Page 194 of 194 FirstFirst ... 94144184189192193194
Results 3,861 to 3,868 of 3868

Thread: General Movies Thread

Blog Entries
    So after the disappointment that was "The Grandmaster", I needed a good Donnie Yen flick to cleanse the palette. And I settled on "Wǔ xiá" (Dragon), a 2011 movie that is equal parts film noir as it is actually a martial arts film.

The gist of the plot is its 1917 in China and two bandits rock into town and try to rob the general store only for a local paper miller to try to stop them and accidentally kills them in the struggle. The man is praised as a local hero by the police and townspeople and everything goes well, until upcoming detective Xu Baijiu arrives an pulls a BBC Sherlock and realises that there's more to this situation than meets the eye and it all ties back to a dark conspiracy ten years ago...

So yeah, a really good film - very few fights compared to your standard Donnie Yen flick but they really up the stakes in each one so they hold much more weight individually. Very gory and surprisingly dark with a lot of emotional scenes, I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a more non-standard Chinese MA film of recent years.

US Friend Code

Are you feeling the dread yet
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    what the actual fuck

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    That's gotta be a fake! Right?
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    SONIC WUZ HERE
    Supports:

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Goetia was right.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    That's gotta be a fake! Right?
    Maybe. I heard some people saying it was fake. But then I had some people refuting that and saying it's legit so I dont know
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic Beasts 2 was a mess of a movie. It starts alright, and has lots of character stuff that's full of interesting places for the characters to go after last movie, but it turns into a massive clusterfuck at the climax where main characters suddenly decide they want to be Nazi's even though they're in love with someone that is #1 on the extermination list. Then there's the concurrent long lost family plot which ends with two named HP characters having no living ancestors to beget them, and another which is basically a daytime soap plotline with sudden hidden relatives that only work if two people manage to have a child years after both their deaths.

The only bit I actually enjoyed during the whole climax was Zoe Kravitz's big scene, because it's exactly what I always want someone to do in those situations. It fails, but at least she tried.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO