Page 90 of 221 FirstFirst ... 408085888990919295100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 4404

Thread: General Movies Thread

Banned
    Like, that opening with the engineer and the first shot of the goo pits room are the only striking visual in the entire movie.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wongdong Modernart View Post
    Correct. It is not a good idea, in a conventional sense.
    i literally wanted to rip my hair out every time the characters did anything because they were so unnecessarily stupid

like not even "why are these guys not acting like robots," just "why would anyone do that, ever"

also: Ridley Scott explains why he made Prometheus, confirms two more sequels
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Remember that geologist with no interest in minerals?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigitte View Post
    Now, I'm prepared to admit that you probably remember the movie better than I do, but I don't quite think that the twist of "this is actually just a mad attempt at personal immortality, suck it nerds" also included a corollary of "we headhunted for the worst authorities in their fields"?
    More like "we headhunted people who are just competent to do what we want them to and no more, also most of them have pretty considerable neuroses besides the willingness to commit to interstellar missions in the first place."
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    i literally wanted to rip my hair out every time the characters did anything because they were so unnecessarily stupid

like not even "why are these guys not acting like robots," just "why would anyone do that, ever"

also: Ridley Scott explains why he made Prometheus, confirms two more sequels
    I am very interested in Dragon Tattoo lady and robo head's excellent adventure to kill God and I hope he follows through.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    And you know what the worst part is, really? It doesn't even LOOK good.
    jfc
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    ahhhh the comments

i forgot about the gloves and helmet part...

Brie LaBorte 3 hours ago
    Prometheus. I could no longer suspend my disbelief after 30 minutes into this movie. Doctors at a free clinic take more safety precautions than these Scooby Doo scientists did on a planet without any knowledge of its inhabitants if any. And when they do encounter the "locals", they remove their helmets, gloves and any common sense. I realize this is, just a movie. but you can still maintain common sense scientific protocols and create havoc and horror. Cheering for the Aliens helped me get through this film. If the humans in the next films are going to be careless and arrogant as the first ill pass.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Also, if you like 2001 Prometheus is legit just a straight extended commentary on it so hell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    ahhhh the comments

Brie LaBorte 3 hours ago
    Prometheus. I could no longer suspend my disbelief after 30 minutes into this movie. Doctors at a free clinic take more safety precautions than these Scooby Doo scientists did on a planet without any knowledge of its inhabitants if any. And when they do encounter the "locals", they remove their helmets, gloves and any common sense. I realize this is, just a movie. but you can still maintain common sense scientific protocols and create havoc and horror. Cheering for the Aliens helped me get through this film. If the humans in the next films are going to be careless and arrogant as the first ill pass.
    I have promised not to use certain mental disorders as characterization for behavior of internet persons.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    i already had to hold my tongue talking about the prometheus characters lool

One thing I gotta hand to Prometheus, some scenes made me relive that genuine ewwww of watching Alien as a child and I haven't felt that in years.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    Some kind of horrors do, that much is true. And there would be room here to discuss about outdated tropes and so on.
    As long as we acknowledge that some of those tropes are designed to appeal to emotions not intellect and being aware of the trope obviously neuters it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by *Snow View Post
    One thing I gotta hand to Prometheus, some scenes made me relive that genuine ewwww of watching Alien as a child and I haven't felt that in years.
    By some, do you mean the singular freaky scene, the c-section?

Banned
    There's also the cute penissnake scene.

cute
    cute penissnake
    That scene was just stupid.

By some, do you mean the singular freaky scene, the c-section?
    That and the snake/worm thingies.

Also the psychological fear of someone just casually slipping a deadly parasite into your food or drink.

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    That scene was just stupid.
    I dunno, creepy snake-things is an ick-factor for many. Can't say it can be compared with c-section, but still.

Blog Entries

Also the psychological fear of someone just casually slipping a deadly parasite into your food or drink.
    Continuing a proud franchise legacy of sexual predator robots.

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    A question worth asking, will future space explorers meta-analyse their own endavours through the lenses of 21st century film-making
    Only if it's a comedy imo.

Banned
    Oh shit I just realized

It's Galaxy Quest. The greatest science fiction film of all time is Galaxy Quest.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries

I can barely remember the movie anymore but I remember being confused why the robot acted how it did too. Like there was a flimsy pretext but it was so thin that I didn't want to accept it.

Blog Entries
    Anyways, I know we were talking about the best sci-fi movies of all time but we can't only talk about Prometheus.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wongdong Modernart View Post
    Anyways, I know we were talking about the best sci-fi movies of all time but we can't only talk about Prometheus.
    epic ecks d