Thread: General Movies Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I don't think he's ready for Antichrist

IIRC Melancholia was good?

Blog Entries
    Martyrs?

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of French horror films are pretty nasty, if that's your thing.

- - - Updated - - -

There was one I'm trying to remember the name of, but all I recall is she cut her clitoris off with some scissors in one scene.

Sing was okaaayyy, it felt really sluggish in the beginning but the final part was great.

I was very surprised to find out Reese Witherspoon and Scarlet Johansson sang their own musical parts, I didn't know they had that kind of talent. I mean, their parts weren't /amazing/ but good enough that I thought a professional singer did the job.

The real highlight was that mouse with fully detailed makeup though.. the furry agenda advances

Blog Entries
    I knew Reese could do country at least from Walk the Line
    But apparently pop music was a lot harder for her lol

Banned
    IDR if I said but Moana is good. Not great, but good.

Quote Originally Posted by Huitante View Post
    Nymphomaniac
    I was pleasantly entertained by this movie. But yeah, subtle indeed.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Saw The Imitation Game over Christmas.

Cumberbatch did a great job as Alan Turing. I really felt for him, especially as things just got worse and worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    In Bruges is a good fucking movie. I adore Colin Farrell.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    In Bruges is a good fucking movie. I adore Colin Farrell.
    Did you just see it for the first time, or was this a rewatch? Either way check out Seven Pyschopaths next. Same writer, Colin Farrell is a writer struggling to make a new script after his first one gains critical acclaim. It's so hilariously meta, and funny on its own too. Plus you have Sam Rockwell, Woody Harrelson, and Christopher Walken, too.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Did you just see it for the first time, or was this a rewatch? Either way check out Seven Pyschopaths next. Same writer, Colin Farrell is a writer struggling to make a new script after his first one gains critical acclaim. It's so hilariously meta, and funny on its own too. Plus you have Sam Rockwell, Woody Harrelson, and Christopher Walken, too.
    Second (I think?) time, I was rewatching it with I3uster since he hadn't seen it yet. I've had Seven Psychopaths pretty high up on my to-watch list for years now, so I might as well get to that soonish. Thanks for reminding me of it!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    In Bruges was a great movie, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Having just done an incredibly classy skim-through of the entire Pirates of the Caribbean series, 2>1>3>4.

e: the supernatural parts are the best parts fight me
    Last edited by SeiKeo; January 6th, 2017 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    4 is basically unwatchable. I laughed exactly once in the theater, when the Spanish general just shot that guy.

I would put 1 above 2 because of less fat and while I am entertained by Bill Nighy he's just not Geoffrey Rush.

I will probably go see 5 because ​I have to know

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    I would put 1 above 2 because of less fat and while I am entertained by Bill Nighy he's just not Geoffrey Rush.
    For this reason the best Pirates is the first 2/3rds of 3, but unfortunately the Calypso subplot blows and the final battle stuff is way too overdone.

and come on 4 isn't unwatchable, the buddy comedy with depp and rush is some of the best parts of the series
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    For this reason the best Pirates is the first 2/3rds of 3, but unfortunately the Calypso subplot blows and the final battle stuff is way too overdone.

and come on 4 isn't unwatchable, the buddy comedy with depp and rush is some of the best parts of the series
    I legit think that whole bit with fighting in a giant whirlpool rules visually, the problem is that this is the ENTIRETY of that battle. We spend the whole movie gathering these giant armadas... and they just sit around and watch the Pearl and Dutchman duke it out. It's anticlimax to the max, same thing with the kraken, this unstoppable horror that defines DMC just being killed offscreen and ditched on a beast.

The problem with 4 is that while Depp and Rush are great, you can't really make a movie ABOUT them. Like everyone was all excited that Bloom and Knightley were gone, but the problem is that there's no movie without those two, you need straight men to be the plot while D/R consume every bit of scenery they can.

I mean I guess there was that priest guy but who could POSSIBLY give a shit and he wasn't really a straight man anyway.

Blog Entries
    I mean, not that I miss Orlando, but I could have gone for another movie with Elizabeth. Is this weird? The pirate queen gig that she has is great.

Although then she'd just be some fish pining for her husband the whole movie so maybe not.

Banned
    Well Bloom is coming back for 5 to do... something

Blog Entries
    I liked bloom and knightley. Or more precisely, I think I understood in the back of my mind that you needed them around to essentially tsukkomi jack's boke routine

also I feel like I liked three more then others do, but that might be because I didn't like one and two as much as most, so I was able to just sit and enjoy it as a popcorn movie without being disappointed when I didn't achieve ejaculation by way of the viewing
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Banned
    I like 3. I really do. It would have been fine with a trim here or there and an actual armada battle at the end (I can accept cutting the kraken under the explanation given I guess). Probably cut the Calypso stuff too since it didn't add anything.