Page 51 of 221 FirstFirst ... 414649505152535661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 4405

Thread: General Movies Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Leo View Post
    You did not watch the movie.
    I think you can make a reasonably cogent argument for the overtly male overtones as merely a way to explore a kind of existentialism: Nietzsche particularly slanting toward his Dionysian style. To be Edward Norton is to be of the slave morality, the "slave to the Ikea nesting instinct"; to be Brad Pitt to be of the master morality, to be "free in all the ways you are not". (And then one argues about whether the film condones existentialism, condemns it, or condemns those who confuse it for nihilism).

But admittedly I haven't watched Fight Club in some years, and that essay is a while behind me.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

lesbian witch from hell kay4today's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a well, I suppose I don't trust her not to watch that but back to films.
    whats wrong with a show that tells you to be nice and is full of lesbian horses?!?!?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Just go watch Fury Road.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I think you can make a reasonably cogent argument for the overtly male overtones as merely a way to explore a kind of existentialism: Nietzsche particularly slanting toward his Dionysian style. To be Edward Norton is to be of the slave morality, the "slave to the Ikea nesting instinct"; to be Brad Pitt to be of the master morality, to be "free in all the ways you are not". (And then one argues about whether the film condones existentialism, condemns it, or condemns those who confuse it for nihilism).

But admittedly I haven't watched Fight Club in some years, and that essay is a while behind me.
    No I mean she literally said she didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by kay4today View Post
    whats wrong with a show that tells you to be nice and is full of lesbian horses?!?!?
    Furries.

Yes, that is exactly what I meant, haha..ha.. sweats nervously

Blog Entries
    Actually if we're going to be suggesting movies about how men sort of suck people should absolutely go watch Pain and Gain.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Looks naff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    No everyone should watch TV. And pay their TV licence.
    There's something deeply freeing about getting the licence letter at your student digs and sending back the "no, we do not watch TV here" reply. Like, at home I don't pay for it, and here I don't pay for it, but here I get to actively not pay for it.

(Please don't worry: nothing illegal is happening. I genuinely don't watch TV).
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    No I mean she literally said she didn't.
    Oh. Yes.

Well, that rather takes the wind out of my sails.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    Oh. Yes.

That's what you get for being a bully
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

(Please don't worry: nothing illegal is happening. I genuinely don't watch TV).
    Strife call your bosses.

Oh. Yes.

I watched it when I was 14, Leo is just condoning evil defamation

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    Took me a while to watch it because from first hearing about it it seemed, you know, kind of a different thing.
    If I wanted to pitch it to you I'd have said it was about the American conceit and its failures.

Banned
    Sita Sings the Blues is p good, although only partly about how dudes suck. Like, 60-70%.

If I wanted to pitch it to you I'd have said it was about the American conceit and its failures.
    Sounds great already.

Not that I expect anyone here to have thought about watching it - dont watch Pitch Perfect 2. Its terrible

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Today I read something about a movie called 100 Yen Love about a 30 year old deadbeat getting a job at a 100 yen store and learning boxing to reconnect with life and it sounds amazing

if only for the fact that im seeing myself in that situation in 10 so its good to prepare
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

100 Yen Club

Banned
    Sita Sings the Blues is free on yt btw