Page 189 of 221 FirstFirst ... 89139179184187188189190191194199 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 4404

Thread: General Movies Thread

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I didn't even know there was an American cut.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I know one of the US releases of Godzilla literally added a new character to the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Final Wars is that one movie where the old American Godzilla get pawned like a chump by the Japanese Godzilla right? That was mean spirited.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Final Wars is that one movie where the old American Godzilla get pawned like a chump by the Japanese Godzilla right? That was mean spirited.
    HA, okay, I guess I'm going to start watching these movies faster now because I need to see that.
    Last edited by pinetree; July 22nd, 2018 at 02:20 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shitty fucking internet.
    Last edited by pinetree; July 22nd, 2018 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Double post

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Kinda, but considering how much that movie butchered the concept, it deserved it.
    I mean, it's a fun popcorn flick, it's just not a Godzilla movie.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I bet if the movie didn't flop they will praise it like it was the best thing ever.
    The director probably thinks a lot about adapting it for mainstream audiences, considering changing things tend to happen in Hollywood adaptions and still successful, they probably thought it will be successful as well. And it does do a good job for introducing the international audience about the franchise.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Anyone else seeing Macquia?

Surprised it’s getting pretty good early reviews

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saw it this weekend, I liked it. Much better than that Fireworks movie, which should have either trimmed the length down to 40-60 minutes or expanded more stuff by going to 120 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Uchiage Hanabi... don't make me remember that mess.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Saw it this weekend, I liked it. Much better than that Fireworks movie, which should have either trimmed the length down to 40-60 minutes or expanded more stuff by going to 120 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Uchiage Hanabi... don't make me remember that mess.
    Finished the Maquia movie and holy shit what a ride

Let me start first on Fireworks

Fireworks ultimately reminds me of Glasslip, which is not a good thing. Maybe I'm dumb too but it was hard to discern what the point of Fireworks was initially. Apparently it was based off an original TV series from the 90s which explain why there didn't seem enough time to tell everything in 90 minutes or maybe the source material was that weak. I was interested in Fireworks because of hype and of Studio Shaft. So the strong points of this movie is ultimately production of music and art because wow, this movie looked and sounded gorgeous. Lots of Shaftisms or whatever. But the story was not strong enough to carry the film. It felt like the film was jumbling different types of direction like did it want to be like magical realism, two shitty teenagers commiserating, or what. Fucking love the theme song though.

But fuck that, fuck yeah Maquia! I haven't seen an anime film that just killed me like your name or A Silent Voice. I had no idea what I was getting into besides knowing Mari Okada wrote and directed this. I don't really have a great grasp on her reputation besides the mediocre works she was a part of but with this one film, all is forgiven. This was an great exploration of love in its many forms and seeing this fantasy world drawn out makes me so interested. No shame, cried bitch tears. I'm buying this asap.

Blog Entries
    The song is great but no matter how many times I choose it at karaoke I will never remember that I don’t actually know the lyrics and the boy parts are hard (phrasing)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Thank you McJon

Blog Entries
    Jurassic World: Chekhov's Triceratops Skull

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just finished watching Shikioriori / Flavours of Youth!

All of the three parts were enjoyable, though the middle one was kind of the weakest. Or, it at least didn't feel as strong as the great, visually stunning intro. It's by CoMix Wave so ofc it's pretty even if not as well directed as a Shinkai film, but the stories themselves are also nice and well put together. The third one is for sure the best and considering it's the last I'm sure whoever ordered the films around realised that; the first one though is very unique and poetic and would stand very well on its own. The whole anthology is also cool for being set in China and being about Chinese stories. I really recommend it!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I saw Mission Impossible Fallout tonight. I know there's always a traitor somewhere in these movies and everyone's expecting it, but that's no reason to get lazy about it and tell the audience who it is thirty minutes in. At least put in some doubt, make it seem a little ambiguous. And when it comes time for the reveal, maybe try to do it close to the climax, not halfway through the movie. It was still fun, but they could have made it so much tighter. Like if they cut out one of the three back to back chase scenes.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    In terms of the Lion King, despite the hyena marching, Scar's policies are rather communist, inciting the Proletariat hyenas to rebel against the Bourgeois lions. FYI, a Nazi Scar would instead be focusing on banishing or exterminating the "impure" ligers (which is totally a real thing) or something.

Blog Entries
    Are you a bot
    what human thought process triggered this post