Page 1 of 22 123611 ... LastLast

Thread: Decision on Leo and Sockpuppeting in General

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Decision on Leo and Sockpuppeting in General

So the decision for the situation at hand has come, Leo gets a two week ban starting now, plus one strike on his record. The people who came afterward get one week and no strikes.

Also, a message from all of us with more details:

'Leo,

In good faith, we have decided to not go ahead with permabanning you for the joke sockpuppet. However, it is on the condition that you change your behavior in your future time here and quit teasing people with any personae and just post like a regular person, this is a demand from us and request from your peers.

As for the co-conspirators, we just ask that next time we just talk about things before you decide to break rules to protest. We'll be more receptive on listening to your woes, however, we also can't say that we'll agree and do what you ask.

As for the sockpuppeting rule, we compromised on a single strike for the offense, rather than a perm. People reaching out for not being able to log into their accounts will not be punished, but a strict warning to not abuse this will be given (not a warning that adds to your tally of course). Jokes, flames, and trolling with accounts are subject to a strike on your record.

In addition, so it's not like we are pointing our guns squarely at Leo, we are currently remodeling rules concerning the terrible posting behavior seen around here for a long time, basically, it's a directive against shitposting and a request to show a lighter tone in language. Not that I mean to censor the populace with this request, but I would rather this place not gain the same "culture" (if you can call this behavior that) of places like 4chan. Calling each other 'faggot' all the time and ridiculous overuse of image macros and memes for just being in general assholes and derailing discussion on extreme tangents will have stricter policing, to curb trolling/spam and increase the quality of posts, and wean people off the mentality they've gotten from perusing the chans.

Also, Theo and Beam were officially taken off as moderators and we are looking into people to fill the positions. More to come on that later.

Next, about the 7th, while it is for random fun as the name suggests far too often I've seen people abuse that to mean shitposting about other members and in general use it as an excuse to be dicks. Improving it will also improve things so that the 7th can be a place to have fun as it was intended to be rather than to be used like a containment board.

If this initiative makes you feel like you won't be able to handle these directives or that it would change the "culture" you believe BL to have been, we can discuss it, but I'm firm in wanting to do this to make BL better. People who aren't interested in making this site a more friendlier place to he are free to leave. Hopefully all our members are interested in changing this place for the better.

-The Administrator and Moderator Team
    That should give you all the details about what went down.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Co-conspirator?

That's a big word.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Thedoctor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Co-conspirator?

That's a big word.
    What would they even be conspiring against?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for changing your mind.

That said, if you want to shape the forum into a better place, please get more active community members in the staff. There's no real point to ivory tower modding. You might in the end just alienate the forum users because you have no idea what the people actually want out of this place.

I don't think a full staff change is feasible but you definitely need people that are actually members of this community in your staff if you want to change the place for the better. Maybe 4 out of 12 people in your current one actually engage in the community and that's not a good number.

It might be for the best to make moderator a more temporary, more easily changed position. Theo and Beam have been corpses for months.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Seven days, he rises once more.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    That was a nice letter. I never knew that the 7th is a bad place. =_=
    Last edited by Renko; November 19th, 2014 at 10:18 AM.

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Blog Entries
    Pai, plz stay strong.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for changing your initial decision and for the reasonable outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    I have to say I'm quite impressed at how this worked out. As Buster said more active mods in the community would be beneficial for everyone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    Thank you for changing your initial decision and for the reasonable outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frantic Author View Post

Seven days, he rises once more.

Time to hire some strippers for his return party

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    More active mods is in my personal opinion a must, it would help create a better community.

This is a pretty good outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks View Post
    More active mods is in my personal opinion a must, it would help create a better community.
    Theo and Beam were actually the only 2 inactive mods to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by KosakiFag View Post
    Why don't you love him too then?
    You're both Grails.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Others may be active, but they're not really "active".

At least not in ways that the community can see and point to as an indication that they're actually doing anything.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    Considering that almost RB and Theo made almost a third of the total mods that's quite a lot.

Blog Entries
    Not out of seven. Two is still two.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we need more mods.

- - - Updated - - -

Others may be active, but they're not really "active".

At least not in ways that the community can see and point to as an indication that they're actually doing anything.
    This too.

SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for changing your minds. This is a pretty good resolution, all things considered, and I'm happy you at the end of the day kept the forum's health in mind over going full-on delusional rule-suckling.

Blog Entries
    Are you going to change his username to Leo-chan, too?

Blog Entries
    I think this calls for a bowl of fruity pebbles.