Page 195 of 195 FirstFirst ... 95145185190193194195
Results 3,881 to 3,893 of 3893

Thread: General Movies Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    The new Hellboy movie looks so weak... Like a watered-down version of Del Toro's Hellboy.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan in the distant past.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It looks like no one is enjoying themselves, which is alright if you're going for a darker edgier version, but you can't make a bunch of jokes using that tone and expect it to be funny, it ends up feeling like Charlie Brown.

I saw Mortal Engines last night. That's a movie with great aesthetic and good acting but the blandest storyline (the ending is literally just Star Wars) and tons of badly written characters (Red 3 goes down in a fiery blaze of glory which would be greatly helped if I knew the first thing about them, like their name.)
    Last edited by Mattias; December 21st, 2018 at 12:25 PM.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

Temporarily Indisposed Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post

I was thinking about Men in Black a few weeks ago. Excited for this movie.

Ha ha, look, it's because he's Thor and he threw a hammer and...
    look guys, everyone expected the casting gag when you decided to make the man a MIB agent, but you really don't have to try this hard to be "hip and trendy" just because the last MIB movie kinda sucked. Don't think I didn't catch the obvious MIB cartoon references too.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Last MIB movie should've been the last one period.

They're also "rebooting" the Pirates of the Caribbean without Jack Sparrow. 5 should've been the last one of that, too.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    They're also "rebooting" the Pirates of the Caribbean without Jack Sparrow. 5 should've been the last one of that, too.
    I think you're giving it two movies too many there.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    The only good Pirates was the first one, and while I did enjoy MIB 2, no MIB after the first one was needed.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan in the distant past.

Temporarily Indisposed Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    Last MIB movie should've been the last one period.

Ι'm gonna have to agree with Eeyore here, At World's End worked just fine for the ending. Heck, they could have stuck to Dead Man's Chest and it'd be fine at that.

Same for MIB 2, except here 3 was really a step down in overall quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this is unrelated but I'm really hyped up for Enter The Spiderverse and I hope I can manage to go see it before someone dumps a heaping plate of spoilers all over me again.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Once and always and nevermore.

1. 2. 3. 4. We are cells at work! RoydGolden's Avatar
    Not sure if this belongs here, but has anyone here watched the Timeless finale movie? They did a pretty good job of wrapping things up satisfactorily. (Even if the nature of Jia's visions went frustratingly unexplained).

Blog Entries
    New Hellboy reboot just makes me want Hellboy III. Still gonna go see it.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saw Spider-verse yesterday. It was pretty entertaining.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

JP Friend Code
    BN: FiveX#1720
    Blog Entries
    I Want To Eat Your Pancreas, verdict:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    ;_;
    The Manhattan Project: Is it a sin to kill for your country? In an age of nationalism, where do you draw the line between right and wrong? In the 1960s, eight people seek peace amidst war and tragedy.

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Oh goodie

Planning at seeing it when it comes February

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I saw Mary Poppins Returns yesterday. It was a fine movie where LMM and Emily Blunt are great and all the other people are just there. Music is good, not as good as Julie Andrews but still well done, just no where near as memorable or catchy and occasionally lasting too long. The 2D special effects are a great throwback, but some of the Green Screening was lackluster.

7/10, see it if there's nothing else catching you're interest. Or if you really like Emily Blunt, because she makes even depression era clothes look damn good.

Had a good laugh though when I realized that after Mary Poppins and Mary Poppins Returns, the next film should be Mary Poppins Forever and then Mary Poppins & Robin.