Page 147 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4797137142145146147148 LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 2942

Thread: General Movies Thread

Friend Code
    BN: FiveX#1720
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Did you just see it for the first time, or was this a rewatch? Either way check out Seven Pyschopaths next. Same writer, Colin Farrell is a writer struggling to make a new script after his first one gains critical acclaim. It's so hilariously meta, and funny on its own too. Plus you have Sam Rockwell, Woody Harrelson, and Christopher Walken, too.
    Second (I think?) time, I was rewatching it with I3uster since he hadn't seen it yet. I've had Seven Psychopaths pretty high up on my to-watch list for years now, so I might as well get to that soonish. Thanks for reminding me of it!
    The Manhattan Project: Is it a sin to kill for your country? In an age of nationalism, where do you draw the line between right and wrong? In the 1960s, eight people seek peace amidst war and tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Well if you ever want to make good posts, you know where to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Canada might be the ideal.
    [11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Eightfold Blessings of Smug Superiority Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    In Bruges was a great movie, yeah.
    Supports:

Blog Entries
    Having just done an incredibly classy skim-through of the entire Pirates of the Caribbean series, 2>1>3>4.

e: the supernatural parts are the best parts fight me
    Last edited by SeiKeo; January 6th, 2017 at 12:08 AM.

4 is basically unwatchable. I laughed exactly once in the theater, when the Spanish general just shot that guy.

I would put 1 above 2 because of less fat and while I am entertained by Bill Nighy he's just not Geoffrey Rush.

I will probably go see 5 because ​I have to know

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    I would put 1 above 2 because of less fat and while I am entertained by Bill Nighy he's just not Geoffrey Rush.
    For this reason the best Pirates is the first 2/3rds of 3, but unfortunately the Calypso subplot blows and the final battle stuff is way too overdone.

and come on 4 isn't unwatchable, the buddy comedy with depp and rush is some of the best parts of the series

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    For this reason the best Pirates is the first 2/3rds of 3, but unfortunately the Calypso subplot blows and the final battle stuff is way too overdone.

and come on 4 isn't unwatchable, the buddy comedy with depp and rush is some of the best parts of the series
    I legit think that whole bit with fighting in a giant whirlpool rules visually, the problem is that this is the ENTIRETY of that battle. We spend the whole movie gathering these giant armadas... and they just sit around and watch the Pearl and Dutchman duke it out. It's anticlimax to the max, same thing with the kraken, this unstoppable horror that defines DMC just being killed offscreen and ditched on a beast.

The problem with 4 is that while Depp and Rush are great, you can't really make a movie ABOUT them. Like everyone was all excited that Bloom and Knightley were gone, but the problem is that there's no movie without those two, you need straight men to be the plot while D/R consume every bit of scenery they can.

I mean I guess there was that priest guy but who could POSSIBLY give a shit and he wasn't really a straight man anyway.

Blog Entries
    I mean, not that I miss Orlando, but I could have gone for another movie with Elizabeth. Is this weird? The pirate queen gig that she has is great.

Although then she'd just be some fish pining for her husband the whole movie so maybe not.

Well Bloom is coming back for 5 to do... something

Blog Entries
    I liked bloom and knightley. Or more precisely, I think I understood in the back of my mind that you needed them around to essentially tsukkomi jack's boke routine

also I feel like I liked three more then others do, but that might be because I didn't like one and two as much as most, so I was able to just sit and enjoy it as a popcorn movie without being disappointed when I didn't achieve ejaculation by way of the viewing
    Ever wonder why Shirou likes Saber to have some tea when he starts cooking?

I like 3. I really do. It would have been fine with a trim here or there and an actual armada battle at the end (I can accept cutting the kraken under the explanation given I guess). Probably cut the Calypso stuff too since it didn't add anything.

Blog Entries
    I like 3. I really do.
    Like, let's be real, the flipping the ship sequence is the best segment in the entire series.

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Like, let's be real, the flipping the ship sequence is the best segment in the entire series.
    I really prefer a lot of the (relatively) low key stuff in 1. Like I still think that Jack entering the movie triumphantly on a sinking ship and stepping off onto the dock might actually be the best joke in the whole thing.

Friend Code
    BN: FiveX#1720
    Blog Entries
    I stopped paying attention to Pirates after I forget which one.
    The Manhattan Project: Is it a sin to kill for your country? In an age of nationalism, where do you draw the line between right and wrong? In the 1960s, eight people seek peace amidst war and tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Well if you ever want to make good posts, you know where to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Canada might be the ideal.
    [11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

I'm not sure a finer concentration of cornball exists than Spaceballs, save perhaps Young Frankenstein.

Blog Entries
    It's beautiful

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    I legit think that whole bit with fighting in a giant whirlpool rules visually, the problem is that this is the ENTIRETY of that battle. We spend the whole movie gathering these giant armadas... and they just sit around and watch the Pearl and Dutchman duke it out. It's anticlimax to the max, same thing with the kraken, this unstoppable horror that defines DMC just being killed offscreen and ditched on a beast.

The problem with 4 is that while Depp and Rush are great, you can't really make a movie ABOUT them. Like everyone was all excited that Bloom and Knightley were gone, but the problem is that there's no movie without those two, you need straight men to be the plot while D/R consume every bit of scenery they can.

I mean I guess there was that priest guy but who could POSSIBLY give a shit and he wasn't really a straight man anyway.
    Pirates of the Caribbean 4 for me is like that event in One Piece where Blackbeard took Whitebeard's powers and became the Yonkou, only more boring for some of those who watched that one.

To summarize: Barbossa had a grudge on Blackbeard since he took the entire ship, which sets off Barbossa to no end. Sparrow meanwhile tries to find the Fountain of Youth, only to find out that the key to finding it aside from his map is Blackbeard's daughter (?).

At the end, Jack got the reputation of being labeled as the Discoverer of the Fountain of Youth, and Barbossa got the Queen Anne's Revenge as a prize for almost killing Blackbeard.

And forgot to mention that I watched "Keeping Up with the Joneses".

Yep, HR is better at communication than CIA.

And being a Human Resource Manager is way harder than being a CIA agent.
    Not dealing with it...

My feelings on the gacha
    Quote Originally Posted by fallacies View Post

An Evil of Man has manifested!
    All hail!!!

Waga na wa Jeanne d'Arc Arashi_Leonhart's Avatar
    Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I have a burning need to see Silence, but I also have a burning need to not go onto snowy roads and crash.
    Stuff I do for your attention and adulation
    Hearts of the Suffering ch 21: 50%
    In Which Sion Is Misinformed About the Nature of Special Anniversary Events 2/4: 75%

My FGO lineup: Jalter/Artoria/Artoria/Cu/Astolfo/Marie/Kerry/Vlad
    gf lineup (440700153/Kohaku): Merlin/Gawain/Arjuna/Scathach/Astolfo/Waver/Jack/Herk

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saw La La Land. I can see why it won so many awards, it's basically a two hour blowjob to Hollywood. It's good, but there's some really wierd stuff, like a tap scene where they barely tap, or the terrible blur on the pan shots, or Emma Stone forgetting to project while singing for 80% of her stuff. The soundtrack was great, and the movie succeeds in being an ode to 50's musicals but updated for the modern era. On the other hand it feels like Hail Caeser! was a better 50's style movie.
    Atlus: Just Make an Eroge Already.

Where do I begin to point out the things that are wrong just shown in the trailer.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

If it'll sell action figures there's nothing wrong with it.