Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 4404

Thread: General Movies Thread

Blog Entries
    Marvel on Infinity War:

"Deaths will be permanent."

"Hawkeye has an important role."

"Infinity war will be its own complete movie."

"(Footage of the Hulk fighting in Wakanda)"
    This is all crap, do not believe their bullshit. If you're going to the cinema for any of these reasons don't bother, you WILL be disappointed.

Spoiler:
    Half the people who die have sequels, making it impossible that they will stay dead.

The entire movie and end credits are sequel bait, also Hawkeye doesn't appear or do jack squat. Even Peter Dinklage is more useful than him.

They straight up cut the trailer scene of the Hulk running in Wakanda, Banner never becomes the Hulk past the first 10 minutes of the movie.

I honestly wish marketing teams would be more honest once in a while.
    Last edited by Apple; April 26th, 2018 at 02:34 AM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    They market it like that because certain people do what you do and over-analyze

Also lol to anyone going for those reasons in particular

Blog Entries
    More like they market it like that to intentionally mislead people into going to theatres to watch it. They kept hyping Infinity War as something it was not. This is actually No Man's Sky levels of farcical marketing except fewer people bought into the lie.

Blog Entries
    look you thought a marvel movie was going to be interesting and not franchise carrying, no sympathy
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Hey rapebird, what did you think of Infiniti war?

I dunno. Tell you after I see the other half of it.

:|
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    It's a fair reaction.

Fuck, the latest Star Wars was bad. Actually an awful film.

Infinity War is empty spectacle but at least it's fun.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't even know what the latest Star Wars is any more, they make too many movies these days
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I think it's still The Last Jedi?

Unless Solo came out in Britain before it did in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife ❤️ View Post
    Fuck, the latest Star Wars was bad. Actually an awful film.
    What did you dislike about it? I thought it was quite good.

No sense of scale, ridiculously bad chase scene with the Star Destroyers which neither made any sense nor looked interesting while simultaneously taking up a ton of screentime, probably many other things, it's just dull.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife ❤️ View Post
    ridiculously bad chase scene with the Star Destroyers which neither made any sense nor looked interesting while simultaneously taking up a ton of screentime
    Not quite sure what scene you're talking about, but I loved the one when they were riding those bird aliens.

I loved the part where balls were so heavy they fell down in space, relatable.

Blog Entries
    Another thing I liked about The Last Jedi was that it didn't fall into the usual action movie trope where every one-in-a-million plan the heroes pull miraculously succeeds.

Seriously, the heroes failed a lot in this movie (in finding the hacker, convincing Ren to rejoin the light side, stopping the First Order from firing its beam cannon at their hideout) and while they still managed to pull through in the end (obviously, or there couldn't be a sequel), knowing they could actually fail made a lot of scenes much more tense. For a very fantastical movie, I thought it was a nice bit of realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    I loved the part where balls were so heavy they fell down in space, relatable.
    I was going to flame that but weird anachronistic World War 2 but In Space is Star Wars thing so I let it slide.

Hm,one fandom thing I kinda didn't get was folks having a hateboner for Rose while at the same time hyping up that admiral chick whose name I forget, storywise there was barely any difference between them.

It can't possibly be bcs Rose gets in the way of a ship, that'd just be silly SW fandom is better than that!

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

What is that even in reply to, me?

In which case yes, of course? Look at the way the fighters dogfight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Hm,one fandom thing I kinda didn't get was folks having a hateboner for Rose while at the same time hyping up that admiral chick whose name I forget, storywise there was barely any difference between them.

It can't possibly be bcs Rose gets in the way of a ship, that'd just be silly SW fandom is better than that!
    That combo out of the same people? If anything all I remember seeing is hating or adoring them both for the most part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Another thing I liked about The Last Jedi was that it didn't fall into the usual action movie trope where every one-in-a-million plan the heroes pull miraculously succeeds.

Seriously, the heroes failed a lot in this movie (in finding the hacker, convincing Ren to rejoin the light side, stopping the First Order from firing its beam cannon at their hideout) and while they still managed to pull through in the end (obviously, or there couldn't be a sequel), knowing they could actually fail made a lot of scenes much more tense. For a very fantastical movie, I thought it was a nice bit of realism.
    Have you considered watching Prometheus and Alien Covenant
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Have you considered watching Prometheus and Alien Covenant
    The genre expectations for horror movies are obviously different, as it's expected there that a lot of main characters are going to die. Kind of disingenuous of you to even bring that up IMO.