Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Vagrant Travels the World, Wants to Meet BL Members

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAbsolutistsCreed View Post
    I'm half Philippino myself. You think I like admitting it? Hell, on the way to my grandparents house, on one of the many tiny islands that make up the Philippines (I don't remember the exact name, I could ask my mom though...) we had come across a bunch of guys with AK-47's. And if I was the age I was now, I'd probably agree with my stepfather in saying that I thought I was going to get shot. When I was 11, I actually hardly noticed them until we were on our way again. I'll admit seeing that kind of thing was quite a shock.
    Oh, come on. It's not all bad. If you're in the provinces near Imperial Manila (specially in Region 3), extremist groups aren't that much of a threat. The way you say, it sounds like the entire country is infested with crazy terrorists.

C-Rank Presence Ignored TheAbsolutistsCreed's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    068,149,146/IGN: Emprisk
    I will admit it's not that bad to people who have been living there and got used to the environment. Thankfully we didn't take that trip in the middle of winter (I'm from Pennsylvania), or I would have gone crazy. It's simply a matter of what I'm used to.

I can hardly say the country is full of them when that is all I saw just the one time on one particular island.

Then again with USA bureaucracy being the head pimp of the world, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that stuff like this pops up.
    Last edited by TheAbsolutistsCreed; November 24th, 2014 at 04:29 PM.
    US Story Support:

Blog Entries
    Apparently there are still rednecks driving around in pickups, toting guns and Confederate flags, back where my aunt lives in Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    Oh, come on. It's not all bad. If you're in the provinces near Imperial Manila (specially in Region 3), extremist groups aren't that much of a threat. The way you say, it sounds like the entire country is infested with crazy terrorists.
    Almost sounds like a perfect setup for a Far Cry game.

But yeah, it's really not that bad.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Anyone know anything about Myanmar/Burma? That's where I intend to be in a week and while I don't think there are any BL guys who live there, if anyone's been there the info would be good.

Blog Entries
    If you are ever in Illinois just give me a shout I'd totally wouldn't mind driving to meet you somewhere.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAbsolutistsCreed View Post
    I will admit it's not that bad to people who have been living there and got used to the environment. Thankfully we didn't take that trip in the middle of winter (I'm from Pennsylvania), or I would have gone crazy. It's simply a matter of what I'm used to.

I can hardly say the country is full of them when that is all I saw just the one time on one particular island.

Then again with USA bureaucracy being the head pimp of the world, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that stuff like this pops up.
    Wow, two posts with full paragraphs for someone who doesn't like to admit it. O.O

Ah, well. Each country had its good and bad sides. Please don't single out the Philippines as the only one who had its bad sides.

Between the country you live in and Manila's traffic, I choose the latter.

It's up to Vagrant - sensei though if he wants to visit it or not.
    Last edited by hayate; December 13th, 2014 at 08:51 AM.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Blog Entries
    Eh, probably even a questionable First World country is a better choice, just settle in the state where Republicans are not the majority.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I'm going to the Philippines. Got a friend there who'll let me crash at her place for a month and right now free accommodation is amazing.

Also it's the cheapest place in the nearby area to get my PADI qualifications for diving, so it'll be a month of beaches and reefdiving. Fucking magnificent.

Unless I get kidnapped, in which case fuck the Philippines.

Blog Entries
    Crashing at a friend's place and freeloading is amazing indeed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Oh, I'm going to the Philippines. Got a friend there who'll let me crash at her place for a month and right now free accommodation is amazing.

Also it's the cheapest place in the nearby area to get my PADI qualifications for diving, so it'll be a month of beaches and reefdiving. Fucking magnificent.

Unless I get kidnapped, in which case fuck the Philippines.
    Oh, the chances of getting kidnapped are rather low in the provinces. Like I said before, stay away from Metro Manila like the plague and you'll be fine. Oh, and prepare yourself for the white-guy curiosity and worship (to a number of Filipinos, white people are the closest things to angels). Where are you staying btw?

Blog Entries
    Not sure, haven't figured it out that far just yet.

Blog Entries
    (to a number of Filipinos, white people are the closest things to angels).
    Centuries of constant reinforcement by Spaniards and Americans breed results.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Centuries of constant reinforcement by Spaniards and Americans breed results.
    They do. Activists don't call the current president "America's bitch" for nothing.
    I recommend staying somewhere in the middle of the archipelago (ie Cebu, Aklan) since that's where most of the water would be, though provinces in Luzon near the coastline (ie Pangasinan, Ilocos, in the north, and nearly the entire Region Five to the south) should also pay off.

Blog Entries
    I'm more worried though about their youth's obsession with K-pop. It's a feat to fall lower.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I'm more worried though about their youth's obsession with K-pop. It's a feat to fall lower.
    That, and trashy romance novels on Wattpad. Sometimes they mash both together and create trashy fanfiction of Siwon and whoever falling in love. Literally worse than ebola.

Blog Entries
    The horror...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    They do. Activists don't call the current president "America's bitch" for nothing.

I recommend staying somewhere in the middle of the archipelago (ie Cebu, Aklan) since that's where most of the water would be, though provinces in Luzon near the coastline (ie Pangasinan, Ilocos, in the north, and nearly the entire Region Five to the south) should also pay off.
    My vague plan was to hit up Manila for a few days when I land, then head to Baklavod and then Cebu to fly out of the country. With maybe a few more places in between, including a motherfucking volcano.

Blog Entries
    If you hit Europe, don't forget about Etna, Stromboli and Vesuvius.

Blog Entries
    My vague plan was to hit up Manila for a few days when I land, then head to Baklavod and then Cebu to fly out of the country. With maybe a few more places in between, including a motherfucking volcano.
    Baklavod? I think you mean Bacolod, unless there's actually a place named that.

The area around Mount Mayon is currently closed due to recent ash flows or something, sorry. If you really wanna see a volcano, you might want to go to Tagaytay or Bataan instead to take a look at the Taal volcano (it looks better from Tagaytay, since it's on a higher elevation imo), or go north to Region Three and take a peek at Mount Pinatubo. I hear there are sulfur springs near the volcano and inside the caldera that are worth visiting.
    Last edited by Nuclear; December 14th, 2014 at 09:42 AM.