Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1520232425

Thread: Ouroboros - Magus Wars IC

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Emelie Ingesson
    Tokyo, Resistance Hideout at Shinjuku
    July 7th, 2041

Emelie took a moment to consider the situation. The bathroom didn’t have a window after all, and… yeah, she doubted the girl would try to escape, at this point, not when she had understood that something was wrong with her. There was no need to be that paranoid.

“Yeah, you can use the bathroom.” Emelie changed her posture on the chair. “While you’re at it, look if you got some sort of mark on your body. Perhaps something that wasn’t there before?”

She shrugged, and allowed the girl to go do her business. She doubted she’d find that much: a mark would probably mean that some sort of curse was being used as a basis, although Emelie doubted it was going to be that simple. Splitting one’s soul would be an extremely advanced way of magic, one she didn’t even know that was possible, nor could she understand very well what the point of it was. Perhaps he could guarantee himself some sort of immortality as long as one piece of the soul remained, but doing something like that should have the kind of side-effects that appeared in dark horror rumors about the underside of the magic society. Could someone like that be even called ‘human’ anymore? She had to guess the one-eyed fucker had achieved his objective, in a way.

All things considered, she hadn’t made much of a headway on anything. She had probably let the chance of finding Ouroboros go, and there were no clues available regarding the bastard. She would interrogate Johanna, but Emelie had the feeling she’d have gotten more immediate answers ripping her apart. She had, through her childhood lessons, enough knowledge of magic theory that she could probably glean something while doing so, but it wouldn’t have been worth the mess, and there were no guarantees. Plus the asshole had split himself up in so many parts that she couldn’t go just murdering them all. She was fairly uncaring of what happened to others, but even someone as revenge driven as her would feel… wouldn’t be keen on harming innocents.

This was way too annoying, and Emelie was now thinking on what to do now. She had recruited Johanna by impulse, and now she had two options, given that she had no idea of how the bastard would be able to influence her. She doubted possession was possible, but who knew what’d happen in a case like this. So either she kept her extremely close, or extremely far, which she couldn’t do due to lacking means to establish a long-distance watch. Which meant she’d have to stick with her, and that made Emelie very unhappy. Unless it was with her ‘senpai’ in Duodecim, she’d much rather work alone, and she didn’t like contact with other people.

Ah well, she’d have to deal with it. First, she needed to get as much as she could from the girl.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tyrfing Dragonfriend
    - Boundary Elemental Village “Harmony”
    July 7th, 2041

As the wisp appears, Tyr smiles politely, ignoring the minor fact that it was naught but an eye - elderly, by the looks of it, but an eye nevertheless.

[Well, well. Just on time, you two. I’ve been getting old waiting for you. The name's Medama-jiji, and it’s not every day I get visitors from the outside world...]

It's a good natured creature, and so Tyr does not mind simply listening to it, allowing it to makes its place.

[Well, I know what you want to ask for, but first - there is a little due you need to make for my services. As you see, while I can divinate what may or may not happen inside the Boundary, I am always short on news of the outside...so, spin me a few tales about what’s the hottest topic out there, eh?]

"But of course, kind sir!" Tyr says with a grin, bowing slightly as he does so. "I am rather meagre in the ways of the bard, but I was slightly trained in it! However... Alas, I am far too old for such modern tales, having only recently come to see this era. And so, I will be forced, dreadfully, to tell you only of the scantest news that I know - that is, what I have seen."

He sits, stretches his arms a bit, and begins to speak --

Weaving a tale.

A tale of men who do not wish magic to roam the realm.

A tale of beasts returning to a world that desires them to leave.

A tale of a single girl who wants nothing more then to save a spirit.

And of a man.

A man out of time, out of place, who knows his true path. That there's only one thing this world, so different from the one he had just left, could ever possibly desire.

"I will bring it back," He says to the eye, stating intentions previously only in his heart. "The magic that has been hidden; that sort of thing cannot stay hidden simply because of the works of men. If it wishes to appear, it will! And so I will make it appear again! It matters naught what the realms of man desire for it, because magic is for everyone, yes? One should not have to uncover a secret to learn to cast a spell. One does not need to fight a dragon to summon a blade. All of that is in your heart of hearts, and so if this world's heart says that magic must be hidden, I must change its mind! For magic is not for ones such as those who sit around this room, but for all the realm!"

It is a simple story, but one from his heart. A story of a man who wants nothing more then to show the world the magics that are hidden inside of it. And so he must. And so he will.

"That is a tale I can weave, but I'm sure that Kaname Rei has more stories then just mine. You may ask her as well, if you wish!"
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Zagrin's Avatar
    Maxim Aeternum
    ?????
    ?????
    HP: 274/274 | MP: 246/370

Well that was quite the exhilarating experience for Maxim. One moment he was making small talk with a detachment of scribes, trying to teach them the value of their lives and how easily one could lose such a valuable possession and the next...well he wasn't quite sure, what with having been completely enveloped in darkness. Now he was simply left to wonder as to where exactly he had ended up being taken. A difficult task to be sure what with the dark room and nothing really discernible in it.

Well nothing really discernible other than the man in a coat who hadn't even bothered to greet his guest! Seriously, such a lack of manners was truly deplorable! Which meant he probably wasn't one of those knights, those people tended to retain at least some etiquette when it came to common courtesy. Clearly this meant that this man was either a member of the magi or someone who was completely unaligned in the silly 'war' that was happening.

Maxim didn't immediately say anything in regard to the current situation though. Rather he merely tapped his fingers on his left knuckle as he quietly looked around, trying to survey his immediate surroundings as best he could. Once he realized what a fruitless struggle this was though he conceded to the unknown man's unspoken request and spoke.

"Yeah so...thanks for pulling me out of that situation back there. Now if you could be a pal and send me off to Ikebukuro with whatever it was that you used to bring me here, I'd really appreciate it. I've kind of got an appointment over there that I'd really hate to miss."

Akio Kurogami
    Shinjuku, Alleyways
    July 7th, 2041

“Didn’t seem to be the talkative type eh? Aha funny, funny, though I can’t really say your wrong, ooooor maybe it’s just that I can’t say your right! Ahaha isn’t this all such fun but another drink please~”

Giggling at the circular words and the fact the man hasn’t seemed to catch onto what happened or maybe he just doesn’t feel like saying it out loud, oh my now wouldn’t that be polite. Either way, either way it hardly matters it seems like Akio is sulking so I guess that means I have free reign until I push him too far and get a smack to the face.

Freedom ~ It’s such a beautiful thing ~ Let us drink to the world and its fun ~

“Cheers.”

Clinking our glass with this Dels I bask in the warmth of the drink and in the fact that I now have a drinking partner, I can’t say it really matters to me much the world is full of wonderful and intriguing things regardless of if I’m accompanied or not, though a partner often adds to the chaos.

Listening to the man’s words I flick our head back and forth as I debate.

“Why I’m here huh? Now isn’t that a question that provokes thought towards its answer. Why I’m here… Why I’m here… One could say it’s rather obvious yet sometimes I doubt that. I aim to chase a dragon into its grave, I wish to carry a princess off, I desire make the heavens mine, I shall see if I can get a decent lunch in this city. I just have so many things I want you see that chasing one particular goal becomes a tad meaningless so I’ll have to apologize because I doubt that was the answer you were looking for yet at the same time I’ll also have to thank you because you also gave me something I myself was looking for.

You see everyone always talks about boredom, which is something I truly find funny, after all the world is so intriguing it bogles the mind with a flavor of intoxication, from little to big, from a cloud to a cataclysm everything and everything is interesting you just have to be willing to open your mind. Ahahaha people are always so silly about things it just makes me want to laugh, like that snake for example he simply drifts from place to place because in search of something hook him yet if he truly comprehended the world he’d find such things are all around him but honestly that is more of a tangent. A game sounds like just the thing to hit the spot now doesn’t it ~

Although now that you’ve named what I stand to gain as a victor but I just can’t help wonder what would you gain? Or would entertainment be its own reward? Ahahaha we haven’t even started and its already such fun.

So now than down to the business of games, I find everything in this world interesting one way or another but you people are a tad more distracted so won’t you tell me what you truly find interesting so that we may begin?”

A smile that although begins small it starts to grow with every word heard and spoken until it stretches like the sea, teeth gleaming, hunger for all bared in the dancing lights of our eyes and laughter touching our face.

Fun, fun, fun ~

Shiro has anyone ever told you you’re an idiot and that you sound like a moron or a drunk?

Many, many people yet it doesn’t really matter in the end because I’m still here laughing and they aren’t so let’s do our best Akio our new friend has been ever so kind so let’s repay him with everything we have!

Yeah this and you are completely stupid.

And you’re a cute little temperamental an sulky little puppy what’s your point?

Blog Entries
    Hoshizora Hikari
    Ikebukuro
    13th Ward
    July 7th, 2041

Most would consider the amount of force Hikari used as excessive. She considered it a perfectly acceptable amount, judging by the amount of people fleeing. It was the impression of sheer violence that stopped further crime, not kindness. Sadly, tragically, people only responded to fear of punishment.

And if she was a servant of the law, she needed to do anything and everything to make sure justice was enforced.

Gliding down with Fortress, Hikari approached the girl, no weapons in hand. Only a dissonantly serene smile and an open hand.

“You’re under arrest for disturbing the peace,” she said, as if the reason really meant anything. “Any further resistance will be met with force.”

The calm tone was perhaps the most unnerving things a person could ever hear.

Morisaku Ryosuke
    Wine Cellar of ?Unknown?
    July 7th, 2041

"The shirt? Sure, why not."

Her eyes narrowed naughtily as she unbuttoned her shirt, leaving her torso bare for you to see. Well, her body itself wasn't anything spectacular, although your eyes do trace across some simple-sized breasts. Then your eyes lower down, and you see a multitude of crisscrossed scars and burns, wounds that would make most people grimace. Perhaps she had gone through a similar process you had?

"Half a lung gone, intestines in shatters, spleen not functioning properly, and well, a multitude of issues all over, thanks to our friend Ouroborus. Nothing I can't fix later with the proper preparations and the materials, say, compatible organs - "

She pokes you on the forehead and merely chuckles for a second.

"So, that make things any cooler for you? Did I heat things up enough?"

She takes a swig of the vodka herself, her face heating up slowly as the alcohol ran through her wrecked system.

"Or do you need a little more...violent type of persuasion, Mr. M?"

She signals the goo, which starts rumbling towards your mouth again, although she flicks her finger and it stops mid way, just eyeing you right on top of your nose.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Morisaku Ryosuke
    Wine Cellar of ?Unknown?
    July 7th, 2041

It wasn't the prettiest sight. Normally, Ryosuke would've laughed at it, mocking the girl's wounds, but...

"Heats it up, yeah. But..."

His grin faded.

"I meant mine."

His blood is pumping for a multitude of reasons. Fear, arousal, disgust, and perhaps even sympathy.

"They say scars build character. Where I come from, they show off how tough you are. If you're sharing... it's only right to return the favour."

Ryo bared his chest and closed his eyes.

[Oy,] he called out, to the being wrapped around his heart, sleeping under a sea of similar scars. [You shitty snake. Call me a softie if you want, but help out, won't you? We both got fucked by Ouroboros, it ain't right that I'm the only one who gets away with it.]

"Who knows?" he whispered. "Maybe they'll tell you something."

Blog Entries
    Kazuki
    Akihabara, [ ] Hideout
    July 7th, 2041

"You know, for someone who's supposed to be an old hag, you sure do have a charming way of talking."

After listening to Arangsa explain herself in full, I shake it off with a joking remark.

I'm not sure exactly how much of it all I can take at face value. Generally, I wanna just go out on good faith and believe everything she says. But I'm just too wary. And I guess that the fact I'm dealing with an actual snake isn't helping either.

Like it or not, we've been perceived as a threat. It doesn't matter how they try to doll it up, dress it up, or apologize for it. Some paranoid jerks are looking down at us from above and sending people to "deal with us". Test or not, this little event has shown me exactly where our supposed allies have placed their priorities. But I think the worst part of it is that now they're trying to put us on some kind of leash. Saying that we can call ourselves Resistance so long as we make ourselves useful? Honestly, it's starting to get hard to tell the difference between these guys and the bastards back at the lab.

All that aside, I don't want our little snake lady here to think that little explanation gives her and her people a free pass. I may be a pretty easygoing guy and all, but when things involve my friends- my family- there's no way I'm just going to let people string us along. No matter how outclassed we are.

"But thanks for the lesson. I had no idea the Resistance was such an 'exclusive' club. Had I known we had to be a bunch of dusty old farts to fight against the Scribes, I probably would have opted for a different banner."

I laugh and shrug, but there is nothing but truth to my words.

"Jokes aside... You can let your master or whoever know I'm not impressed. We didn't ask for your help before and if he thinks tossing some money our way is going to sway our loyalties, he's got another thing coming..."

I cross my arms and prop myself up against one of the concrete pillars. Partly it's so that I can catch my breath after that little fight of ours... But it's mostly to conceal the slight trembling in my arms and legs. After all, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. The person before me has already demonstrated that she is far stronger than I am. Her overseers are without a doubt even stronger than her... Still, I can't back down from this position. It was the same when we finally decided to break out of that lab. But now that we've made it this far, I can't afford to tuck my tail between my legs and cower. There's just too much at stake.

"All we want is our freedom. So long as we have that, we don't need some fancy hideout or any sketchy financial backing. So long as we have each other, we'll manage. ...We've had enough of being used by others."

By now I'm sure she's picked up on my fear, if she hadn't already. But, despite that, my words are clear. Even knowing that should could probably end me in a second... Even knowing that her master is probably listening to this somehow... I don't falter and I make sure that Blank's message gets across.
    "I promise nothing." - Sei "Kanra" Slayers
    Resident Sadist. Enjoys stepping and sitting on people.
    Avid lover of butts and anime.

Blog Entries
    Cernunnos
    Tokyo, Shinagawa, Tokyo Port
    July 7th, 2041

Cernunnos quietly broke the barriers between his hands, one after the other falling before the resonance of a god. Even so, it was slow, and he let the girl next to him wait in silence as he severed each connection until there was nothing left but fading hints of magic and empty air that allowed them to pass.

The warehouse that her eyes had led them to was most likely the one, if the wards around it served as any indication. The giant let out a breath that hissed into the air; even he could grow impatient - well, not impatient, not really - in the way that a sea begins to stir after hours spent looking at its placid surface. Ouroboros could be anywhere in the city by now, but he had made his choice.

A moment's thought called forth two hounds from the hunt, clawing their way out of the shadows cast by the giant and the far shorter girl next to him, and an even shorter command dispatched them without a word, Cernunnos's eyes affixed to the hideout. The dogs had scampered off to track down the caster as no normal hound could, by magic alone, and so the ancient mage stood and waited.

The girl's eyes would be invaluable to him.

There was plenty of time.
    [12:37] <I3uster> if playing overwatch would save my mother from the deathbed
    [12:37] <I3uster> id probably flip a coin
    [12:38] <I3uster> to see if i play or not

[18:23] <frantic> spinach is like a caffeine zombie

[18:23] <frantic> in AX he would like
    [18:23] <frantic> drink 8 shots of espresso
    [18:23] <frantic> then he'd turn to me an hour later
    [18:23] <frantic> 'frantic', he'd say, his eyes wild and his lips smug
    [18:23] <frantic> 'i need coffee'

Vita Aurora Bismark
    Narita, Tokyo
    July 7th, 2041

"Hahaha...well, I'm not too sure about the details, but considering some serious Yggdrasil blokes have been moving in here and then, maybe you could strike up something with them."

After all, while he was informed on some of the tidbits, he was just another NCO tasked with the job of introducing you to the place, not as an actual full expert on Yggdrasil gear.

"About the Knights though, they might return after their mission considering they live in the same building as you for now."

Perhaps this meant you could get some information on the mana systems of Lancelot and Gawain? Well, it seems even the Sergeant didn't know who of the round had actually come to work at Japan.

"OK, we're here...and please, don't be too alarmed if your room is decked full of Hello Kitty. Really, that happened once before..."

You two step out of the car as the automated system moves the vehicle to the parking pool.

"Well then, your room is on the fifth floor. This way, warrant officer."

-----------

Officer Barracks, Scribe HQ
    Ginza

You arrive on the fifth floor, and stand in front of room 502. There is a refreshing boquet stuck in front of your door for some reason, although there are no signs of overwhelming pink yet.

"The Lieutenant Colonel should be in your room setting the final touches with the other contractors, so..."

The Sergeant rings the bell and stands in front of the door patiently. As you do, a gruff voice yells "Come in, it's open!!"

He opens the door.

Spoiler:

....Wow, is the only words to describe the muscular hulk in full black uniform. He is built like something straight out of mundane movies, with not a speck of excess fat. Was this man even Japanese? He looked rather white...

At least your house seemed pretty spic and span, with no sign of cute characters everywhere. It was clean and refreshing, with no excess furniture.

"Welcome, Warrant Officer. I am Lieutenant Colonel Edomae Jin."

After salutes were exchanged, he grasps your hand in a firm handshake.

"There is a separate workshop set in the second floor of the suite which you may alter per your requests, but aside from that, everything here is set and done. Any questions?"

His voice is gravelly, gruff, and very manly. Macho was the only word you could devise from it.

Rhea Durlam
    Ikebukuro
    13th Ward
    July 7th, 2041

Craig was in no position nor state to resist. He had been stabbed and cut in multiple areas and was barely hanging on with mere willpower, but he was running on fumes at this point.

Even if he was a man with a goal, a man with spirit, and a man that was built like a mountain, there is always a breaking point. His mind resisted your words, his eyes burning with defiance - but his body was at the point of crumbling, and he couldn't even say a word thanks to the slow churn of blood rising through his throat. He choked, trying to inhale and cough out blood a the same time.

Come to think of it, even if he wanted to lie face down, he might not have the power to do so.

You approach him, GMD ready to close his worst wounds. At that moment he tries to raise his hand towards you, and you merely pause and look at him - as his hand collapses and his face falls, unconscious.

Gazing at the fallen man, you proceed with the healing process, staunching his worst wounds. It was mere first aid - the blood lost would not be replenished, and his inner organs would need proper tending to back at the base's hospital. Hopefully the doctors there would tend to him readily.

Now then, how were you to lug him back home?

--------

Hoshizora Hikari
    Ikebukuro
    13th Ward
    July 7th, 2041

You approach the smaller girl, who is struggling to get up despite her broken bones. Her eyes are lifeless and blank, but her body moves almost automatically, attempting to get up and failing as she crumples down upon her broken leg with a nasty crack. She was still holding one weapon, a semi-translucent sword crackling with weak energy, and was trying to prop herself back up with it - however, it fizzled out of existence as she crashed again.

You appraise the damage - at least one broken leg, the other badly bruised - internal bleeding looking from the blood she was dribbling from her mouth and coughing up - several ribs broken or cracked - the right arm dislocated from the final bash to the wall -

Overall, very severely wounded, as if she had taken a megaton sledgehammer to the torso. Which was, all in all, pretty much the effect of what had hit her some time ago...

Slowly, she stops moving - lifeless, as if a puppet cut from her strings. She was breathing alright, meaning she wasn't dead... but as she stops moving, and her listless eyes close, you find it your queue to go and cuff her. She doesn't resist your mana shackles, Scribe-made devices that disrupt the creation and formation of mana structures which compose spells. It didn't work on everyone, but it was still a good method of capturing other mages.

---------------------

The two of you rendezvous at the now-empty plaza, both carrying a prisoner on your back. Now you just had to make your way back home...But first, it is your duty as Scribes to report back to your boss. He doesn't pick up the call, however - perhaps he was busy somehow?

Instead, a blast of light, and a man wearing a rather unorthodox outfit pops out of thin air.

"Oh, good job you two."

Both of you didn't know him, but he's wearing the special Scribe Insignia for Contractor, a mage-for hire. Almost like a Freelancer, but just Scribe affiliated...

"The name's Jeiss Enrico, contracted Teleporter. Now then, apparently your bossman is currently preoccupied, so your call was sent to me - to pick your prisoners up ASAP."

He bows lightly, smiling.

"After all, I think that man will die soon without treatment...so, what about you two? Also heading right back to base?"

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rhea Durlam
    Ikebukuro
    13th Ward
    July 7th, 2041

"..."

Kneeling next to the body of the once proud man, the dark haired girl hadn't said a single word since his collapse, her efforts devoted entirely to making sure the former gang leader didn't bleed to death from his injuries. She was not a talented medic, she was a soldier that protected others simply by cutting down the enemy before it could do any further damage, but she did the best she could anyway, silently staunching his wounds, aware of how weak his pulse had gotten, but unable to do much more than stabilize his condition.

In the end, when the glow from her GMD had faded, the girl silently lugged the giant of a man onto her shoulders without a single ounce of hesitation. She wasn't the most physically powerful of magic users, but the motion is nevertheless effortless, a certain pure strength showing itself from her otherwise petite body.

He wasn't that heavy.

Acknowledging this with a nod, the young woman starts off without slowing, eye slowly returning to normal as her fighting spirit swiftly returned to zero.

---

"Mission parameters have been met. Returning to base is a valid option. Mission success should be reported immediately; at least in person if not through long distance communications."

Speaking to the Contractor without emotion, the dark haired sniper tilts her head slightly to the side, taking her partner's figure into account, deciding to leave the ultimate answer up to her.

"Was there anything else we needed to do Hikari?"
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dolores Underwood
    Tokyo, Akihabara - TREE
    July 7th, 2041

“How…. repulsive. Why even bother making something as gormless like this?”

The dark purple beast that had just now burst through the wall (yet again) raised its glowing eyes up towards Dolores from amidst the cloud of dust that had kicked up by its arrival. Waves of mindless bloodlust excluded from the giant beast. A hint of humanity though was left in its magical signature. No doubt some hapless chap was used as the monsters base, his humanity and sense of self completely shattered by the procedure.

There were two major ways that magical constructs such as these operated. Either they were fully under the control of the wielder, or they were based on some sort of basic automatization, with mental orders already placed within the construct beforehand.

Well… I guess it could be completely out of control.

“Either way. I don’t really want to play with pets.” A mocking smile arose on the raven-haired witch’s face. ”I’m quite allergic, I’m afraid.”

Just as the beast started its almost cataclysmic charge towards her, Dolores simply closed her eyes, turned her head away from the charging chimera and calmly snapped her fingers.

Sirius!

A brilliant flash of intense, blinding white light consumed everything in their small section of the massive trunk. The usage of flashbangs was a well-established custom amongst most law enforcement agencies for a very long time and such approaches were still commonly used, even in this day and age. A tried and true tactic. It just happened that her approach had bit more bite to it.

She was a witch, after all.

Unfortunately, for the beast in front of her, the spell also had a relatively nasty curse interwoven into it. As the “brightest star in the sky” it held quite an importance to… who were they again? Well, some prehistoric group of dimwits considered it important. Divine, in fact. Enough so that its light should “sear out the eyes of the unworthy”! Who was the unworthy? Well… everyone by the looks of it. Quite a dogmatic bunch, really. Though, in hindsight, that is probably why they never made it past prehistory.

Keeping a careful eye on the, now hopefully blinded, beast, Dolores calmly stepped towards the exit leading further upwards. Hopefully, the chimera would be overwhelmed for a long enough period to allow her to continue upwards. She had scheduled a meeting, after all.

Sirius
    Sirius
    A light-based spell named after the brightest star in the sky. Created by forming a miniature illusionary replica of the Sirius star that lasts for the briefest of seconds. Acting much like an extremely intense magical flashbang, it releases an overwhelming amount of light with the aim of blinding the opponent. As the “brightest star in the sky”, the light emitted by the spell has been interwoven with a curse that “rejects the gaze of the unworthy”. In practical terms, when gazing upon the light emitted by the spell, the curse causes the victims eyeballs to burst into azure flames and be completely seared to ash.

[Status Spell]

Blinds a single enemy and lowers their DEX massively. If INT is higher than enemy RES, the witch's curse embedded inside the light will penetrate the eyes of the enemy, burning them from the inside with azure flames and dealing INT amount of damage. Usually this will destroy the enemy's eyes completely until they are repaired with magecraft. Those with higher resistance will take less damage to the eyes, though.

Elena Underwood
    Tokyo, Shinjuku Slums
    July 7th, 2041

“Shit, goddamnit, ow let me go ow -”
    “Your fingers are quick enough, but that is not good enough brat. I have no idea how you managed to survive for this long if you cant even properly gauge your targets.”

The kid that had mere moments ago stolen her wallet was now squirming impotently in Elena’s iron grip. If the kid had any kind of sense, he would have known to stay as far away as possible from her. Stealing from Freelancers, or worse the Resistance, was bound to end with the kid dead in a ditch somewhere. Tokyo was not kind to children these days. Especially to street urchins. But it did foster some bonds of fellowship, as a number of other kids suddenly emerged from the woodworks.

Elena’s eyes took in the, now over twenty, kids that were slowly approaching her.

“If your plan was to force me to release your friend, you should have already attacked. Revealing yourself like this is pointless.”

Having said that, the white-haired swordswoman unceremoniously let go of the kid in her grasp, allowing the younger child to tumble harmlessly to the ground.

“You are in luck, however. I am neither particularly cruel nor am I in the mood for some petty punishment.” Her stony eyes crossed over to the sprawled out boy in front of her. “But the next Freelancer you try to mug might be. So you might want to be a bit more selective next time.”

In a casual motion, Elena pulled out a rather considerable amount of cash from her wallet.

“I am looking for a man named Kaku. Would any of you happen to know where he is right now?”

Blog Entries
    Hoshizora Hikari
    Ikebukuro
    13th Ward
    July 7th, 2041

“No, I don’t believe so. We have off-days and holidays to go sightseeing around Ikebukuro if we wanted, anyhow,” Hikari said, her voice rather deadpan. She was exhausted from the abrupt struggle that had broken out, and if she was being honest with herself, she wanted to take a nap right then and there. It would look bad on her to act on these feelings, of course, and so she took it upon herself to look like a dutiful and extremely serious worker.

Even so, she couldn’t help but let out an exasperated sigh.

“So, to be more concise, no, we don’t have anything to do after this. If you could take us back to base, that would be quite appreciated.”

Lifa Illumina
    Tokyo, Narita Airport
    July 7th, 2041

Arriving in Tokyo for the first time in her life, Lifa looked around the bustling airport, full of the orient and western alike. It was quite exciting, since Lifa had lived her entire life within the grounds of her clan hall, never with access to the common people’s entertainment or culture. Everything was new, sparkly and...interesting.

Well, of course, there was the mission. Try to obtain Ouroborus’s ‘assistance’ one way or another. It wasn’t your own priority, and you had all the time in the world...But then again, the clan members were constantly worrying about not being able to produce another gifted mage to further their research.

Putting that aside, you step out into the lobby of the airport, looking at the lunch menus. You were getting kind of peckish after the flight, disregarding the food they had provided in the plane - it wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t top grade either, and the long flight had been tiring. Perhaps something yummy would sate her taste buds and energize her for the rest of the day?

At that point, Lifa notices another person in a rather outlandish outfit, looking hungrily at what seemed to be a Burger King joint…

Spoiler:

Oddly, nobody seemed to be paying attention to the huge sword stuck on her back. Probably the usual mage precautions that kept the common man from noticing things out of place, but as a mage yourself…

Oh, and now theres actually a trail of saliva dripping down.

Lifa Illumina
    Tokyo, Narita Airport
    July 7th, 2041

Lifa Illumina let out a breath of relief as she stepped into Narita Airport for the first time in her life.

The trip to Japan has certainly been interesting and educational so far; she has learned how to present her documents and passport, she has learned of what is called as airport security, and she has experienced flying for the first time in her life. The memory of herself panicking when she was ordered to take off her shawl and brooch just to pass through a gate without doors, along with a strange metal object being hovered all over her body, colored her cheeks red with embarrassment. She really should have stayed calm or paid more attention...

Still, more than anything else, Lifa is relieved that she has arrived safely without the plane crashing. How such a big vehicle could soar the skies like the angels without the assistance of magic eludes her, but she admired science for that.

Lifa stretched her limbs a little, the long flight definitely taking its toll on her body; even back home, she had never sat for such a long period of time. But even though she was tired, her eyes is darting all over the place as she took in the wonders of the scenery before her, a mix of western and oriental along with dozens of things which most would consider as normal. But for the girl, who had never even once left her clan's premises, everything is new and exciting; she wanted to roam the streets, she wanted to try using a 'vending machine', and she definitely wanted to Japanese wearing kimono. Of course she wouldn't forget her mission of finding the legendary freelancer, but she honestly doesn't think she'll succeed, at least not immediately.

Speaking of kimono, Lifa had noticed that nobody in the airport wears them even though she was sure she had seen some Japanese. Consequently, this made her realize how strange she is dressed compared to most people, but she doesn't really give it much thought, thinking that surely people doesn't wear kimono in airports because they're going outside the country.

But this made her realize something else: a girl in a rather outlandish outfit with a huge sword on her back (she briefly wondered how that could pass through the "metal detectors"), staring at a place with the words 'Burger King' etched in big letters on the top.

'I didn't expect to meet another mage this early...' She thought while realizing how easy it is to distinguish a mage from normal people. She was thinking of having a small meal herself to have enough energy for the rest of the day, and she certainly remember that this 'burger' is a rather famous food around the world; this would be a good opportunity to try it herself. Besides, the girl doesn't seem like a member of the scribes, so perhaps she could also gain a friend in the process. As a famous saying goes, two birds with one stone!

Even then, Lifa couldn't just ignore a girl who stares hungrily at a food joint until a trail of saliva is dripping from her mouth.

And thus, approaching the girl with careful and deliberate steps as to not surprise her while making sure that she didn't forget her luggage and handbag, Lifa greeted the other mage with a smile.

"Good day to you, miss. Would you like to have a burger with me?"

A rather simple and genuine offer.

Of course, Lifa had also checked her purse to make sure that she indeed has some Yen with her.
    Last edited by palad1n; October 22nd, 2016 at 08:28 AM.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

Rhea Durlam, Hoshizora Hikari
    Ikebukuro
    13th Ward
    July 7th, 2041

Jeiss merely smiles at your response, flicking his fingers at the collapsed prisoners.

“Well then, I’m sure you’re all tired, as well as your prisoners. Why don’t I just give you a ride?”

As he spoke, mana gathered underneath the group, opening a wide portal of sorts underneath everyone’s feet. It was an odd feeling, as if everything within you had been grabbed ahold of by some unseen hand, and moved from one place to another - and then, it was over.

As you look around, you find yourself back at the Scribe Base, the familiar building of your newfound residence just a few blocks away.

“Well then, I’ll be taking these two to the medics first…”

Jeiss snaps his fingers, making the prisoners float. It was an odd sight, watching the big lump of muscle that was Craig just haplessly floating around like some kind of light ball - the girl, however, looked just like a doll.

“And in the meanwhile, the two of you are probably free to do whatever you want until your superior calls you again. However…”

Jeiss taps the girl floating in the air with his pointer finger, extracting something that looks like a blue, pulsing crystal out of her forehead, throwing it into a portal. A split second later, a huge explosion rocks the air - surprised, you both look upwards, where the sound came from. You see a huge cloud of smoke erupting near a shimmering portal.

“Next time, be careful of hidden bombs, kay?”

With that, he vanishes.