View Poll Results: What is your favorite fight scene so far?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Ghoul (Chapter 7)

0 0%
  • The Slipping Hableries (Chapter 13)

0 0%
  • Shadow Yosuke (Chapters 14-15)

2 7.41%
  • The Lying Hablerie and Calm Pesce (Chapter 18)

0 0%
  • Shadow Chie (Chapter 19)

12 44.44%
  • Shadow Yukiko (Chapter 21)

8 29.63%
  • The Yomi Duo (Chapter 25)

5 18.52%
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Reach Out (Fate/Stay Night x Persona 4)

This is still as good as I remembered! Even better, with the songs in the right places!

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Quote Originally Posted by VelspertheCat View Post
    I always liked the understated ending to Yukiko's arc.
    It helped that all the necessary stuff that followed after the canon fight was already talked about, or would have been pandering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    I just finished marathon-reading this - and it's as much fun as playing the actual game was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    This is still as good as I remembered! Even better, with the songs in the right places!
    Glad you all think so. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    I definitely like the expanded takes on the shadow fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    Now that's different! I wonder what Fuji-nee's persona will be.
    I wanted to make the Shadows feel just as dangerous as they should be in the given environment. Even in the anime the Shadow boss fights were pretty underwhelming and there was no real sense of danger.

As for Taiga, her Persona will obviously be [Redacted]. Depending on what I plan to do next chapter, we might see her either real soon or much later.

P.S. I'm on another obligation writing something original for NaNoWriMo so the next chapter will have to wait until next month to even be started written.

But you're free to ask questions here that weren't asked in the Spacebattles thread. I'll see how well I can answer them without spoiling too much.
    Last edited by Kishou the Badger; November 22nd, 2014 at 10:20 PM.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I haven't caught up yet, but it's good to see more changes taking place.

A lot of crossovers make the mistake of just plugging the new MC into the story and then having everything play out the exact same way.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Create History with the light even God doesn't know Der Ritter's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    A lot of crossovers make the mistake of just plugging the new MC into the story and then having everything play out the exact same way.
    *hurls a little bit in his mouth* Please don't remind me of those. They hurt like a Beedril sting. ;~;

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just think about how all of this is liable to play out, instead - especially when we get to the Grail War.

. . . Personally, I'm eager to see how Kishou handles the romantic routes of the P4 characters - Yukiko is my particular favourite (a yamato nadeshiko-type voiced by Amanda Winn Lee - change her hair and eye colour and you'd have Takara Aozaki right there ), and while I never got far enough in the game to acquire her as a party member, the anime has given me a certain fondness for Naoto as well.

I think Shirou would particularly understand the latter girl, even as she'd be the most dangerous to him - if anyone is liable to look further into magecraft . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Who stole my donuts!? Leo Novum's Avatar
    I, for one, hope that the Grail War will involve the Investigation Team kicking some Servant ass together while Burn my Dread plays in the background. (Power levels be damned, ALL HAIL THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!)
    If I'm an unknown being, then the way I can change is unknown, too…
    So all I have to do… is make them not-unknown.
    - Teddie, Perona 4

Spoiler:

Say what again, I dare you!

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo Novum View Post
    I, for one, hope that the Grail War will involve the Investigation Team kicking some Servant ass together while Burn my Dread plays in the background. (Power levels be damned, ALL HAIL THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!)
    I can't really imagine that happening. Other than some of the Servants like Saber who have high magic resistance, Servants also have more experience with fighting in general. Personas or not, the IT are still a bunch of kids who have never experienced warfare. They may be experienced enough about bloodshed at the end of the game but that's not going to be enough with people who have accomplished literal legendary feats in their lives.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    The fic is fine as it is. No need to squeeze in unnecessary boring stuff in it!

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Quote Originally Posted by fsnfan View Post
    I can't really imagine that happening. Other than some of the Servants like Saber who have high magic resistance, Servants also have more experience with fighting in general. Personas or not, the IT are still a bunch of kids who have never experienced warfare. They may be experienced enough about bloodshed at the end of the game but that's not going to be enough with people who have accomplished literal legendary feats in their lives.
    Hey, a guy can wank, can't he?
    - Teddie, Perona 4

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Hey, a guy can wank, can't he?
    Wanking characters for the sake of "awesome" is terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Create History with the light even God doesn't know Der Ritter's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Because kicking the crap out of the Shinto Goddess of the Underworld isn't legendary enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Ritter View Post
    Because kicking the crap out of the Shinto Goddess of the Underworld isn't legendary enough?
    Well, the final boss fight gave off the impression that she let the Investigation Team win. At least to me, it did. So it won't count as legendary enough.
    - Teddie, Perona 4

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Just think about how all of this is liable to play out, instead - especially when we get to the Grail War.

. . . Personally, I'm eager to see how Kishou handles the romantic routes of the P4 characters - Yukiko is my particular favourite (a yamato nadeshiko-type voiced by Amanda Winn Lee - change her hair and eye colour and you'd have Takara Aozaki right there ), and while I never got far enough in the game to acquire her as a party member, the anime has given me a certain fondness for Naoto as well.

I think Shirou would particularly understand the latter girl, even as she'd be the most dangerous to him - if anyone is liable to look further into magecraft . . .
    I'll be sure to give all girls (and guys) liable spotlight in the future. But nothing like Emiya Clan where he marries everyone (Taiga would kill him if THAT actually happened).

I haven't caught up yet, but it's good to see more changes taking place.

I just went with what Shirou would have said and done in this scenario, like taking the job at the gas station (seriously, why didn't even Golden give you the option for that? Let alone other writers taking such an awesome opportunity). I also want to save time by fast forwarding to the actual dungeon stuff, but time may tell how well that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Renko View Post
    The fic is fine as it is. No need to squeeze in unnecessary boring stuff in it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Wanking characters for the sake of "awesome" is terrible.
    It might be a bit too early to say, but just because the Investigation Team will have a lot of time facing Shadows, it doesn't necessarily make them instant experts and ready to face Servants. Other magi, sure, because Shirou will have gone through more life or death situations than in canon. A part of me can't help but wonder that in trying to make Shirou more "badass" or competent that other writers forget that the rest of his competition, aside from the hardened magi, are the very embodiment of awesome. It's like they only remember that Shirou got lucky with his skill set or had a lot of help (tracing Caliburn, getting prana enough to activate his Reality Marble, Archer's Arm)

Quote Originally Posted by Der Ritter View Post
    Well, the final boss fight gave off the impression that she let the Investigation Team win. At least to me, it did. So it won't count as legendary enough.
    That battle is more of a conviction of will than anything else. A final test. If they failed, there's literally nothing stopping the goddess from starting over if it's still what the people wanted; their own quiet oblivion.

It would count in some ways that most other people wouldn't even try to accomplish what they did.

Blog Entries
    pls don't mention emiya clan

i dont need to an hero another time this month

Quote Originally Posted by ZidanReign View Post
    pls don't mention emiya clan

i dont need to an hero another time this month
    Sorry.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishou the Badger View Post
    I'll be sure to give all girls (and guys) liable spotlight in the future. But nothing like Emiya Clan where he marries everyone (Taiga would kill him if THAT actually happened).
    Thanks - I appreciate that. Though a harem might make for a good omake/Bad End joke . . .

It might be a bit too early to say, but just because the Investigation Team will have a lot of time facing Shadows, it doesn't necessarily make them instant experts and ready to face Servants. Other magi, sure, because Shirou will have gone through more life or death situations than in canon. A part of me can't help but wonder that in trying to make Shirou more "badass" or competent that other writers forget that the rest of his competition, aside from the hardened magi, are the very embodiment of awesome. It's like they only remember that Shirou got lucky with his skill set or had a lot of help (tracing Caliburn, getting prana enough to activate his Reality Marble, Archer's Arm)

That battle is more of a conviction of will than anything else. A final test. If they failed, there's literally nothing stopping the goddess from starting over if it's still what the people wanted; their own quiet oblivion.

It would count in some ways that most other people wouldn't even try to accomplish what they did.
    It's good that you appreciate the details involved in both worlds - it implies you'll take care when handling them in the story.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    Oh yeah, everything I've seen so far gives me hope that he'll do all right. Though if you did want to work in the investigation team into the grail war. Make one of them into Assassin's Master. Possibly Naoto since she seems the most appropriate and the most likely to get involved of the team. Plus watching her realize how far down the rabbit hole goes would be hilarious.
    People will make mistakes, its a fact of life. But if you don't try for fear of failing then you're making the biggest one of all.

So Live your life, you only get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    It couldn't have been more damsel in distress if when Ilya met them in the hall she had been dressed like Bowser.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    What was Teddie referring to when he said that the runaway Shadows could become "something else" if they absorbed enough Shadows?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout View Post
    Oh yeah, everything I've seen so far gives me hope that he'll do all right. Though if you did want to work in the investigation team into the grail war. Make one of them into Assassin's Master. Possibly Naoto since she seems the most appropriate and the most likely to get involved of the team. Plus watching her realize how far down the rabbit hole goes would be hilarious.
    no

Blog Entries
    What was Teddie referring to when he said that the runaway Shadows could become "something else" if they absorbed enough Shadows?
    Effectively, they become boss monsters.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette