Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 101151191196199200201
Results 4,001 to 4,009 of 4009

Thread: General Movies Thread

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Edge of Tomorrow was legitimately good though. Forgoes the downer ending of the original work for a more Hollywood ending, sure, but still really fun and well made.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Joker might be nearing one billion in revenue soon. If so, can't wait for the "told you so" that the MCU fanboys will get.

I judge your avatar and and I can not lie Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Edge of Tomorrow was legitimately good though. Forgoes the downer ending of the original work for a more Hollywood ending, sure, but still really fun and well made.
    Edge of Tomorrow was utterly terrible and a disgrace to the original novel. Hell, even Ghost in the Shell did it better.

Edit: To clarify, it being terrible and it being a disgrace to the original are two separate sins. It would still be terrible even if it was original, because it was anything but "original".
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Shitty gacha games I have wasted hours of my life on

Currently playing:
    -Fate/Grand Order
    -Azur Lane
    -Girls Frontline
    -Granblue Fantasy

Dropped/on hiatus (never ever):
    -Langrisser
    -PMMM: Magia Record
    Dragalia Lost

PM if you want friend codes/fellow commiserating. Please no interventions, it's too late to save me.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Originality isn't a must have. A very well made conventional story is still good. John Wick was great, even though it's just 1999's Payback.

That said, Ghost in the Shell definitely missed way harder than Egde of Tommorrow did. Both got Hollywood-ized, but at least people were trying in EoT. GitS felt like no one wanted to be there.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

Blog Entries
    The Invisible Man looks really good. Shame I feel like I've watched the entire movie after seeing that trailer.

Also, people who make trailers take note - if the first half of a movie is playing coy around whether the supernatural elements are in someone's head... don't give away the answer in the trailer.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Terminator Dark Fate is a pretty decent movie. A little bit too many action set pieces, but overall works out okay.

The weird thing is how the Terminator movies keep flip flopping on their ideal every movie. T1 was huge into fate and destiny. T2 was all about fighting fate and making a better world. T3 goes back to accepting the inevitable. Salvation substitutes fate and destiny for programing, but is all about going against the grain. Now this one is back to Destiny.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    It's almost like they should have stopped at the first sequel... :-P And honestly, much as I think it's a really good movie, I think the first one was its superior in many ways.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan in the distant past.

I watched the movie I think is better that the last 2, what is not so much praise because both of them were kind of bad. T3 Terminator chick is still the most difficult to deal and powerful Terminator, but this one came second.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Jojo Rabbit is a good movie that is really hard to categorize. It's primarily a love story, but with absurdist comedy, Nazi satire, and overt anachronistic speech in places. Also occasionally super depressing.

But it also has Sam Rockwell as an alcoholic soldier resenting being forced into non-combat roles because of injury, as the comic relief. So 10/10.

And Rebel Wilson is a goddamn monster.