Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: The Holy Grill War(RP Thread)

Blog Entries
    He looked up as the invisible lines of force twisted around him, pulling him to somewhere else. It was surprising. Not that he was being summoned, the man had no doubt that some ridiculous magus or another would pull some stupid shit again. No, what was surprising was that he was summoned as a Heroic Spirit to fight for the Grail.

Really? Well, maybe this one will go better. The man snorted and gave a small lopsided smile.

As he began to take form in the summoning circle, the man ran a hand through short black hair and rolled his neck to get the cricks out. His armor isn't exactly heavy, but it's not really the most comfortable thing around. Even if it's magical plate, and not even full plate, his shoulders got stiff wearing it sometimes. The light began to fade and his smile vanished. None of that, now. He had his duties. His pact with the dragon was not something to laugh about. He would not forget his oath.

"By your will, I have been summoned forth, and I will do what must be done." His tone was solemn, he needed to communicate his determination here. First impressions are important, after all. The burst of light had finally faded, and he could see his summoner in the dim light the candles provided.

"I am Servant Saber. Are you my master?"
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    So, the youth had shown their Command Seals. The Servant had not doubted that she stood before her master, but knowing for sure was always a plus.

"My name is Merry." Oh, her Master was talking again. Listening would be a good idea. "I will do my best to support you."

The Servant nodded, and waited another few moments before she replied. She first examined the room she had been summoned in. Quiet, dark, and cool, with a moist feel in the air. Probably a basement somewhere. The circle she had been summoned in was drawn with something mundane. Not likely to help the summoning, but the circle itself and the symbols within were accurate seemingly to the millimeter. Her Master must have spent a lot of time and focus on this.

After a few minutes, the awkward silence brought the Servant back to her senses. She nodded again, giving her Master a slight smile, and replied at last.

"I will strike for you as your blade, and I will defend you as your shield. Your orders will be absolute and followed without question. I will leave your enemies broken and scarred, so they will never again dare stand against you."

"I am Servant Berserker. What is your first command, my Master?"

Blog Entries
    The Throne of Heroes, a place of legend where only the most legendary of people can enter. A place that Heroes of ages past can survive in. Yet what would happen if the legends were older than known? A tale that was forgotten in time.

Opening my eyes the first thing I noticed was a bright light yet I was unaffected by it. Aware that I had apparently been given a physical body, I also saw my trusted weapon in the ground nearby. But for the moment I ignored it. Finally I noticed that the voices I used to ally myself with were gone.

Milbunk
    Deserted Park
    Early Morning-Before the Dawn
    Day 1

"Called from the Throne of Heroes, I am Servant Caster. Answer, are you my Master?" I gently asked stating each word with care.

While I said this I also another person speaking the exact same phrase. I recognized the voice but I did not bother to look and confirm for I already knew who was speaking. I guess that Fate is a stronger bond than I thought.

Looking around I did not see any living things except for a bear. Feeling the energy from the Bear I deduced that he was my Master.

This was unexpected, after all who would of thought that a bear would participate in a war the Grail. I decided to trust the bear and hope that he knew what he was going to do. Feeling the morning chill I decided to wait for one of them to speak.

In the boundless void called The Throne of Heroes, a knight sat and thought.
    He was content with his past life, and the things he had done. However, there were some things he had regretted doing. The boredom of waiting in the throne clawed at his mind.

'Hmm... It's very boring around here...' Thought the Knight, bored out of his mind.

*drip*

'Huh...?'

The Knight suddenly heard a strange noise, not unlike that of a drop of blood landing on something. Shortly after hearing it, he felt like he was being pulled towards another location. 'Hmm... am I being summoned?' He felt a new physical body, one he'd lost Eons ago, start forming as knowledge flowed into his head.

'A war? The winner is granted a wish of whatever he or she desires? Hmm, this could allow me to settle some issues, and have a little fun at the same time.' After his body was formed, he felt two of his weapons materializing, weapons that he held very close to himself.

When everything was completed, he opened his eyes, and found himself in an unfamiliar place. In front of the knight stood a man, his pale skin glowing slightly.

"I am servant Lancer. I ask of you, are you my Master?" The Knight voiced out with a feminine tone, one that matched his soft appearance.
    Last edited by Lotus Saint; May 18th, 2011 at 08:15 PM.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Blog Entries
    We can rest here for a bit if you want. That is, before going down the hill. Unless... Unless you plan to actually stay here.
    "Ah. no, that's fine. And err... no, we're not going to actually stay here." There are no houses on this countryside hilltop, you know... "In fact, since this spot overlooks the city, I'm just thinking maybe you'd like to take some time to look on our battleground before we head back down."

Archer seemed to be more concerned with my wellbeing that I myself am. It was heartwarming in a way, but just a tiny bit unpractical.

"By the way, Archer..."

Wait. Archer. I can't just think of him as Archer all the way through the war. His identity... I would like to know that first of all.

"What is your name, Archer?"

The Time-Governing Twelve Covenants Airen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Airen
    Fuyuki City, Endless Discovery Hotel
    Early Morning - Near Dawn
    Day 1

"I am servant Lancer. I ask of you, are you my Master?"
    The figure in front of him was clearly something that had transcended the limits of humanity, and, even though it was to be expected, he still felt amazed at the fact that he was able to summon such a being, the unmistakable feeling of a prana-link making it clear that he was definitely this Servant's Master.

"Yes, I am your Master."

It was a simple response, but it was the only one that he could think of at the moment, as most of his attention was still focused on the Servant before him, subconsciously looking for any signs of hostility.

There was no hostility, only the slightly uncomfortable feeling of being observed, so he took the moment to take note of his Servant's appearance.

Lancer's features were undeniably feminine, her piercing green eyes gazing out at him silently from beneath her open helm, her soft looking, long blue hair visible even in the dim light of the room. An excessively large, light black spear was held somewhat casually in her right hand, reaching almost all the way across the rather large hotel room, the length making it trivial to notice an intricate design that looked somewhat like flowers carved clearly into the shaft of the spear. A weapon that appeared to be a longsword was somewhat visible in her other hand as well, but not visible enough to see any of it's finer details.

Man... She could kill me by just moving her arm a bit...

It was somewhat unprofessional, but he couldn't think of anything to say to his servant. Instead he simply waited to see how she whether she would accept him as her master, so the contract could be considered complete.
    Last edited by Airen; May 19th, 2011 at 05:49 AM.
    Exodus (Complete)

Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stilled and the actors leave the stage, the story will never truly end.

Regardless of the form it takes, as long as there are memories of it's existence, the story will continue on.

In a small ward in the heart of a once devastated town, life carries on as it always has...

Because of you.

Please, remember it warmly.

We'll continue to walk down this path for eternity.

Mugen No Sekai

"The Illusion Incomplete Memories Produce Are,

Fleeting, Disappearing into the Future,

Until the Ruins of Yesterday Overflow,

For That Which Falls Only to Rise is Simply a--"

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Arrow

Theo
    Deserted Park
    Early Morning - Before the Dawn
    Day 1

"I am," the bear says. His voice is a deep, brassy baritone. His eyes twinkle with curiosity and intelligence as he circles the pair of women less than half his size.

He sniffs them periodically, sometimes poking them experimentally with a claw, or even just leaning in to get a better look at them.

He stops in front of them and sits down. Before their very eyes, patterns and words swirl in his eyes, before disappearing.

"Well, you're definitely not human. And there's two of you! It seems I've summoned some pretty unique Servants!"

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blue
    Xelloss' Basement
    Day 1
    In the middle of the flash, a woman materialized. She was kneeling on her left knee, facing the boy. On the ground next to her was a broadsword in easy reach. Strapped to her right arm was a shield. Her armour consisted of a breastplate, spaulders, wrist guards, shin guards and boots. Under that was what appeared to be normal everyday clothing.

She opened her eyes and took a look around. The flash of light from the summoning illuminated her surroundings just enough to see that they were in an enclosed and dank room.

"Hmm" Not seeing anyone else around, she turned her attention back to the purple-clad boy. "I have answered the call. I ask of you, are you my Master?"
    Last edited by Blue; June 16th, 2011 at 12:55 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Name:  Face Avatar.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  8.6 KB
    Lethum
    Deserted Park
    Day 1

"I am," the bear says. His voice is a deep, brassy baritone.

The pact was sealed, then. From the beginning, there'd been no other choice. And as the bear examined them, so did she. She. Figures. I sighed internally, I guess, this is actually the first time I am disappointed by that fact. I was, after all, a copy with it's whole life in front of it.

The bear was, as befitting of any magus, was probably faster and stronger than something of it's size would naturally, and it's magic sounded scholarly and combative. I wonder, how long would Master have lasted back then? There'd been dragons in the cavalry that'd fallen faster than children on the front lines.

Unimportant I chided myself, as the bear poked my sleeve with a claw. Our now ancient enemy was long defeated, and mankind thrived as it did before I'd been called to Iya. Before I could continue coming to grips with my situation, Master spoke.

"Well, you're definitely not human. And there's two of you! It seems I've summoned some pretty unique Servants!"

"Is that so, Master?" I asked. Immediately after speaking I took a deep breath, enjoying the hints of smog and nature like a child enjoys a joke.

I knelt, and as I grasped the handle of my long lost weapon, something magical happened. The magic of the grail recognized the mystery stored in the weapon and linked it to my existence. Even after I was gone, it would now seek a wielder and carve a niche in legend.

"I admit that this situation is...unique, Master. But there is no sapient being in this place that is not extraordinary" I told him. Was I falling in love with the tone of my voice? No, I simply enjoyed speaking slowly for the simple fact that I was victorious in life, and back in the time I'd been raised in.

I had never stopped scouring our surroundings with all of my sense, but I was now certain that we were alone, unless the Servant Assassin had seen fit to follow a bear familiar. Or if it had been fortunate, in which case it was too late to worry.

Twirling once, I let my clothing fall into place before kneeling before my Master and questioning "What is thy bidding, my Master?"

Kneeling as I was, I surmised that the difference in our sizes was made even more evident.

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lantz laughed. “If you can believe it Griz we don’t have a first objective. At least not yet, first we need three things before we take a swing at these greedy bastards. First is a place to hide out, preferably somewhere big, outside the main city area. I saw something around here on the flight over like that. It was a stone structure in a forest. Private property maybe but we’ll need it to launch the full plan. Second we need go to find the arbiter of the war and the land owner of Fuyuki. After that we need to get city plans and police and media cooperation. Third once we have all that we gank the slightest bit of prana from some random people, nothing harmful mind you just enough to make it look like an attack. The masters will follow the clues and we’ll spring a trap on them and take them out. There’ll be property damage but that’s all I can minimize it to otherwise innocent people will die”

Blog Entries
    Lantz laughed. “If you can believe it Griz we don’t have a first objective. At least not yet, first we need three things before we take a swing at these greedy bastards. First is a place to hide out, preferably somewhere big, outside the main city area. I saw something around here on the flight over like that. It was a stone structure in a forest. Private property maybe but we’ll need it to launch the full plan. Second we need go to find the arbiter of the war and the land owner of Fuyuki. After that we need to get city plans and police and media cooperation. Third once we have all that we gank the slightest bit of prana from some random people, nothing harmful mind you just enough to make it look like an attack. The masters will follow the clues and we’ll spring a trap on them and take them out. There’ll be property damage but that’s all I can minimize it to otherwise innocent people will die”
    "A solid plan, sir. A few questions, though. First: what exactly do we need the owner of Fuyuki and the arbiter for? Revealing ourselves to them, especially when the owner is likely to be a participant, removes our advantage of surprise, which is essential. Second, you intend to take this stone building? Where is it, and when do we move on it? Ideally, we should take the time to observe it, anyone going in and out, and its defenses."
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries

Milbunk
    Deserted Park
    Day 1

"I am," Says the Bears in a deep and seemingly wise voice.

This confirms my belief that he is in fact my Master. As I thought about how odd it was to have a bear for a Master, he continued to inspect me, occasionally touching me with his claw.

Well at least this bear appears to be more powerful than an average bear. He will need to be, if we are to win. Eventually the bear spoke.

"Well, you're definitely not human. And there's two of you! It seems I've summoned some pretty unique Servants!" My trusted companion then responded with a calm voice.

"Is that so, Master?" Seemingly enjoying the fact that she was once again alive, she grabbed the weapon lying on the ground and at once I was filled with the memories of my trusted sword.

Even though there was only one sword, I felt that I would be able to summon my sword when needed. After she took the weapon she continued to speak.

"I admit that this situation is...unique, Master. But there is no sapient being in this place that is not extraordinary” I decided to remain silent, after all talking was never my strong suit. Back when our ancient enemy still lived I would always be the giver of advice never talking more than necessary and always planning for the next battle.

Feeling the surroundings I began to plan for anything that might occur. So far the only three living beings here were, the bear, my partner, and me and I decided to relax my guard for the time being.

Following my partner I kneeled on the ground and asked the same question in a calculating voice. "What is thy bidding, my Master?"

the master of infinite roads lantzblades's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “Griz the arbiter of the war is the protector of servant-less masters, with that in mind it’s a safe zone for those who fail in the war and in order to keep them from returning to the war. For example Saber’s master making a pact with Archer after each loses their partner or such I need to be able to catch them before they get to the safe zone. Meaning I need to know all possible vectors to enter the safe zone and further I need to see what this arbiter is like. I’ve never been convinced that judges are ever fair.” He paused

“As for the owner you’re right. this Tohsaka whoever he or she is likely a master but that’s a risk I’ll take since it’s a matter of honourable conduct and further respect for someone of Tohsaka’s position, more over we can get some guidelines from the owner about conduct and abiding any rules will, grease the wheels as it were and we can use more allies” Lantz sighed pausing again.

“As for the…castle I’m guessing, I planned on camping in the forest surrounding it to do recon after we visit the arbiter and owner respectively.”

True Golden Bear King of BLING Theocrass's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Red face

(I'm 10 ft tall and weigh in the 1200-1400 lb area.)

Theo
    Deserted Park
    Early Morning - Before Dawn
    Day 1

"Bidding, hm? It's strange to be called Master, even after all these years ... " The bear strokes his face with a claw ponderously.

Then, suddenly, he reaches into the cloth wrapped around his neck, and withdraws a beautiful music box.

The action activates the box, sending a melodious tune into the night air.

The bear seems to enter a trance like state while the song plays, unmoving and unblinking until it ends.

He shakes his head, and he hands it to the more vocal of his Servants (Lethum).

"Watch this for me, will you? It's very important."

After he makes sure she's holding it securely, he turns to regard both of them. He falls down to all fours.

"Hop on. We'll talk while I walk."

He gestures up at his back with one of his paws.

Ask TIK - Where all your important life questions can be answered.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Name:  Face Avatar.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  8.6 KB
    Lethum
    Deserted Park
    Day 1

"Bidding, hm? It's strange to be called Master, even after all these years ... "

After speaking, Master took out a music box from the cloth hanging from his neck, and watched it intently as it played. A ritual, then. That box held memories. In fact, given enough time...

"Watch this for me, will you? It's very important." he tells me as he hands me the box.

I gave our blade to my "companion"? Other half? and then, grabbing the music box with both hands, and standing up, I let a microscopic smile come out of my face.

While Master fell down to all fours, the box in my hands told me a story about him, in what I liked to call Ent-go. History and I, Mystery and I, we went way back, in a sense. Specially when it's about artifacts.

"Of course, Master"

Without another word, I walk over to him and hop onto a place on his back. A breeze went through the trees, awakening a gentle sound older than mankind. I wonder...what survived? If somebody had at least tried to collect them, then I wanted to at least honor their memory.

"Do you have a plan Master?" I'm sitting side-saddle. If my female companion did the same in the opposite direction, then underground would be the direction of approach we'd keep unsupervised.

As a copy, how do I stand up to the me that I remember? Is this power I wield now, as diminished as it seems? I let my mind wander as we slowly made our way out of the park. The War for the Holy Grail was still young, after all.

Blog Entries

Milbunk
    Deserted Park
    Day 1

"Bidding, hm? It's strange to be called Master, even after all these years ... "

After saying these words he takes a music box from the cloth around his neck and activates it. After it finishes playing he hands it to my partner and says.

"Watch this for me, will you? It's very important." Almost grinning my partner takes the music box and hands me our sword.

That music box was seemingly something very important. In fact from what I could tell it could possibly be an ancient artifact one with great and immense powers.

After handing my partner the music box my master went onto all fours and spoke once again.

I silently nodded and my partner responded with "Of course, Master".
    Climbing onto his back I sit opposite from my partner this way we would be able to observe just about every area possible. When we had climbed up my partner asked the question we were both thinking in our heads.

"Do you have a plan Master?" Hopefully he indeed did.

DarkMAN
    Time: 01:00
    Day 1

The light faded and the a new silhouette appeared in the room.

"By your will, I have been summoned forth, and I will do what must be done. I am Servant Saber. Are you my master?"
    So this is a servant?
    Dark felt excited like a child before Christmastime. The man in front of him is suppose to be one of the most powerful beings he can ever met. And now this guy and him will go to battle. This was more and more fun.
    But first comes first. The Knight of the sword, Saber should be greeted approprietly.

"Yo, wassupOUCH- What are you doing crazy woman?"

Dark held the back of his head which was hit by Sella.

"I knew you will say something stupid! Can't you act more decently?"

Dark took a few seconds to think on the answer and finally he said bluntly...

"No."

..while avoiding another hit.
    Trapped within my fierce desire, resistance is futile. Screaming for your life, nowhere to hide,
    Tonight we cross the line, your innocence is mine!

"Ah. no, that's fine."

Is she really sure about that? If I was on her shoes, I'd probably rest my legs for a while. Going down the hill requires as much skill and effort as climbing it up, even if it might not seem that way at first sight. But I guess it can't be helped. If she says she's fine, then I won't insist. Trust me, I wouldn't, even if she had no authority over me. That's just the way I am.

"And err... no, we're not going to actually stay here."

That's good.

"I see."

However, it would be nice to come back to this place. It doesn't look like many people come here. This clearing is isolated from the outside world. Maybe, we should at least pay it a visit, just to show that it's not alone. Or...

Or... Could it be that this clearing does not want to be visited by anyone, and right now we are the intruders, disturbing its usual peace?

"In fact, since this spot overlooks the city, I'm just thinking maybe you'd like to take some time to look on our battleground before we head back down."

Her voice makes me come back to my senses. I'm over-thinking trivial things again.

"Good idea."

She's not even one step behind. Without a doubt, I've been summoned by a person that truly deserves the title of Master.

"By the way, Archer..."

As I approach the best place for sightseeing I could find, she interrupts me to ask...

"What is your name, Archer?"

The most unexpected question.

"My name is Y-"

My instinct tells me to lie, and my mouth almost reacts to that impulse.

"My name is..."

But I should not lie to her. For starters, I'm horrible at it. Ironic it is, how I used to win Poker games during my previous life.

Anyways, I should be honest and tell her my name.

"My name is Hero."

Something tells me I need to change the subject of this conversation right now.
    [18:30] RacingeR: Max S.Link with hero is when you promise your daughter to him
    [18:31] RacingeR: Which means Airen and me are the only ones that maxed it (I promised Spin to him, and Spin is my daughter)
    [18:32] hero: oh shit
    [18:32] hero: spincess get
    [18:32] hero: suck it fuckers

Blog Entries
    “Griz the arbiter of the war is the protector of servant-less masters, with that in mind it’s a safe zone for those who fail in the war and in order to keep them from returning to the war. For example Saber’s master making a pact with Archer after each loses their partner or such I need to be able to catch them before they get to the safe zone. Meaning I need to know all possible vectors to enter the safe zone and further I need to see what this arbiter is like. I’ve never been convinced that judges are ever fair.” He paused

“As for the owner you’re right. this Tohsaka whoever he or she is likely a master but that’s a risk I’ll take since it’s a matter of honourable conduct and further respect for someone of Tohsaka’s position, more over we can get some guidelines from the owner about conduct and abiding any rules will, grease the wheels as it were and we can use more allies” Lantz sighed pausing again.

“As for the…castle I’m guessing, I planned on camping in the forest surrounding it to do recon after we visit the arbiter and owner respectively.”
    "Ah, I can see the logic. So then, what comes first... Commander Lantz? Yeah, that works well. What comes first, Commander?"
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Date: Day 1, Early Morning

Servant Berserker?

Merry tilted one's head, examining "Berserker" once more. She certainly didn't seem to have an air of a Berserker - weren't they supposed to only speak with "GAO~" or "GAO GAO~" if they were feeling particularly articulate. Instead, this servant was more... verbose than Merry had expected. Then again, it would have been hard to communicate otherwise. Merry was sure that servants would be able to understand their master's orders no matter their state of mind, but Merry wouldn't have had an easy time understanding grunts.

Still... Berserker had posed a hard question to answer.

"What is your first command, my Master?"

...Merry didn't know. The thought had not even come up before, truth be told. It would have been easier to just jump straight into the fighting, but... what should Merry have Berserker do?

Merry closed one's eyes, thinking about what the elder would normally have Merry do. Unfortunately, not very many of the things seemed appropriate to have a servant do. Cooking, cleaning, what sort of person would summon up a heroic spirit just to have them do those sort of things?

"...ah."

An idea came. Merry hadn't toured the city yet, and it would be a shame if Merry didn't take this chance to do some sight seeing. Besides, knowing the layout of the city would surely help in the war.

Yes, the elder would definitely approve!

"How about we go for a stroll, Berserker?" Merry asked sweetly, with one's hands clasped together. "Who knows what sights this city has to offer?"