Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 49121314

Thread: Define 'Shitposting'

Blog Entries
    hoo boy

Assuming one does not develop a Stockholm Syndrome.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Now I'm not really sure if I'm reading this right, but what I get out of it is that you feel that the forum declined because you stopped posting out of the 7th, and that BL is more hostile and irredeemable than 4chan.

Which, uh, sorta boggles my mind.
    You got the first point wrong. I'm saying the I feel the forum declined because I stayed mainly at the Elders without thinking of what's happening outside it, and I only ventured when the whole attitude of the forum became bad.

As for the second, yes. I am saying that BL is more hostile than 4chan now. But irredeemable? I would not stay here if it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Or just taking a break or something, nobody forces you to hang out in the enviroment you don't like.
    Well, I do visit another forum which I would not disclose because it is irrelevant to the subject at hand. In there, I am in good graces with them, I don't have arguments and I feel like the main draw of the forum is still alive.

Blog Entries
    So you think you, personally, could have prevented it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    I would, if I liked the attitude. In fact, I'm just adapting now with the hostility I am having.
    Which I said you should avoid because acting like an e-thug or whatever won't help things even if it for a moment it helps relieve any anxiety or stress, and sometimes even when you keep your temper there are things that are going to happen regardless. You can't control other people, and you can't change other people. Not when they don't want to change. It has to be of their own volition.

Now I'm not really sure if I'm reading this right, but what I get out of it is that you feel that the forum declined because you stopped posting out of the 7th, and that BL is more hostile and irredeemable than 4chan.

Which, uh, sorta boggles my mind.
    I disagree with that as well as there was only one time I can think of when BL was as bad 4chan let alone worse.

Then again, the difference between 4chan and BL is the latter is a much smaller community so you notice things more than you would with 4chan which you can miss under god knows how many horrifying topics. I have the feeling that Ivan is just saying that because of his own sampling bias, and through sheer luck he managed to find a pocket within it that was not as hostile.

No offense to you Ivan.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdoom View Post
    So you think you, personally, could have prevented it?
    Maybe. Or maybe, I would have not get surprised at all when I first see the signs, then maybe provided some leverage of civility before it all turned too hostile that I can't even have an argument without turning hostile myself.

Ivan, I think it's better for you to take a little break.
    You're too frustrated at the moment. (No offense to you.)
    And continue with this situation you're in doesn't help you.

Quote Originally Posted by KosakiFag View Post
    Why don't you love him too then?
    You're both Grails.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vizorsama View Post
    Ivan, I think it's better for you to take a little break.
    You're too frustrated at the moment. (No offense to you.)
    And continue with this situation you're in doesn't help you.
    I'm not really frustrated anymore, just bitter. But, at least, I'm telling you the things I want to say now.

Banned
    Maybe. Or maybe, I would have not get surprised at all when I first see the signs, then maybe provided some leverage of civility before it all turned too hostile that I can't even have an argument without turning hostile myself.
    Ivan there was nothing you could do. You're not God it's not like everything you can do will shape the world. Sometimes what influence you could have had would have been nothing of significance. Who knows maybe it could have made things worse rather better. If you focus too much on what ifs you will have nothing but regrets.

You got the first point wrong. I'm saying the I feel the forum declined because I stayed mainly at the Elders without thinking of what's happening outside it, and I only ventured when the whole attitude of the forum became bad.
    Combining this statement and your tendency to reference people actively conspiring behind your back, I'll have to conclude that you greatly overestimate your influence and presence in the forum.

As for the second, yes. I am saying that BL is more hostile than 4chan now. But irredeemable? I would not stay here if it was.
    I don't think I've seen more than 10 posts from you in the Type-MOON section of the board since 2012. So excuse me if I don't think you're the most 'qualified' person to talk about GD hostility and shitposting.

I'm not really frustrated anymore, just bitter. But, at least, I'm telling you the things I want to say now.
    Watch out with being bitter.
    Because I know from experience that people won't take you seriously/don't listen anymore.
    Reason: They would think it's useless, because of flaming or insulting. (Not saying you do that all the time, but remember that people can get that image of you.)

Quote Originally Posted by KosakiFag View Post
    Why don't you love him too then?
    You're both Grails.

Blog Entries
    So, since he does not post there anyway, why he does bother with complaints about sections he rarely frequents?

Banned
    When did Ivan say he was complaining about the Type-Moon section and not general?

As all the grieviences I have seen him had with others happened in the 7th and general.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    Ivan there was nothing you could do. You're not God it's not like everything you can do will shape the world. Sometimes what influence you could have had would have been nothing of significance. Who knows maybe it could have made things worse rather better. If you focus too much on what ifs you will have nothing but regrets.
    I was not trying to be God. I was rather trying to be a point of convergence in BL's progression as a forum. I mean, if Gavrilo Princip didn't shoot Archduke Franz Ferdinand, maybe World War 1 wouldn't start, at least in that way. And he was just one man, he didn't really even matter. Same thing with me or any of us. Maybe, if I did something instead of nothing, maybe something would have changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Combining this statement and your tendency to reference people actively conspiring behind your back, I'll have to conclude that you greatly overestimate your influence and presence in the forum.
    I'm not saying that people conspire behind my back. I'm saying that people tend to talk each others' backs, it's not just me and I know this because I was in the Skype main chat once. Who the hell told you that I think people are conspiring behind my back?

I don't think I've seen more than 10 posts from you in the Type-MOON section of the board since 2012. So excuse me if I don't think you're the most 'qualified' person to talk about GD hostility and shitposting.
    I'm not just talking of the TM section, I'm talking in general.

Banned
    I was not trying to be God. I was rather trying to be a point of convergence in BL's progression as a forum. I mean, if Gavrilo Princip didn't shoot Archduke Franz Ferdinand, maybe World War 1 wouldn't start, at least in that way. And he was just one man, he didn't really even matter. Same thing with me or any of us. Maybe, if I did something instead of nothing, maybe something would have changed.
    There's also the possibility nothing would have happened or maybe you might have added fuel to the fire.

That's the problem with what ifs.

Blog Entries
    There's also the possibility nothing would have happened or maybe you might have added fuel to the fire.

That's the problem with what ifs.
    Does that mean should not try to do something because maybe nothing or something worse will happen? It's like cooking a recipe for the first time: Does that mean I shouldn't try because I might fail?

Banned
    Does that mean should not try to do something because maybe nothing or something worse will happen? It's like cooking a recipe for the first time: Does that mean I shouldn't try because I might fail?
    No, it becomes a problem when the moment you're thinking of changing has come and past. If you want to try that in the future next time during a similar event then sure go ahead and try but unless you have a time-machine it's pointless to worry about that.

Blog Entries
    No, it becomes a problem when the moment you're thinking of changing has come and past. If you want to try that in the future next time during a similar event then sure go ahead and try but unless you have a time-machine it's pointless to worry about that.
    I know. So that's why I am acting right now, so I wouldn't regret anything in the future.

Banned
    When did Ivan say he was complaining about the Type-Moon section and not general?

As all the grievances I have seen him had with others happened in the 7th and general.
    To clarify, this was directed at this:

As I don't understand why someone complaining about GD in General and who frequents the GD in General would need to frequent the TM section to understand what's going on in GD in General.