Page 135 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3585125130133134135136137140145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 4404

Thread: General Movies Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    I like 3. I really do.
    Like, let's be real, the flipping the ship sequence is the best segment in the entire series.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Like, let's be real, the flipping the ship sequence is the best segment in the entire series.
    I really prefer a lot of the (relatively) low key stuff in 1. Like I still think that Jack entering the movie triumphantly on a sinking ship and stepping off onto the dock might actually be the best joke in the whole thing.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I stopped paying attention to Pirates after I forget which one.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Banned
    I'm not sure a finer concentration of cornball exists than Spaceballs, save perhaps Young Frankenstein.

Blog Entries
    It's beautiful

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    I legit think that whole bit with fighting in a giant whirlpool rules visually, the problem is that this is the ENTIRETY of that battle. We spend the whole movie gathering these giant armadas... and they just sit around and watch the Pearl and Dutchman duke it out. It's anticlimax to the max, same thing with the kraken, this unstoppable horror that defines DMC just being killed offscreen and ditched on a beast.

The problem with 4 is that while Depp and Rush are great, you can't really make a movie ABOUT them. Like everyone was all excited that Bloom and Knightley were gone, but the problem is that there's no movie without those two, you need straight men to be the plot while D/R consume every bit of scenery they can.

I mean I guess there was that priest guy but who could POSSIBLY give a shit and he wasn't really a straight man anyway.
    Pirates of the Caribbean 4 for me is like that event in One Piece where Blackbeard took Whitebeard's powers and became the Yonkou, only more boring for some of those who watched that one.

To summarize: Barbossa had a grudge on Blackbeard since he took the entire ship, which sets off Barbossa to no end. Sparrow meanwhile tries to find the Fountain of Youth, only to find out that the key to finding it aside from his map is Blackbeard's daughter (?).

At the end, Jack got the reputation of being labeled as the Discoverer of the Fountain of Youth, and Barbossa got the Queen Anne's Revenge as a prize for almost killing Blackbeard.

And forgot to mention that I watched "Keeping Up with the Joneses".

Yep, HR is better at communication than CIA.

And being a Human Resource Manager is way harder than being a CIA agent.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saw La La Land. I can see why it won so many awards, it's basically a two hour blowjob to Hollywood. It's good, but there's some really wierd stuff, like a tap scene where they barely tap, or the terrible blur on the pan shots, or Emma Stone forgetting to project while singing for 80% of her stuff. The soundtrack was great, and the movie succeeds in being an ode to 50's musicals but updated for the modern era. On the other hand it feels like Hail Caeser! was a better 50's style movie.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Where do I begin to point out the things that are wrong just shown in the trailer.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    If it'll sell action figures there's nothing wrong with it.

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    I believe they didn't intend the word "Morphin" in the video title to have a meaning I immediately thought it had
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

Blog Entries
    Watched The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc. Overall, I thought it was decent. I really liked the way they portrayed God as being a part of Joan's conscience and the scenes where His dead body is left in a field going through the stages of decomposition as Joan's faith takes a downward spiral near the end. That's some nice, if morbidly violent (shot with arrows, blood everywhere, etc.), imagery. Really, God's depiction as this 'not so holy, tired, intense, and just plain creepy dude sitting on a chair silently judging you' character was a welcome departure.

Could have done without all the hysterical screaming and, well, her being completely crazy. Also all the historical inaccuracies (but that's to be expected so I didn't mind much).

All the reviews I read said it was basically a shit film and no, they were wrong. It's just a different take. And, honestly, a more 'realistic' one.

Putting people on pedestals is bad.

Also her hair in the earlier scenes is very much like Fate's Joan. I mean she has the mullet and one long braid and everything. Which can be seen here.
    Last edited by Historia; January 19th, 2017 at 02:25 PM.

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    I finally watched Arrival, it surprisingly felt more or less just like usual quality sci-fi movie with some linguistics poured on top. Maybe my expectations were too high, or disliking
    Spoiler:
    time loops as plot device affected the impression.

What bothered me is that while optimism of the aliens about humans learning their language obviously wasn't unfounded, the fact that it comes with side effect of spoiling ur entire lyfe must be a massive turn off. Main heroine learned the language while not being aware of it, and even her love interest, of all people, despite being present during the whole thing and heavily invested in still didn't. But of course there's a positive moment that the language itself should be easy to learn after getting far enough to form a positive feedback loop through newly acquired future-sight and siphon your vocabulary from the there
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Snatch is a good, fun movie and I'd watch it again but this time without subtitles to see if I can understand it still. Dags are nice.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Today I watched 2 good fun movies with friends.

No Country For Old Men which I have put off forever and Snatch which I basically watched forever now and will continue until I die.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Snatch is a good, fun movie and I'd watch it again but this time without subtitles to see if I can understand it still. Dags are nice.
    I've seen that movie plenty of times, and I've never once even considered the possibility of using the subtitles. Might give it a try next time, just to see if they're really saying what I think they are.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, Apparently there's an upcoming series of movies based off Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable coming out in 2017. Anybody heard of this before?

Kind of curious how it'll turn out. Manga > live-action adaptions tend to have a rather dubious success rate (see Parasyte, Attack On Titan and others) so I don't have my hopes outrageously far up. But it'd be pretty interesting to see if live-action could capture the utter fabulousness that is Jojo.

And the actors shown so far seem to have their characters' looks down pretty pat (plus the one playing Yukako is a major hottie).

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    But the dude playing Koichi isn't as tall as the others belly buttons.

Blog Entries
    John Wick 2 was lit.

Banned
    Lego Batman is

Good