Page 1 of 10 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Into The Rain

Blog Entries

Into The Rain

Disclaimer: I own nothing related to Fate/Stay Night. Though I wished I owned Rin. Or Saber. I'd like that a lot.

Author's Notes: Just some basic notes/warnings before I get this story underway: light dash of AU, and a non-can pairing that focuses on lesbian incest. Also, my update schedule is absolutely horrific. My pace makes Moczo look like a king.

Anyhoodle, onwards!

Into The Rain

Chapter 1: As A Result of Bad Planning

The instant Tohsaka Rin burst out of the church doors and into the rain, she knew she'd made two major mistakes.

One, she didn't have an umbrella. The rain was coming down hard, and was as cold as ice. At this rate, she'd be soaked to the bone within a minute or two, perhaps even less.

Two, despite how she had spoken to Shirou, she had absolutely no plan for actually killing Sakura. It hadn't occurred to her that events could transpire this quickly, or that Sakura's condition would worsen this fast. She had a knife on her at the moment, but that was it.

It'll do.

Water splashed up from puddles she ran through and drenched her legs and skirt completely, sending a harsh chill through her body from the bottom up, but the heir of Tohsaka paid it no mind. She needed to think; where would Sakura go? The purple-haired girl had heard everything she and Shirou had said (and if it was truly because of some kind of structural defect in the church, she would eat her dagger), which meant that she knew how both of them stood on the issue. It made sense, then, to assume that if Sakura was running, she would run somewhere she felt safe.

It all clicked into place then. Shirou's house. If there was one place Sakura had ever truly felt safe, it was at her Senpai's house. Skidding sharply and pivoting on her heel, Rin shot away from her previous direction and headed back towards Shirou's home. If anything, she could stay there and wait until they both returned home; she knew that right about now, the boy was probably out in the rain looking for Sakura just as she was. It would kill two birds with one stone, easily.

She was amazed she didn't slip as she ran, practically a red blur of movement through the rain as she finally reached the bridge; at the speed she was going, she should have fallen and at least broken her leg by now. So fast did she run and so determined was she to reach the other side of the bridge that it was only by chance that she saw a flash of purple out of the corner of her eye. She stumbled and halted, panting, as she peered over the rail to the park below.

"… Sakura."

Why was she at the park? How long had she been standing there, doing nothing? Even from up on the bridge, Rin could see her sister was completely soaked by the cold rain. Why hadn't she gone back to Shirou's house? She had to have known she would be an easy target standing out in the open, in an area like this.

One shot. Right from here. She won't even know what hit her.

Shaking the thought from her head, Rin headed to the other side of the bridge. After a moment's hesitation, she walked down to the park.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Sakura."

She called to her as if greeting her as they passed each other by in the hallway; Sakura flinched, her fingers tightening against her skirt, before she slowly lifted her eyes, meeting Rin's calm, emotionless blue gaze. "Tohsaka-senpai," she whispered back, and hated herself for trembling.

Briefly, she wondered how long Rin had been out in the rain; the girl looked as soaked as she was.

"You know why I'm here, right?" The older girl spoke softly, gently, as if speaking to a cornered animal. In some ways, she probably was. From behind her back, tucked under her shirt, she pulled her knife free. Even in the icy rain, the blade gleamed faintly.

Sakura swallowed hard and nodded, wrapping her arms tightly around herself. It was no secret why Rin was looking for her; she'd known from the moment she'd fled the church that if her sister found her, it would be all over. And even if she hadn't known that, the fact that the older girl had a knife with her spoke volumes about her intentions. Her nails dug almost painfully into her arms, easily piercing through the material of her school uniform to the skin below. "May I… make a request?" she asked, her voice just as soft as Rin's.

Rin hesitated, then nodded. She owed Sakura that much, at least. "Go ahead."

The younger girl smiled, looking completely at peace with what was about to happen. "Please be as painless as possible, Nee-san." Her voice cracked, trembled, and strengthened again. "I don't like being hurt."

Content that at the very least Rin was kind enough to grant her this one small wish, Sakura sighed softly and closed her eyes. She didn't want to see her own sister move to kill her, and the darkness of her closed eyelids was soothing.

And she waited for death to come.

She called me Nee-san.

Rin was frozen; her fingers tightened almost painfully around the hilt of the knife, but she couldn't force the muscles in her legs to move. She knew now was the best chance she had of killing Sakura; now, when they were alone and Sakura was completely unarmed, even willing to die. So why wasn't she killing her?

She called me Nee-san.

She forced herself to move, feeling completely numb from the inside out; the sound of falling rain was practically a roar in her throbbing brain. But even as she moved, she knew she wasn't running; she was only taking a step, one at a time, simply walking. It only took her seconds to cross the distance and stand in front of Sakura, but those same seconds seemed to stretch on for an eternity.

At this distance, she had two ways of killing Sakura: slitting her throat, or stabbing her in the chest. If done right, both deaths would be quick and painless, just as her sister had requested. It was simply a matter of deciding which area she wanted to attack. Her arm lifted, almost without her even being aware that she had given it the command to move; the blade pressed against Sakura's throat.

The younger girl inhaled sharply, trembled, then went still. She never even opened her eyes. The blade only pressed lightly against her skin, but it was enough to open a small cut so that a thin red stream of blood flowed down her neck.

It would be so easy to cut her.

You said you would kill her.

Why wasn't she cutting her?

You said it's the only way. There's no other way to save her. So kill her now.

Her hand trembled; her fingers loosened around the hilt of the knife.

Kill her.

She gritted her teeth and closed her eyes tightly; her fingers once more tightened around the hilt.

"… For the record, Sakura…"

She took a deep breath.

"For what it's worth, I really wanted Emiya-kun to find you first."

Now kill her.

Sakura waited. She could feel the knife against her skin, and knew death was near; when she heard Rin's words, she had to resist the urge to smile. At the very least, her sister would keep her promise.

She waited, but nothing happened. Several seconds passed before…

"Son of a bitch!"

She heard the clatter of the knife against the brick road; startled, she opened her eyes just in time to see Rin swear and fire several Gandr shots at the knife as if it had wronged her in some way, lighting up the whole area with purple light. By the time the girl had finished taking out her fury, the knife and its hilt had been shattered into tiny little pieces.

Sakura blinked, uncertain as to what had just happened; she lifted a hand, gently pressing her fingers against the cut. Her blood felt warm. "Nee-san?" she asked uncertainly.

Positively glowering, Rin lowered her hand; a second later, she aimed that glare at Sakura. The girl squeaked.

"U-um, Nee-san…. Weren't you going to kill me?"

Rin simply glared and said nothing. She was trembling all over, like Sakura, only not from the cold.

When she still didn't respond, Sakura kept talking. "Nee-san, you have to kill me. You already know, don't you? I'm going to become a threat." A note of desperation entered her voice. "That's why you have to kill me. You're the moderator of Fuyuki, right? It's your duty to kill me!" She couldn't understand why Rin had stopped, and it was panicking her. "I'm going to kill people, Nee-san! I've already done so many bad things! I hid the truth of who I was from Senpai, then I tried to suck out your magical energy—"

"If you're so eager to die, then kill yourself," Rin shot back bluntly, silencing Sakura with how icy her words were. "Otherwise, you can stay here in the rain and wait for Emiya-kun to find you and take you back to his house." She turned away, running a hand through her hair to hide her trembling fingers. "Sorry, Sakura. I'm not in the mood to kill you right now."

"…. Nee-san…"

Sakura didn't understand. Why did Rin have to be in a mood to kill her? She knew just as well as her sister did that this was her best chance. Mood had nothing to do with it. So why?

Why won't she kill me?

Rin was silent for a moment; she sighed. Her breath was bright white in the cold rain, a stark contrast to how dark the park currently was. "I'm going home," she said at last. "I'm not sticking around to see Emiya-kun gloat because I couldn't go through with my threat."

Sakura didn't know how to respond.

Rin glanced at her, then sighed again, lifting a hand and catching Sakura's attention. "As I said before, you can stay here and wait. I'm sure he'll come by here eventually and take you home." She paused. "If you don't want to stay out in the rain, you're free to come back to my house. I swear on my honor as a Tohsaka that I won't kill you." With that, she started to walk.

There was a long moment of silence, broken only by the sound of the rain; and then, she heard the soft, uncertain sound of footsteps following her, trailing behind at an established distance. Because Sakura couldn't see her face, she smiled slightly.

After all that, and you still trust me.

They walked the rest of the way back to the Tohsaka mansion in silence. Rin never looked back, and Sakura never reached forward.

Really… I didn't plan this out very well at all.
    Last edited by RadiantBeam; May 17th, 2011 at 03:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Chapter 2: The Contradiction of Tohsaka Rin

Reaching the door of her house, it crossed Rin's mind then that even though she had found Sakura, Shirou hadn't; and as a result, he was probably still looking for her. She paused, her fingers gently clasping the knob. Maybe he was smart, and would go home when he got too cold and wet to keep looking…?

Remember who we're talking about, here.

She groaned, gently thumping her head against the door before she spoke. "Archer."

Her Servant materialized at her side instantly, making Sakura jolt and back up a few steps. "Yes?"

"Track down Emiya-kun, would you? Let him know Sakura's safe and spending the night with me so he doesn't look for her until the crack of dawn. If he has any questions, tell him he can come by the mansion in the morning for breakfast."

Archer grumbled at this, but she felt his presence fade from her side and knew he had obeyed her order, as he always did; even if he didn't agree with it personally. Sighing, she lifted her forehead from the door, unlocked it, and pushed it open, stepping inside. She paused when she realized Sakura wasn't coming and turned, looking at her. "Are you coming?" she called into the rain.

Sakura hesitated and bit her lip; taking a deep breath, she hastily hurried up the stairs before she gave herself time to think, entering the house she hadn't set foot in for almost eleven years.

The door closed behind them with a soft click.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Shirou ran.

He'd looked everywhere he could think of; the park, the train station, even around school. Sakura was nowhere to be found. Desperation and exhaustion had driven him back to his house in the vain hope that perhaps she had returned and would be sipping tea in the living room, but when he saw it was dark and empty he immediately headed back outside.

Where is she?

He tried to ignore the possible truth that Rin had found her before he had and had already killed her, possibly disposing of the body. Not only was it simply far too painful to consider, but he still believed that for her words and actions, Rin didn't have it in her to kill Sakura. They were sisters, after all; sisters weren't supposed to kill each other.

But still—

"Watch where you're running."

Yelping, Shirou skidded and frantically dug in his feet, trying to slow his momentum as Archer suddenly materialized in front of him, the Servant's scowl deepening as he saw the boy wasn't slowing down. The fact that it was still wet and slippery even though it had stopped raining didn't help. Sighing, Archer stepped outside.

There was a shout from Shirou, then a heavy, loud thud. Archer turned back around as the boy groaned, lying facedown on the ground. Grimacing, he slowly rolled over and sat up, hastily getting to his feet. "What do you want?" he growled, glaring at the man in red.

Archer lifted a brow; briefly, he wished Rin would stop associating with such stubborn company. "Rin sent me to tell you that she found Sakura." He held up a hand before Shirou could continue, his face pale and his eyes wide. "She's fine. Still alive, if a little shaken up. She's spending the night at the mansion, so go home and rest. Rin said you could come over for breakfast if you have any questions."

Shirou blinked and did an amazingly accurate imitation of a goldfish before he snapped his mouth shut and nodded, wiping his hands on his pants. "Tell Tohsaka to expect me tomorrow morning," he finally managed.

Archer sighed and nodded before he once more vanished. Shirou blinked dumbly for several minutes, his brain still trying to process what had just happened and what the older man had told him. Sakura was safe. She was safe, and spending the night with Rin.

"Tohsaka… wasn't able to kill her."

As he shook his head and scratched the back of his neck in wonder before starting home (limping slightly from his fall), he wondered at how thoroughly Rin could contradict herself.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Without even knowing that her Senpai was having the exact same thoughts, Sakura was also pondering the contradiction that was her older sister. She leaned back against the massive red couch in the living room, listening to the sounds of her sister making tea in the kitchen, and gently brought a hand up to brush the bandage now covering the cut on her neck.

"… Nee-san is a confusing person," she murmured.

In the last few minutes alone, Rin had completely fussed over Sakura the moment Archer was gone and they were both in the house. The black-haired girl had wrapped her up in a blanket before drying her hair off with a towel, gruffly ordering her to sit and stay in the living room until she came back. Sakura was still rather dazed by the whole process, and quite frankly a little nervous about checking the condition of her hair; the way Rin had dried her off had felt like some strands were being pulled out by the roots. Wondering how she had gone from facing death at her sister's hands to being cared for by said sister, Sakura simply drew the blanket tighter around herself and decided not to question it.

She heard a soft clink on the table and looked up just in time to see Rin settling in a chair beside the couch, curling up there as she cradled a cup of tea in her hands; another steaming cup sat on the table. "Drink," the older girl said, gesturing with her hand before she picked up her own cup and drank. "That should warm you up a bit. Once you finish it, take a bath. It'll chase away the chill."

Sakura was half tempted to point out that Rin herself was doing nothing to handle the fact that she was also chilled, minus a cup of tea. The blue-eyed girl still wore her wet clothes and seemed, in fact, completely unaware of them and comfortable. However, she got the feeling her sister's nerves were still raw, so she simply nodded and picked up the cup, taking a sip as her eyes slowly drifted around the living room.

She was amazed that it still looked the same. Eleven years after leaving the mansion behind, she had returned to find it virtually unchanged from her childhood memories, minus a few people. Her father she could understand, but that didn't explain…

"Nee-san, what happened to Mother?"

The instant she asked, Sakura regretted it; Rin stiffened and seemed to freeze, going deathly still at the question. Surprising herself, though, she didn't take it back. She honestly wanted to know, and now seemed to be the best time to ask.

Finally, Rin lowered her cup. "When Father died, I think she snapped," she murmured. "She was sent away to a mental hospital not long after the War ended. I was still pretty young when I learned she'd died of an illness."

Sakura felt something clench painfully in her chest, then slowly release at this. Somehow, it made sense to her; she had accepted a long time ago that both her parents were gone and would do nothing to save her, even if they wanted to. Even so, hearing the confirmation from Rin… hurt. Deep down in some untouched part of her, she had hoped that one day she could escape the Matou household and return to her family, to live the way she had always dreamed. Finally, she took another sip of her tea. "I'm sorry, Nee-san," she murmured softly.

Rin blinked. "For what?"

"It hurts, doesn't it? Talking about them."

Rin was silent. Sakura found it incredibly telling that her sister had no response.

"I appreciate what you did, Archer."

The red Servant sighed and leaned back against the couch, taking a long gulp of tea from the fresh cup he'd brewed himself the instant he'd returned to the mansion. "He's going to have questions," he warned. "He was pretty calm because I caught him by surprise, but tomorrow he probably won't shut up."

"I figured." It wasn't as if this was news to her, Rin mused with a sigh as she finished drying her hair. Deep down she would have preferred taking a long, hot bath to wash away the chill, but Sakura was currently using it and needed it far more than she did. "I'll deal with him when the moment comes."

A silence fell between the two, broken only by Archer continuing to drink his tea and Rin still drying off her hair; finally, the older man sighed. "Can I say something?"

"Go ahead."

"I'm not going to scold you, because that never works." He glanced at his Master, and calm gray met tired blue. "But you're taking a long road, Rin. You've chosen to follow a hard path."

Rin was silent, finishing with her hair and shaking her head to let it loose, leaving her ribbons on the table.

"I already know that, Archer."

And she left unspoken the one thing they both knew was true.

It wasn't that I couldn't kill her… it's just that I didn't want to.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Ah, here we are." Nodding with pleasure, Rin opened the door and stepped aside so Sakura could peer through the door. "What do you think?"

It was late, and both girls had bathed and were ready for bed, all things considered. Upon noticing the hour, Rin had told Sakura that she had a room the girl could sleep in for the night, and had wasted no time in leading her to a room that was literally only a few doors down from her own room. Stepping into the room tentatively, Sakura could only stare.

The bedroom she had called her own as a child, before being sent away to the Matou family, was just as she remembered it; there was new wallpaper, the carpet had been changed, and the bed was a little bigger, but the room was still incredibly close to her memory of it from before she had left home. Stunned, she inhaled deeply. "You kept it the same," she whispered shakily.

Standing in the doorway, Rin shrugged and pretended not to notice how Sakura's heart had come into her eyes. "I never saw a reason to change it too much. It's pretty easy to keep clean, and it just needed some minor changes." She hesitated for a moment, waiting, before she spoke again. "Will it work for tonight?"

There was a moment of silence as Sakura seemed to drink in everything before she nodded, turning back to her sister with the first true, genuine smile Rin had seen on her face in a long while.

"It's perfect, Nee-san."

Seeing this, Rin relaxed. Maybe at this rate, they could both make it until morning. "Well, then, I'm heading to bed," she said, and stepped out. "I'm just down the hall if you need me."

"Mm!"

Rin paused, then turned back around to face her sister. "Sakura."

"Hm?"

And she smiled. "Good night."

Before Sakura could respond, Rin closed the door and headed to the safety of her room.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hot.

It was the surge of heat that woke Sakura at midnight; she gasped and bit down hard on her lip to keep from crying out as pain and desire swept through her body, making her curl tightly into herself. Her hand tightly gripped the sheets of the bed as she desperately fought the urge to lower her fingers.

It's too hot.

She was trembling all over and panting, practically blinded by waves of need that bordered on painful. She knew what it meant; her body needed magical energy to survive, and she didn't have much left to provide. The core of her being was throbbing, begging, please, please, there's a powerful magus right down the hall, she won't even know—

A flash of red across her eyes brought her back to her senses.

Still panting, bathed in sweat, she slowly relaxed under the bed sheets, blowing out a long, ragged breath. Her hand was bleeding, the skin broken; in her last desperate attempt to keep her sanity so she wouldn't do something she'd regret, she'd bitten herself hard enough to draw blood.

She knew the warning sign. She had spent a lot of magical energy today, no thanks to her brother, and needed to make up the difference; her body would only continue to haunt her and drive her mad until she did.

Not yet. I still have enough energy to last on my own. Please, not yet.

"Sakura."

She didn't even jolt at the soft voice, simply opened her eyes and smiled weakly up at the black Servant standing over her. "I'm sorry, Rider," she whispered. "Did I spook you?"

"No." She paused. "A little bit. Are you all right?"

"Mm." She nodded and pulled the covers back up to her chin, taking care to hide her bitten hand. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"You are my Master. It's my job to protect you."

Sakura's smile softened; Rider always said that, no matter what she did. "I know." She sighed and shifted, settling back into bed. "I'm fine, now. You can go back to patrolling."

"If that is what you wish." But Rider's presence didn't fade. It was clear she had more to say. After a few seconds of debate, she asked, "What Rin said to you before… is that some kind of farewell?"

"Hm? Yeah. It's normal to say good night to someone. It's a way of wishing that they'll sleep without trouble."

"I see." Sakura opened her eyes as Rider pondered this, and after a moment the tall Servant nodded to herself, causing her light purple hair to swish gently before she spoke again, a small smile on her face. "Then, good night, Sakura. I hope you sleep peacefully."

Sakura couldn't help but return the smile. "Good night, Rider. I'll see you in the morning, okay?"

The taller woman nodded before her presence faded from the room entirely, signaling that she had finally left. Sighing softly, Sakura closed her eyes and curled back around her pillow, deciding she would do something about her hand in the morning.

The moment she closed her eyes and breathed out softly, relaxing her body, she was out like a light.

Blog Entries
    Chapter 3: The Situation of Matou Sakura

Matou Zouken was annoyed.

Many people who didn't know him would believe this to be an understatement. His plan had just gone wrong in the one way he had never imagined. He had depended heavily on the fact that Emiya would find his granddaughter, and bring her back to his home. He had set everything on that bond forming and deepening between them. His final steps depended on using the boy to break Sakura, to give her the last push that she had stubbornly resisted for eleven years.

And instead, his plan had changed in a way he couldn't begin to comprehend. Instead of the boy, Sakura had been found by her sister. In the rain, instead of an embrace and a vow, there had been harsh words and a decision to follow the girl who hadn't killed her. The daughter of Tohsaka had thrown his plan into insanity with her usual flair and sense, and had taken Sakura under her wing.

His plan was going wrong in the one way he had never counted on, but to be honest… he was, in fact, only mildly annoyed by it.

"Shall I kill her?" True Assassin's voice rumbled at his back; Zouken didn't even bother to look at his Servant as he skulked behind him. "It could possibly drive her even further into that boy's arms."

It was true. Zouken knew it was true. Sakura may have been unaware of Rin's affections, but time hadn't dulled the love and admiration she still felt for her older sister. If anything, killing her now, when the girl was only getting a hint of her sister's love, could break her even more than Emiya or Shinji.

But even that death, as brutal and bloody as it could be, wouldn't do the best job.

"Leave her be," he ordered. "I'm curious to see how this plays out."

Assassin was silent; he may have disagreed, but he didn't say it. He had learned long ago that when it came to plans, his Master made traps within traps. It was both terrifying and awe inspiring, at times.

No, this wasn't according to his plan at all… but depending on what kind of bond formed between the girls, it could still work. Zouken would just need to monitor it closely.

Besides, as much as he hated to admit it, his strongest trump card (not counting Sakura when she finally broke) wasn't quite ready for use yet.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

"I dislike you very much right now."

Saber Alter sighed. She had only existed for several days, starting when the original Servant Saber had been absorbed and corrupted from the inside out by the shadow. In her short time of existence, she had decided that while she didn't care much about anything, she didn't mind living. Having nothing to do but stare at the writhing worms was somewhat boring, but she didn't mind it. Her Master still hadn't called for her yet to battle, but like most other things, she didn't mind it.

There was one thing, however, she was quickly learning that she minded.

"You realize, I know you can hear me. It really annoys me when you act like you don't."

And here was the thing Alter was quickly learning she could actually hate.

Somehow, in some way, the corruption had been incomplete. Zouken didn't know how it had gone wrong, or why; the simple fact was, it hadn't been as thorough as he had originally thought. While Saber had certainly been corrupted and Alter had been established as the primary and dominant personality, the force of it hadn't been enough to destroy the King of Knights completely. Somehow, she had stubbornly clung to enough consciousness to quickly and immediately establish herself in the corner of Alter's mind, an annoyingly clear and calm voice that made the black Servant growl.

It was annoying, but so far it didn't seem to jeopardize any of Zouken's plans; if anything, Saber still existing had been an unexpected loophole. While she could make her presence known to Alter, she didn't have enough strength to completely regain control of her body, or fight back against the corruption. For the time being, she was no threat in her current state.

"Did it ever cross your mind that I ignore you because I dislike you, too?" Alter finally asked, her voice filling the empty room. She didn't mind it; it wasn't like anyone could see or hear her anyway, and even if they did, she hardly cared about their opinion of her.

"Well, it's nice to confirm that I'm not alone in my dislike of you."

"I said I dislike you," Alter muttered back, rubbing her temples. "Not that I dislike myself."

"Oh. I stand corrected, then."

Yes, Alter could quickly learn to hate Saber.

"Were you always this snarky?" The black Servant had the vague feeling of a headache. "I can't recall you ever being that way, even after death. Or did you just hide it very well?"

There was a moment of silence in her head, and just when she was beginning to hope that maybe the former Servant would stay quiet… "You could say I'm vaguely annoyed about being a prisoner in my own body."

"Only vaguely?"

"Vaguely. Just barely, really."

Alter sighed. She knew she wasn't making things any easier for herself by speaking to the silver knight, but then again, it was hard to ignore her when she spoke right in her own head. Which in and of itself would be easy enough to accomplish, if Saber didn't feel the need to constantly remind her of her presence every few minutes.

"You realize, even if you continue to speak with me, you'll never regain control of your body, right?"

"Who said anything about getting my body back? I'm just doing this to annoy you."

Oh, yes. Alter could very, very quickly learn to hate Saber.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXx

Sakura rose early out of habit, though she knew she had no reason to; through the heavy drapes of the windows, she could see the faint traces of sunlight. She took time to make her bed, smoothing the sheets out with her fingers before she stepped back, looking around the room blankly for a moment. She was surprised to hear no sounds of movement or life in the house; was Rin still asleep? It was certainly early, she knew that much, but the sun was already out and shining so brightly.

Though honestly, when Sakura thought about it, it made sense that Rin could still be sleeping. The older girl was an active Master in the War, and now that the situation had unfolded this way, she probably no longer saw a reason to wake up for school.

"I guess I could get started on breakfast, then, if she's still asleep…"

Old habits died hard it seemed, even under the most extreme conditions. Sakura knew there was no reason for her to make breakfast, especially right now, but there was something soothing about the familiar habit.

Sometime during the night, Rin must have come back in and left her sister's dry clothes on the dresser by the door; either she'd been very quiet, or Sakura had just been that tired. Grateful either way, the purple-haired girl pulled on the familiar school uniform before heading out the door, down the hallway and stairs, and into the kitchen.

The kitchen, like much of the old Tohsaka mansion, had changed only slightly from Sakura's memories. Some of the appliances had been replaced with more modern ones, and the wallpaper had been switched, and at some point Rin had seen fit to change the pattern of the tiled floor. Only taking brief note of it, Sakura immediately started rummaging through the cabinets and poking through the fridge; she would have been more reserved had Rin been accompanying her, but the black-haired magus was still asleep, and…. Well, this was her home. Or had been. And it wasn't like Rin had made it explicitly clear that she was unwanted.

Tugging some ingredients loose from the fridge and retrieving plates, Sakura set to work making a light, easy breakfast; nothing fancy, just some toast and eggs. It was simple, but it would still taste good, provided Rin wasn't picky. Getting lost in the familiar flow of cooking, even if it took her a minute or two to adjust to the kitchen set-up, Sakura was soon humming softly and completely lost in her own little world, working with only half a mind really. She still managed to glimpse the blur of red out of the corner of her eye, however, and glanced up with a small, shy smile. "Good morning, Nee-san."

Looking frazzled and still only half asleep, Rin nodded absently in response to her sister's smile. "G'morning, Sakura," she murmured, practically staggering towards the fridge like some kind of possessed person. Figuring her sister wanted a drink, Sakura easily retrieved a glass and offered it to Rin.

And stared blankly when Rin completely ignored the offering, instead opening the milk carton and gulping from it directly like a person dying of thirst. Not small, steady swallows, either; she drank in one long, single gulp that made Sakura wonder how she didn't choke. After a minute, the milk seemed to have its intended effect as Rin lowered the carton, looking at least a little more awake compared to before. Noticing her sister's stare, she shrugged. "I'm not a morning person."

"R-right." Deciding not to comment, Sakura hastily set the glass back in its place, wondering how many hearts would break if anyone knew what the school idol was like in the privacy of her own home in the morning. Keeping her mouth firmly shut, she set back to work with breakfast. Refreshed by the milk, Rin wandered over and, without a single word, leaned up over Sakura, pressing against her lightly as she fished around for a teacup, now ready for her ritual.

Sakura froze; her mouth went dry as her brain fuzzed out. Rin was soft against her, and warm, and this close together her scent invaded every one of the younger girl's senses. She wondered for a crazy moment if her heart had stopped beating. Since Rin seemed largely unaffected by it, Sakura resolved to act the same, as if this was something that happened for them every morning. She breathed a small, inaudible sigh of relief when Rin pulled back, cup in hand.

Pausing for a moment, Rin took a slight sniff. "You made breakfast?"

"Um, yes." Sakura didn't try to explain why; she honestly had no clue why she'd done it either.

Another moment passed before Rin took another sniff, as if checking to confirm the scent was still there. "It smells good," she said at last. With that, she got started on brewing her favorite brand of tea, once again acting as if this was a perfectly normal routine that they had been doing all their lives.

Unable to repress the small, delighted smile at her sister's praise, Sakura went back to work with breakfast and couldn't help but wonder, in the back of her mind, what it would have been like to share these kind of moments with Rin while they had been growing up.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It had taken all of Shirou's resolve to not sprint from his house to Rin's mansion, even though his muscles had practically screamed for him to do so the moment he woke up. Short of attacking his wild mop of hair with a comb, he'd done everything he could think of to make himself look presentable before starting off on the path that led to the old Western style homes. He knew it might have been a bit much, but he couldn't help it. This would be the first time he had seen Sakura since the incident at school… not to mention the first time seeing Rin after she had run from the church.

So he walked calmly, trying to keep his mind clear and his heart from pounding right out of his chest. So busy was he trying to keep himself from panicking that he didn't even remember reaching Rin's door, or lifting his hand to knock. He only came back to himself when the door opened and he found himself looking into a pair of light blue eyes.

"Ah, good morning, Emiya-kun." Rin smiled. "I was wondering if you would show up. You're a little late." She paused for a moment, thinking. "Or maybe Sakura just made breakfast early."

At the mention of Sakura, Shirou's heart leaped into his throat. "Is she—"

Rin held up a hand to silence him. Swallowing his words, Shirou nodded and followed her into the house. He knew he was being stupidly worried over his underclassman's wellbeing, especially when Archer had already told him she was fine, but he couldn't help it. He could still remember how she had screamed before he had collapsed, and he still had something important to tell her, something he hadn't been able to tell her last night.

"Hey, Sakura," Rin called, gesturing to Shirou as she entered the kitchen. "You have a visitor."

Nearly finished setting the table, the purple-haired girl glanced up curiously; a moment later, her eyes lit up. Somehow she managed to restrain herself from right out tackling the young man, smiling happily as her eyes shone. "Good morning, Senpai."

Shirou had to force himself not to practically leap across the room and crush her to him, so relieved was he to see that she was perfectly fine, even happy. He smiled, and barely managed to keep it from becoming a grin. "G-good morning, Sakura."

Rin looked between the two, as if she was expecting more to happen; when nothing else happened and they both just stood there looking at each other, she sighed softly and shook her head, going into the kitchen to grab the last plates of food and set them down on the table. "If you two are done making goo-goo eyes at each other," and now she smirked as both Shirou and Sakura blushed, "breakfast is finished, and we still have some things to settle after last night."

"R-right." Shirou felt as if his IQ had dropped; when had he suddenly become so nervous? Gulping slightly, he sat down at the table, watching as Sakura poured tea for all of them and set them on the table before she joined them. Rin was the last to come, folding her legs gracefully and sitting without even managing to flash him.

For the first few minutes, breakfast was a strange, silent affair; it was as if none of them dared to talk, but it wasn't awkward. In fact, it was almost, in a strange kind of way… peaceful, really. The soft sound of utensils and eating, the occasional sips from their cups. It should have been awkward, especially considering the situation, but somehow it wasn't. Honestly, Shirou didn't want it to end.

Eventually, though, it did end; and once again, Rin was the one who took the first step. Setting down her cup with a soft clink, she glanced at Shirou. "The first thing I'm going to say before you ask is, I have no intention of killing Sakura at this point. I just want to make that clear between us."

Shirou sighed, lowering his chopsticks. "I kind of figured that out," he muttered, glancing at Sakura guiltily; he understood why they had to settle that matter, but he hated that they were doing it right in front of the girl in question. "You could have killed her last night if you wanted to, Tohsaka, and I couldn't have stopped you."

Sakura had nothing to add to this exchange; she knew it was the truth, just as well as Shirou did. For all of her kindness last night, Rin had had her sister in the perfect situation if she'd changed her mind and decided to kill her. The fact that she'd instead let her sleep through the night spoke volumes about her intentions towards the younger girl.

Of course, if she had come to kill me, I don't think I would have stopped her, anyway.

"So, Tohsaka… does that mean you're after the Holy Grail for a different reason now?"

And Shirou asked the one question that could make or break the whole situation.

It was no secret. The obvious fact was, if Sakura was going to be saved, they needed to use the Holy Grail to do it. Which meant that, in order for Sakura to be saved at all, Rin would need to adjust whatever her original wish for the Grail had been if she was truly serious about letting the younger girl live. Shirou was quite all right with the idea of fighting alone, but he knew things would be harder that way, and in his short time with her, Rin had proven to be a valuable ally.

Rin took a moment to answer, lifting her cup to her lips and taking a long sip of the warm liquid; she could feel them both staring at her, Shirou's gaze determined, Sakura's uncertain. At her back, she could feel Archer's presence, a presence that would obey her and follow her even if he didn't agree with the path she chose. Finally, she lowered her cup. "I never had a wish for the Grail to begin with," she admitted calmly. "Changing my goal isn't too hard when I never had one I was aiming for."

Shirou's eyes widened; for a moment, he forgot to breathe. "Then that means—"

"I'll be joining the Saving Sakura Squad." She'd pretty much joined last night. She glanced at Sakura, smirking. "If you don't mind having me along, Sakura."

Sakura squeaked and blushed, hastily shaking her head. "N-no! I-I'm glad you're on our side, Nee-san!"

Once again, for a moment, silence fell over the three as they continued to eat; this seemed to be a regular thing for them. Finally, though, Shirou couldn't take it anymore. "Then about today, Tohsaka."

Rin blinked. "What about today, Emiya-kun?"

"Well…" Honestly, he didn't know. Shirou hadn't really thought much last night, really; the moment he had known Sakura was safe, he had gone home and collapsed on his futon, passing out. He'd been so worried this morning about meeting the sisters that he hadn't even considered anything on his way over.

As if sensing this, Rin seemed to consider something for a moment before she spoke. "Actually, Emiya-kun, I think it might help today if we relaxed a bit. We need time to plan, and to recover a little from what we learned last night. We won't be of any help to Sakura if we rush into battle with no idea of what we want to do."

"Nee-san's right." Sakura spoke up, seeing the argument coming into Shirou's eyes. "We…. we didn't really make any plans last night, either, and there's no rush." She squirmed slightly in place, looking down. "Grandfather won't be making his move yet, so it won't be bad if we rest for today."

At the mention of Zouken, all argument drained out of Shirou. Even Rin went deathly quiet, doing something with her hands so she wouldn't think about strangling the old man. They'd almost forgotten, in the peaceful morning, what effect the old man still had on the girl sitting with them. Finally, Shirou took a deep breath and nodded. "That makes sense," he said. "There's never any harm in resting when you can."

Pleased that he understood, Rin nodded; and for the final time of the morning, the three of them resumed eating. During that time, neither of them dared to speak, almost as if they were afraid that the moment they did, the illusion of peace would shatter.

Finally, though, it had to end. With a soft "Thank you for the meal" Shirou got to his feet, brushing his pants. He looked almost guilty as Rin began to clear off the table. "Um, do you need help with that?"

Rin laughed. "It's more than I'm used to, but no big deal. Thanks for the offer, Emiya-kun." For some reason, her laugh made the boy blush bright red and look away, coughing. Smirking, the girl got to her feet and carried the dishes into the kitchen. Unsure of what to do with himself, Shirou nodded and shifted from foot to foot, clearing his throat. Sakura glanced up at him, standing as well.

"So, um… you coming, Sakura?"

Not even paying attention to what was happening between the boy and her sister, Rin came back and grabbed the cups, turning on the sink water and beginning to wash the dirty utensils. Sakura hesitated, looked down, and gripped her skirt tightly, her hair hiding her eyes. "Actually, Senpai… um, I want to stay with Nee-san."

Rin was grateful that she'd thought to put a towel on the floor before beginning to wash the dishes; that way, when her hands froze, the plate she'd been cleaning didn't break when it hit the floor. Just as surprised by the decision as she was, Shirou stared at the younger girl.

Sakura squirmed, lifting her eyes; nervous but determined purple met confused gold. "I have nothing against you, Senpai, really! You… I was happy being with you, and living in your house was wonderful." She blushed a little, but plunged on. "But… I always dreamed about living with Nee-san. This might be… it might be the only chance I have."

Shirou opened his mouth, then closed it; he hated that he couldn't argue with that logic. How could he deny Sakura the right to live with her sister, even if only for a short while? After a moment, he inhaled deeply. "Is that all right with you, Tohsaka?"

Rin poked her head back out of the kitchen; if she was still surprised, she hid it well. "I don't have a problem with it, if it's what Sakura wants."

With that, it seemed settled. There was no reason for Shirou to push if Sakura wanted to stay and Rin was okay with her staying. He exhaled, then forced a smile. "I don't see a problem with it, then," he managed, hoping that Sakura wouldn't push him too much. If she did, he didn't know what he'd do.

And he decided to keep the words he had meant to say to himself.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Shirou didn't exactly understand why, when it was all said and done, Sakura had insisted that Rider walk him home. It was broad daylight, and he had lost both Saber and his Command Spells; it was highly doubtful that anyone still involved in the War saw him as a threat. Regardless, he hadn't had the energy to turn her down, and it wasn't like he was bothered by Rider's presence as he walked back home.

Her presence was, needless to say, different from any other Servant he had encountered before. Saber had never been able to take a spirit form, but Shirou had known her presence like the back of his hand; the light press of the wind, warmth, a calm entity that couldn't be shaken. Berserker had been overwhelming, crushing, almost like a mountain; in his presence, Shirou couldn't breathe. Archer had only been around the boy a few times, but in that time he had felt both deep self-hatred and guilt, and a drive for something beyond the war; he had seen a back that refused to break.

Rider's presence was different. Around her, Shirou could smell blood and even, in some weird way, feel blood, if that made any sense; whenever Rider was around, he couldn't ignore the feeling that death was walking beside him. And yet, he felt no hostile intention from her, no wish to kill. It was…. strangely comforting. Kind of like the monster that hid under your bed, but had no intention of actually hurting you.

Reaching his door, Shirou paused and looked into the space where he assumed Rider was. "Thanks for walking me home, Rider. You can go back to Sakura now." He gave a small smile to show his thanks, even as the mention of the woman's Master sent a small shockwave of pain through his chest.

He couldn't see her, but Rider must have noticed something in his eyes, his face, that gave him away; she cleared her throat softly. "Do you have a message you want me to deliver to her? It wouldn't be too much trouble."

Shirou was quiet for a moment; then, he took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and let it go.

"Thanks, but it's fine." He opened his eyes and smiled tiredly. "It's not something she needs to know."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

By the time afternoon rolled around, Rin was certain that if Sakura stayed in the house any longer, she would end up spoiled rotten. The younger girl truly had a flair for cooking; not to say that Rin's cooking was bad, but she always enjoyed good food when she could get it, especially when she didn't have to make it herself. Still, she figured she did her part by volunteering to help clean up, even if Sakura had weakly protested at first before letting her help.

Honestly, the older magus was surprised by how quickly she had adjusted to and accepted Sakura's presence. She was hardly the anti-social type, but her way of life often made her keep a measured distance from others; it didn't help that the mansion itself was designed as one huge KEEP OUT to anyone who got too close. However, Sakura had effortlessly molded herself into the house with absolutely no effort, easily accepted as if she had never left.

"You know, this means that I have to cook dinner tonight, right? At this rate I'll be sitting here doing nothing," Rin joked, pleased when Sakura blushed brightly and ducked her head. The sisters were almost done washing the dishes, up to their elbows in the soapy water, and Rin had to admit: there was something strangely soothing about the mundane chore.

"You don't have to make dinner if you don't want to, you know," Sakura murmured, glancing at her older sister out of the corner of her eye.

Rin lifted a soapy hand from the water, waving it lightly in the universal "whatever" gesture. "Really, I don't mind. Cooking can be a fun way of stimulating the mind." Finished with her half of the dishes, the heir of Tohsaka pulled her hands out of the sink water and grabbed a towel, drying off her hands, her back to Sakura.

She heard it instead of seeing it happen; the soft, sharp intake of breath, the slight stagger of feet. In the instant she understood what it meant, she had already turned. "Sakura!"

She managed to catch the younger girl before she fell completely, keeping her from banging her head on the counter or the floor. Sakura's face was bright red, her breathing weak and ragged. Rin felt that if she touched the purple-haired girl, her hand would burst into flames. Without even realizing it, her grip on her sister tightened. "Sakura. Hey, Sakura! What's wrong?"

"Nee… san?" Sounding as if even breathing was painful, Sakura slowly opened her eyes, blinking groggily; dazed, cloudy purple eyes met concerned, almost frightened light blue. "Why… are you shouting? I'm fine…"

"Last I checked, collapsing wasn't part of feeling fine." Rin pressed a hand to Sakura's forehead and frowned; the girl had no fever, so why was she so red in the face and so weak? Unless this was a result of her outpour of mana at school when Shinji had used her as bait to lure Shirou?

"Really… it's nothing to worry about." Grimacing a little, Sakura squirmed in Rin's arms, trying to get free and stand up; but it seemed she didn't even have the strength for that, despite trying her hardest. Shaking her head at this, Rin took matters into her own hands when she shifted and stood up, lifting Sakura into her arms and making the younger girl squeal, instinctively latching onto her neck. "Nee-san?"

Ignoring Sakura's surprise, Rin moved quickly, carrying Sakura as if she was nothing at all; the older girl wasn't as strong as Shirou in terms of physical strength, but she was still a little above average for her age thanks to training. She barely broke a sweat going back upstairs and into Sakura's room, setting the girl down in bed. "You're resting," Rin said calmly. "I'm not hearing any complaints."

"But—"

"Not. Hearing. Complaints." Rin didn't know what was wrong (or she had some idea, but she wasn't sure), and she knew that making Sakura rest would probably solve nothing, but it was easier to keep her in one place instead of letting her wander around the house in her weakened state. "Just stay here, okay? I'm not always going to be around to catch you if you keep falling."

Sakura either didn't know what to say, or had no response to the last words Rin had said; either way, she slumped back into the pillows and seemed to accept the fact that once again she was confined to bed rest even though, in her mind, she felt perfectly fine and had no reason for staying still. Content when she heard no opposition against this, Rin pulled away. "Close your eyes and try to sleep a bit," she said. "I have some stuff to do, so I'll come check on you later."

It was, of course, a lie. Rin had nothing to do, really. She just hated seeing her sister so weak, and knowing there was very little she could do about it to fix it.

If Sakura knew, she didn't say anything.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The problem was, of course, an obvious one; Sakura had lost mana during the fight with Shinji in school, and in over a day, she hadn't had it replenished. Her body couldn't afford to lose mana at this rate, and needed to make up for it somehow. It was an obvious problem… and it annoyed the hell out of Rin that when it came to a solution, it had been evading her all day.

Growling softly, the black-haired magus closed her book and leaned back in her chair, pulling off her glasses and rubbing her eyes. The simple fact was, despite Kotomine's explanation of the Crest Worm, she knew very little—if nothing at all—about Makiri magic. All she really knew was that her sister needed her mana replenished, and she only knew one method of that.

….

Well, there were ways around it, of course. It was late, but she could always call Shirou and ask him to come back, though all things considered that would be rather rude, even if the boy thought she was a demon to begin with. She could possibly put it off until tomorrow and spend the night talking to Shirou and warming him up to the idea; it was no secret to her that the two liked each other, so setting something up wouldn't be too hard.

The problem was, Sakura needed mana now. She could probably hold out for one more day if she really had no choice, but she was weakening fast. Not to mention that while getting them both together would be easy enough, actually talking them into it could take longer. The essence of it all was time.

Shaking her head, Rin pushed back from her desk and stretched up, absently glancing out her window; it was dark outside, meaning night must have fallen. In the end, neither of them had eaten dinner; Sakura had seemed to be asleep when Rin had checked on her, and Rin had gotten too involved in studying to think about eating, and even now didn't feel that hungry.

"I guess I'll check on Sakura before I take a bath…"

Nodding to herself, Rin left her room, pausing for a moment to flick off the light and close the door before she headed down the hallway, pausing at Sakura's door and knocking gently in case the younger girl was asleep. Hearing vague rustling on the other side, she softly opened the door. "Sakura?" she called. "It's me. I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

"Mmmm…." In the dark room, the only source of light spilled in from the hallway. Rin could make her sister out, buried beneath a mountain of blankets it seemed, and stepped farther into the darkness, moving lightly on her feet. Sakura stirred and shifted again, murmuring something sleepily and seeming to moan, unable to get comfortable for some reason.

A little concerned, Rin ventured further into the room, tentatively leaning down and resting a hand on Sakura's shoulder. "Um, Sakura? You okay? You don't seem to be sleeping very well…" She paused when Sakura sighed and stirred beneath her tough, and the purple-haired girl turned to face her. A second or two passed before sleepy, cloudy eyes opened, Sakura looking up at her sister almost lazily.

"… Sakura?" Rin's mouth, for some strange reason, went dry. She didn't know what to make of the look in Sakura's eyes, or her current mannerisms. She began to wonder if maybe she needed to back away.

And then she had no choice when, moving faster than her eyes could comprehend, Sakura's arms looped tightly around her neck and pulled her down into the bed. Rin's yelp of surprise was muffled, and she scrambled madly for some kind of friction to keep from landing on top of her sister, all for no avail—and her mind went straight to hell when her body pressed intimately against the other girl's.

Oh, SHIT-

The mental curse couldn't even complete itself, as Sakura released a low, throaty, downright seductive purr and nuzzled closer to Rin, sighing softly seemingly in contentment and pulling the older girl even closer. Rin's thought process fizzled into static when she felt soft, warm lips near her ear, and somehow her constant mental chants of she's my little sister didn't hold up well against the fact that she was currently being hugged, tightly, by a very grown, very mature young woman.

Well, okay, all things considered, it wasn't too bad. Sakura didn't seem to want more other than this tight snuggling, which was totally destroying Rin's higher thought functions, but if that was all it was, she could handle it. Oh yes, she could handle it just fine. She'd just need to take a cold shower the moment she was free.

Then those warm, soft lips moved lower, pressing gently against her ear and to her neck.

"GAH! S-S-Sakura, h-hold on a minute!"

Rin's panicked cry and renewed struggles at the intimate contact must have stirred Sakura, as her grip loosened and she blinked, her eyes clearing. The loosening was enough for Rin to shoot off the bed and tumble head over heels onto the floor, lying in a stunned heap in the light of the hallway as Sakura stared down at her, trembling and blinking.

And a moment later, Sakura remembered what had happened. Her eyes widened, and her trembling, if possible, became worse. She turned bright red and immediately scooted back on the bed. "I-I'm sorry, Nee-san, I didn't…. I'm so sorry, I…" She stammered, trying to apologize and not finding the words for it. Still a little dazed, Rin shook her head and slowly sat up, folding her legs and rubbing the back of her neck, her eyes down as Sakura finally fell silent and looked away.

A minute or two of awkward silence passed.

"So, um…" Rin cleared her throat. "I guess that's because… I mean, you…"

"I…. yeah." Still not looking at her sister, Sakura nodded. "My… my body needs mana."

And you were the only magus nearby.

Cue more awkward silence.

Finally, Sakura swallowed and looked at her sister. "I'm sorry, Nee-san," she said softly, curling up slightly in the center of her bed. "I'll try to control myself better. You can leave now."

Rin blinked and looked up at the girl, surprised. Why did Sakura act like it was her fault? It wasn't her fault that her body was the way it was, or that she was so desperate for mana that she was getting to a point where any magus would do, so long as she got what she needed. So why…. Why did she take the blame on herself?

And what kind of sister am I, letting her think that?

Sakura had looked away again, so she didn't see Rin get up, or close the door behind her; she only heard it, and flinched slightly, thinking that she had just completely ruined her relationship with the older girl. She blinked, then, when she heard soft footsteps in the darkness; then jolted completely when she felt something warm and soft hug her. Her eyes widened. "N… Nee-san?"

"I can't tell which one of us is the bigger idiot," Rin sighed, pulling away. In the dark, all Sakura could see was her eyes; two light blue lights that she would have recognized anywhere.

"Bigger… idiot?" Sakura was getting confused.

Rin sighed again. "Sakura, you need mana, right?"

Still confused, Sakura nodded. Rin couldn't have seen her in the darkness, but she must have seen her eyes move or something, as she went on, taking a deep breath before continuing.

"I haven't been the best sister, at all. And what I'm about to suggest is… definitely going to sound weird, but I'm your sister, and I want to help you." Rin smiled slightly. "You have a powerful magus right in front of you, Sakura."

Sakura blinked. For a moment, it seemed her mind had failed to comprehend the implications of what Rin had said; it only took a second for her to get it, and her eyes widened. She was suddenly grateful for the dark, as it hid her blush. "B-But, N-Nee-san, we can't! We're—"

"Sisters, I know. Sisters don't usually do what I'm suggesting, I know." Rin's smile became a little crooked now. "But, well… as much as I hate to say it, we weren't exactly normal sisters to begin with."

At that, Sakura laughed softly. "No, we really weren't." She timidly met Rin's gaze. It would be okay, wouldn't it? If Rin had suggested it, then that meant she wasn't against it, and the truth was, Rin was a powerful magus. The amount of mana Sakura could get from having sex with her would make up for the amount she had lost at school and then some. And… well, Rin wanted to help her. Yes, it was a strange, unorthodox way of helping considering their relationship, but it was an honest wish all the same. And, well, it wasn't like she had many other options at this point.

Rin moved first, albeit slowly, taking Sakura's response and following silence as encouragement to continue. She closed the distance slightly, enough so that Sakura could feel their breaths mingling, then paused, unsure if she should continue. In the dark, for a moment, they just gazed at each other.

The message was clear. Rin had suggested it, but the choice was Sakura's. It was, perhaps, the first choice she had ever been given.

And that was why Sakura resolved to feel no regrets when she closed the final distance, gently claiming Rin's mouth in a light, chaste kiss that slowly grew deeper and more heated, and the darkness claimed them both until morning.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I remember coming across this on FF.net. I didn't know you were the one who did it. Will be following with interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Oh, I remember coming across this on FF.net. I didn't know you were the one who did it. Will be following with interest.
    Yep, yep. I just need to get chapter four up, which I'll be doing in a minute. Then back to my horrible update schedule!

Blog Entries
    Chapter 4: Warmth

"And the world has somehow shifted."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The room was dark, and warm; it was still far too early in the morning for the sun to begin rising, to spill any light over the land, and the fact that the drapes of the windows were firmly drawn shut only added more absoluteness to the darkness, as if to deepen it, to ensure that it never went away even when the sun came up.

Things were easier in the darkness, sometimes.

A soft rustling came from the bed, a shifting, a sign of movement and life; deeply tangled between the twisted sheets and her sister's warm, surprisingly firm grasp, Rin did her best to try and crawl away, keeping as quiet as possible. She was nearly off the side of the bed when a hand reached out, gently catching her wrist.

"Sakura?" She didn't know why her voice was so soft, so breathless; it was if she feared that if she spoke too loudly, the moment would end. The thought bothered her for some reason, and she didn't know why.

"Mmmm, Nee-san…" Sakura shifted and curled tightly against her pillow, never opening her eyes. Rin wondered if she was even awake. Slowly, the older girl shifted again, pulling away from her sister's hand.

Only for the younger girl's arm to move again in a flash of movement, her fingers closing firmly and gently on her wrist.

Either Sakura was awake, or she was really good at sensing when someone was trying to get away from her, even in sleep. Rin licked her lips and tried again. "Sakura?" she asked softly.

The younger girl's grip on her tightened a little, and she gave her wrist a gentle tug. "Stay." Her voice was soft, and thick with sleep, but…. There was a pleading tone to it, a request, a whimper.

Please stay. Don't leave me here alone.

Rin hesitated. Staying wasn't smart. Staying meant getting attached, talking about it, lingering on how soft and warm and sweet her sister was. Staying meant making things much, much more complicated than they needed to be. Leaving now was best; leaving now would establish distance, establish that this had been for mana, and was a one time thing at best.

"Nee… san?"

Silently, Rin crawled back into her original spot, unable to resist the small, soft smile when Sakura immediately latched onto her and curled tightly around her, murmuring happily in her sleep.

"Don't worry," she whispered, lifting a hand to stroke her sister's hair. "I'll stay."

She didn't know who she was telling to not worry, Sakura or herself.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

At long last, it was time to move.

Saber Alter wasn't a being meant to feel more than dull rage; she felt no surge of excitement or anticipation, no sharp bite of concern or even the brief entertainment of strategy. No, when all was said and done, Alter was nothing more than a glorified hunting hound, meant only to obey orders as they were given.

And her Master had ordered her to take the small white princess of Einzbern.

"No strategy meeting?"

Saber sounded just a little concerned, a change that caught Alter's attention. "There is no need," she said calmly. "I know my orders."

"Well, it's all well and good to know your orders, but it's somewhat pointless if you have no strategy, yes? You have my memories, so you know that Berserker won't be easy to take down—"

Wordlessly, Alter shouldered the corrupt Excalibur, and was swallowed by the surge of black shadows.

"—Or you could just ignore me."

Alter didn't even bother to grace her comment with a response.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sakura wasn't used to waking up with a feeling of warmth and safety; her room in the Matou mansion wasn't a place where she was meant to feel safe or at home. It was something she had learned years ago, and over time it was something she had come to understand and accept. In the end, not even her own room could offer her a haven from the hell she experienced on a daily basis; her room was the place where it all began, really.

But something was wrong. She was waking up, she was beginning to stir and feeling the faded sunlight against her naked skin, and she felt… warm, safe, protected. Almost loved, somehow. This wasn't how she normally felt waking up in her room, and it was the first clue to her still groggy mind that something was different, this morning had changed from all the mornings of her past.

That wasn't the only difference, though. She didn't feel free, exactly, but her body felt infinitely lighter than it had last night, cooler, somehow more collected and solid, in a sense. It was a strange sensation, and she couldn't explain why she felt so good physically when her mind was still so cloudy. Maybe it was a new kind of cold?

Yawning and deciding not to worry about it until she had fully woken up, Sakura stretched and blinked groggily, rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand. Her vision blurred for a moment, then adjusted to the lighting of the room…

And the first thing she saw was long, silky strands of black hair spilling onto her pillow.

Well, now, that was odd. She made it a firm habit of sleeping alone, even when Shinji came in to have his way with her; last she had checked, her hair wasn't this long, and while it had certainly been black at one point in her life, it was now purple, stained by Matou magic that had been forced onto her unwilling body from childhood. So the hair certainly wasn't hers, that much she knew.

Which circled right back around to the biggest issue: someone was in bed with her. Someone warm, and soft; someone who definitely preferred cuddling as their method of slumber. But someone nonetheless.

Okay. I won't panic. I won't scream. I'll simply pull the sheets back and politely ask them to leave. If they refuse, I'll ask Rider to remove them as silently as possible so Nee-san doesn't hear.

With that in mind, Sakura nodded to herself and glanced down, enough to glimpse the face of the person sleeping beside her.

And, for a moment, could only stare blankly at the peaceful, sleeping face of one Tohsaka Rin, the older girl snuggled against her and, at some point during the night, having managed to bury her face in her sister's neck.

For a moment, Sakura's clouded brain sparked and went dead. Why was Rin in her bed? Why was Rin cuddling her? Why was Rin naked? Why was Rin—

Oh. OH.

At long last, the drunken high that had occupied the younger woman's brain cleared, leaving her with nothing but incredibly vivid memories of what had happened last night. Immediately, Sakura blushed so red that it seemed all of the blood rushed into her face. Right, that's… that's why she's here…

Tentatively, still red enough to make a tomato jealous, Sakura lifted a hand and gently ran it through Rin's hair. Now that her mind was clear and she could accurately assess how her body felt, she could only conclude that the… mana transfer… had been successful. The fever and sickness she had felt yesterday was gone, replaced with strong, clean energy surging through her blood and making her feel lighter and stronger than she really was.

That was good. Rin would be happy to hear that. She had wanted to help, after all; she would feel better knowing that her suggestion had succeeded. Sakura knew that now was probably the time to wake the older girl up, to let her know that she was okay…

She'd wake her up later. There was no rush. It had never hurt anyone to sleep in a little, right? Being an active Master in the War, Rin needed as much sleep as she could, after all. It was only fair to let her sleep in at least a few minutes.

"Ne, Rider." Her voice soft so as to not wake her sleeping sister, Sakura continued gently stroking Rin's hair. "Would you mind doing me a favor?"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

He'd made too much food.

Shirou stared blankly at the breakfast he had prepared, and in the back of his mind realized it was far too much for one person alone to eat. It wasn't as if he'd done it on purpose; he had simply worked out of habit, making a large breakfast to satisfy the cravings of Taiga, the bottomless pit of Saber, the shyness of Sakura. In a matter of days, he had become used to having many people in his home, many people who demanded food.

Now, he was the only one left in his home.

Taiga would probably be away until the War ended; for all of her playfulness and immaturity, she took her job as a teacher seriously, and did her best to look after her students. She wouldn't come back to his house until she was absolutely certain that the school was safe, even if his cooking was much better than hers had ever been. When push came to shove, the woman everyone affectionately called Tiger still put duty ahead of her own fun.

Sakura was at Rin's house now, and she would probably stay there until the War was over, if not long after. It only made sense; they were sisters, and they were working to rebuild the bond they had lost. Shirou hadn't wanted to interfere with that, and he doubted that Sakura would stay away from his house forever; no doubt when it was safe again, she would visit him as she always had. But she would probably never, ever live in his house again.

Saber was…

His chest clenched painfully before the thought could fully form; grimacing and biting down on his bottom lip, Shirou gripped the edge of the kitchen counter to steady himself, taking a deep breath.

Saber was gone; she was dead. She would never come back. She had only been in his home for a few days, only since the War had started, and her death had been an attempt to keep him from harm. It was the natural cycle of a Servant, one that he shouldn't have questioned or felt any pain from, but…

I miss her.

Taking another breath, Shirou shook his head and slapped his cheeks, trying to shake off the emotions he felt. Now wasn't the time to grieve. Perhaps when the War was over and the threat of Zouken was destroyed, he would take the time to honestly grieve for the partner he had lost. But right now, in her memory and to protect Sakura, he couldn't afford to be overwhelmed.

His mind cleared, the red-haired boy once again found himself gazing at far more food than he could ever possibly eat by himself.

"… I suppose I can wrap some of it and save it for later," he said at last. It would make just as much sense to throw some of it away, but he hated to waste so much good food. Besides, perhaps he could bring the rest over to Rin's house? She would probably appreciate it, and it would be a good chance for him to check on Sakura.

"Shirou."

His heart jumped into his throat. He knew that voice; he knew that tone. Cool, businesslike, almost emotionless to someone who didn't know her; but beneath it all, whenever she said his name, that small trace of amusement and affection, genuine caring for the boy she had formed a contract with. He turned. "Sab—"

She was taller than him. He had never noticed that before, but with her standing right in front of him, Shirou could now see that she stood a good few inches above him. Her pale purple hair swished silently at her hip, blindfolded eyes meeting his in a gaze he felt even though he couldn't see her face. And always present, always there, was the scent of blood.

"—Rider." Reality crashed into Shirou like a speeding train, and he could only hope the tall Servant hadn't noticed his brief lapse.

… Um, why is she in my house?

As if sensing the question that had crossed his mind, Rider spoke. "It was Sakura's request that I check on you. She was worried about your wellbeing."

Despite himself, Shirou smiled softly. Yes, that certainly sounded like Sakura; even when she was in danger, she would worry more about other people than she ever would about herself. And deep down, he was happy that even though she couldn't leave Rin's house on her own to visit him, she had thought to send Rider.

Even if, for a crazy moment, he had thought she was Saber.

"I see," he managed, noticing that she was expecting some kind of response from him. He rubbed the back of his neck, then managed a smile that she could see. "Thank you for coming Rider. I appreciate it." He hesitated. "But…"

Rider shifted from foot to foot. "Yes?"

"Um…" How exactly did he say this without sounding rude? "The accent you just used to say my name. I'd like it better if you pronounced my name the right way."

"Right way…?"

There was a moment of silence; Rider surprised Shirou by actually seeming to think it over, bringing a hand to her mouth in contemplation. The boy, meanwhile, stood there silently; he hadn't expected the black Servant to heed his request, much less think about how she should heed his request. He was further surprised when he heard her mumbling softly under her breath.

"Sh.. Shirou… no, um… Shirou… Shirou… Shirou… Shirou." She nodded to herself after a moment, then repeated his name one last time to herself, as if confirming it, before looking at him again. "Is that better?"

Shirou swallowed a little. What had just happened? For a moment there, Rider had been… well…. Cute. Who had ever thought that the tall, agile Servant dressed in black and smelling of blood would be so eager to appease his request?

I guess she's just really awkward around people…

"Yeah, that's much better. Thank you." He bowed his head in thanks.

"Please, don't thank me." Rider waved her hand, as if dismissing it. "You didn't like the way I said your name. It's only fair that you would ask me to correct it."

Lifting his head, Shirou chuckled and turned his back to the Servant, putting some of the food he had made on a plate. "It's not that I didn't like it," he murmured. "It's just that, I prefer you say my name correctly."

That's right. The only person I ever wanted to call me like that… she's the only one who had that right.

Rider might have nodded, or made some small sound of agreement or understanding; Shirou wasn't quite sure, with his back to her. All he was aware of was that several minutes passed as he finished setting the table, and the lilac-haired woman was still in his kitchen, watching him. He couldn't tell if she was still under orders at this point, or if she just was unsure about leaving him alone.

Finally, he untied his apron and hung it up in the kitchen, prepared to eat. He paused for a moment, then glanced at Rider. "Ne, Rider."

"Yes?"

"Would you like to stay for breakfast?"

There was a pause as Rider seemed to consider this; deep down, Shirou was prepared for her to say no. She was a Servant, with a fully formed contract with her Master; unlike Saber, she had no reason to eat food. It would make sense for her to turn down his offer.

So he was shocked when he noticed a small, barely noticeable smile curve her lips. "Since you asked so nicely."

Shirou blinked. "Rider…"

"Yes?"

"Did you just smile?"

And as quickly as it had appeared, her smile was gone. "I did no such thing."

Shirou decided to not push his luck.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX

It wasn't unusual for Rin to be slow at waking up. Even when she had been under threat of school and maintaining her perfect school idol image, she had never been quick to roll out of bed and start the day. It had always escaped her mind as to why anyone would be so eager to jump out of a warm, soft bed into the cold air.

This morning in particular was especially good. Her bed felt incredibly warm and extremely soft and smooth, even if the sensation against her body didn't exactly match her bed. Ah, well. Maybe she had fallen asleep in one of the other empty rooms in the house; it wasn't unusual…

Something soft tickled her nose. She grunted softly and shifted, trying to get away from it, but she still felt the soft thing against her cheek. In and of itself not a bad sensation, but certainly very odd, and enough to stir her cloudy mind into waking. Grumbling, she opened her eyes, squinting against the faint sunlight.

"Good morning, Nee-san." Sakura's voice was warm, somewhere close to her ear. In her still waking state, Rin didn't find it odd.

She yawned and stretched, like a cat in a patch of sunlight. "Morning, Sakura." She rubbed her eyes sleepily with the back of her hand, then blinked.

Wait.

Was Sakura in her… no, this wasn't her bed, it felt different, so that meant… that she…

Why am I in Sakura's bed?

Her now fully awoken mind noticed something else odd. Namely, that she was completely naked—how had her skirt ended up on a lamp?—and her hair was free from the usual ribbons that tied it back. Very slowly, she shifted.

Sakura was pressed against her side, lightly hugging her pillow, gazing at her sister with purple eyes that were both loving and nervous.

She was also naked.

And at long last, her mind connected all of the dots.

Slowly, Rin opened her mouth; she intended to say something, she knew that, but the only sound that came out was a small squeak. The two sisters stared at each other for a good, long moment. The silence stretched on, and seemed to have no end. Finally, noticing something red dangling from the ceiling, she slowly lifted her eyes and blinked.

… I didn't know Sakura's room had a ceiling fan. At least now she knew where her sweater had gone off to.

Rin's eyes lowered; once again, they stared at each other. After a long moment, she coughed. "Um… your clothes are…"

Sakura gestured to her side of the bed, where her clothes were neatly folded.

"… Right." Trying her hardest to not blush at the implications, Rin took a deep breath. She would be calm and composed about this. Her voice came out as a breathless, high-pitched squeak. "So, um… breakfast?"

Sakura latched onto the suggestion like it was a lifeline, nodding frantically and murmuring a soft "That sounds good" as she shifted and pulled the sheets back, reaching for her clothes. Blushing and hastily ripping her eyes away from her sister's form, Rin grabbed her skirt from the lamp, then once again lifted her eyes to the ceiling.

… How do I get my shirt down?

Sighing and rubbing her eyes, she sat up and shifted, standing to her full height and reaching up to grasp the red material, hoping it wouldn't rip. In the meantime, still getting dressed herself, Sakura saw the blur of flesh out of the corner of her eye; unable to resist, she hesitantly peeked back over her shoulder, letting her eyes linger…

Then hastily snapped her gaze back around when Rin glanced at her, her cheeks burning hot enough to burst into flames. She heard a grunt and felt the bed squeaking under her, but she dared not look back, not for an instant; how would she explain if Rin caught her peeking?

Her eyes slowly crept back to her sister's naked figure before she caught herself again and jerked away, yanking on her shirt with unneeded savagery.

After a moment, Rin groaned. "Sakura?"

"Yes, Nee-san?"

"Where are my stockings?"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"S-so, um, you… you have enough mana now, right?"

Rin was the one who broke the silence, her voice still far too strained and nervous to be considered her natural tone. She and Sakura sat back-to-back on the bed, the purple-haired girl staring resolutely at the wall as her sister finished dressing, having finally found all of her clothes after a brief hunt through the bedroom.

Very slowly, judging it was safe, Sakura glanced back at Rin; the older girl wasn't looking at her, but to her relief, she was fully dressed, simply tying her ribbons back into her hair. She cleared her throat. "I-I'm fine, Nee-san," she managed. "I… feel much better than I did before. So I… I think.. it w-worked."

At that, they both blushed. Saying it had 'worked' was hardly the right word to describe what had happened last night.

Rin finished tying her ribbons and tossed her hair back. "Well, I'm glad," she managed, running her hand through her black strands. "It would have been bad if we had failed."

Sakura's blush deepened, and she clasped her hands together. "I don't think we could have failed," she murmured. "You're… a very strong magus, Nee-san. You had plenty of mana."

It sounded calm, almost clinical in describing what had happened. It didn't make their blushes fade a bit.

Rin cleared her throat and hastily stood up, moving so fast that Sakura jumped and looked at her in surprise. "So! Breakfast! It's late, and you can't work on an empty stomach, right? We should get started now!"

Baffled, Sakura slowly nodded and stood up, smoothing out her skirt. Figuring the issue was resolved, at least for the time being, she headed for the door.

… Dammit. "Sakura."

She paused, glancing back. "Yes?"

"It was, um…" Rin hesitated, cursed herself, then sighed, running her hand through her hair again; a nervous habit she had never known she had. "I, uh… I hope last night was… good… for you." She practically spit the words out, relieved when her returning blush didn't get any deeper. "I'd never had sex before last night."

For a long moment, the two sisters stared at each other again. Finally, understanding what Rin was doing, Sakura giggled softly and smiled at the older girl; a true, honest, amused smile.

"Don't worry, Nee-san. Before last night, I'd never had sex with a girl."

With that, looking as if she glowed with the sun's radiance, Sakura headed out of the bedroom and downstairs. Dimly, in the back of her mind, Rin realized she had to move quickly if she wanted to claim breakfast making rights and make things fair, so the cooking was split between the two of them as she had intended.

But for a good minute or two she simply stood there, dumbstruck by the genuine warmth she had seen in Sakura's smile and, quite suddenly, feeling as if butterflies had come alive and were fluttering about in her chest and stomach.

I loved it in FF and I love it here.

Specially the after scene, with Rin searching for her clothes.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    I really like this fic. Glad it's over here now so I don't need yet another bookmark to find it. Looking forward to more.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This fic is still just as awesome as I remember it being on FF.net. Looking forward to more.
    Last edited by Airen; May 17th, 2011 at 05:31 PM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    LESBIANS

FUCK YES LESBIANS
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Bi-curious and bi-sexuals. The right terms are bi-curious and bi-sexuals

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    Right, right. That's even better.
    Arthur-san is my waifu
    [20:57] frantic: I can't even remember what opinions I actually hold about the thing compared to shit I made up to piss people off
    [17:13] Airen: Its not an airen character unless gay

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    >"Ne, Rider."
    >"Ne
    >Ne

Please never do that again.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    It is a sound that gets used in Japan (and other places), not gratuitous Japanese. Or are you worried that are large number of strangely dressed men will show up only to be driven away by 'it'?

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    It's finally here!

*happy tears*i
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    >"Ne, Rider."
    >"Ne
    >Ne

Please never do that again.
    Uh, my bad? ^^;;;;;; I figured it wasn't too bad since it's a nonspecific sound I've heard many times, but if it bothers you that much I can drop it.

Blog Entries
    Some people don't like mixing Japanese and English. Said people, when you're writing in English, prefer that you use English idioms instead of slipping in Japanese, so it'd just be "Hey, Rider" (if my elementary Japanese is correct). Just a matter of style.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    I'm sure you've been asked this a thousand times but....

When will the next chapter be ready?

Blog Entries
    Yep, yep. I guess I've just gotten so used to hearing "Ne" instead of "Hey" in Japanese that my mind automatically substituted "Ne" for "Hey", even if it's the same meaning. I'll have to keep a tighter leash on that in the future.

EDIT: @Ace: .... Hoo boy. ^^;;;;; Whenever I get the time. Writing an emotional Rin is more difficult than I bargained for, and being back home for the summer restricts my computer access.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, good luck with that~ Love the story by the way.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"