killed its heavenly rulers and usurped their thrones. “

“The Age of Gods is long gone, my friend. The Age of Man is upon us.”

“One man may be weak. He may be pitiful and cowardly. But mankind? Why, its the greatest monster this planet has ever created.”

"We are legends, brother. If we do not perform the impossible, who will?"

"Now. Shall we inspire the next generation of heroes?"

Caster

King Solomon the Wise

Lord of Wonders, King of Mages

Last edited by Mellon; November 9th, 2014 at 10:47 PM.

Bring it on turtle.

(you'll probably win)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Basically, an RP that started the whole Ashaverse deal. Happens before both Somnium Summer and Regalia.

One of the old guys can probably give a better description. However, it's basically Grail War and heavy mystery stuff.
    Ashaverse? Regalia?

Oh, those RP franchises with their own subforums.

Hmm...I don't have any cool historical Servant profiles ready to go, so I'll express interest in a Master role I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Remember, none of you guys will be as bad as lesbian loli Jeanne d'Arc. Believe in yourself and dreams shall come true.

Blog Entries
    I am prepared for the return of Simo. This is a fact and a thing that will, most assuredly, happen.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Ashaverse? Regalia?

Oh, those RP franchises with their own subforums.
    Franchises? We're a franchise now?

WHERE IS MY MONEY

Also, the OP has been updated with some basic rules.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Franchises? We're a franchise now?

WHERE IS MY MONEY?

Also, the OP has been updated with some basic rules.
    Wait, so I can pay you and make a canonical Ashaverse spin-off? >.>