Page 145 of 221 FirstFirst ... 4595135140143144145146147150155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 4404

Thread: General Movies Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    Get Out has broken Blair Witch Project's 20 year hold on Highest Grossing Original Screenplay.
    Alternative facts

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    reverse racism stuff
    Yeah, I remember the screenwriter saying how when Forbidden Kingdom was in production that Jackie Chan vetoed the idea that Tripitikas was actually a Chinese-American that was rediscovering his roots and they needed to cast a white guy in the role.

Obviously now the real solution was they should've made him a girl with big boobs, and then we'd even have a real-world reason why Sanzang is the way she is in FGO.

Blog Entries
    As a Permitted Asian American Opinion Haver this was fine, that's my Asianpinion
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I was kinda bummed out by it but from what I've been hearing of the movie I have a lot more to be bummed out by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    When THR interviewed Japanese fans about the whitewashing claims, they weren’t bothered by it, and neither was Mamoru Oshii, who directed the 1995 anime version. How do you feel about their response?

Yoshihara: People in Japan worship white people.

Kato-Kiriyama: Even in the story, there are Japanese people involved in creating these beings and they also may very well see the ideal human being as a white woman. So you’re sort of messed up all the way around.

Agena: Yes! I felt more messed up watching this movie. It reinforced my own personal messed-up standards of physical beauty.

Okatsuka: This is an important conversation to have.

Yoshihara: Even my ex-boyfriend, who is Asian American, said, “What Asian lady has a body like Scarlett Johansson?”

Agena: There are certain priorities there.

Okatsuka: It’s this weird thing where Asian Americans or Asian nationals living here like me, working in film, are fighting both our motherland and white producers here. We’re walking this in-between where I scream at Hollywood but I’m also like, “Why’d you do that, Japan?!” Et tu, Brute, on both sides.

Yoshihara: Japanese people are self-loathing.

Okatsuka: Is it crazy that suicide rates are so high in Japan?

Yoshihara: Even my sister committed suicide. That’s how many people commit suicide in Japan. That’s how messed up it is.
    This went from 0-100 real quick.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Idk I'd say that started at least at a 50.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Banned
    At least the digital yellowface wasn't in the final version!

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, that article is really good.

There's also discussion about how the mom/daughter relationship isn't authentically Japanese amongst other cultural nuances lost

Blog Entries
    I bet the sushi they were eating in he hotel wasn't authentically Japanese either
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    This guy gets it.

realtalk, those ladies got it pretty much on the money but they had one criticism on how ScarJo didn't act well enough with horror on that racial twist.

Because I could also see it as her being so disassociated from her previous self that she can't even muster up the emotion to connect well with that and her mom, besides the accusations of incompetence that's not really unwarranted.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    ScarJo didn't act well
    Well color me shocked

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Don't crush my father's heart

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    This guy gets it.

realtalk, those ladies got it pretty much on the money but they had one criticism on how ScarJo didn't act well enough with horror on that racial twist.

Because I could also see it as her being so disassociated from her previous self that she can't even muster up the emotion to connect well with that and her mom, besides the accusations of incompetence that's not really unwarranted.
    It's a weird complaint though, she's quite clearly uncomfortable just going to the apartment and gets increasingly more so when talking to her natal mother. And then gets up and leaves right after mother starts realizing something is up, even.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    I bet the sushi they were eating in he hotel wasn't authentically Japanese either
    Yeah Leo, as we all know, cultural norms and nuances have no place in a strory about identity

Blog Entries
    Please please don't inflict on me arguing about a movie you haven't seen

- - - Updated - - -

And about what I should be properly Asianffended by
    Last edited by SeiKeo; April 5th, 2017 at 01:57 PM. Reason: wow autocorrect fucked that up

I like ScarJo, she's cute.

Banned
    Well that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Please please don't inflict on me arguing about a movie you haven't seen
    I don't have to see the movie to be snide about your criticism of the article.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I guess I can be Asianffended by having it be a middling movie about a classic.

oh, there's always the whitewashing

did like the final shot of Major waving while turning invisible. I assume they cribbed that from the OG.

Banned
    This is an argument about critique of criticism in an article about a movie.

Blog Entries
    I watched the movie and it's a pretty good film.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured