Page 149 of 221 FirstFirst ... 4999139144147148149150151154159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 4405

Thread: General Movies Thread

Banned
    Hm a 2017 Ridley Scott movie yeah let me buy those tickets pfffft

Did YOU see Kong: Skull Island or Shin Godzilla?

Blog Entries
    For God's sake, I told you when it came out that there was nothing playing Shin Godzilla remotely near me, cool your jets.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Oh no I remember, I mean at all.

Blog Entries
    I actually looked the other day and it seemed as if the home release hadn't come out yet, so no.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    I don't know that they're even doing a home release are they? At least, not on disk.

Blog Entries

I think that's just the JP ver with no subs, wiki says august?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I didn't like Covenant that much. Felt too much like some bizarre combination of Alien, Aliens, and Prometheus. Taken by themselves, it wasn't too bad, but they didn't mix well.

Also, Fassbender goofed up with the voices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Just watched Guy Ritchie's "King Arthur". Apart from the fact that it barely had anything to do with the Arthurian mythos - which I already expected, so not really a big deal -, it was surprisingly enjoyable. A bit too long, but the video game-style action scenes compensated for it. Not really a good movie, but an enjoyable one.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Just watched Guy Ritchie's "King Arthur". Apart from the fact that it barely had anything to do with the Arthurian mythos - which I already expected, so not really a big deal -, it was surprisingly enjoyable. A bit too long, but the video game-style action scenes compensated for it. Not really a good movie, but an enjoyable one.
    What were your thoughts on the chase scene after the assassination attempt?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    What were your thoughts on the chase scene after the assassination attempt?
    The one in the streets of Londinium? Mostly, that it could have been shortened. Other than that: "Wow, isn't it convenient that all these gladiators are suddenly shown to be willing to lay down their lives fighting Vortigern and/or in defense of Arthur? Sure would have been better if they had been established as being aggressively anti-Vortigern a lot earlier!"

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The new Arthur movie just makes me wish for one based off Nasu's take on Arthurian myth. You could even still have Vortigern as a villain!

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, over the past few days I've been marathoning the "Ip Man Trilogy". They are certainly a great bunch of martial arts flicks and I would definitely recommend them to just about anybody...except historians as they take massive liberties with the history of Ip Man.

The basic premise of the trilogy is that a humble master of Wing Chun named Ip Man faces opposition from foreigners each time (Japanese invasion of China, British Imperialists and then ruthless American property developers) and he has to protect his home and his people. Lots of great action scenes and tight choreography in all three films. Mike Tyson was even in the third film! Sadly he was a bit underused, but his fight scenes were great!

But if I had to rank the films... I'd probably go: 2 > 3 > 1.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quite like the Ip Man films. Got pointed in their direction a few years back by a friend who's a wing chun instructor.

Action-wise, stylistically, I sort of prefer the first two just for showing a nice variety of different kung fu styles (though the second one loses a few points for how the table fight finished...), even if the choreography was a bit stronger in the second and third ones.

Story wise, I'd probably rank it about the same as you did, though the second and third ones do feel a little ridiculous sometimes in how he ends up in situations that turn into a fight. Nevermind any historical accuracy :P.
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrienDarkform View Post
    Story wise, I'd probably rank it about the same as you did, though the second and third ones do feel a little ridiculous sometimes in how he ends up in situations that turn into a fight. Nevermind any historical accuracy :P.
    My dad's sensei once got in a freaking kung-fu battle over an uncooked chicken at a restaurant. Never underestimate what people are willing to fight over...

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watched the new Pirates movie.

Better than 3, 4 and arguarbly 2.

1 is still the best one of the bunch

I'm happy to say they continued some of the loved Pirates traditions like fun Spooky Pirates design, Barbossa carrying the movie, and the romantic duo inability to act to save their lives.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh? What little I've heard has been that it's a stale sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Watched the new Pirates movie.

Better than 3, 4 and arguarbly 2.

1 is still the best one of the bunch

I'm happy to say they continued some of the loved Pirates traditions like fun Spooky Pirates design, Barbossa carrying the movie, and the romantic duo inability to act to save their lives.
    for real?

i always like pirate caribbean movies if only because of Johnny Depp, but if its second only to th 1st, i might have something good this weekend
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    hold up wait a minute

alien^3 is also ​really good

Banned
    Nope