Page 140 of 221 FirstFirst ... 4090130135138139140141142145150190 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 4404

Thread: General Movies Thread

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Logan doesn't fit in the corrected DOFP timeline since Mutants stopped being born in 00s in Logan, while some students were still there in DOFP ending in what would have been a year prior to Logan.

Blog Entries
    I feel like that would be better partly because they throw out some specific mentions of dates which kind of limits how far the other films can go in terms of timeline.

- - - Updated - - -

But then these films have always had kind of bad continuity

Banned
    Remember when Peter Dinklage, over time, transformed into Bill Duke?

Blog Entries
    That's what happens when you overuse a certain magic.

Banned
    omg

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I liked it better when Hugh Jackman said it was an alternate continuity, the director should have never come out to correct the record.
    wait,so which is it
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    these films have always had kind of bad continuity
    Exactly like the comics they're based on, 10/10 adaptation, would watch again.
    don't quote me on this

Banned
    Beauty and the Beast: pretty much the same movie scene for scene. Some of the slight embellishments are good, some aren't

Watson iffy singer, but pretty

Blog Entries
    Does Gaston still fucking love eggs?
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Banned
    Gaston is great

- - - Updated - - -

Also I watched Fast 4

thus far 3>4>1>2

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    Does Gaston still fucking love eggs?
    Not enough for him to be shown eating them. But yeah, as Whis said, Luke Evans was great as Gaston.

That said, I don't really get why people are saying there is a gay subplot. It has no real bearing on the movie, and you could have missed the more obvious stuff if you blinked. Josh Gad was fun though as LeFou.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Banned
    Because they're mad at the inclusion of The Gay

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sure, but saying that there's a subplot made me think that they made either Belle or Beast gay.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Trailer for the new American Death Note movie is out. It looks interesting, though I'm leery on how the director boasted that it was going to be darker, more violent and sexual then the original. Death Note was already a pretty dark manga, so just adding blood and nudity for the sake of it seems kind of self-indulgent.

I also hope they don't turn down the campiness of the original. Part of what made Death Note so much fun was how campy and over-the-top it was, and I'd hate to see some studio execs scrap that in favor of some generic Hollywood drama/thriller with a magic notebook. If this actually does well, it could really raise popular awareness for anime and manga in the west, which is definitely something I'd like to see.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Anyone else planning to go see Kimi No Na Wa's NA showing?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to, but seeing as the nearest theater is six or so hours away, I probably won't unless I convince my sister to go with me if I visit her.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Trailer for the new American Death Note movie is out. It looks interesting, though I'm leery on how the director boasted that it was going to be darker, more violent and sexual then the original. Death Note was already a pretty dark manga, so just adding blood and nudity for the sake of it seems kind of self-indulgent.

I also hope they don't turn down the campiness of the original. Part of what made Death Note so much fan was how campy and over-the-top it was, and I'd hate to see some studio execs scrap that in favor of some generic Hollywood drama/thriller with a magic notebook. If this actually does well, it could really raise popular awareness for anime and manga in the west, which is definitely something I'd like to see.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

I also hope they don't turn down the campiness of the original. Part of what made Death Note so much fan was how campy and over-the-top it was, and I'd hate to see some studio execs scrap that in favor of some generic Hollywood drama/thriller with a magic notebook. If this actually does well, it could really raise popular awareness for anime and manga in the west, which is definitely something I'd like to see.
    Is that Max Landis as Light?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If this actually does well, it could really raise popular awareness for anime and manga in the west, which is definitely something I'd like to see.
    This is said of every western adaptation of anime/manga material and it never happens. People are fully aware of anime - that isn't the problem. The problem is that anime, is... anime.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    This is said of every western adaptation of anime/manga material and it never happens. People are fully aware of anime - that isn't the problem. The problem is that anime, is... anime.
    Live action konosuba when
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?